Ruby Granger #43 Second most famous Granger in Oxford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if she's been sat on the kitchen floor writing in front of the Aga to keep warm like a poor victorian child. Oh wait, I forgot that she's syo syo notoriously, ahksquisetly differant ahnd nyot loike other guhrls so of course she's going to do this rather than sit in a seat like a normal person.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 25
As if she's been sat on the kitchen floor writing in front of the Aga to keep warm like a poor victorian child. Oh wait, I forgot that she's syo syo notoriously, ahksquisetly differant ahnd nyot loike other guhrls so of course she's going to do this rather than sit in a seat like a normal person.
The filthy floor 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The influencer debate took place between the nuclear weapons debate and the AI one. Looks like they uploaded some of them a bit out of order but all the debates before and after the influencer one were uploaded.

It's definitely becoming a strange coincidence that every public speaking event she takes part in either never makes it online or vanishes from the internet as quickly as possible.
Could mommy and daddy Bones-ger have enough influence to do that? I don't see Ruby alone doing that, she'd probably go and cry on mommy's shoulder if she felt humiliated

Bloody heck, it's freezing today, sitting on a stone/tiled floor is the last thing I would do today. Brrrr

Reactions: 2
I used to work at a university and you have to sign off on the debates to have them published in a public space. She probably didn't because she didn't want people watching them and commenting.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Not a fan of Ruby generally and just a guess, but there were far more well known people participating in that debate that could just as easily (and more likely) have vetoed it being posted on the internet.

Reactions: 15
Not a fan of Ruby generally and just a guess, but there were far more well known people participating in that debate that could just as easily (and more likely) have vetoed it being posted on the internet.
If it's only a matter of signing off on debates being published, it's not a matter of fame, anyone in the room could object to that.

Reactions: 1
lol she’s gone from ”I don’t like any veeeegan cheeses” to every vegan cheese being her FYAYVOURITE over the years, wonder why 🙃 At least she’s declaring her perpetual gifted kombyoocha this time.

IMG_2653.jpeg

---
If it's only a matter of signing off on debates being published, it's not a matter of fame, anyone in the room could object to that.
It’s a bit sus how none of the participants in the other debates have objected, not saying it was Roobee alone but it must have been a veritable dumpster fire if professional influencers (who make their living on being perceived) decide they don’t want their Big Intellectual Moment out there for the masses to see and engage with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Could mommy and daddy Bones-ger have enough influence to do that? I don't see Ruby alone doing that, she'd probably go and cry on mommy's shoulder if she felt humiliated
I doubt she'd get mummy and daddy involved or that they have any pull at the union. If she thought the video would humiliate her, I imagine she'd either contact the university to withdraw her consent for the video to go up or just get her manager to do it for her.

It's entirely possible that someone at the uni screwed up and either didn't film the event, lost the recording or just forgot all about uploading it. But it's weird that no public speaking event that Ruby takes part in ends up online or stays there for long.

Even the events that her managers arrange for her, like the Empowered by Vee vanity conference that's there just to give Sixteenth influencers their own faux Ted talk spots to feel important in front of an audience of other Sixteenthers - any time Ruby has spoken, the conference just hasn't been uploaded, yet all other years' events have.

Reactions: 8
They always request almond puddings when they visit? What a very specific lie!
Now I'll think about Lady Mummy Granger speaking to the cook about making multiple courses of almond desserts for the dinner and making sure there is almonds to snack on upon granny and grandpapa's request. Martha would eat in the kitchen with the servants.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Unless you've been able to access some particularly specific records, it is unlikely this information is easily accessible on the internet. As someone who has a strange obsession with the history of girls private and boarding schools (as a result of picking up a book Ruby recommended, funnily enough) records are not digitised very well. For instance, for one school that no longer exists I had to scrape local newspapers to find the list of headmistresses to add to the Wikipedia article for the school once. No one had thought to put it together in an easily readable source before I decided to, and I see this quite often with non-digital resources on obscure schools.

