Ruby Granger #44 To be or not to be pretentious, that is the subjective question.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I could swear she was pressing in on purpose. was there really no other way she could have taken? how about just not go in that direction? just how stupid and spoiled do you have to be do this to your shoes? the way she just doesn't give a single shit about her belongings is just...

Is it... is this romantic? aesthetic??? like that time expensive brands made shoes that looked like it was worn out, like they had dirt on them, so that rich people who wore new shoes everyday all their lives could feel like they had worn out shoes??? is that why she did it omg

Reactions: 17
I was going to comment on the way she said SYUEWP instead of soup

Reactions: 9
Saying Crime and Punishment is going to be in her “top 5 favourite books” after only being 5% through it… she is infuriating.
No one likes the first 100 pages of C&P. It's a hill I'm willing to die on (as an English literature graduate)

Reactions: 19
She’s got a loft full of clothing, she’ll have five or six replacements for that pair of shoes ready to go at any time, if she ever feels like wearing something that isn’t nasty and grimy. It’s another sign of her enormous privilege that she can just ruin a pair of shoes and laugh about it. The rest of us have to put in actual hours of work to be able to afford to replace shoes. say ”shoes” one more time

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
She didn't eat them at all - in the shot of her tasting the final one you can see she only took a bite out of two of the others and put them back in the tray.

Reactions: 8
Kind of reminds me of myself reading Gone With the Wind when I was 13. It went completely over my head but I liked the idea of being the kind of person who reads ~big difficult books~. I always feel like that's what Ruby is doing.

Reactions: 27
Kind of reminds me of myself reading Gone With the Wind when I was 13. It went completely over my head but I liked the idea of being the kind of person who reads ~big difficult books~. I always feel like that's what Ruby is doing.
When I was 14 my favourite book was Les Miserables. And I legitimately read it cover to cover and loved it too.
And if you're wondering, yes I had no friends

Reactions: 21
She didn't eat them at all - in the shot of her tasting the final one you can see she only took a bite out of two of the others and put them back in the tray.
Yep, these got binned after those tiny bites. If she had any intention of eating them, she could've filmed herself actually taste-testing them throughout the day, compared to the ridiculously small crumb of icing she ate before dumping them back in the box.

She does it every time she "taste-tests" something: Makes a dramatic production of taking the tiniest, crumb-sized "bite" she can, claims she devoured the whole thing and it's her favourite, but the rest is never seen again and no doubt gets binned off-camera. It's the food equivalent of her book reviews.

Reactions: 21
When I was 14 my favourite book was Les Miserables. And I legitimately read it cover to cover and loved it too.
And if you're wondering, yes I had no friends
Oh bless you we would have been BESTIES
Edit to add not in a creepy Blakeney/Rubster way

Reactions: 5
The review: ‘IYT’S BAYSICKLY ABOUT CROIYME AND …’ Ruby screws up her eyes and squints at the camera ‘PONNISHMENT’.
"Weee tand tyooo think of CROIYME as ayyy thing that happens tyoooo OTHA PEOPLE. But whan weee think about CROIYME as ayyy CON-SAPPT, we realoise that there are A VARRY MANNIE DIFFERENT TOIYPES OF CROIYME, and NOT AWLL OF THAM ARE LEGAL. Somm of tham can even be what Hawthingbornford considers, "MATTAPHORICAL CROIYMES." And, as oiy say, ponnishment can sometimes be on-fahhr. So, in conclyoooshon, oiy would JANUINELY give THE CROIY-MAN'S PONNISHINGS boiy DOSTORR YOTHSKI a FOIVE OUT OF FOIVE. HONNASTLEE THE BASST BOOK OIY'VE AVVER RAD!"

Reactions: 31
It’s giving

Reactions: 34
Is it just me or does the wording of this make it sound like she has no idea who Dylan Thomas is?

Reactions: 28
That donut GIF is doing my head in, she’s basically chewing air! Looks delish!
Why do these food producers use her to advertise though? She has an eating disorder as plain as day and her followers must be similarly inclined or blind - why would a donut producer think she is going to help sales?

Reactions: 10
Her hair would be so nice if she cut it to that length. It's far too long, as is, and she would have a far easier time taking care of it if she lopped it off.
---
Anyone know if there’s actual science behind this or is it something she likes to think exists in her dark academia world?
There have always been superstitions about the moon. Midwives used to swear that babies are more likely to be morn under a full moon, and nurses in care homes often talk about how their patients are more agitated when there's a full moon.

Of course there's no evidence around these things, it's probably coincidence. Unless roobs is a werewolf. Obviously.
---
Not that it excuses the leaving of food scraps about, but her accomodation is post graduate and brand-spanking new. Post grads tend to not be quite the slobs that undergraduates are. Like, it's not a modernised building. It's a brand new building. She might be the first or second person to live in that room. I forget when they finished building it but I think it was around the time I graduated, so only about a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Her hair would be so nice if she cut it to that length. It's far too long, as is, and she would have a far easier time taking care of it if she lopped it off.
Agreed, I think her hair is nice but the unkempt length and the violent brushing is ruining it.

Reactions: 9
Why do these food producers use her to advertise though? She has an eating disorder as plain as day and her followers must be similarly inclined or blind - why would a donut producer think she is going to help sales?
I suppose when it comes to Ruby's following, from a brand's perspective, to gift her food is cynical marketing. Once the food is bought, it doesn't matter where and how it ends. The only thing that matters is the purchase. Sad, I know.

Reactions: 6
How the hell is she going to emulate cosplay copy that..? I feel for Ruby. Sort of.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.