Ruby Granger #38 Oh Jesus, Ruby's off to Jesus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New video's up.

View attachment 2195585

The dirt and detritus on display when Ruby changes her sheets for the first time in god knows how long...

She takes this sheet off to reveal there's another sheet underneath it for some reason?

View attachment 2195699

I thought at first that it was a mattress topper/mattress protector, but it looks like a standard sheet haphazardly tossed on there. Naturally she just leaves this filthed-up sheet on there and doesn't even pretend that she's going to wash it.

She confirms (not that we needed any confirmation) that she didn't bother washing her new gifted sheets/duvet cover either and puts them all on her bed straight out of the packaging. She also reveals that she received a fitted sheet, a flat sheet and duvet cover set (which she puts on all at once, leaving her with three sheets on the bed for some reason), so the haul comes to even more than initially thought - the 2 new sheets and duvet cover set come to £350 total...

(Edit: Checking the footage again and she seems to pull 2 complete bedding bundles of different colours out of the box. These bundles are between £250 and £300 each on their website. £550-600 for two sets of bedding. Ridiculous. And they'll never get washed, ever.)

The rest of the video is the usual baffling and painfully dull incompetence. It's sponsored, yet she's not bothered putting any effort into the video despite being paid for it. Audio levels are all over the place, there's mid-word/mid-sentence cuts everywhere and she fucks up the url for the site she's being sponsored by.

View attachment 2195644

"It's dobble-yeu dobble-yeu DOT ingognee dot com...forward-slash ryooobeee," she says, offering up a wildly different url than the one on-screen. I guess they didn't pay her enough to say the third 'w', or to get her own unique url code right.

View attachment 2195647

(Just checking. Nope, not a valid url.)

Despite getting a sizeable amount of cash from the company, lazy fuckwit Ruby couldn't be bothered with a second take of this footage.

She also still can't pronounce the word "percent" and butchers it multiple times.

She claims she had friends round for "BRONCH", but there's zero footage of this, so we can assume that none of her imaginary friends visited her swampy cesspool of a house for "BRONCH" or any other reason.

Not happy with making sure she's got a gifted RAMADEE KYOMBYOOCHAAAH posed in frame when she's morosely tapping away at her keyboard, she spends the majority of an outdoor section cutting between various shots of her waving the can at the camera for no reason other than to advertise it without any declaration.

View attachment 2195707
View attachment 2195710
View attachment 2195711

That's three separate shots of her posing with a gifted can. No declaration whatsoever.

View attachment 2195715

It's "the next day" and Ruby includes this shot of her alarm going off and some on-screen text to says she "overslept!!". Only she's clearly awake and filming... So she blatantly woke up at 7, grabbed her camera, set an alarm just to film it going off, all to give the appearance that getting up at 7:30 is INCRADDIBLY LYATE FOR HAAHR! SHE'S NYOT LOIKE OTHA ONAMPLOYED PEEPOL! SHE AWHLWHEYS WAKES OPP AT 5AM!

She blames this completely fictional bout of oversleeping for her not being able to book a driving test.

Ruby seems to think people will believe this second day was around 97 hours long and she JANUINELY didn't just cobble together footage from multiple days and make up a bunch of off-screen events as usual.

View attachment 2195740

She gets changed from her pyjamas into this outfit. It's creased and covered in stains, as usual. Ruby claims she went for a driving lesson in this and was dropped off at "waaahrk".

View attachment 2195745

She returns from these off-screen activities that JANUINELY HAPPENED ON THIS DYAY, HONNASTLEEE! Her outfit has spontaneously changed.

She then claims she wrote for hours, read for hours, cooked dinner, had a shower, then read some more and wrote for hours more!

Her videos somehow get more boring every time. Her miserable face says it all. There's nothing going on in her life but a never-ending string of completely uneventful days full of nothing but performative lies and wasting away in her squalid room.
Um...isn't that brown monstrosity a Norland nanny uniform?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Um...isn't that brown monstrosity a Norland nanny uniform?
I am so glad that someone thought the same as me with it! Perhaps Ruby is planning to go all Mary Poppins once Oxford is all done so she never needs to grow up!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She wants to be a writer because she thinks it's easy and a way around entering the traditional adult world of work, that's it. She wants a job where she doesn't have to leave her own house, where she doesn't have to be managed by anyone else, where she doesn't have to interact with anyone until she's finished a book and in her head she'll send it off, they'll have no corrections and they'll order five sequels she can work on for the next 10-20 years. She's hell-bent on becoming a writer because she thinks it's a way around dealing with the scary adult and social world.

