Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The more fragments of this "book" I read, the more I'm convinced Ruby just wrote fanfiction about herself.
I'd like more but no way am I giving her any money for this atrocity 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Reactions: 7
The more fragments of this "book" I read, the more I'm convinced Ruby just wrote fanfiction about herself.
I'd like more but no way am I giving her any money for this atrocity 😂
That is actually the best description of the book tbf. Fanfic about herself 😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The fact that Erimentha's mother calls her Bumblebee was blatant enough for me. Ruby's mother wrote in her blog that the nickname for Martha in the family is strawberry so she got a strawberry tattoo, and maybe she would get a bee tattoo for Ruby as well. Too bad that Erimentha seems like an insufferable brat. If I were a teacher and my student randomly started asking me details about my holiday because she simply must know more about the country, I'd be out of there lol. (Reasons why I could never become a teacher.)

It's so interesting that a reply said Ruby went out with a guy from their school though. I wouldn't find it strange if Ruby didn't make a point of mentioning that she is not interested in relationships at all in every Q&A.

Reactions: 20
It's so interesting that a reply said Ruby went out with a guy from their school though. I wouldn't find it strange if Ruby didn't make a point of mentioning that she is not interested in relationships at all in every Q&A.
Wasn't it that she simply went to school with him? That's how I understood it

View attachment 396362

The OP says "went out with a boy from my school" which is going on a date, to me? I don't know if it has some other context.
I think that’s right - I’m sure in one of those insta story game things she said she hadn’t been in a relationship since she was 17? She kept messing up the answers so it was very confusing and difficult to follow what she meant, but I think she did say she’d had one relationship before.

Reactions: 9
I'm pretty sure she has said that she has never been in a relationship

Reactions: 1
What I imagine is this kind of a primary school relationships when you walk holding hands for like a week and then there's a dramatic breakup lol. That's all I could expect from Ruby at least.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She isn't a great wit. Doesn't seem to delve deeply into any subject. Not thought provoking or provocative. Not sure she wants to be any of this and she doesn't oversell herself as such but she does seem want to roleplay as an academic with all the planners, candles, productivity emphasis. She is just a pleasantly earnest and rich otherwise average-ish girl at the end of the day. She is miles ahead of some other booktubers...I made a mistake of watching a 10:00 plus min bridgerton review, where the whole review was the youtuber liking this and that and more of that and that's why she recommends that because she likes it?!
i wonder what her ‘dream’ is. i know not everyone has one, and she’s still fairly young. and no one needs to have a ‘goal’ or ‘dream’ but for someone like Ruby i’d imagine her to have one, because of the whole ‘aesthetic’ side of it.

Reactions: 1
Hermione was interested in Krum and later Ron. Wouldn’t surprise me if Ruby at some point tried to date, because Hermione did!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I know we’ve moved on from her caption but I just remembered when in some US states when everything shut last March, there were people protesting with placards saying “work will set you free” (they obviously disagreed with lockdown) which was a quote written on the gates of Auschwitz 🙄

I can just see Ruby taking that quote and thinking “wow, so true!” or “I think it’s a nice sentiment”

There’s no hope for some people 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Hermione was interested in Krum and later Ron. Wouldn’t surprise me if Ruby at some point tried to date, because Hermione did!
I was watching one of her Hermione videos and she says she wishes Hermione hadn’t ended up with anyone. So I do think she probably is just not interested in relationships (I can relate to her on that!). The way she rolls her eyes about Ron though 😂

Reactions: 3
I was watching one of her Hermione videos and she says she wishes Hermione hadn’t ended up with anyone. So I do think she probably is just not interested in relationships (I can relate to her on that!). The way she rolls her eyes about Ron though 😂

I got until the relationship part and I couldn’t watch more. She was genuinely unlikable back then

Reactions: 3
Honestly it's quite strange to wish that your favourite fictional character ends up alone. Hermione ends up being really happy with Ron and still has an amazing career? It seems like Ruby thought (still thinks?) that a relationship only hinders your academic life/career. I understand if she doesn't want one herself, but she's judging fictional characters for it 😂 I wonder if she feels anxious about potentially having a relationship because of the 'damage' it could do to her studies?

Reactions: 21

Ah, I wasn’t aware of this video!
Perhaps this was after she had her bf and it didn’t work out, so that’s when she came to the conclusion Hermione (and herself) shouldn’t be in a relationship? Bit of a stretch but wouldn’t surprise me 😂

Totally fine to not want/be interested in a relationship but I can’t stand when people (Ruby, Holly) then act as if being in one makes the other person some how inferior

• Haha
Reactions: 6

“I think she should have just focused on her career”...Jesus Christ of course she would think that being married immediately means you can’t have a career. I can relate to not wanting a relationship - I’m 21 and have never had one, just because frankly I can’t be bothered with the effort it requires (yikes that makes me sound like a bad person). But it does feel like she thinks that relationships are in some way beneath her, or would in some way make her look less intellectual or something. Obviously there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with choosing to prioritise studies over dating, but the eye rolling and disproving looks really suggest she looks down on anyone having a relationship at all.

Also I just looked up the video, and she was 16 in this! No wonder she was bullied, most people at that age in the UK are getting pissed in fields and trying to hide their hangovers from parents/teachers 😂 obvs nothing against her not drinking (I’m teetotal), but wow this is the sort of thing I can imagine a 10 year old doing, not a 16 year old. I’m glad she’s gotten more natural on camera, she really was awful...

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.