Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little bit off topic... but house points? I thought this is an invention of the Harry Potter books or is that a common thing at UK schools? And how are you put into a house/ what kind of community is that?
It was a thing at my catholic school and it was named after saints, it wasn’t really enforced and usually forgotten about but a lot of schools around me had “houses” to organise the different years.

Reactions: 2
A little bit off topic... but house points? I thought this is an invention of the Harry Potter books or is that a common thing at UK schools? And how are you put into a house/ what kind of community is that?
It’s not uncommon, it depends on the type of school. In most cases, you’ll have a number of ‘houses’ - usually named after famous people, places or things - and pupils join a house when they join a school. Normally people just get divided up fairly randomly to keep the houses even and it’s meant to encourage a sense of community. You’ll earn points for sporting achievements or doing well in a class, and there might even be inter-house competitions for things like sports and music. At some independent boarding schools then your house might actually be the physical place where you live, more like Harry Potter. There houses can be split by year groups or multi-age.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
if her preference is men which I don’t think it is the only guy I see her with is Sheldon lol and even he would get annoyed w her. I can’t see her ever having a partner tbh
She made a video with Jack where they did old school exams. And in this video she was like completely changed. And made a normal and nice impression and laughed. And she didn't stare in the camera and was awkward and fake in my opion. Was a contrast.

It’s not uncommon, it depends on the type of school. In most cases, you’ll have a number of ‘houses’ - usually named after famous people, places or things - and pupils join a house when they join a school. Normally people just get divided up fairly randomly to keep the houses even and it’s meant to encourage a sense of community. You’ll earn points for sporting achievements or doing well in a class, and there might even be inter-house competitions for things like sports and music. At some independent boarding schools then your house might actually be the physical place where you live, more like Harry Potter. There houses can be split by year groups or multi-age.
thanks to you and @laynelo_ for explaining ❤❤❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ruby granger #5 : the paid fake personality
Ruby granger #5 : Erimentha's paid fake personality

Well, I haven't commented here, but I read the comments and they make my day.

Reactions: 1
Agreeeeeed! Her editing has always been so bad, you'd think she'd get better as she makes so many videos. The random REC video filter thing she places over some clips annoys me 😭

Her room is so bare and boring and she really needs to think of some new video ideas because I don't think many people care about whats in her wardrobe for the 100th time.

Also wish she'd stop with the *vintage aesthetic* - her bedroom really doesn't look that vintage? Her bedside table for example is so modern and...not vintage. idk its the attention to detail for me. She needs a rug imo too, looks so cold in there

Her mood board which she calls 'kind of cottagecore' is mostly pictures of children...
View attachment 410364
Didn't she also have a picture of a young Mackenzie Foy sitting at her desk, too? As an adult, it's weird to be so obsessive over children. I can just imagine how people would react if it were a guy who had these on his wall...

Sorry to go a bit o/t but does anyone have any recommendations for uni vloggers? I saw someone talking about a girl who was at Exeter on here - I’ve forgotten her name but I looked at her videos and she’s graduated anyway. So any recommendations welcome (apart from Ruby, Jade and Eve :) )
Christine Lee! She's a pre-med student at Harvard and really down to earth! She is also aware of social causes and uses her platform to promote other bipoc!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Ruby granger #5: prancing in the snow, how many candle scents can she shove up her nose

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually found Ruby when i was 15 and going through a Harry Potter phase and I watched all her 'how to be like Hermione' vids. I'm now 20 almost 21, a final year student in uni and I've honestly changed so much, it's really odd that Ruby honestly is the exact same girl from those videos and is still trying to be Hermione Granger, but not in the way of admiring the personality values of the fictional character and using them appropriately in her life. By this I mean being genuinely hardworking (not just doing 14 hour study days for a youtube video full of menial tasks) and dedicating herself to a good cause she feels passionate about.

Has she ever volunteered somewhere like a womens shelter or an animal shelter? I know it's a difficult time atm to do stuff like this but she hasn't done this stuff (atleast to my knowledge) even prior to the pandemic so it's not an appropriate excuse. She wants to be Hermione Granger but not in a particularly meaningful way that could help her or others lives.
From looking at her CV she hasn’t done any charity volunteering work like that at all, which is like fine but considering she’s never needed a job bc shes always had a rich family and makes money from yt, it’s a bit odd she never did any whatsoever

Reactions: 14
new thread name suggestion:

Ruby Granger 5: justice for Mr Aldridge, not another to-do list

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Houses are still a thing in the UK, that’s why they’re in HP :) to my knowledge it’s largely done at private schools, but not exclusively. At my primary school our houses were animals and at secondary school they were different. I actually went to two secondary schools, one without houses (instead splitting events / contests by tutor groups) and the second with houses.