I wonder if she's been advised to take writing courses by her agent after getting some rejections.
Well, she's going to be sorely disappointed with the publishing industry. Even 'overnight successes' don't happen overnight in publishing. I mean, Harry Potter and the Philosphers stone had been out for over 4 years before it even got a glimpse of the NYT bestseller list. It wasn't until Azkaban was out until JK Rowling was financially stable enough to quit her teaching job.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Can her agent keep rejecting her if Ruby produces another piece of work that's not good?
It just seems bizarre to me that she seems to be in a hurry like sometimes you don't feel inspired and that's okay.
Her agent is free to refuse to shop Ruby's book to publishers at any time if they have no confidence in it. They could also drop Ruby as a client entirely at any time if she goes long enough without offering up something sellable. Her agent won't make a penny off Ruby until she sells a book to a publisher, so it's not in their interest to keep her on the books indefinitely if she's talentless dead weight.

Of course, her agent doesn't seem especially good at their job considering they signed Ruby based on her influencer following first and foremost without any talent or even a complete, proofread first draft. There were red flags everywhere. I can't see any professional agent with any sense keeping her on this long with the quality of writing and (borrowed) ideas she's offering up. And Ruby apparently insisting on scrapping the book her agent ostensibly signed her up for after a couple of rejections rather than work at it didn't look good, either.

I imagine part of the reason she wants a book deal as fast as possible is (along with bragging that she's a POBLISHED WROYTAH) so she has a convenient backup in place when she crashes and burns at Oxford to save face. The "oiy aren't failing, bot oiy've decoided tyooo quit uni tyooo daddicate moiysalf tyoo moiyy wroyting career as that is JANUINELY moiy loiflong dream" excuses write themselves and she could stay in her childhood bedroom forever, bragging about what a huge success she is.

Reactions: 11
I think that is to simplistic. There is nothing wrong with being a perpetual student. Lots of people never leave uni, they just go from one course to the next, collecting degrees like the Cullens collect high school diplomas. It's a booming fringe subculture. But Ruby doesn't actually enjoy studying any more than she enjoys writing. I think she mentally outgrew the granger lifestyle years ago, but she is too emotionally stunted to try new things and meet new people that she clings onto it even though it no longer serves her as a person. And that's why she is so meloncholic all the time.
I disagree. People do that because, just like Ruby, they are unwilling or unable to go and join the workforce and contribute to society. It's nothing to be celebrated or imitated in my opinion.

I think that she will stick it through Oxford as I think that leaving would give her too much of an identity crisis for her, especially as she never moved on from the rejection and this gives her the dark academia aesthetic that she wants. I think as well, Oxford is going to be her main source of content for the next year or so with the study with me and 'day in my life at Oxford University,' and people following her for that. I think that her 'passion for writing,' will be her excuse for not getting a proper job and going into the real world once she graduates and it will allow her to become a hermit.

Her agent is free to refuse to shop Ruby's book to publishers at any time if they have no confidence in it. They could also drop Ruby as a client entirely at any time if she goes long enough without offering up something sellable. Her agent won't make a penny off Ruby until she sells a book to a publisher, so it's not in their interest to keep her on the books indefinitely if she's talentless dead weight.

Of course, her agent doesn't seem especially good at their job considering they signed Ruby based on her influencer following first and foremost without any talent or even a complete, proofread first draft. There were red flags everywhere. I can't see any professional agent with any sense keeping her on this long with the quality of writing and (borrowed) ideas she's offering up. And Ruby apparently insisting on scrapping the book her agent ostensibly signed her up for after a couple of rejections rather than work at it didn't look good, either.

I imagine part of the reason she wants a book deal as fast as possible is (along with bragging that she's a POBLISHED WROYTAH) so she has a convenient backup in place when she crashes and burns at Oxford to save face. The "oiy aren't failing, bot oiy've decoided tyooo quit uni tyooo daddicate moiysalf tyoo moiyy wroyting career as that is JANUINELY moiy loiflong dream" excuses write themselves and she could stay in her childhood bedroom forever, bragging about what a huge success she is.
Exactly.

How publishing works is that agents form relationships with the editors who work at the publishing houses. The agent calls the editor up and goes 'yo, I am representing this new book that I think would be a good fit for you. Here is a description. Are you interested?' then if the editor is interested, they get the manuscript sent over to them, read it, then decide whether or not they want to put in an offer. An agent could seriously jeopardize their own career by sending half-baked, underedited, poor qaulity books off on submission. Do it one too many and you will lose your connections with the editors. An agent with no network is just a reader.

