Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i remembered earlier something ruby said and i hope someone else can help pinpoint which video, BUT........ ruby said whe has paracetamol in her bag just in case someone else needs it, because she doesn’t like taking paracetamol and prefers to not take it if she needs it?? and i was like “is this a weird christian thing” because it struck me as so odd. like, it’s paracetamol, not benzodiazepines??? you won’t get an opiate reaction from some panadol if you’re on your period. JUST TAKE THE DAMN PAINKILLER RUBY STOP TRYING TO PRETEND YOU’RE SPECIAL FOR MAKING “REFUSING TO TAKE PARACETAMOL“ A CHARACTER TRAIT

sorry it’s just been bouncing around my brain like a dvd screensaver as i did my own uni work today 🙃🙃🙃
It was in one of her ‘what’s in my school/uni bag’ videos* - it was a school one, I think. Tbh, I don’t see this as that weird, some people don’t like taking medication. My partner is similar, I practically have to hold him down like you would a cat to get him to take a headache tablet.

*Knowing this makes me sound stalker-y, and I feel a need to clarify that I‘m not, I remember useless stuff only because it pushes to useful stuff out of my brain. I can’t remember my own mobile number but I can remember crap like this.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
i remembered earlier something ruby said and i hope someone else can help pinpoint which video, BUT........ ruby said whe has paracetamol in her bag just in case someone else needs it, because she doesn’t like taking paracetamol and prefers to not take it if she needs it?? and i was like “is this a weird christian thing” because it struck me as so odd. like, it’s paracetamol, not benzodiazepines??? you won’t get an opiate reaction from some panadol if you’re on your period. JUST TAKE THE DAMN PAINKILLER RUBY STOP TRYING TO PRETEND YOU’RE SPECIAL FOR MAKING “REFUSING TO TAKE PARACETAMOL“ A CHARACTER TRAIT

sorry it’s just been bouncing around my brain like a dvd screensaver as i did my own uni work today 🙃🙃🙃
Suppose she wouldn’t want anything by calpol at this point based on her actions of the age she thinks she is

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Suppose she wouldn’t want anything by calpol at this point based on her actions of the age she thinks she is
erimentha of course would refuse calpol and lecture her parents on holistic child-friendly homeopathic remedies instead, like aromatherapy. or erimentha would prefer buttercup syrup, to build her character 🤢🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 15
erimentha of course would refuse calpol and lecture her parents on holistic child-friendly homeopathic remedies instead, like aromatherapy. or erimentha would prefer buttercup syrup, to build her character 🤢🤢🤢
Were she not vegan, I could see Erimentha insisting in a daily spoonful of cod-liver oil. Double dose for Nathan 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Nothing wrong with choosing not to take a paracetamol. But putting in an effort to make yourself look both "very caring" and nOt Like OtHers makes you an insufferable twit

Reactions: 10

I do this 😂😂😂 can confirm it’s not a Christian thing. Though I would take one if I was out and about, I generally try not to if I can help it (E.g. if I know it’s cos I’m dehydrated or if I’m about to go to bed and sleep it off). I do keep them in my bag for myself though.

(I just realised I thought of that in past tense because the concept of spending the day out of home and getting a headache is no longer a reality 😫)

Reactions: 7
I do this 😂😂😂 can confirm it’s not a Christian thing. Though I would take one if I was out and about, I generally try not to if I can help it (E.g. if I know it’s cos I’m dehydrated or if I’m about to go to bed and sleep it off). I do keep them in my bag for myself though.

(I just realised I thought of that in past tense because the concept of spending the day out of home and getting a headache is no longer a reality 😫)
i didn’t mean for it to sound like a dig! i’ve just personally never met anyone who refuses pain on a moral basis, and i assumed ruby had a strict christian background because of the way she is sometimes 👀

Reactions: 2
i didn’t mean for it to sound like a dig! i’ve just personally never met anyone who refuses pain on a moral basis, and i assumed ruby had a strict christian background because of the way she is sometimes 👀
oh don’t worry I didn’t take it as a dig☺

Reactions: 1
A discussion on a public person's sexuality is, of course, still morally dubious. However, it is absolutely clear that in Ruby's case it seems extra wrong because of the childish persona that she puts up. Which is 100% the exact fetish for really dangerous individuals who - without a single doubt - flock to her channel like moths to a flame.

I absolutely love how a young boy was labeled as the dunce because he preferred the lego store over stolen statues lmao.
The funniest part is that according to stereotypes, Legos are very much a nerd thing? When I think of Nathan, I think of Ferb from Phineas and Ferb 😅

Edit: Just realized someone said essentially the same thing above. Soz.

Reactions: 12
A discussion on a public person's sexuality is, of course, still morally dubious. However, it is absolutely clear that in Ruby's case it seems extra wrong because of the childish persona that she puts up. Which is 100% the exact fetish for really dangerous individuals who - without a single doubt - flock to her channel like moths to a flame.
Yeah. That’s true. I’m not anything like Ruby and I still was preyed on by a sick duck with weird fetishes like that, and it’s scarred me since. I left that relationship a long time ago and it still haunts me sometimes. Hopefully Ruby will never come across someone like that. With her childlike persona, things could go very, very wrong.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

I used to be like this when I was a younger teenager because I thought, "what if I rely too heavily on it and it doesn't work when I need it?" but I used to get dreadful headaches and pain obviously help. So my dad said "stfu and take a paracetamol" and I realised how stupid I was being. There's a difference between taking pain when you need them and having an addiction to pain.

Did they have paracetamol in the victorian era I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I used to be like this when I was a younger teenager because I thought, "what if I rely too heavily on it and it doesn't work when I need it?" but I used to get dreadful headaches and pain obviously help. So my dad said "stfu and take a paracetamol" and I realised how stupid I was being. There's a difference between taking pain when you need them and having an addiction to pain.

Did they have paracetamol in the victorian era I wonder?
maybe she'd be willing to chew on willow bark then for the cottage core Victorian aesthetics??

• Haha
Reactions: 13
i think her dislike of romance in books has more to do with her hatred of lip gloss and glitter and other “girly” things that she considers below her intelligence and less to do with her sexuality.
Yes I agree, I think she has some internalised misogyny there (although she's got better with this). Also, OT but is your username a Glass Animals reference?!

New video! Romping in the snow awkwardly, they now have a drone, and Blakeney is also taking the Victorian class so they study together (ngl this makes me happy, at least she has someone outside of her family and her make-believe Victorian bubble).

Reactions: 12
I’m sorry but wtf kinda name is Blakeney😣 Sounds like some Christian Texan name🤣

Also the whole snow boots and just in general over dressing? Yes it’s cold but you’ll heat up, you’re in England not in Antarctica calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.