Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they still need to disclose it as an AD if it's an unpaid collaboration? It's real bad form if she was simply paid to care/perform about this but if not, disclosing the collaboration as paid advertisement is just weird. I think Jack Edwards has a similar story and he says it's not an "ad"? I have no context though, if it is an ad, what are they even advertising? Weird way to handlr it afterwards as well.
Both Jack and Ruby were paid.

The confusion has come from the fact Jack did an additional post (a book recommendation) that he was not paid for.

But both were paid for the original ADs.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Both Jack and Ruby were paid.

The confusion has come from the fact Jack did an additional post (a book recommendation) that he was not paid for.

But both were paid for the original ADs.
Thanks! In that case, I'm just very confused because surely one doesn't need cash in their account to acknowledge the Holocaust Memorial Day. Tacky af that they felt the need to charge for their "services" for that post.

Reactions: 15
Funny how she never addressed her accepting money off the government to do a hands, face, space ad but is going above and beyond to say she’s donating this ad money to charity 🤔

Reactions: 18
I read the post and the comments and have done quite a bit of academic work looking at genocide but I'm also not Jewish so please feel free to correct me. I think doing a sponsored post overall for the Holocaust Remembrance Day is insensitive and leaves me feeling pretty gross but I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment. I think in general comparisons to the Holocaust aren't ever going to be accurate because of the specific time, context and actions that took place in regards to such a widespread and systemic attempt of the extermination of a religious group but in Ruby's case she seems to be specifically making a point in regards to the "never again" sentiment being used while the international community ignores other cases of widespread human suffering.
I agree with you. I don’t think there’s necessarily anything wrong with mentioning other genocides (as long as it doesn’t distract from the nazi genocide, in this context) and I don’t know why that commenter on Ruby’s post singled out what’s happening in China (when she also mentioned Cambodia etc).
It just goes to show we haven’t learned the lessons of the past and those are simply examples of genocides, or attempted genocides, since.
I think perhaps people don’t understand fully the uyghiur situation in China (or don’t care) and what Ruby wrote was true, it’s happening right now.

If Holocaust charities want to branch out and spread the word via influencers fair enough in my mind, every charity has an advertising budget. Ruby and jack have young audiences who need to know about it and this could help. BUT should they have rejected payment and told the charity they would do it for free? I’d say yes 🙄 accepting money from a charity isn’t on in my mind. Even if it is for “reinvestment” 💩

Reactions: 11
Can someone check her linkedin? this is what I found online, but i cant open her profile. " recycling bins into the Pre-Prep department and set up a school Holocaust Memorial. ".
Also, I think she went to a Holocaust museum a couple years ago
Here's a snippet of her LinkedIn

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Ik this is so petty and out of nowhere but I really can't stand the music Ruby always plays in her videos it drives me NUTS... the weird covers and folksy style stuff lmao I guess it's just not my style but I almost wish she'd just stick to the same tchaikovsky tracks for every vid lmao . Also curious if she has the rights to use these songs lol not that I really care but wonder how she gets away without copyright strikes.. does she even mention the artists or song names ??
If she’s not mentioning the artist then it’s likely she’s using royalty-free music or she’s purchasing music licenses, they’re not necessarily that expensive. Her music choices aren’t great and I particularly dislike that god-awful slow-jazz MIDI version of ‘Greensleeves’ (or it might be ‘I saw three ships’, it’s so bad I don’t know) that she digs out every Christmas. It always surprises me that Ruby doesn’t seem to know more about music, you’d think some kind of instrumental lessons would be the kind of extra-curricular thing that her school and family encouraged.

Reactions: 5
I think this whole sponsorship is another Government thing. Having Googled, it looks like this comes from the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT), which ‘is the charity established and funded by the UK Government to promote and support Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK’. So it’s presumably come to Ruby through a similar route to the hands, face, space sponsorship.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
A 5 page resume?! I thought the standard was 1 page, unless it's an academic (PhD or postdoc level) CV or 10+ years of relevant work experience. And no bullet points to boot. And she writes a whole spiel about being head girl. Here, we're told to drop that sort of stuff off the resume after the first year of university (including high school grades etc.), but maybe it's different in other places?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
If she’s not mentioning the artist then it’s likely she’s using royalty-free music or she’s purchasing music licenses, they’re not necessarily that expensive. Her music choices aren’t great and I particularly dislike that god-awful slow-jazz MIDI version of ‘Greensleeves’ (or it might be ‘I saw three ships’, it’s so bad I don’t know) that she digs out every Christmas. It always surprises me that Ruby doesn’t seem to know more about music, you’d think some kind of instrumental lessons would be the kind of extra-curricular thing that her school and family encouraged.
Or that freaking Harry Potter song. I swear she's made me hate it.