But by looking at the books that Ruby's agent has sold, she really only has a couple of editors to submit to. The vast majority of books she has sold has sold to the exact same indie press. Which is probably part of the problem. She probably needs Ruby (well, Ruby's followers) as much as Ruby needs her.

Last edited:
I disagree. People do that because, just like Ruby, they are unwilling or unable to go and join the workforce and contribute to society. It's nothing to be celebrated or imitated in my opinion.
I mean... As long as they have enough money by themselves to live without needing financial help to financiate them it's perfectly fine.

Reactions: 3
I mean... As long as they have enough money by themselves to live without needing financial help to financiate them it's perfectly fine.
"It's fine" in the same way any other unhealthy behavior that doesn't affect other people is fine. Just because people aren't personally affected doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it or it's an example others should follow. I don't think any parent would want their child to never grow out of university and just keep pointlessly getting degrees and depending financially on their family without ever planning to do anything with their education. There are way more meaningful and rewarding ways of living your life

Reactions: 7
"It's fine" in the same way any other unhealthy behavior that doesn't affect other people is fine. Just because people aren't personally affected doesn't mean there's nothing wrong with it or it's an example others should follow. I don't think any parent would want their child to never grow out of university and just keep pointlessly getting degrees and depending financially on their family without ever planning to do anything with their education. There are way more meaningful and rewarding ways of living your life

You are being extremely judgemental here.

There is nothing wrong with people getting degrees because they enjoy the process of learning. That has value to them. It is meaningful for them.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
I understand what you’re saying, but everyone’s life is their own to do whatever they choose with. As long as they’re not trying to tell me how to live my life, I’ll let them live theirs. At some point people grow out of ”following others’ example” and carve out their own life, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that. And hey, parents can cut their children off if they don’t agree with what they’re doing.

”Meaningful and rewarding” is 100% subjective and I daresay no one is going to have the precise same definition as someone else.

Reactions: 21
Something that just occured to me -- how is Roobles gonna cope living in student accommodation at Oh My Jesus? Graduate accommodation is shared bathroom and kitchen facilities with 8-14 other students, most of whom will certainly be international and more than a couple who will be male. Ruby only ever shared with Blakely at Exeter. During her 1st year she had a self-contained room with an ensuite and kitchenette, meaning she never had to interact with anybody else at halls.

I'm betting that she will end up in private accomidation, because I really can't imagine she will cope very well sharing a living space and shower with strange men from those dreadful third world, exotic places.

Reactions: 11
Something that just occured to me -- how is Roobles gonna cope living in student accommodation at Oh My Jesus? Graduate accommodation is shared bathroom and kitchen facilities with 8-14 other students, most of whom will certainly be international and more than a couple who will be male. Ruby only ever shared with Blakely at Exeter. During her 1st year she had a self-contained room with an ensuite and kitchenette, meaning she never had to interact with anybody else at halls.

I'm betting that she will end up in private accomidation, because I really can't imagine she will cope very well sharing a living space and shower with strange men from those dreadful third world, exotic places.
Zero chance she'll be in student accommodation. She'll rent herself a cushy flat (or her daddy will rent it for her) for a year within radius of campus to meet the course requirements, then she'll sneak home for 98% of the year because she can't be away from mummy.

Reactions: 20
[
I think this is such a capitalist worldview. Look up the concept of bullshit jobs. None of those jobs really contribute to society, they're just designed to keep people's egos alive. Working doesn't necessarily equate to contributing to society. Look at the work of activists. It's desperately needed but they aren't getting paid to do it. But it's certainly more valuable work than a middle management bullshit job.
Studying is a great thing. Maybe not for her getting degrees because that might be a burden on the tax system but it's not like it's fair anyway. We lose more money by Tories evading taxes or the rich evading taxes rather than a few people continually studying.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Oof, you seem to be assuming that the only meaningful and rewarding way to live life is to become a cog in the machine that is our world system which doesn't give a tit about the human lives it chews up in order to benefit a select few. For some people the most rewarding thing they can possibly spend their lives doing is studying and learning - and in fact that used to be a much more common way to live life pre late-stage capitalism. Of course that was (and really still is) only possible for those born into pretty extreme wealth, but the fact is that for some people that genuinely is what they love to do (or would love to do, if they had the resources), and despite what society tells us, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with people living the life they are happy with instead of suffering doing something they hate which society says is worthwhile. You don't have to go that far back in time to see a point at which it was pretty common for people to spend their lives studying/learning, the fact that it's less common now isn't because people are living healthier lives, it's because people are forced into lives they don't want because they have no other way to stay alive.

