Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she would just address it. I know it’s difficult but she can really use her platform to help others. Just saying “I was bullied” makes me a little suspicious, Ruby’s perception of things is fascinating like the people talking outside her window and she was raging...
In which video was she doing that?

i think her dislike of romance in books has more to do with her hatred of lip gloss and glitter and other “girly” things that she considers below her intelligence and less to do with her sexuality.

i personally wasn’t particularly interested or didn’t see myself in a relationship until my early twenties, when i met someone i genuinely wanted to be in a relationship with, and it was annoying to me when people suggested there were other reasons why i was single, as if there was something “wrong” with me, which is why i’m not a fan of speculating about her sexuality

Reactions: 27
Usual comments apply. Just as a wee warning, if you didn't already know, the parent's favouritism between the siblings may be difficult for some here as the book continues. We don't know what the real dynamic is at home between Ruby and Martha, but I'm guessing the inspiration had to come from somewhere.

The volcano gives a bomb-ass performance and looks really good. Erimentha and Simone draw some diagrams and write a conclusion together about it, but once Simone leaves, in an act of scholastic infidelity, Erimentha spends two hours writing an essay about it to bulk out the work.

She does some room rearranging, organises her candles, fairly inoffensive stuff that you'd see on a Cottagecore StudyTuber's video. Mum comes into her room and they talk about the time they visited the British museum. Mum reminds Erimentha that the other museum curators were impressed at Erimentha lecturing them on their subjects of expertise, and how other children were complaining how bored they were.

By other children, they mean Nathan. They had to promise him a trip to the Lego store, and they laugh together at his silliness. Nathan - you are kind, you are loved, you matter!
Am I the only one who didn't make a volcano at school or am I missing out on a formative science experience

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Am I the only one who didn't make a volcano at school or am I missing out on a formative science experience
I honestly think it's either her low key glamourising the US (it's often used in tv shows when kids have a science project) or it might just be a private school thing

Reactions: 5
i personally wasn’t particularly interested or didn’t see myself in a relationship until my early twenties, when i met someone i genuinely wanted to be in a relationship with, and it was annoying to me when people suggested there were other reasons why i was single, as if there was something “wrong” with me, which is why i’m not a fan of speculating about her sexuality
I'm the same, I'm in my late twenties (god when did that happen) and I didn't want a relationship before now because I didn't love myself enough to be open to being with someone else. I had to be happy single before I was happy looking for a partner. Doesn't mean anything that she doesn't show romantic or sexual relationships to her audience and if she's not pursuing them that's ok too.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Honestly, it’s totally normal to not be boy crazy or whatever at a youngish age. And it’s perfectly ok to be totally happy being with yourself and focusing on yourself. We can drag Ruby for many things, but I really don’t think we can drag her for that.
Remember we only see curated snippets of all these people’s lives and only see what they want to show us. What they don’t show us is probably really none of our business. Just because someone has an online presence, it doesn’t mean we are allowed unrestricted access to everything. What next, how many bowel movements she has a day?

Reactions: 17
Usual comments apply. Just as a wee warning, if you didn't already know, the parent's favouritism between the siblings may be difficult for some here as the book continues. We don't know what the real dynamic is at home between Ruby and Martha, but I'm guessing the inspiration had to come from somewhere.

The volcano gives a bomb-ass performance and looks really good. Erimentha and Simone draw some diagrams and write a conclusion together about it, but once Simone leaves, in an act of scholastic infidelity, Erimentha spends two hours writing an essay about it to bulk out the work.

She does some room rearranging, organises her candles, fairly inoffensive stuff that you'd see on a Cottagecore StudyTuber's video. Mum comes into her room and they talk about the time they visited the British museum. Mum reminds Erimentha that the other museum curators were impressed at Erimentha lecturing them on their subjects of expertise, and how other children were complaining how bored they were.

By other children, they mean Nathan. They had to promise him a trip to the Lego store, and they laugh together at his silliness. Nathan - you are kind, you are loved, you matter!
I absolutely love how a young boy was labeled as the dunce because he preferred the lego store over stolen statues lmao. I love me a good museum but Ruby's take on silliness is sending me. Hope there is an NGO out there to save Nathan from an adolescence in this house.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I agree with a lot of what people are saying about speculating about Ruby's sexuality. I definitely think some of her views about relationships in the past (eg. wishing Hermione ended up alone) are problematic, and of course if she's making her viewers think the same then that's not good. But it's entirely her choice whether or not she shares information about relationships with her viewers, I have no issue if she doesn't - same way I have no issue with celebrities not discussing their private lives in interviews, if she wants to keep it to herself then I totally respect that. I'm curious, but that's just because I'm incredibly nosy, not because I think I have a right to know 😂 Also, I fully believe that Ruby shouldn't read this page, and that we shouldn't change what we discuss because we know she does, but I have to say I'd feel very uncomfortable discussing her sexuality knowing she'll probably see it. If she is struggling with her sexuality in any way, I wouldn't want to pressure her into feeling that she has to define it for her viewers, because nobody should have to define their sexuality if they don't want to full stop. Coming out can be tough as it is, I wouldn't want to make it tougher by making her feel like she had to talk about it publicly. Obvs it would be ideal if she didn't read this, but given it's obvious she does, I personally would see these sorts of discussions as crossing a line.