Why, oh why is her resume so wordy? Half of that is useless and shouldn't be on there. Who needs to mention that they basically doodled on paper when planning out their next day's to-do list?
Funny that she doesn't want to state her school for privacy reasons. She has a youtube channel with thousands of viewers, but somehow a school she no longer attends is where she draws the line.
She mentions internships that lasted a few days only, has no one in her family helped her with this? I don't think anyone would genuinely hire her, the only asset she really has is her social media following.
(Sorry about the rant, I've been sending off resumes lately so it's extra annoying to see this right now).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
If Holocaust charities want to branch out and spread the word via influencers fair enough in my mind, every charity has an advertising budget. Ruby and jack have young audiences who need to know about it and this could help. BUT should they have rejected payment and told the charity they would do it for free? I’d say yes 🙄 accepting money from a charity isn’t on in my mind. Even if it is for “reinvestment” 💩
Hi everyone, long time follower of this incredible thread here and I had to make an account because this whole holocaust ad thing is so upsetting.

After poking around online (Because of course this is more vital that revising for my Friday exam) it seems that the event was organised by the holocaust education trust UK. Ruby mentions them on her LinkedIn, apparently she was part of their young ambassadors programme back when she was in school so maybe that is were the connection comes from. Judging from their website and twitter they seem quite huge : ambassadors programme, they organise a LOT of events, Their Twitter Posts are retweeted by literally everyone including Boris and the Cambridges, who participated in one of their recent online event. Ok, no problem here. As mentioned in the quote above, with which I agree, if they have the money to pay to raise awareness in multiple ways including influencers who can reach younger audiences, fair enough.
But it’s there that I resonate with a lot of previous posts : what is truly disturbing is that ruby would take the money to make this “ad”. When you look at Twitter posts related to the event she participated in, it was an event tailored at university students. A lot of people who participated and are communicating about it on Twitter are holocaust trust ambassadors. Surely they, contrarily to Ruby, are not paid to post about the event or holocaust Memorial Day. And surely ruby is not an ambassador anymore or we would have heard about it and she would list it as a current activity on Twitter. That, and the fact that she uses the word “reinvest :sick:“ (virgin island company owner daddy surely is proud that this is a word his dear offspring is so keen to use) to try to cover the fact that she actually said OK to be PAID to mention the HOLOCAUST on her page is just so disturbing and actually shows how she can go on and on about the importance of vocabulary and how she masters so many important big words and still act in such a tone deaf, money driven way. I honestly lost a lot of respect for her today. I know that no one is perfect and that she is trying to be a good person, but here I just see a money hungry influencer that just wants to add one more « successful paid partnership » to her list and build her money making brand.
Sorry it’s so long, hope this makes sense. Thank you for coming to my ted talk
(Also sorry for my English it’s not my first language)

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Why, oh why is her resume so wordy? Half of that is useless and shouldn't be on there. Who needs to mention that they basically doodled on paper when planning out their next day's to-do list?
Funny that she doesn't want to state her school for privacy reasons. She has a youtube channel with thousands of viewers, but somehow a school she no longer attends is where she draws the line.
She mentions internships that lasted a few days only, has no one in her family helped her with this? I don't think anyone would genuinely hire her, the only asset she really has is her social media following.
(Sorry about the rant, I've been sending off resumes lately so it's extra annoying to see this right now).
As someone her age it's pretty clear she has no idea what she's doing with her resume. Which I get, she's young and doesn't have a ton of work experience, but she'll never get that work experience if she doesn't clean up her CV lmao.