That said, Ruby is absolutely just doing it because she doesn't want to grow up, and 100% her particular example is not one to be followed because it actually is very unhealthy behaviour. Also if you really stay in education for that long odds are you might end up doing at least one PhD, at which point you are likely to be contributing to society a) by teaching and b) by publishing work, which depending on your field could well be legitimately incredibly important to the world at large. Again, obviously Ruby isn't going to do that, but that's because she's Ruby, not because it can't be done

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Sticking my neck out a bit here but I hear something in what you are saying. I think you are from an Italian background? I am from an Italian mother/Russian father so I have those cultures as something strong in my life. The key words for me in your post are that perpetual studying, as long as it 'doesn't affect other people is fine'. My family certainly wouldn't want me to have stayed in my childhood bedroom engaging in study that didn't get me out of their house and employed. Then again, they also would be fine with me studying forever, as long as I was independent of them. I did undergrad English Lit and became a substitute teacher, then I worked in a pharmacy while I completed my law degree. When I graduated from law, my grandparents on both sides expected that now all my study was over lol. Then I did Masters and PhD in law. I think it was only accepted by my family and their friends because I was in part-time employment and living life outside of their home.

Reactions: 12
You are being extremely judgemental here.

There is nothing wrong with people getting degrees because they enjoy the process of learning. That has value to them. It is meaningful for them.
Bit rich to accuse me of being judgmental on a gossip forum that's designed to judge other people. I've said this before but we don't all have to agree on everything on here and it's hypocritical to get on a high horse and call out people for "being judgemental" just because other people's judgements are different from your own. You can explain your point of view and why you think I'm wrong without acting like you are not also on a gossip site where you criticize the way other people choose to live their lives.

Most things that Ruby gets criticized for here don't hurt anyone else and are just part of her lifestyle. I'm talking about her weird food concoctions, her hair, her filthy bedsheets and the overall state of their house, the way she dresses, etc. These are all frequent topics of discussion on here and no one ever says anything about how we're being mean or judgemental or how we should accept the way other people live their lives if it has no impact on us.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Sticking my neck out a bit here but I hear something in what you are saying. I think you are from an Italian background? I am from an Italian mother/Russian father so I have those cultures as something strong in my life. The key words for me in your post are that perpetual studying, as long as it 'doesn't affect other people is fine'. My family certainly wouldn't want me to have stayed in my childhood bedroom engaging in study that didn't get me out of their house and employed. Then again, they also would be fine with me studying forever, as long as I was independent of them. I did undergrad English Lit and became a substitute teacher, then I worked in a pharmacy while I completed my law degree. When I graduated from law, my grandparents on both sides expected that now all my study was over lol. Then I did Masters and PhD in law. I think it was only accepted by my family and their friends because I was in part-time employment and living life outside of their home.
Honestly I get that too. Most university degrees are not that much of educating as such but more like fillers either way. Not to mention the sole studying at university won’t do that alone - you’re supposed to expand it by personal interests and work. There’s only so much you can learn sitting at your desk all days but it’s useless imo when you don’t put it to practice. Just like Ruby, she’s been studying her whole life but she learned nothing and can’t do anything with that knowledge. And that’s when it truly shows if you’ve actually learned and understand what you’ve learned in the first place.

Besides how many people can actually afford to study for the sake of studying - mostly it’s people who live off their parents’ resources (like Ruby), many of which naively believe that well since their kids are studying then tehy have to provide for them. I’ve known a bunch of people like that at my uni and honestly there was nothing aspirational about them. Besides work besides getting means to live teaches you a bunch too - interacting with clients, with coworkers, solving problems etc. You’re supposed to go up the ladder with time and that itself is also teaching you a lot and motivating to expand your skills. Sure someone can say yeah it’s bullshit capitalism and you’re a cog in a machine and naive - my work for me is helping me grow in my profession and I dont need to be a doctor or activist and directly work for people in need to feel like I’m achieving something. I’m not gonna mindlessly hate on capitalism since for now it’s the best system compared what we had in the past. It’s especially visible when you come from a country which used to live by the „everything is shared and equal ideology” with bullshit propaganda how the system is great and it was truly awful. Some people really don’t get that. Sure currently there’s a lot to improve and change but let’s not pretend we live in hell, at least not in the first world.

Reactions: 7
It's insane to still see people defending capitalism after the hell it's caused. Wealth inequality, climate breakdown, poverty, are all the result of capitalism.
Please don't tit on communism or socialism because when it was done, it was done under fascists and that's not the ideology's fault.
Look at ecosocialism, it's something which we should be doing more of.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.