Ruby Granger #38 Oh Jesus, Ruby's off to Jesus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread, thanks to @LostGhosts for the title - the first in what we can safely anticipate to be a year-long string of brilliant Jesus-themed thread titles, because if you didn’t know, Little Miss Rootabaga finally got her lifelong wish and somehow wangled her way into a Master’s course in Oxford. The news broke on Tattle first, of course - she actually managed to sit on it for several weeks before being forced to announce it because people were asking her about it. General consensus is she was greatly aided in her project by the fact that there was no interview for her to make a fool of herself at.

She’ll be studying Early Modern literature (Victoria who? We don’t know her) and is busy reading children’s books and writing her 4th or 5th attempt at a publishable novel, because actually preparing for your course is for amateurs and not girl geniuses like Ruby.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
New thread, thanks to @LostGhosts for the title - the first in what we can safely anticipate to be a year-long string of brilliant Jesus-themed thread titles, because if you didn’t know, Little Miss Rootabaga finally got her lifelong wish and somehow wangled her way into a Master’s course in Oxford. The news broke on Tattle first, of course - she actually managed to sit on it for several weeks before being forced to announce it because people were asking her about it. General consensus is she was greatly aided in her project by the fact that there was no interview for her to make a fool of herself at.

She’ll be studying Early Modern literature (Victoria who? We don’t know her) and is busy reading children’s books and writing her 4th or 5th attempt at a publishable novel, because actually preparing for your course is for amateurs and not girl geniuses like Ruby.
Thanks for the excellent summary!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Wait she pronounced the surname Zhang like 'Zang'? I get that Mandarin is not the easiest language, but come on - that's an extremely common name lol. And a similar sound romanised as 'zh' will have come up in at least some of the Russian literature she's claimed to have read too 🤔

Reactions: 8
Wait she pronounced the surname Zhang like 'Zang'? I get that Mandarin is not the easiest language, but come on - that's an extremely common name lol. And a similar sound romanised as 'zh' will have come up in at least some of the Russian literature she's claimed to have read too 🤔
She even pronounces Chomsky as 'komsky' in her bookshelf tour video despite being corrected many times abut this:sleep:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
About this rainy weekend video there's so much to tell about it... First of all, Ruby don't try to eat hyacinths even if it's related to asparagus. Then how can you act surprised to make a mess when you pour your almond juice from that high? Tell me you tried to look relatable without telling me. Obviously your breakfast looks disgusting like always and the cupboard & fridge are worst than a mess. But hey, you're a perfectionist!
Working on a novel that nobody will ever publish instead of on books you could need for your Oxford course ? What a GREAT idea!
But a way better one is, obviously, going under the rain in the muddiest isolated roads, in a skirt - the most practical outfit to trudge in the mud- and reading a f*$:!?*g book while it's still raining. And why are you drinking while filming yourself and walking? You sure it's only cinnamon tea in that bottle? Just imagine, filming yourself on a road drinking tea while struggling with your backpack...
Notes for the mud walk: google image can do the same thing. No need another app for that. And why are you looking anxious, watching behind you on the mud walk back clip? Somebody following you?

Back in mommy's territory, and after a cold jump into disgusting puddles time, what's better than writing to your past self? That's just so... Productive? Or 'cleaning' your glass full of paint in the sink where there's a plate? And use it as a vase after while it's still so dirty? You have enough money and jars in the house to dedicate one for painting. And WHY putting your brushes IN THE WATER like that?! The paper is torn, looks dirty, the whole blue blob ugh... Even the finished product... Just admit that painting isn't your thing or take classes if you really want to progress.

Next day and... Is that a piano in the kitchen..? And a bike in the living room/room with the big window and the armchair? The obsession with coffee will probably stop when you will not play the author anymore and when it'll be time to go back to school... Oops, university, my bad. Then the friends aka future victims of the Granger's cooking... Not the worst part, at least they try to sociabilise a bit sometimes. Ngl, I really want the first book ( The haunting season) she received but why that much children books when you could once again prepare for your next year? I though it was your longtime goal...

I noted the return of the "clean with me" type of content, which was one of the base if the uni/school vlogging so I think we'll have like for Exeter the same type of posts, with study/clean/gross food shopping/horrible cooking vlogs, maybe even dark academia things? Anyways I guess it's the end for the writer Granger character, and the return of the usual student Granger one.