Reactions: 16
Omg, I don't even know where to begin with her fluffed up linkedin. Maybe I'll dissect it later, because resumes are a weird passion of mine. Honestly the disconnect between what she says she can do and her portfolio of what she's actually done is a red flag and would immediately put me off. I mean, she really wants someone to hire her for social media strategy when she's putting out tone deaf and quite frankly offensive ads (nhs handwashing and this whole holocaust thing. *cough* "reinvesting" *cough*)

The long resume is probably mimicking academic resumes, which are the only resumes that have to be long to be good : you are required to list every publication you published, classes you taught, seminars you led etc. The fact that she thought it was appropriate for her to have a resume that looks like this when she is not a professor let alone a PhD candidate is so embarrassingly out of touch with the reality of the work market. Also kind of resonates with the impression I got from her videos and how she talks about her uni work that she seems to struggle with being selective and synthetic with her writing? I might be wrong of course and writing synthetically is HARD for most people, including me, but dang ruby shorten that resume!!

I also wonder why on earth you would put the Harry-Potter-Society on there? I mean, I also don't get it completely, since the only groups I encountered at German universities are student counsils, political groups, religious or sport related. But I mean, as long as it's fun and people enjoy it - why not. But why would you put it on a resume? I also have a handcrafting circle with friends, but I wouldn't put it on my resume?!? Being an elected member of the student counsil I would add, or maybe sport teams if I want to highlight my leadership skills or team work experience. But again - the frigging Harry-Potter-Society?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Hi everyone, long time follower of this incredible thread here and I had to make an account because this whole holocaust ad thing is so upsetting.

After poking around online (Because of course this is more vital that revising for my Friday exam) it seems that the event was organised by the holocaust education trust UK. Ruby mentions them on her LinkedIn, apparently she was part of their young ambassadors programme back when she was in school so maybe that is were the connection comes from. Judging from their website and twitter they seem quite huge : ambassadors programme, they organise a LOT of events, Their Twitter Posts are retweeted by literally everyone including Boris and the Cambridges, who participated in one of their recent online event. Ok, no problem here. As mentioned in the quote above, with which I agree, if they have the money to pay to raise awareness in multiple ways including influencers who can reach younger audiences, fair enough.
But it’s there that I resonate with a lot of previous posts : what is truly disturbing is that ruby would take the money to make this “ad”. When you look at Twitter posts related to the event she participated in, it was an event tailored at university students. A lot of people who participated and are communicating about it on Twitter are holocaust trust ambassadors. Surely they, contrarily to Ruby, are not paid to post about the event or holocaust Memorial Day. And surely ruby is not an ambassador anymore or we would have heard about it and she would list it as a current activity on Twitter. That, and the fact that she uses the word “reinvest :sick:“ (virgin island company owner daddy surely is proud that this is a word his dear offspring is so keen to use) to try to cover the fact that she actually said OK to be PAID to mention the HOLOCAUST on her page is just so disturbing and actually shows how she can go on and on about the importance of vocabulary and how she masters so many important big words and still act in such a tone deaf, money driven way. I honestly lost a lot of respect for her today. I know that no one is perfect and that she is trying to be a good person, but here I just see a money hungry influencer that just wants to add one more « successful paid partnership » to her list and build her money making brand.
Sorry it’s so long, hope this makes sense. Thank you for coming to my ted talk
(Also sorry for my English it’s not my first language)
I agree with everything you said and good luck with your exam! (I am also bleeping around here instead of revising for my exam 😅)

Reactions: 5
As someone her age it's pretty clear she has no idea what she's doing with her resume. Which I get, she's young and doesn't have a ton of work experience, but she'll never get that work experience if she doesn't clean up her CV lmao.
Not to derail the conversation too much from the Holocaust post, but I just realized that this was a PDF export of her LinkedIn page, not a resume. Regardless, it's still a lot of disorganized words to put on LinkedIn and I can't imagine her resume faring much better. I'm sure her university offers career services and/or resume critique appointments/workshops. Heck, if I had the time I'd offer to fix it for her, but we all know she'd benefit more from a service job than some corporate gig at this point.

Reactions: 10
I also wonder why on earth you would put the Harry-Potter-Society on there? I mean, I also don't get it completely, since the only groups I encountered at German universities are student counsils, political groups, religious or sport related. But I mean, as long as it's fun and people enjoy it - why not. But why would you put it on a resume? I also have a handcrafting circle with friends, but I wouldn't put it on my resume?!?
The only “explanation“ I can see is that Harry Potter society is part of the ✨🧙‍♀️ Ruby GRANGER 🧙‍♀️✨ Brand??? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.