Ruby Granger #43 Second most famous Granger in Oxford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you @Larancia for the apt title!

Roobafer is in Oxford, and so is Emma Watson. No crossover yet, though we live in hope, and Emma has reportedly brought security. Ruby has been a bit quiet on the content front, leading to speculation that all may not be sunshine and daisies in the land of “I’ve-wanted-to-go-to-AXEFUD-since-age-TWALVE”. We are eagerly awaiting for the Oxford Union yt channel to upload the clips from last week’s debate, in which cringily underdressed Miss Rootabaga failed to convince anyone that her influence as an influencer should not be regretted (I paraphrase).

• Heart
Reactions: 29
On the subject of Ruby’s mental health, vulnerability, etc, continuing from the last thread - I think it’s very possible she may have real mental health struggles, and it’s also true that Oxford does compound these for many of its students. It is an extremely challenging environment.

Where all this breaks down with Ruby is the inauthenticity of her content as a whole. I have no difficulty believing she may struggle - but I do find it hard to believe that anything she posts is “real”, as in free of some ulterior motive (whether that be direct financial gain or setting up an “arc” in self presentation). Sure, that may seem ungenerous of me as a reader/viewer - but it’s based on all the content of hers that I have consumed thus far. A doubt created by her alone. And as above, it doesn’t mean I think she has no internal life, nor that that life is free of all pain.

Reactions: 27
In lieu of actual content, Ruby's uploaded a 'day in the life' of an AWKSWFUD STYEEDENT who is studying...Adobe products and how best to advertise them on Instagram in exchange for money?

Untit9-0789060856777g - Copy.png

Ruby reveals that she's been incredibly lucky that Oxford University have adopted the same cataloguing system as Exeter University and Waterstones, so 99% of the books she needs and will JANUINELY read have been located on high shelves.

This is HONNASTLEEE not just something she keeps doing to appear small and child-like, HOW DAEEHR YEUUU.

image (13) c7opy - Copy.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
1699379433142.png
1699379505858.png

I got a whiplash from seeing these two images back to back. Who is making light of "mental health" here? Yes, this does not mean she is not struggling, etc. but, again, she is the one who is producing potentially harmful discourse around a very important topic, much like she did with bullying, introversion, and EDs.

Sure, that may seem ungenerous of me as a reader/viewer - but it’s based on all the content of hers that I have consumed thus far. A doubt created by her alone.
nah, the author/influencer is dead but not that dead! 🙃

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I'm watching her after freshers flu vlog and I'm so immature for laughing at this.
Capture.PNG

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We’ve had a lot of libraries and Prat, but what we haven’t had, which I was expecting from Miss-Autunununuol-is-my-favretest-season, is vlog footage of her frolicking round in Autumn leves in the college gardens and on the Oxford Streets. Where is the Autumn content from Miss-Autumn?

I thought she would be monetising /Making the most of that sort of content.

Reactions: 21
Screenshot (741).png

can't she make a single post without making a big, stupid mistake? and this for an AD! she's getting paid for this tit.

and and

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We’ve had a lot of libraries and Prat, but what we haven’t had, which I was expecting from Miss-Autunununuol-is-my-favretest-season, is vlog footage of her frolicking round in Autumn leves in the college gardens and on the Oxford Streets. Where is the Autumn content from Miss-Autumn?

Autominal Oxford at its most dark-academia-like? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On the topic of Ruby's mental health, a lot of people say that university was the best time of their life, but while I have enjoyed myself at university, it has definitely been challenging and very stressful. At the same time, Ruby did not have to work during her gap year. She chose to work and it was only part-time. She also got to go on many non-essential trips and do whatever she wanted without worrying about money. I'm pointing this out because she received her course reading and syllabus well before classes started (a luxury not afforded at most US universities might I add), and Ruby chose not to allocate the proper time and resources to prepare for her course. There's no guarantee that she would feel better if she had prepared, but it would certainly alleviate course-related stress.

