Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
righttt...
Ruby what are you doinggggg!
That's a sort of spontaneous moment that people sometimes do, close their eyes and feel the sun on their face. Without posting it online.
But setting up the camera, getting into position and writing a caption about it neutralises even the slightest impression of spontaneity this might have had.

Reactions: 5
A 5 page resume?! I thought the standard was 1 page, unless it's an academic (PhD or postdoc level) CV or 10+ years of relevant work experience. And no bullet points to boot. And she writes a whole spiel about being head girl. Here, we're told to drop that sort of stuff off the resume after the first year of university (including high school grades etc.), but maybe it's different in other places?
people usually do this kind of tit when they have no real work experience 🤣 especially the head girl thing...literally no one cares about that

Reactions: 21
people usually do this kind of tit when they have no real work experience 🤣 especially the head girl thing...literally no one cares about that
Maybe we're asking too much. Because of course no proper Victorian lady or gentlemen would ever *gasp* work! They're supposed to live off the spoils of generations of inherited wealth and systematic oppression! :rolleyes:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I find it so uncomfortable that she accepted money from the Holocaust Memorial Trust in the first place, regardless of whether she planned to "reinvest" or donate it back to the cause. Why take the money if you're going to ultimately give it back? Surely it would be better to promote the campaign for free, and then donate some of your own money to relevant charities etc. I just personally would never dream of accepting the money in the first place.

Reactions: 20
I've been thinking I should update my cv to include that I was a sixer in brownies it was over 20 years ago but its still important right

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I've been thinking I should update my cv to include that I was a sixer in brownies it was over 20 years ago but its still important right
Now that I think about it one time in 2016 I substituted for my class's representative at a teachers' meeting because she was sick, does that count?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ruby what are you doinggggg!
That's a sort of spontaneous moment that people sometimes do, close their eyes and feel the sun on their face. Without posting it online.
But setting up the camera, getting into position and writing a caption about it neutralises even the slightest impression of spontaneity this might have had.
Plus the fact you don’t really look at anything with your eyes closed ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The CV is awful, to most employers it just screams privileged rich girl with no life experience. It looks so different to mine. Its also so full of waffle, talking about ending world hunger on about 3 separate occasions is odd

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The CV is awful, to most employers it just screams privileged rich girl with no life experience. It looks so different to mine. Its also so full of waffle, talking about ending world hunger on about 3 separate occasions is odd
She's literally just advertising herself as a white savior. Lol.

Reactions: 36
She's literally just advertising herself as a white savior. Lol.
Exactly. I wouldn’t employ her, one of the only actual skills I picked out from that was her ability to edit videos and use photoshop. Other than that, nothing really stood out to me.

Reactions: 11
Exactly. I wouldn’t employ her, one of the only actual skills I picked out from that was her ability to edit videos and use photoshop. Other than that, nothing really stood out to me.
And once you watch a few videos of her it’s clear that she’s not even that amazing at editing!

Reactions: 16
And once you watch a few videos of her it’s clear that she’s not even that amazing at editing!
It's actually kind of amazing that after years of doing Youtube she's still not that good at it. Like she's improved, obviously, but she still talks over herself all the time haha

Reactions: 23
It's actually kind of amazing that after years of doing Youtube she's still not that good at it. Like she's improved, obviously, but she still talks over herself all the time haha
Or has the music so loud you can't hear what she's saying 😭

Reactions: 12
I was once a helping hand in 2009!
I won a competition in primary school for a project about badgers. I realise now that leaving it off my CV for all of these years has been a huge mistake, I’m off to rectify that right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Ruby strikes me as someone who isn’t malicious, but self-righteous and honestly quite self-centred. It’s gross, and her weird “reinvest” wording is definitely dodgy af, but I can see her feeling justified in accepting money for the Holocaust awareness ad as a former youth ambassador for the charity, if that makes sense. Or even just as an “influencer”. I agree that her link to the charity is more likely through the UK Gov who paid her for the NHS ad. I wonder if she’s gone on the charity’s trips — the charity would cover the cost of flights and a tour of Auschwitz, so that the one day trip ended up costing £40. I attended one of these trips and the mandatory pre- and post-seminars and it was one of the most significant things I’ve ever done. Reading about the Holocaust is nothing like hearing a survivor speak or standing in the camp itself.

Anyway, I don’t think it would have occurred to her at all that she could have turned down the money and still done the post, if the event was even on her radar. Lbr, girl sits in her room sTuDyInG all day. She just seems to have no self-awareness at all and this reinvest bullshit just reeks of “I just wanted to be humble guys and not disclose my ad but don’t worry the money will go back to a good cause” - where’s the proof? Why not share the charity name? She’s so weird that sometimes it’s just damn shady. Does it not occur to her that accepting money to promote gov guidelines and then more money to promote a day if remembrance just allow her to profit off of tragedies and how despicable that is? If she really recognised that she’d have just done the promo of her own accord, but clearly she’s in it for the coin. She doesn’t strike me as having much EQ, or any common sense, but there we are.

