Ruby Granger #38 Oh Jesus, Ruby's off to Jesus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit rich to accuse me of being judgmental on a gossip forum that's designed to judge other people. I've said this before but we don't all have to agree on everything on here and it's hypocritical to get on a high horse and call out people for "being judgemental" just because other people's judgements are different from your own. You can explain your point of view and why you think I'm wrong without acting like you are not also on a gossip site where you criticize the way other people choose to live their lives.

Most things that Ruby gets criticized for here don't hurt anyone else and are just part of her lifestyle. I'm talking about her weird food concoctions, her hair, her filthy bedsheets and the overall state of their house, the way she dresses, etc. These are all frequent topics of discussion on here and no one ever says anything about how we're being mean or judgemental or how we should accept the way other people live their lives if it has no impact on us.
I mean you’re right, I’ll admit I’m a complete hypocrite when it comes to criticising Ruby 😂 I think what I snagged on in your earlier post was that you made an argument that made a statement about all people and not just her - that’s what I disagreed on and what I reacted to. I’d love to spend the rest of my life studying and would find it meaningful to me. My only option to be able to afford it is to win the lottery though 😂

Reactions: 14
I think we can all agree that Ruby isn’t staying in education because she wants to bring down the capitalist machine - she’s doing it because she’s too scared, for whatever reason, to become an independent adult. There’s nothing wrong, per se, with staying in education and getting postgraduate degrees and maybe even a PhD. If you love learning and are passionate about your field the crack on, it’s how knowledge expands and develops and it’s the hallmark of a civilised society that we support people (badly, but we do) to do that.

But none of that is true for Ruby. She’s staying in education so that she can still mark off the years in new pencil-cases every September, so that she can hide away from adult life and responsibilities in her bedroom and so that she can carry on believing the fantasies that she’s created about and for herself. It’s sad and odd, and whilst we can say that it’s fine to do things as long as they don’t harm others (which, by the way, is something that I definitely believe in) Ruby does cause harm. She deliberately cultivates a very young and impressionable audience who shower her with praise, a good proportion of whom probably do attempt to copy her. She knows damn well that 99% of what she puts online is a lie, but a good number of the 12-13 years olds in her audience don’t, and think that they too should be studying for 28 hours a day on three frozen peas, two mugs of tea and a nibble on a rice-cake. It’s vile, and even more vile that Ruby pretends not to know why she invites some very legitimate criticism, and posts the ‘who, me?’ responses whenever someone points out that she’s being irresponsible. Ruby is not well mentally and as an adult, she needs to take some responsibility for that. I’ve said the same on the Holly Gabrielle threads but YouTube is not therapy, and therapy isn’t just sitting in an echo chamber of validation for your unhealthy behaviours. I would have a lot of respect for Ruby if she stopped posting for while and got some help, but she won’t because she prefers the empty praise to the real work of addressing her mental health issues.

It’s also odd to even try to infer that Ruby is doing what she’s doing as some kind of anti-capitalist protest. She does what she does because it brings in enough cash for her to maintain her very, very capitalist lifestyle of travel and obtaining mountains of stuff. Companies literally give her hugely expensive fripperies because of what she does - it’s the very antithesis of being anti-capitalist.

Reactions: 26
I don't think Ruby is an anti-capitalist at all, she's the height of capitalism, pretty much any "influencer" is.

Reactions: 13
I haven't read this thread in a while, is Ruby still vegan? She posted a story with fresh whipped cream so I'm wondering

Reactions: 1
F2E879A7-88D6-4151-A8DC-5CE427BEEA86.png
62C4D07D-E9CB-46B2-80FD-10ADB1E49E47.png

I’ve been a devout reader of this thread, I don’t comment but this made me giggle. I know Ruby can be a little fibber but which one? Or have I got the wrong impression? Was it for Christmas or from Vinted.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2201487View attachment 2201488
I’ve been a devout reader of this thread, I don’t comment but this made me giggle. I know Ruby can be a little fibber but which one? Or have I got the wrong impression? Was it for Christmas or from Vinted.
She really will lie about anything and everything, and then play it off as a ”misunderstanding” - she did the same thing when someone called her out on saying ”I didn’t do ballet in school” and ”I did ballet when I was younger” within the span of two minutes in a video. Someone then defended her saying ”she probably did ballet in school but not in the higher years” and she was all ”yes that’s what I meant x” 😂 She’s even got her minions doing the gaslighting for her 😂
---
I haven't read this thread in a while, is Ruby still vegan? She posted a story with fresh whipped cream so I'm wondering
She’s a fairweather vegan at best - the whipped cream could have been oat cream or something, but she definitely isn’t so particular when it comes to fast food (Five Guys buns) etc, and she owns two leather bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Oh hey I made a new thread

Reactions: 4
"It's fine" in the same way any other unhealthy behavior that doesn't affect other people is fine. Just because people aren't personally affected doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it or it's an example others should follow. I don't think any parent would want their child to never grow out of university and just keep pointlessly getting degrees and depending financially on their family without ever planning to do anything with their education. There are way more meaningful and rewarding ways of living your life
You can criticize and judge her silently or less silently of course, but it remains fine overall. The only thing which isn't fine is the fact she can influence naive/younger watchers and should pay attention at what she posts, especially regarding of food and eating habits and should care a bit more about that.

And I'll let politic out of this innocent gossip topic about a crazy rich little girl, it's supposed to be entertaining, not end like a family lunch after too much drinks.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.