Reactions: 22
Looks like they have a separate fridge for liquids, with a tag on the front saying, "Welcome to the mad house." How quirky and original :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 08.48.14.png

Yep, not content with one of those monster fridge freezers, they have a smaller one right next to it. Whenever this family eats, it's either one of those mumsnet 'picky teas' with tubs of hummus and olives, or paltry baked goods by Ruby. Just how much food storage space do they actually need?

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 08.50.42.png

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Did she actually say she wanted to so some research into "truth" like she's completely unfamiliar with the concept? Because I know she's a pathological liar, but holy hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Looks like they have a separate fridge for liquids, with a tag on the front saying, "Welcome to the mad house." How quirky and original :rolleyes:

View attachment 2083892

Yep, not content with one of those monster fridge freezers, they have a smaller one right next to it. Whenever this family eats, it's either one of those mumsnet 'picky teas' with tubs of hummus and olives, or paltry baked goods by Ruby. Just how much food storage space do they actually need?

View attachment 2083894
An entire separate fridge just for booze is crazy tbh, especially given that Marfa has moved out and they’re just a household of 3 at this point. I think her mum is a big drinker though, if you scroll through her insta she has a drink in hand in at least half of her pics.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I have just watched the Rainy Weekend vlog. I nearly choked on my coffee when she was yammering on about drinking cinnamon tea out of her flask in the middle of nowhere. She is totally that person you see talking to herself in shops or on the street.

P.s. WTF is a beetroot hot chocolate? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Speaking of Mummy Bones...

"My Mum and I had been happily gardening all afternoon in our shared vegetable plot, weeding, raking, hoeing and breaking up the soil. The sun had been shining down on us and the sky was the bluest it had been all year, with the birdsong at full pelt. We were feeling high on life, plus making good ground work and excited to start actually sowing seeds into the blank canvas, which was our carefully prepared soil, when it happened... I trod into an uneven plot hole, twisted my ankle and heard it crack, as I fell over the raised bed and onto a mound of nettles."

Tall tales of disaster and injury in practically every blog entry. It's beyond parody at this point.

"It is weird how everything can change in a split second."

You sprained your ankle, nobody bleeping died. Good lord.

I'm also loving the fact that in this story, Ruby seems to have half-heartedly made an unsuccessful attempt to find some crutches, then just gave up and left her allegedly injured mum outside lying in a nettle bed for an indeterminate time until some time later when Daddy Bones finally dragged her accident-prone ass indoors. And after that, everyone including the dog was looking after her, but Ruby's nowhere to be found.

Last edited:
  • Haha
An entire separate fridge just for booze is crazy tbh, especially given that Marfa has moved out and they’re just a household of 3 at this point. I think her mum is a big drinker though, if you scroll through her insta she has a drink in hand in at least half of her pics.
Yeah I was about to say rich people sometimes have wine cellars in the kitchen but this straight up looks like a bunch of cheap liquor bottles that they keep on hand in the kitchen for easy access lol

Reactions: 11
Working on a novel that nobody will ever publish instead of on books you could need for your Oxford course ?
At university I did an Undergraduate degree in Health and Social Care but then I chose to do a Postgraduate degree in Psychology, as we were still in Lockdown during that time I made sure that in the Summer I revised for the course so that I was up to date with the various topics that I would be learning about and examples of these were: Reading about how to use SPSS to analyse all forms of data and how to report on the results that were found within the data, reading about Thematic Analysis and the 6 steps needed to conduct a good thematic analysis, reading about a Between-Subjects and Within-Subjects Design and what was the difference between them and reading about both Qualitative and Quantitative Research and what the purpose of them both were as well as reading about what data they both use as Qualitative research looks at observation/word data whereas Quantitative Research looks at Numbers/Statistical Data. I also had to make sure that I was up to date with the various theories that I would be learning about and examples of these included Crowd Theory, Social Identity Theory, Moos and Schaefer’s Crisis Theory, Theory of Planned Behaviour and many others.
I also did plenty of reading during the course as we had to discover things on our own terms and report back on what we had found out, for example we had to read several journal articles as it was important to analyse the information/data and report on any inconsistencies within the said data, we also had to discuss this within a group as we talked about what the researcher could have done differently if they had to do the study again.