Much like in HP houses are used for events like sports day or other school competitions or events. You do earn house points and there is a house cup awarded at the end of the year but the points come from the events/competitions and not daily school stuff, or it did in my case.

As for being put in a house there is no sorting whatsoever, you’re just given one. Siblings are normally put in the same house though. In my experience houses are used as a way to have a bit of community at school. At my school you could get a school scarf with your house colours on but that was so not the cool thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What is this face why even post something like that lol
That’s what annoys me the most in her, the fact she puts zero effort in making things presentable and good quality. Instead of refilming bits of vlogs that didn’t turn out well or just not including them in the final version she just doesn’t care. Same with this picture, just take another one it’s your job after all.
BEC4EACB-4E46-4433-8AE9-5F2278DF6C4F.jpeg
58B2D089-DD80-4902-8A65-A0150135304E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
What is this face why even post something like that lol
That’s what annoys me the most in her, the fact she puts zero effort in making things presentable and good quality. Instead of refilming bits of vlogs that didn’t turn out well or just not including them in the final version she just doesn’t care. Same with this picture, just take another one it’s your job after all.
View attachment 411491View attachment 411492
She looks in pain / about to tit herself.
Sorry to be crude but it’s true

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I can’t believe I never knew about Houses in UK schools! 😂😂

I can just imagine Ruby gettung really annoyed when someone else “stole” points by giving the right answer or something

Reactions: 8
Also, how cold is it in the UK rn? Cause two thermal tops, long sleeve AND a sweatshirt with a jacket on top seems a bit too much. I had -10 during the day where I live and even then I didn't put on this much stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Also, how cold is it in the UK rn? Cause two thermal tops, long sleeve AND a sweatshirt with a jacket on top seems a bit too much. I had -10 during the day where I live and even then I didn't put on this much stuff.
I wouldn’t say it’s that cold, at the moment it’s well above freezing although a bit damp. Ruby lives in the SE which rarely gets the kind of low temps that would need that much clothing. She’s either sat there with the windows open or her parents are the sort that won’t turn the heating on, which seems unlikely. To be fair, she does live in a big old house and they can be a pain to heat, but that does seem a lot.

Reactions: 7
Maybe she's compensating because we roasted her in a previous thread for not getting fully dressed and complaining about the cold.
Poor girl can't do anyhing right! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wouldn’t say it’s that cold, at the moment it’s well above freezing although a bit damp. Ruby lives in the SE which rarely gets the kind of low temps that would need that much clothing. She’s either sat there with the windows open or her parents are the sort that won’t turn the heating on, which seems unlikely. To be fair, she does live in a big old house and they can be a pain to heat, but that does seem a lot.
Can't this girl do anything in moderation? Either she's wearing light shirts and a skirt and walking around barefoot or she's dressed like she's about to venture into the Siberian tundra.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
If you can’t afford heating or you live in one of those big old houses like ruby does, winter in the UK is pretty horrible tbh, so I see why she’s wearing that. I live in spain and my house has no central heating and omfg it is torture in the winter can’t lie

Reactions: 7
Not cold enough to wear that much haha
I went for a walk at 10pm last night and got hot wearing a jumper and a jacket
I can’t stop staring at her face in that picture, it doesn’t even look like her 😳

Reactions: 4
I love Nayna Florence, Moya Mawhinney, and Lydia Violeta! They all come across very well imo, and seem down to earth and genuine. I feel like Nayna is what Unjaded Jade wishes she was haha
Probably very off topic but I met Lydia in the queue for a nightclub once and she was not a very friendly person at all, very self important and surrounded by a gaggle of adoring 'friends' who seemed more like desperate hangers on. Still I imagine Ruby to be much much more insufferable if you meet her in real life.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I love Nayna Florence, Moya Mawhinney, and Lydia Violeta! They all come across very well imo, and seem down to earth and genuine. I feel like Nayna is what Unjaded Jade wishes she was haha
Off topic too, but I can't stand Nayna since she flew to Prague for a weekend in the summer, turned off the comments on her vlog when she was called out, never gave an apology (at least that I am aware of) and then sneakily deleted the video. 🥴 There's so much wrong with this kind of unsustainable tourism anyway, but especially in the middle of a pandemic. Seems like she's ready to follow in Jade's footsteps, except that her degree isn't a scam lol

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.