Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone check her linkedin? this is what I found online, but i cant open her profile. " recycling bins into the Pre-Prep department and set up a school Holocaust Memorial. ".
Also, I think she went to a Holocaust museum a couple years ago
She's actually put that on her LinkedIn??? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She's now posted this on her Instagram stories
Screenshot_20210127-211917_Instagram.jpg
....trying to make it look like she's doing it all for free out of the goodness of her own heart, when in reality she was paid for at least one post and one story about it.....

Screenshot_20210127-211804_Instagram.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 6
She's now posted this on her Instagram storiesView attachment 406121....trying to make it look like she's doing it all for free out of the goodness of her own heart, when in reality she was paid for at least one post and one story about it.....

View attachment 406117
I genuinely find this deeply uncomfortable. If it was any other influencer a lot of people would be raging at them for doing this, but she will probs be let off the hook because she’s informed(to an extent) and educated about the holocaust, but imo its still performative and shady af, to never talk about the holocaust before and then suddenly start doing paid adds on it. I hope from this story where shes clearly trying to make out that shes not just doing paid ads, that shes had some people in her inbox calling it out today

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I genuinely find this deeply uncomfortable. If it was any other influencer a lot of people would be raging at them for doing this, but she will probs be let off the hook because she’s informed(to an extent) and educated about the holocaust, but imo its still performative and shady af, to never talk about the holocaust before and then suddenly start doing paid adds on it. I hope from this story where shes clearly trying to make out that shes not just doing paid ads, that shes had some people in her inbox calling it out today
It’s really weird and uncomfortable and I’ve lost a lot of respect for her. She’s money driven, a lot of the middle class are (not all) so any chance to get money no matter the consequence. She probably doesn’t even truly understand what’s wrong with accepting money for this - people died, the Holocaust was horrible and she’s making money off it then doing this dodgy damage control. She could learn a lot by visiting a concentration camp, I went to one as part of my degree and it was such a grounding experience and really made me think about these things differently, it made it all the more real.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s really weird and uncomfortable and I’ve lost a lot of respect for her. She’s money driven, a lot of the middle class are (not all) so any chance to get money no matter the consequence. She probably doesn’t even truly understand what’s wrong with accepting money for this - people died, the Holocaust was horrible and she’s making money off it then doing this dodgy damage control. She could learn a lot by visiting a concentration camp, I went to one as part of my degree and it was such a grounding experience and really made me think about these things differently, it made it all the more real.
Either she reads here or she was already bombarded with scolding DMs, but her past 5 stories (or however many) are all like “THIS ISNT AN AD! THIS ISNT SPONSORED! NOT AN AD I PROMISE!” 🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I can’t quite work out who has paid her? The more I think about this the worse it is - either some charity is paying influencers to post about Holocaust Memorial Day or her agency are soliciting posts for cash. Either way it’s just unpleasant, especially in this context.

Reactions: 14
100% it gives me a grim feeling, its not right.
Also not sure if this was mentioned before but shes getting some heat in the comments about comparing it to what is currently happening in China. What is everyones opinions on that?

Reactions: 5
This whole debacle has wound me up so much I've literally made an account just to comment here. The fact that a girl with so much money she became a landlord in her teens has accepted payment for a post about the holocaust is absolutely insane? I think a lot of Ruby's fans like to think of her as a quaint little girl sat in her bedroom making videos about reading and morning routines and they fail to see that she's the same as every other influencer, she's carefully controlled by her management and she's motivated by money. Beneath the weird Victorian porcelain doll persona is a grown woman looking to make her social media money while she can.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Ik this is so petty and out of nowhere but I really can't stand the music Ruby always plays in her videos it drives me NUTS... the weird covers and folksy style stuff lmao I guess it's just not my style but I almost wish she'd just stick to the same tchaikovsky tracks for every vid lmao . Also curious if she has the rights to use these songs lol not that I really care but wonder how she gets away without copyright strikes.. does she even mention the artists or song names ??

Reactions: 13
I can’t quite work out who has paid her? The more I think about this the worse it is - either some charity is paying influencers to post about Holocaust Memorial Day or her agency are soliciting posts for cash. Either way it’s just unpleasant, especially in this context.
Honestly an influencer with her following should post stuff for Holocaust Memorial Day on her own accord and encourage her followers to educate themselves and donate to charities. The fact that she did it as part of a paid ad is not great...to say the least.
She didn't read any books about the Holocaust in the last few days right? I don't have Instagram so I wouldn't know. In the video she posted today she mentioned briefly watching two interviews with Holocaust survivors but it was right at the end and very quick - I actually thought it was a little too quick, but anyway.

Reactions: 14
"Reinvesting" money into "holocaust education" and anti-bullying sounds like a roundabout way of saying she's going to use the money for her fees at Exeter and her videos. Why not just refuse the money and promote the cause, especially if the money is being offered by a charity? Otherwise, if you MUST take it for some reason, donate and post a receipt (or even just the name of the charity you gave to)? I'm honestly kind of disgusted and I don't get the whole "Oh I don't like to say where I donated unless asked because I'm so humble" act.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Also not sure if this was mentioned before but shes getting some heat in the comments about comparing it to what is currently happening in China. What is everyones opinions on that?
I actually don't mind that. I think it was right of her to mention the Uyghur in China. But anything more than that would be stepping into a political debate which isn't really the focus here anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just seen on Jack edwards story that he wasn’t paid for the Holocaust Memorial Day post, so I imagine ruby wasn’t either? I didn’t know they had to mark it as an ad if they weren’t paid but there you go
It was a paid ad for Jack and Ruby. That one specific story wasn't paid for though. The ad was Jack's original story.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Do they still need to disclose it as an AD if it's an unpaid collaboration? It's real bad form if she was simply paid to care/perform about this but if not, disclosing the collaboration as paid advertisement is just weird. I think Jack Edwards has a similar story and he says it's not an "ad"? I have no context though, if it is an ad, what are they even advertising? Weird way to handlr it afterwards as well.

Reactions: 3
I read the post and the comments and have done quite a bit of academic work looking at genocide but I'm also not Jewish so please feel free to correct me. I think doing a sponsored post overall for the Holocaust Remembrance Day is insensitive and leaves me feeling pretty gross but I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment. I think in general comparisons to the Holocaust aren't ever going to be accurate because of the specific time, context and actions that took place in regards to such a widespread and systemic attempt of the extermination of a religious group but in Ruby's case she seems to be specifically making a point in regards to the "never again" sentiment being used while the international community ignores other cases of widespread human suffering.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.