Reactions: 6
Did she actually say she wanted to so some research into "truth" like she's completely unfamiliar with the concept? Because I know she's a pathological liar, but holy hell.
One of my biggest Ruby pet peeves is when she does 'research' into an irrelevant thing while neglecting more useful activities. This is someone who admits to not checking her emails, yet there she is on camera writing an essay about Biblical proverbs when no one asked. 😅

At university I did an Undergraduate degree in Health and Social Care but then I chose to do a Postgraduate degree in Psychology, as we were still in Lockdown during that time I made sure that in the Summer I revised for the course so that I was up to date with the various topics that I would be learning about and examples of these were: Reading about how to use SPSS to analyse all forms of data and how to report on the results that were found within the data, reading about Thematic Analysis and the 6 steps needed to conduct a good thematic analysis, reading about a Between-Subjects and Within-Subjects Design and what was the difference between them and reading about both Qualitative and Quantitative Research and what the purpose of them both were as well as reading about what data they both use as Qualitative research looks at observation/word data whereas Quantitative Research looks at Numbers/Statistical Data. I also had to make sure that I was up to date with the various theories that I would be learning about and examples of these included Crowd Theory, Social Identity Theory, Moos and Schaefer’s Crisis Theory, Theory of Planned Behaviour and many others.
I also did plenty of reading during the course as we had to discover things on our own terms and report back on what we had found out, for example we had to read several journal articles as it was important to analyse the information/data and report on any inconsistencies within the said data, we also had to discuss this within a group as we talked about what the researcher could have done differently if they had to do the study again.
Yes, if Ruby really wants to do academic work during this break why doesn't she start with some course-related reading? Maybe take notes on a few key texts or even think about dissertation topics. Yeah I know it's really early for that, but those postgrad degrees are short and I still remember how much Ruby struggled to choose a dissertation topic. She even thought about changing it shortly before the deadline iirc? Gave me second hand anxiety at the time lol.

Edited to add: Also found this line really funny: ''My husband later had to give me a piggyback indoors, as I couldn't put any weight on it and am useless at hopping.''

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Maybe take notes on a few key texts or even think about dissertation topics.
Yeah before I even started my Postgraduate degree in Psychology I had already decided what I wanted to do for my dissertation topic as it was an area that interested me as I had focused on the same topic at Undergraduate level, however I found that by doing this topic at postgraduate level it allowed me to find out more about what parents perceptions were towards children's eating habits whereas at Undergraduate level my dissertation focused more on healthy eating initiatives such as Change4Life and Jamie Oliver's 2005 Feed Me Better campaign.

Reactions: 5
Edited to add: Also found this line really funny: ''My husband later had to give me a piggyback indoors, as I couldn't put any weight on it and am useless at hopping.''
Seems she’s useless at everything tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've said this before but Ma Granger is totally one of those woman who has at least one of those tack-tastic porcelain 'dull women have immaculate houses' plaques somewhere, probably given to her as an 'amusing' gift from one of her equally amusing friends. I also reckon there's at least one 'gin o'clock' or 'gindependant woman' tea-towel in that house.
---
Speaking of Mummy Bones...

"My Mum and I had been happily gardening all afternoon in our shared vegetable plot, weeding, raking, hoeing and breaking up the soil. The sun had been shining down on us and the sky was the bluest it had been all year, with the birdsong at full pelt. We were feeling high on life, plus making good ground work and excited to start actually sowing seeds into the blank canvas, which was our carefully prepared soil, when it happened... I trod into an uneven plot hole, twisted my ankle and heard it crack, as I fell over the raised bed and onto a mound of nettles."

Tall tales of disaster and injury in practically every blog entry. It's beyond parody at this point.

"It is weird how everything can change in a split second."

You sprained your ankle, nobody bleeping died. Good lord.

I'm also loving the fact that in this story, Ruby seems to have half-heartedly made an unsuccessful attempt to find some crutches, then just gave up and left her allegedly injured mum outside lying in a nettle bed for an indeterminate time until some time later when Daddy Bones finally dragged her accident-prone ass indoors. And after that, everyone including the dog was looking after her, but Ruby's nowhere to be found.
Ummm, it probably wouldn't have happened if the garden didn't look like a scale-model of the Somme circa 1918, but hey-ho, at least it's generating content.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
“A tomato soup smell arises from his armpits. I inhale. It’s oddly nice. I feel comforted; soothed.”
🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
“A tomato soup smell arises from his armpits. I inhale. It’s oddly nice. I feel comforted; soothed.”
🤢
1680892705895.png

Btw when I visited this... Uh... Intestesting blog I read " I like to write, snuggled up on my red, velvet sofa or at the kitchen table, about what I've been up to, articles, poetry, book reviews and slash fiction. " instead of flash fiction. And was almost disappointed not to find anything like that.

Edit2 : what's with that obsession of hurting herself? She seems to talk about that like A LOT !

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.