There were countless small rural schools for girls, situated much like Bones manor. These school buildings were not purpose built as such, rather the headmistresses purchased them. Many people gave up their large houses during the 20s, 30s, and 40s, as they could not afford to run them (staff became increasingly expensive over this time.) Often, and annoyingly, these schools would simply go by the name of the house, and would change name if they changed premises (many a school "disappears" due to this in the records). Many of these schools closed well before the internet came along, and hence no one has bothered to record them existing online. Reasons for closing are myriad: some ran out of pupils, others just out of money, some out of staff. Many schools closed when their headmistresses died, with no one willing to step up and take on the running of the business.

It is possible the house, then, held both lives: as a small boarding school and as a country pile. I think it unlikely that the water fountain has anything to do with a previous life as a private residence, rather would come from the time as a school if it had one. I've never heard of an employer bothering with a water fountain for their staff (or anything similar).
See this is why I like this thread, brilliant little nuggets of info like this! And they say Tattle is all about doxxing and attacking influencer's kids...!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I really don't think that's how the Oxford union works. They are not some silly little village debate team meeting for funnsies, they are a highly established organisation with a long history of hosting controversial events and speakers, and so have a very strong financial, political, and legal foothold. It's made very, very clear to all participants that any debates/talks/lectures happening in their chambers become their intellectual property. I highly doubt Roobles or her manager wagging an angry finger in their direction would be enough to spook them into not posting a debate. After all, they likely have much bigger, more powerful, more famous people wagging their fingers on the regular and still post their engagements. A quick google search shows that they are certainly no stranger to legal challanges from guests.

I think the most likely cause is just our own inpatience. Despite it's prestige, it still is a student run organisation, so its editors, directors, and social media team will be working on a skeleton crew atm. I'm sure it will find it's way online sooner or later, it's just unlikely to be the most riverting of debates and so hasn't been made a priority to edit and publish.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
But they surely have to have the students' permission to post these online, right? You have to have consent to post someone else's face all over the internet. So maybe everyone signed "yes" for their episode, and she didn't give permission.

See this is why I like this thread, brilliant little nuggets of info like this! And they say Tattle is all about doxxing and attacking influencer's kids...!
Here's an example, from a town of maybe 10,000 people that I know well: http://www.the-malvern-hills.uk/other_history_schools.htm. There are records of more than FIFTY closed schools listed by name from the last ~150 years, and that's just one small settlement. If you read how they tracked down the existence of these places, it's easy to see how many more could be lost to time if they did not align with census records or newspapers that kept thorough archives.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But they surely have to have the students' permission to post these online, right? You have to have consent to post someone else's face all over the internet. So maybe everyone signed "yes" for their episode, and she didn't give permission.
Maybe there's a clause in the contract that by participating at the event you give consent for the recording of you to be published?

Reactions: 7
I took a break from her content over December/Jan and just returning. I can’t even face the “How to be more “Intellectual”” video 🥲 but looking forward to catching up on this thread!

Reactions: 3
She's really not in a rush to go back to Oxford is she as she's still at home despite the fact that Hilary Term starts next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I doubt she'd get mummy and daddy involved or that they have any pull at the union. If she thought the video would humiliate her, I imagine she'd either contact the university to withdraw her consent for the video to go up or just get her manager to do it for her.

It's entirely possible that someone at the uni screwed up and either didn't film the event, lost the recording or just forgot all about uploading it. But it's weird that no public speaking event that Ruby takes part in ends up online or stays there for long.

Even the events that her managers arrange for her, like the Empowered by Vee vanity conference that's there just to give Sixteenth influencers their own faux Ted talk spots to feel important in front of an audience of other Sixteenthers - any time Ruby has spoken, the conference just hasn't been uploaded, yet all other years' events have.
Fair enough. But it's so weird that it happens several times, I doubt it's a technical problem here. I guess she just doesn't want to keep traces of it - and I understand why-.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.