Ruby Granger #43 Second most famous Granger in Oxford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which book was it (out of curiousity)?
I’m not the OP but I think I saw Ruby reading Terms and Conditons by Ysenda Maxtone Graham, which is a history of British girls’ boarding schools between the 30s and 70s. It’s a good read, if a bit short!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She's really not in a rush to go back to Oxford is she as she's still at home despite the fact that Hilary Term starts next week.
After all her going on about wanting to go to Oxford since she was a child, I am amazed that she isn't making the most of her time and opportunity to enjoy both the town and the University. There is so much to do and see, to learn, but she is more interested in showing a thousand pictures of her stupid desk, her filthy kitchen and her stained fingers. Her romantic view of Oxford went out the window as soon as she arrived and has been going downhill ever since. I think the reality of the workload, independent study and expectations, along with peers far more intelligent than her, has left her in the dust.

Reactions: 19
I really don't think that's how the Oxford union works. They are not some silly little village debate team meeting for funnsies, they are a highly established organisation with a long history of hosting controversial events and speakers, and so have a very strong financial, political, and legal foothold. It's made very, very clear to all participants that any debates/talks/lectures happening in their chambers become their intellectual property. I highly doubt Roobles or her manager wagging an angry finger in their direction would be enough to spook them into not posting a debate. After all, they likely have much bigger, more powerful, more famous people wagging their fingers on the regular and still post their engagements. A quick google search shows that they are certainly no stranger to legal challanges from guests.

I think the most likely cause is just our own inpatience. Despite it's prestige, it still is a student run organisation, so its editors, directors, and social media team will be working on a skeleton crew atm. I'm sure it will find it's way online sooner or later, it's just unlikely to be the most riverting of debates and so hasn't been made a priority to edit and publish.
I can confirm that this is in fact how the Union works - it wouldn't post content without the participants' consent (aside from the legalities involved, posting footage without obtaining participant consent would hardly be likely to endear the Union (or any other organisation) to future potential participants).

Reactions: 3
I agree, she definitely goes for the physical aesthetic. No surprise then that she hasn’t really shown any interest in ebook readers, despite being a collector of lots of electronic pads, laptops, notepad's, etc.
I wonder if this is why she has never done anything with the 'library' at Bones Manor?

Genuinely the Oxford saga is the most boring saga to date. I understand the course is probably out of her league or kicking her ass, but I’d honestly much rather her say that she’s taking a break from YT until Christmas break. Each video is literally the same thing with the same recycled footage.
Agreed. If she talked about the course that she supposedly loves, I'd be curious enough to watch her content.

As all her videos apparently show the same "assthetik" takes but have no substance, I'm relying on 'Tattle' for honest critiques instead.

Reactions: 7
Fair enough. But it's so weird that it happens several times, I doubt it's a technical problem here. I guess she just doesn't want to keep traces of it - and I understand why-.
Absolutely, the only one I've ever seen that went up was her disastrous King's College debate that was pulled almost instantly, likely due to technical reasons since the live feed audio was completely screwed up.

But she's taken part in quite a few debates, speeches and conference talks now and it's definitely strange that not a single one exists online. They can't all be due to technical issues, but considering the staggering level of unintentional stupidity and ineptitude present in almost all of her content, I also don't know that Ruby has the self-awareness to realise when she comes across like a total moron.

Her outfit ”matches perfectly” 😂

View attachment 2681046
Untitle56789079876876897897908797646#676675776899798977945656686877987978878998d - Copy.png

I love that she instantly stopped advertising the PONKERPOD TIFTEE TYOTE BAHHG the second it was unceremoniously dumped on her store and has chosen to keep shilling this Daunt Books tote bag she bought instead.

She'll die before she stops trying to wring a sponsorship out of James Daunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I‘m cringing at the fact that she and her Mum went to the Chanel exhibition, and what with Chanel being French, they of course had to cosplay and they both wore berets. Red ones. That combined with Ruby‘s Tory MP jacket has just sent me over the edge.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I‘m cringing at the fact that she and her Mum went to the Chanel exhibition, and what with Chanel being French, they of course had to cosplay and they both wore berets. Red ones. That combined with Ruby‘s Tory MP jacket has just sent me over the edge.
Allo! C'est Ruby!

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.37.10.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
'Ruby Granger #44 - Daunt books, Chanel looks, almond cakes are all she cooks'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Why hasn’t she gone back to Oxford? Would be nice to settle in a bit and do some reading before term starts. She’d get free rein of the manuscripts etc as it will be quieter 🤔

Reactions: 6
Her outfit ”matches perfectly” 😂

View attachment 2681046
Please don´t come for me, but once again, I actually kind of like this outfit minus the big skirt buttons, I think they are a bit too much, especially if the skirt does not sit right. However I also have to admit that I dress somewhat similar to what her and her mum wore to London according to her latest post (I wear wool berets in winter since they fit my style better than knitted has) 😂😅 I also like that Ruby curled her hair and styled it a bit, it looks nice that way in my opinion :giggle:

On another note: when does her course end? Coming autumn or earlier? :unsure:

Reactions: 1
Please don´t come for me, but once again, I actually kind of like this outfit minus the big skirt buttons, I think they are a bit too much, especially if the skirt does not sit right. However I also have to admit that I dress somewhat similar to what her and her mum wore to London according to her latest post (I wear wool berets in winter since they fit my style better than knitted has) 😂😅 I also like that Ruby curled her hair and styled it a bit, it looks nice that way in my opinion :giggle:

On another note: when does her course end? Coming autumn or earlier? :unsure:
I think the main issue are the buttons had the skirt been plain, despite the Tory MP jacket, it wouldn't have been that bad. But she keeps wearing this skirt with other eye catching/boldish items so it always looks quite overkill. Theres too much going on.
I do agree on the hair though! It looks quite nice.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.