I would be very curious how much she got paid for both ads, how much she’s earned from Erimenthia (can’t spell), and about her net worth generally. How much do we reckon?

(Sorry for the rambling!)

I won a competition in primary school for a project about badgers. I realise now that leaving it off my CV for all of these years has been a huge mistake, I’m off to rectify that right now.
I once won a Savills draw your dream home competition in Year 4. Won a hat and a T-shirt and everything — best whack it on there just in case 🧐

Reactions: 23
Ruby strikes me as someone who isn’t malicious, but self-righteous and honestly quite self-centred. It’s gross, and her weird “reinvest” wording is definitely dodgy af, but I can see her feeling justified in accepting money for the Holocaust awareness ad as a former youth ambassador for the charity, if that makes sense. Or even just as an “influencer”. I agree that her link to the charity is more likely through the UK Gov who paid her for the NHS ad. I wonder if she’s gone on the charity’s trips — the charity would cover the cost of flights and a tour of Auschwitz, so that the one day trip ended up costing £40. I attended one of these trips and the mandatory pre- and post-seminars and it was one of the most significant things I’ve ever done. Reading about the Holocaust is nothing like hearing a survivor speak or standing in the camp itself.

Anyway, I don’t think it would have occurred to her at all that she could have turned down the money and still done the post, if the event was even on her radar. Lbr, girl sits in her room sTuDyInG all day. She just seems to have no self-awareness at all and this reinvest bullshit just reeks of “I just wanted to be humble guys and not disclose my ad but don’t worry the money will go back to a good cause” - where’s the proof? Why not share the charity name? She’s so weird that sometimes it’s just damn shady. Does it not occur to her that accepting money to promote gov guidelines and then more money to promote a day if remembrance just allow her to profit off of tragedies and how despicable that is? If she really recognised that she’d have just done the promo of her own accord, but clearly she’s in it for the coin. She doesn’t strike me as having much EQ, or any common sense, but there we are.

I would be very curious how much she got paid for both ads, how much she’s earned from Erimenthia (can’t spell), and about her net worth generally. How much do we reckon?

(Sorry for the rambling!)

I once won a Savills draw your dream home competition in Year 4. Won a hat and a T-shirt and everything — best whack it on there just in case 🧐
I also was part of the youth ambassador scheme and did the same as what you did. The whole trip is one I will never forget, to this day I can still feel how chilling it was to be stood there and quite honestly I find it hard to put into words the experience. Plus getting to hear the testimony of an actual survivor was just (for want of a ‘better’ word) incredible. One memory that sticks out for me was walking through the camp and walking past a lady getting her picture taken. She was posing for the camera, throwing up a peace sign and smiling. Whilst I’m sure she had no ill intentions, I was just absolutely disgusted. How could she stand there and even just get a picture taken of herself, almost trivialising the camp and the history and the SUFFERING that went on there, how could you be smiling about that?? But anyways, I can totally imagine these ‘influencers’ doing this. Especially Ruby and Jade, I can see them getting “sombre” pictures of themselves looking sadly at the sky or smth taken inside the camp just to post on social media to “”bring awareness””. During my visit I did take pictures of the camp itself (and a graveyard we visited in the nearby town of Oświęcim) but that was purely for the sake of my follow up project presentation, so I could share my own personal reflections from my point of view). If it weren’t for that I probably wouldn’t have taken photos at all. I realise I am going off topic here but yeah, I just feel like people like Ruby would use a visit to Auschwitz or other camps as a social media opportunity :/

Reactions: 16
I also was part of the youth ambassador scheme and did the same as what you did. The whole trip is one I will never forget, to this day I can still feel how chilling it was to be stood there and quite honestly I find it hard to put into words the experience. Plus getting to hear the testimony of an actual survivor was just (for want of a ‘better’ word) incredible. One memory that sticks out for me was walking through the camp and walking past a lady getting her picture taken. She was posing for the camera, throwing up a peace sign and smiling. Whilst I’m sure she had no ill intentions, I was just absolutely disgusted. How could she stand there and even just get a picture taken of herself, almost trivialising the camp and the history and the SUFFERING that went on there, how could you be smiling about that?? But anyways, I can totally imagine these ‘influencers’ doing this. Especially Ruby and Jade, I can see them getting “sombre” pictures of themselves looking sadly at the sky or smth taken inside the camp just to post on social media to “”bring awareness””. During my visit I did take pictures of the camp itself (and a graveyard we visited in the nearby town of Oświęcim) but that was purely for the sake of my follow up project presentation, so I could share my own personal reflections from my point of view). If it weren’t for that I probably wouldn’t have taken photos at all. I realise I am going off topic here but yeah, I just feel like people like Ruby would use a visit to Auschwitz or other camps as a social media opportunity :/
I'm genuinely surprised in Jade's time living in Berlin we never got moody pictures of her at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. The two of them don't seem to have any real cultural awareness or understanding of how their privilege comes across.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.