Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It drives me mad how Ruby describes books in a long-winded way without actually SAYING anything about it.

"It articulates not just moments but feelings". E V E R Y book does that?? That's the bare minimum???

"It somehow transcends everything at the same time" - HOW?
Yes! All those nothing words, ”interweaving” (what? With what?). It’s like she’s trying to say things beyond ”twas good i liked it” but the substance is just not there, so she pulls out some kind of a dictionary of artistic buzz words, closes her eyes and points.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Yet another case of Ruby needlessly changing outfits multiple times in a day! Stop creating so much washing for your poor mother (who isn't your Victorian maid irl) and wear one outfit a day!

I wasn’t bothered by the outfit in the snow, I was baffled by the XL collar she had on at the end though

Oliver Cromwell type beat
Well, we all know how much Erimentha Parker loves our boy Oliver Cromwell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! All those nothing words, ”interweaving” (what? With what?). It’s like she’s trying to say things beyond ”twas good i liked it” but the substance is just not there, so she pulls out some kind of a dictionary of artistic buzz words, closes her eyes and points.
I thought so too, it sounded very flowery but very empty in meaning. Kinda like when you need to reach a word limit and you try to pad it out as much as you can lmao

Reactions: 9
I don't think she has donated the money... I think she has been very careful with her word choice there when she says "reinvested" - I think she's keeping it but will mentally earmark it as going towards production of content about the holocaust or whatever. I think she will justify spending it on reading material about the holocaust so that she can then 'educate" her followers about it. If she had donated it to a charity, she would have written donated... I think she's been sly here

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I have to say I feel a bit queasy about her being paid to talk about Holocaust Remembrance Day. It would strike me as something that you’d do unpaid if a relevant charity asked you - it’s not like Ruby needs the money, whether she’s ‘reinvested‘ it or not. Also it’s not like she wouldn’t be unaware of it, given that one of her current modules is about Holocaust remembrance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
She sounds like a parody 😂😂 it's clear that she doesn't know how to talk intelligently about books and tries to overcompensate by using pointless words.

Reactions: 9
I have to say I feel a bit queasy about her being paid to talk about Holocaust Remembrance Day. It would strike me as something that you’d do unpaid if a relevant charity asked you - it’s not like Ruby needs the money, whether she’s ‘reinvested‘ it or not. Also it’s not like she wouldn’t be unaware of it, given that one of her current modules is about Holocaust remembrance.
She should not have accepted the money in the first place, unless she posts proof of how much they gave her and proof of her donating that amount where she said she would, people are always going to be like hmmmm..

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I can't believe she took payment for that ad, especially considering Jack posted pretty much the same thing and made a point out of not being paid for it.

I don't think she has donated the money... I think she has been very careful with her word choice there when she says "reinvested" - I think she's keeping it but will mentally earmark it as going towards production of content about the holocaust or whatever. I think she will justify spending it on reading material about the holocaust so that she can then 'educate" her followers about it. If she had donated it to a charity, she would have written donated... I think she's been sly here
I also thought her wording was odd, why not just say she donated it? Ruby would have access to lots of scholarship about the holocaust anyway through her university.

Reactions: 15
Wow, I personally think disgusting to accept money for something like that. I don't care if she's 'reinvesting' the money back into holocaust education and anti bullying, she could raise awareness of this 8pm candle lighting without accepting money at all. Also, love the fact she wasn't going to say anything initially

Yeah, this ^^
I’m catching up on the thread so apologies if someone has already said this, but I also find it strange that (especially out of her and Jack) that she’s getting paid since initially, and especially in her videos, it seemed like a progression on from her Holocaust module at uni. I understand she’s interested in a topic so it makes sense do so as much as you can but just within the discussion of disclosing ads etc the thin line was really curious

Reactions: 5
WHY would she place the holocaust and bullying in the same sentence??
A genocide isn't comparable to people making fun of you because you acted stuck up and b*tchy in school!
I think all that cold weather is freezing her neurones, because I refuse to believe she's always been this stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
A genocide isn't comparable to people making fun of you because you acted stuck up and b*tchy in school!
I think all that cold weather is freezing her neurones, because I refuse to believe she's always been this stupid.
I agree, it's disgusting. Her overall behaviour is disgusting imo and the payment thing is very fishy. I really do wonder if the money will be actually "reinvested" (wtf) and whether she would have even mentioned that if she didn't read this thread.

Reactions: 30
Ughh I didn’t even read that part, that is genuinely offensive

I hadn't thought of that. Gross. I really hope she would at least have the decency to donate the money.
The whole thing is really weird. Why would the organizers of this event pay Ruby to advertise it? It's just lighting a candle on your windowsill. That sort of thing usually just gets passed around through word of mouth on social media. Kinda like the initiatives for healthcare workers last year or whatever. I'm not undermining the importance of the gesture itself and it's a really nice thing but it's not the kind of thing that would require paid advertisement you know?

Does she know that other music exists other than (is it the sugar plum fairy) like it’s in ever video.....

Ruby had very ravenclaw gloves on in the video.... that’s not very Hermione is it 😄🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Theres something really odd about this whole ad thing, why doesn’t she follow the holocaust memorial day trust insta or tag it in any of the posts shes doing if they’re paying her? Its really weird

Reactions: 15
Imagine donating money to charity only to realize that it was used to pay off some twit like Ruby for advertising🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Theres something really odd about this whole ad thing, why doesn’t she follow the holocaust memorial day trust insta or tag it in any of the posts shes doing if they’re paying her? Its really weird
I get the impression that Ruby’s agency are on something of a positive PR drive for their talent at the moment. Feels a bit like they’ve got themselves a slightly clueless intern who’s looking out for ‘good’ things for their talent to be involved in.

Imagine donating money to charity only to realize that it was used to pay off some twit like Ruby for advertising🙃🙃🙃
Taking money to promote a charity is tacky. You either promote them for free because it’s a cause you care about or you don’t get involved, IMO. Being paid to pretend to care is just a bit crappy.

Reactions: 19
Is there any evidence that she's been marking holocaust memorial day in previous years?? If not, it seems even more obvious that she's only in this for the money.

Reactions: 8
Is there any evidence that she's been marking holocaust memorial day in previous years?? If not, it seems even more obvious that she's only in this for the money.
Can someone check her linkedin? this is what I found online, but i cant open her profile. " recycling bins into the Pre-Prep department and set up a school Holocaust Memorial. ".
Also, I think she went to a Holocaust museum a couple years ago

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.