Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I joined in on her book club zoom just to be nosy and all the other girls had prepared notes and talked about there thoughts in detail where Ruby was just rambling and tripping over her words
It would be hilarious if she actually didn't even read the book.

She looks extremely bothered in all her Instagram stories/posts today. The AD/reinvestment criticism must’ve really hit her where it hurts
I mean hopefully it has hit her enough that she corrects her behaviour and decides to donate the money and make up for her insensitivity.

Reactions: 10
I joined in on her book club zoom just to be nosy and all the other girls had prepared notes and talked about there thoughts in detail where Ruby was just rambling and tripping over her words
I wonder if that’s why she’s so flaky and uninvolved with the bookclub? I bet Ruby is the kind of person that can’t stand anyone else being smarter or better prepared than her. Like if someone, deliberately or just by existing, caused Ruby to question her “perfection” then she’d just make excuses or ignore the whole situation (like her holocaust ad controversy) and runaway back home.

Seriously, for someone so “scholarly” she never learns or improves herself. She’s just play acting.

Reactions: 23
I wonder if that’s why she’s so flaky and uninvolved with the bookclub? I bet Ruby is the kind of person that can’t stand anyone else being smarter or better prepared than her. Like if someone, deliberately or just by existing, caused Ruby to question her “perfection” then she’d just make excuses or ignore the whole situation (like her holocaust ad controversy) and runaway back home.

Seriously, for someone so “scholarly” she never learns or improves herself. She’s just play acting.
She pretty much shouted a one girl who suggested the word that Ruby was trying to say going yes that is what I was going to say

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

Knowing how Ruby approaches literature I could see that happen. It doesn't seem hard to put forward more interesting thoughts on a book than her.

Reactions: 5
Sorry to go a bit o/t but does anyone have any recommendations for uni vloggers? I saw someone talking about a girl who was at Exeter on here - I’ve forgotten her name but I looked at her videos and she’s graduated anyway. So any recommendations welcome (apart from Ruby, Jade and Eve :) )

Reactions: 3
Sorry to go a bit o/t but does anyone have any recommendations for uni vloggers? I saw someone talking about a girl who was at Exeter on here - I’ve forgotten her name but I looked at her videos and she’s graduated anyway. So any recommendations welcome (apart from Ruby, Jade and Eve :) )
Elena Handtrack!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
To those who informed me about thread name suggestions this morning, thank you so much for clarifying!

Thread Name Suggestion:
Ruby Granger #5: Winter Chills, Collar Frills, and Dusty Windowsills

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I love Nayna Florence, Moya Mawhinney, and Lydia Violeta! They all come across very well imo, and seem down to earth and genuine. I feel like Nayna is what Unjaded Jade wishes she was haha

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ruby Granger #5 Erimentha’s to do list: Create a cottagecore Holocaust memorial

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I actually found Ruby when i was 15 and going through a Harry Potter phase and I watched all her 'how to be like Hermione' vids. I'm now 20 almost 21, a final year student in uni and I've honestly changed so much, it's really odd that Ruby honestly is the exact same girl from those videos and is still trying to be Hermione Granger, but not in the way of admiring the personality values of the fictional character and using them appropriately in her life. By this I mean being genuinely hardworking (not just doing 14 hour study days for a youtube video full of menial tasks) and dedicating herself to a good cause she feels passionate about.

Has she ever volunteered somewhere like a womens shelter or an animal shelter? I know it's a difficult time atm to do stuff like this but she hasn't done this stuff (atleast to my knowledge) even prior to the pandemic so it's not an appropriate excuse. She wants to be Hermione Granger but not in a particularly meaningful way that could help her or others lives.

Reactions: 20
If you watch her first Q&A she says she doesn't find it hard acting like hermonie as she has spent so long doing it she has become that person

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Speaking of Erimentha, I was watching one of Ruby’s videos with Jack and she said when she was in year 8 (or possibly when she was 8, I forget), she did a project on volcanos over the holidays (for fun I think) and was really annoyed because she didn’t get any house points for doing it. Which begs the question: was justice served and did Erimentha get house points for her volcano?!?!
A little bit off topic... but house points? I thought this is an invention of the Harry Potter books or is that a common thing at UK schools? And how are you put into a house/ what kind of community is that?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.