Tag yourself I'm Nathan
God what a mood. The more I hear about Erimentha, the more I feel sorry for Martha. I never really had much time for her behaviour, but honestly I'm starting to get why she acts out the way she does, it must have been really awful growing up with Ruby, if this is how Ruby genuinely viewed/treated her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Given how rigid Ruby is, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was a bit of a nightmare as a sister, especially since Martha absolutely doesn’t seem like a study-two-shoes.

Didn’t Martha get Ruby a lamp once as a present, and Ruby said she didn’t need it so was going to donate it or something along those lines? I’d be devastated if I gave a thoughtful gift like that to my sister who studied by bloody candlelight, only to have her announce online that she didn’t want it.

I’m sure they’re both spoiled, but that was pretty mean of Ruby.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I mixed vinegar and bicarb at home and pretended it was a volcano but I sure as heck didn’t get to use dry ice. I think the limit was some red food colouring, and I thought I was so cool.

Reactions: 8
I absolutely love how a young boy was labeled as the dunce because he preferred the lego store over stolen statues lmao. I love me a good museum but Ruby's take on silliness is sending me. Hope there is an NGO out there to save Nathan from an adolescence in this house omg.
Yet she forgets Lego is the reason so many STEM subjects are dominated by men.... because they learn skills earlier and are encouraged more than girls to engage in these skills......

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Given how rigid Ruby is, I wouldn’t be surprised if she was a bit of a nightmare as a sister, especially since Martha absolutely doesn’t seem like a study-two-shoes.

Didn’t Martha get Ruby a lamp once as a present, and Ruby said she didn’t need it so was going to donate it or something along those lines? I’d be devastated if I gave a thoughtful gift like that to my sister who studied by bloody candlelight, only to have her announce online that she didn’t want it.

I’m sure they’re both spoiled, but that was pretty mean of Ruby.
I know right? I still have a scrunchie my sister gave me 10 years ago even though the elastic is dead.
How hard is it to find a spot for a bloody lamp? Surely it's always useful in some way?

Reactions: 15
I know right? I still have a scrunchie my sister gave me 10 years ago even though the elastic is dead.
How hard is it to find a spot for a bloody lamp? Surely it's always useful in some way?
And considering the piles of useless stationery Ruby has you'd think she'd be able to find somewhere to put a lamp even though she has another one. Like she's not exactly the minimalist type that only keeps what's strictly necessary. She has three Kankens in different colors and was overjoyed when her parents got her a picnic basket although she already owned one. If I were Martha I'd be offended lmao

Reactions: 14
i remembered earlier something ruby said and i hope someone else can help pinpoint which video, BUT........ ruby said whe has paracetamol in her bag just in case someone else needs it, because she doesn’t like taking paracetamol and prefers to not take it if she needs it?? and i was like “is this a weird christian thing” because it struck me as so odd. like, it’s paracetamol, not benzodiazepines??? you won’t get an opiate reaction from some panadol if you’re on your period. JUST TAKE THE DAMN PAINKILLER RUBY STOP TRYING TO PRETEND YOU’RE SPECIAL FOR MAKING “REFUSING TO TAKE PARACETAMOL“ A CHARACTER TRAIT

sorry it’s just been bouncing around my brain like a dvd screensaver as i did my own uni work today 🙃🙃🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I mean she does have that house she bought, she could have least put it there

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Her and her sister have a REALLY weird dynamic, so I’m sure the lamp thing was power play on Ruby’s part, rather than her actually “not needing” the lamp.

Reactions: 11
i remembered earlier something ruby said and i hope someone else can help pinpoint which video, BUT........ ruby said whe has paracetamol in her bag just in case someone else needs it, because she doesn’t like taking paracetamol and prefers to not take it if she needs it?? and i was like “is this a weird christian thing” because it struck me as so odd. like, it’s paracetamol, not benzodiazepines??? you won’t get an opiate reaction from some panadol if you’re on your period. JUST TAKE THE DAMN PAINKILLER RUBY STOP TRYING TO PRETEND YOU’RE SPECIAL FOR MAKING “REFUSING TO TAKE PARACETAMOL“ A CHARACTER TRAIT

sorry it’s just been bouncing around my brain like a dvd screensaver as i did my own uni work today 🙃🙃🙃
ive known people like this before, it infuriates me too 😂 especially when they then complain when they have a headache or period pains and refuse to take anything
people have said to me before that it’s because they don’t want to build a tolerance...which isn’t how pain work.
or they’re those preachy all-natural vegans who don’t want anything “non-natural” put in their bodies

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I honestly think it's either her low key glamourising the US (it's often used in tv shows when kids have a science project) or it might just be a private school thing
Not a private school kid and made a volcano! Depends on your teacher really and if they can be bothered doing something like that, however we made them in class not as a take home project? We did have a similar project in History where we made castles out of whatever we wanted, ours was made of cake and chocolate fingers :')

Reactions: 1
ive known people like this before, it infuriates me too 😂 especially when they then complain when they have a headache or period pains and refuse to take anything
people have said to me before that it’s because they don’t want to build a tolerance...which isn’t how pain work.
or they’re those preachy all-natural vegans who don’t want anything “non-natural” put in their bodies
My roommate is like this and it's so dumb. I'm like girl you'll be fine if you take one painkiller a month when you're on your period. They sell paracetamol over the counter, it's not morphine or Xanax or something like that.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.