Reactions: 27
Just going to backtrack for a minute. The whole, poor me, I'm having a bad mental health day, but! Let's go shopping! Yay! What a phony she is. First of all, I honestly don't understand people who go on social media and announce they are having a bad mental health day/week/month and then never actually say why or what is wrong. It is nothing but asking for a pity fest and I won't give it to you. It is the same as people who prefer things to be neat and tidy and claim they have OCD. Living with someone who actually has OCD, it is incredibly frustrating, expensive (goes through products like crazy) and angering when they refuse professional help when they need it. If she is down one minute and exalted the next because she bought books, she isn't depressed, she isn't have a bad day. She had a pity moment. A poor me, not everything is perfect moment. No one likes me, everyone is a bully. You can see how her mind is absolutely twisted in that she is right and everyone else in the world is wrong and after her. It is called being a Narcissist. She is egotistical. She may label it as having Social Anxiety due to being bullied by others, but she is full of pure crap. And buying books or anything else for that matter is momentary gratification. It doesn't solve any problems, at all.

She seems to be having a massive breakdown, imo. Slowly, but surely. Too many cards and presents from Mommy and family members for being only an hour away for such a short amount of time. She puts herself in ridiculous situations that she can't handle and then blames others for her personal failings, but she never admits her own faults. No friends, no one likes me, schoolwork is too hard, grades don't matter, Covid, flu, my team didn't win the debate, no one told me to dress up more formally, no one likes my multiple personalities and twirling in fields, my books aren't getting published, my grades aren't what I expected, I didn't get into Oxford for my undergrad, oh poor me, this and that, forever. As she gets older I am just seeing problem after problem piling up and not getting addressed, regardless of claims of going to therapy. She has been in and out for years now and I don't see any improvement in her, at all. Enjoy your pity fest on your own, Rubbish. I couldn't care less about your bad day, what books you ordered, what is or isn't going well for you. I seriously hate this woman so much. People like her need to be shoved into a warzone or forced to live in a 3rd world country to get a taste of reality, to get a major wakeup call on what hardship is really like and understand the world does not revolve around them.

This is not meant to reflect on nor aimed at people who actually have mental disabilities and challenges or dealing with honest hardships. My heart is with all of you and I wish you the very best. You deserve the very best. The work is hard, but you can do it and it is worthwhile, because you are worthwhile. But, as for Ruby, it is a staged game, egocentric, immature, flat out foolery. Never fall for her pity fest.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
She is playing with her money, just like other successful influencers do. In her case, it’s a vanity masters to soothe her wounded ego and create content opportunities (not to mention securing the Oxford brand in perpetuity - I’m sure this is a huge reason why she’s doing it), but it’s really no different to other, more typical influencers hanging about at fashion week or Cannes or Burning Man or wherever they want to be seen or think will be good for their brand. They have the money and they want the content. People who miss out on developing real goals in life because of early success in influencing have a hard time recalibrating to normal life - and most don’t want to. Fame is addictive, even low end fame.

Ruby could change her life if she wanted to, and work on figuring out who she really is… but the glaringly obvious first step would be to delete her social media and stop her influencer career. She won’t do that because she is greedy and wants the money/perks. She has proved that: the perfect opportunity for change was her gap year, and she didn’t take it. She’s committed to the grift indefinitely. It’s become who she is, and sadly she has no idea who she is without it.

Reactions: 20

Tbf the leaves are only just changing. They've stayed very green quite late th'year, probably that late burst of heat in September like.

Oxford has very localised pockets of green. Shall we start taking bets on where she'll go first? Christchurch meadow? Uni Parks? Will she go rogue and go to the Angel and Greyhound meadow, or parsons pleasure? Who knows.
---
She is playing with her money, just like other successful influencers do. In her case, it’s a vanity masters to soothe her wounded ego and create content opportunities (not to mention securing the Oxford brand in perpetuity - I’m sure this is a huge reason why she’s doing it), but it’s really no different to other, more typical influencers hanging about at fashion week or Cannes or Burning Man or wherever they want to be seen or think will be good for their brand. They have the money and they want the content. People who miss out on developing real goals in life because of early success in influencing have a hard time recalibrating to normal life - and most don’t want to. Fame is addictive, even low end fame.

