Ruby Granger #42 The Earnestness of Being Important

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @secretalphabets on a thread title as suggested by @Charlotte_Sometimes. You both win a Pret subscription and Oxford lanyard.

Ruby is at Oxford! She appeared to wander around the town at a super early time, didn't realise there are certain library books that are not for loan and ever the environmentalist, forgot to bring a keep cup with her, and will be buying a new one.

She then briefly met up with some fellow students, abandoned a pizza evening due to being an introvert, but has agreed to speak at an Oxford Union event.

Previous thread:

Reactions: 27
First week at Oxford entails:

A modern room with a tea kettle large enough to drown the entire college.
Buying tacky Oxford souvenirs, because living an hour away all her life and visiting Oxford never occurred to her.
Roaming empty streets, whispering, looking nervous and in awe of architecture.
Tries to borrow books from libraries, that have nothing to do with her masters, only to find out she can't. Not particularly educated, is she?
Spending all her time alone and scurrying away from every human being she comes across.
Drinking coffee, tea, tea, coffee, tea, tea, coffee, tea.... You get the idea.
Continues her predictable book reaching.
Sporting pictures of her favourite people in her room: immediate family and Blakeney, giving one claustrophobic vibes of non-existent social circles.
Attending Oxford only for the Dark Academia photo shoots. Proceeds to show us much of Oxford is a modern looking university and not an "aesthetic".
Clueless about her major, her focus, her subject, and avoiding, at all costs, to actual engage in said degree.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Her "library hopping" outfit would be nice if her clothes ACTUALLY FIT HER. Because without the jacket it's actually a really cute look to me until she ruins it with the jacket and the tote. The 'tie' looks like it's barely hanging on, what is that?

Reactions: 17
I think it's worth noting that Oxford specifically does have a slight tendency to shift applicants around when their original course is full / they're just off being good enough, especially with generic post-grad degrees. If you look at the English post-grad courses, there are three identical courses that cover portions of 1700-current day instead and I would bet money on Ruby having applied there first and then been told that they could instead consider her for her current course. It just doesn't make sense why she would apply for a time frame she has never shown remote interest in. One of my friends applied to study languages at Oxford and got offered medieval languages (Sanskrit I think) instead so it definitely happens.

It's still a major achievement of course, but it's not impossible that's what happened especially as it's one of the very profit-driven courses for the university so the competition is slightly lower. To my understanding, the other courses are more competitive so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to offered her an alternative.

Reactions: 28
It just doesn't make sense why she would apply for a time frame she has never shown remote interest in.
It makes perfect sense where Ruby's concerned; it doesn't really matter to her what she studies because she's not there to learn anything. She's there for the place, not the education, so she'd have applied for anything that she thought would give her better odds of acceptance and accept anything they offered.

She's purely there to shout from the rooftops that she's an Oxfwud Univaaarsitteeee steeyeeudant, because she believe it proves that she's in the upper echelon of academics now and has proven everyone wrong after being rejected before. It's why she's covered herself in Oxford merch to go wandering campus and the city centre holding stacks of books she'll never read for all to see, instead of actually doing necessary prep for her degree.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
lol she’s giving tips on how to give a good presentation over on tt. ”Pretend you’re someone else” and ”as long as you can keep calm, you’ll be fine, and it’s never as bad as you think it’s going.” There’s a storm coming, and it’s coming straight for lil miss Rootabaga 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Her grandma told her at the age of sixteen that when you're doing a public performance, just pretend you're someone else. She picked Emma Watson and hasn't stopped pretending since.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I am freaking DYING at the Oxford Union appearance. Oh Ruby. What have you done. Torn between delighted anticipation and genuinely feeling slightly worried for her—!

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Her grandma told her at the age of sixteen that when you're doing a public performance, just pretend you're someone else. She picked Emma Watson and hasn't stopped pretending since.
Hey I am from the previous thread. The peach comment and how she was messily eating one while reading CMBYN…..I think I held my head on my hands silently for about 5 mins. This level of ignorance might actually be bliss in life.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It makes perfect sense where Ruby's concerned; it doesn't really matter to her what she studies because she's not there to learn anything. She's there for the place, not the education, so she'd have applied for anything that she thought would give her better odds of acceptance and accept anything they offered.

She's purely there to shout from the rooftops that she's an Oxfwud Univaaarsitteeee steeyeeudant, because she believe it proves that she's in the upper echelon of academics now and has proven everyone wrong after being rejected before. It's why she's covered herself in Oxford merch to go wandering campus and the city centre holding stacks of books she'll never read for all to see, instead of actually doing necessary prep for her degree.
And let’s not forget Liz Truss went to Oxford!!!! Not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Reactions: 13
Screenshot_20231006_201152_com.instagram.android_edit_9810007962043196.jpg
Screenshot_20231007_110952_com.instagram.android_edit_9809984274420283.jpg

It's really getting a bit cringe how the only books she shows herself reading on instagram rn are the ~best quotes about Oxford~ and ~Oxford in poetry~ types... girl, you are starting your MSt in two days and you are wondering around cafés with cheesy quote selections and waxing poetic about the dreaming spires like you're here for a week of tourism 😬 (BUT she has a reusable cup now, guys! Wonder when new sheets will make the cut)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
View attachment 2495834View attachment 2495835

It's really getting a bit cringe how the only books she shows herself reading on instagram rn are the ~best quotes about Oxford~ and ~Oxford in poetry~ types... girl, you are starting your MSt in two days and you are wondering around cafés with cheesy quote selections and waxing poetic about the dreaming spires like you're here for a week of tourism 😬 (BUT she has a reusable cup now, guys! Wonder when new sheets will make the cut)
Probably not until she’s gifted some new ones and she *needs* to do it for an ad.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Wow I missed a lot in just two days lol What the crap is Rumbster going to say in a DEBATE??

"As 'Someone Famous and Dead' said," — eyebrows waggling and claws on full force, and Emma Watson's voice here — "Influencers are the best and the brightest of the society, which, unfortunately, tells us that we need to be extroverts. So yes, friends, for you are friends, I am the most special twelve year old who ever lived. Thank you for coming to my TED talk... I suppose."

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Screenshot_20231007_133550_com.instagram.android.jpg

1. How is she still gaining subscribers?
2. Why are 800k subs a bigger achievement to her than 1 mio. Subs?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Omg she is literally balding! And this is coming from someone from the big forehead squad, that can’t be normal or healthy.
Also as an English masters student (or whatever it is she does now) you would think she’d be able to form a sentence that doesn’t make it sound like she believes 800 000 is more than a million lol

• Sad
Reactions: 26
She’s gaining followers super slowly though, she was at 798k for several weeks 😂 So it must feel like an accomplishment to break through 800k at long last.

The receding hairline and fake freckles are reaching alarming (though hilarious) proportions.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.