Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely can’t believe she would use that quite in that way, and then saying the quote still has value😳 how can she not have read 1984!!! she’s an English lit student and she loves reading so much😂

Reactions: 10
Shouldn't it be sentimental not sentimentalist?
Oh it definitely should. "A sentimentalist is someone who's prone to being sentimental".
As a non-native English speaker, it amazes me how often Ruby makes mistakes, which I could expect from my higher-level students (I teach English as a second language), not from a native speaker who studies English lit 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I genuinely can’t believe she would use that quite in that way, and then saying the quote still has value😳 how can she not have read 1984!!! she’s an English lit student and she loves reading so much😂
It's amazing. Even if you don't remember the quote specifically, once you learn it's from George Orwell it should shed some light on its actual meaning. You don't find many cutesy and wholesome quotes about books in Orwell's work lmao

Reactions: 21
It's amazing. Even if you don't remember the quote specifically, once you learn it's from George Orwell it should shed some light on its actual meaning. You don't find many cutesy and wholesome quotes about books in Orwell's work lmao
Exactly - you might find some pithy insights but not really the sort that you can Instagram with a cute picture ...

Reactions: 3
Ruby called alcohol "ethanol" but is happy to attribute the wrong meaning to quotes just because she prefers it? Okay :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Yeah I go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 every work night. Have to be up early to walk dog then commute and I like a solid sleep
Exactly though. You have to go to bed early because you have stuff to do in the morning and need to be up by a certain time.

She's just doing it in the name of productivity because of this notion that in order to be productive you must get up at the crack of dawn.

Reactions: 7
Ruby called alcohol "ethanol" but is happy to attribute the wrong meaning to quotes just because she prefers it? Okay :rolleyes:
However, just in case anyone thinks that they are interchangeable, I would strongly recommend that you don’t drink ethanol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Chemist here, pure ethanol is not good either lol. Methanol is more dangerous.
Ethanol is IN alcoholic drinks, so Ruby mixing the two is not correct either..
Yeah like there's a certain percentage of ethanol in alcoholic drinks right? They're never pure ethanol.
So Ruby's little labeling system doesn't even make sense.

Reactions: 9
Chemist here, pure ethanol is not good either lol. Methanol is more dangerous.
Ethanol is IN alcoholic drinks, so Ruby mixing the two is not correct either..
Hahah true, (bio)chemist (in the making) here (that doesn't sound as impressive though, does it), of course pure ethanol isn't good either 😅 Though I didn't realize until now little sense Ruby's labeling truly makes.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.