Ruby Granger #4 Please sir, may I have some more (priviledge, playtime, and fake productivity)?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest it would be quite hilarious to watch her on the 1900 house or similar programme and see her have a meltdown when she inevitably gets bored of her little romanticised fantasy and wants easy access to running water and yearns to watch her Anne with an e or Enola Holmes and be able to post cutsey little clips playing in the snow. She might like the idea of it and the literature, but she really should read up on it further.
honestly i think half of the enjoyment she gets out of her 'victorian' cosplay is the fact that she can broadcast it on her social media platforms and feel validated/admired/envied by others who romanticise the same aesthetic/lifestyle lol

Reactions: 6
1900 house was brilliant! It would take an entire day for a baked potato to cook, they had no shampoo and had to use cloth menstrual pads.
I remember watching this and feeling so sorry for the wife and eldest daughter. I remember one part where the wife couldn’t sit down because the cloths she was using were so unreliable that anything other than standing up caused leaks. That and the boiler not working until they undid all of the modern safety requirements, so no hot water or baths. It just looked grim and like a life of unrelenting hard work, even for relatively comfortable families. I would not want to live then and I thank science and technology for the pill, modern forms of sanitary protection, washing machines, central heating, vacuum cleaners and modern detergents.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
This was exactly my thinking haha! She said at the end that she acknowledged the issues with the Victorian era, and was planning on doing a working class routine, which honestly sounds awful - if this is bad, then I can’t imagine how horrific her play-acting a working class life safe in her country manor is going to be. That being said, at least she acknowledged the fact that the majority of the population was working class, and is going to make another video reflecting that. My instinctive response was the same tho - it’s wild to me that there are people out there who don’t immediately think of poverty and squalor when they think of the Victorian era! My image is of darkness, the Thames full of tit and piss because no modern plumbing, streets full of horse dung, street urchins everywhere you look, disease rampant. It’s genuinely mad that her go to representation of the period is one virtually nobody would actually have experienced...
Seriously, some of the first things I think about when I think of Victorian England are workhouses and Jack the Ripper lmaoo
Also cholera outbreaks

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Round 2! Found some more gems. The use of scrumptious is sending me
“I resist the urge to correct the girls grammar”. This has actually made me laugh out loud oh my god witch if you’re gonna correct someone’s grammar at least get the bleeping apostrophe right Jesus bleeping Christ 😂😂😂 honestly I can’t with this, how can you be this bleeping stupid holy tit

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't even have a problem with her history cos-playing - cos-tube is a very popular area of YouTube albeit cos-tubers recreate historical dress. I know Ruby is a Bernadette Banner fan and has commented on her insta lately (i also enjoy bernadette - ruby should take a leaf on how to do in depth research!)

HOWEVER, How tone deaf is she to even think of cos-playing a working class victorian person? She has no idea what abject poverty looks like. Especially given the dire situations many families are in now because of covid struggling to feed their kid, access the internet, computers etc for school - seems really real tone deaf right now.

Reactions: 18
“I resist the urge to correct the girls grammar”. This has actually made me laugh out loud oh my god witch if you’re gonna correct someone’s grammar at least get the bleeping apostrophe right Jesus bleeping Christ 😂😂😂 honestly I can’t with this, how can you be this bleeping stupid holy tit
Jesus Christ. Has she actually read it over once before publishing it?

Reactions: 3
This is giving me serious flashbacks of my early teen years where I used to write elaborate and flowery HP fanfictions with my friends, I swear I felt my teeth tingle from the cringe 😂 (For the record, I don't find fanfic cringe but our writing back then was something else. I'm sure I must have called green eyes 'emerald orbs' at one point lmfao)
How do you taste whiteness of the milk is what I'm curious about. The fact that this year 7 witch thinks she's above her peers for wanting to talk to her teacher about freaking Cambodia and mental health care ??? is absolutely sending me. Someone save Mr. Aldridge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't even have a problem with her history cos-playing - cos-tube is a very popular area of YouTube albeit cos-tubers recreate historical dress. I know Ruby is a Bernadette Banner fan and has commented on her insta lately (i also enjoy bernadette - ruby should take a leaf on how to do in depth research!)

HOWEVER, How tone deaf is she to even think of cos-playing a working class victorian person? She has no idea what abject poverty looks like. Especially given the dire situations many families are in now because of covid struggling to feed their kid, access the internet, computers etc for school - seems really real tone deaf right now.
I agree here completely, I hope she doesn’t do a video romanticising someone living in victorian poverty. It would be so inappropriate, I s2g if she uploads a video of herself walking sadly through the fields with dirt smeared on her face, pretending shes a poor child on her way home exhausted from a long day of chimney sweeping, I will literally pass away from cringe.
If she wants to do something on it she should just do one of her talking about how tit it was to live back then for the vast majority of the population

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thanks to you silly lot I’ve caved and bought Ruby’s book. On the first page and I wonder if she’s aware that the person she rights about is seriously mentally unwell??

First page quote:
(morning to do list which is basically wash, eat, dress, pack bag)
I read the list over carefully to check for mistakes. One of my bullet points is a little bigger than the others but it’s not so messy that I’ll have to redo it...I learn it by heart, staring so hard that my eyes go fuzzy and I get an ache in my belly.
Sis that ain’t healthy please put the £3 you’ve gotten from me buying your book towards another therapy session because yikes

• Haha
Reactions: 34
"All I can taste is flavorless whiteness of the milk"

Am I having a stroke right now or does that sentence make zero sense

She is tasting someting tasteless that is white in color hence felt with a sense of vision and not taste

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Please, it's just me or that house must stink? It's dirty af
I’ve always thought this. Also, there are so many videos where she’s sitting on the floor in her room or her dorm and the floor is just covered in lint and other various small trash items that always made me think she’s a slob. I don’t think her or her family ever vacuum?

Reactions: 17
I’ve always thought this. Also, there are so many videos where she’s sitting on the floor in her room or her dorm and the floor is just covered in lint and other various small trash items that always made me think she’s a slob. I don’t think her or her family ever vacuum?
Yes!!! I'm definitely not obsessed with cleanliness but... specially THAT kitchen it's always a mess, well messy and dirty, terrible.

Reactions: 6
Thanks to you silly lot I’ve caved and bought Ruby’s book. On the first page and I wonder if she’s aware that the person she rights about is seriously mentally unwell??

First page quote:

Sis that ain’t healthy please put the £3 you’ve gotten from me buying your book towards another therapy session because yikes
Weird those lines aren't in my copy!
(I bought mine the day it came out, I used to worship Ruby 🤦‍♀️)
Maybe she DID edit the book and that's what's now on Amazon? 🤔

Reactions: 3
I really hoped Ruby wasn’t reading here but disclaimer at the end of today’s video makes me think she is 🙁 As much as I find this thread funny, I don’t think anyone should read their own thread. Especially Ruby who is pretty harmless in comparison.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.