Ruby could change her life if she wanted to, and work on figuring out who she really is… but the glaringly obvious first step would be to delete her social media and stop her influencer career. She won’t do that because she is greedy and wants the money/perks. She has proved that: the perfect opportunity for change was her gap year, and she didn’t take it. She’s committed to the grift indefinitely. It’s become who she is, and sadly she has no idea who she is without it.
I think this is it, really. She engages in her internet fame for reasons only truly known to herself, though probably it has something to do with validation for a persona she clings to but doesn't actually fulfill. It makes her money, and gets her fans. She gets to feel important.

But she has now faced an ultimate obstacle. Oxford isn't easy. Not at all. It's very challenging to ones sense of self, and for one whose sense of self is so fragile it can't be good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
On the subject of Ruby’s mental health, vulnerability, etc, continuing from the last thread - I think it’s very possible she may have real mental health struggles, and it’s also true that Oxford does compound these for many of its students. It is an extremely challenging environment.

Where all this breaks down with Ruby is the inauthenticity of her content as a whole. I have no difficulty believing she may struggle - but I do find it hard to believe that anything she posts is “real”, as in free of some ulterior motive (whether that be direct financial gain or setting up an “arc” in self presentation). Sure, that may seem ungenerous of me as a reader/viewer - but it’s based on all the content of hers that I have consumed thus far. A doubt created by her alone. And as above, it doesn’t mean I think she has no internal life, nor that that life is free of all pain.
No influencer posts 'real' content though, it's all an act to sell products and (usually, not much in Ruby's case) some sort of capitalism-friendly lifestyle. I think she would do better to get off social media entirely - it'd stop her seeking so much external validation and would let her be free to do whatever she wants, without the fear of "being found out" and having to cover up her fibs.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I'd actually like some honest content from her, I'd still watch Ruby cosied up with dark academia vibes doing her homework over all the Molly Mae and Married at First Sight rubbish 😂 She doesn't have to try too hard or fib, I'd still choose to watch!

Reactions: 10
IMG_0404.png
Nah why do her legs look tiny here xD

she looks like my cousin and she’s 12. The only difference between rubes and my cousin is my cousin is a better writer

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
It's giving Kiki's Delivery Service. All that's missing is a black cat and a broom.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 2558372Nah why do her legs look tiny here xD

she looks like my cousin and she’s 12. The only difference between rubes and my cousin is my cousin is a better writer
I see she is going back to her Victorian childhood mode again. She is trying to dress like Sarah Crewe in A Little Princess. She is probably rereading it for the umpteenth time. Sarah had to dress all in black, with black tights, a black ribbon and black coat when in mourning over the loss of her father. Just look for pics from the 1986 movie version. This is pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Google translate is notoriously bad for Latin, would not recommend to any budding classicists
Google translate is bad for any language. If you just need to understand context, you will be fine, but at the individual word level, google translate often confuses synonyms and uses the wrong tense or gender for words. It's good enough if you're translating a webpage or if you're trying to buy coffee in a country with a different native language, but if you're being graded on how well you know the language, google translate will probably earn you an 80% if you're lucky.

Reactions: 12
Google translate is bad for any language. If you just need to understand context, you will be fine, but at the individual word level, google translate often confuses synonyms and uses the wrong tense or gender for words. It's good enough if you're translating a webpage or if you're trying to buy coffee in a country with a different native language, but if you're being graded on how well you know the language, google translate will probably earn you an 80% if you're lucky.
It should also be yet another dead giveaway for the people who believe Ruby has any genuine interest in studying that her whole "oiy loff lahhrning syo moch" act is exactly that - an act.

She spends that entire time-lapse segment just copying her homework questions into Google Translate and getting the internet to do her translation work for her. This is not someone who is there for the joy of learning. This is someone who wants to shortcut her way through and get away with doing as little of her own work as possible and not learn anything in the process.

And that's just the latest example in a very long list. From what she's claimed, she's been studying Latin by herself for months and this homework was entirely optional. She clearly doesn't want to learn for herself and struggled to understand and translate even the second, basic assignment even with what she claimed was a year-long head start. She could've just not done it and it would've had no negative impact on her degree. But she just has to cheat to try for the extra credit and to pull an Erimentha and brag on YouTube that she was doing extra homework.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.