Ruby Granger #38 Oh Jesus, Ruby's off to Jesus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About the sheet Ruby put on the between in between the duvet and the bedsheet: I've noticed how some Britons put an extra sheet under the duvet after that has been put in a duvet cover. Continental Europeans usually just have a fitted sheet on the mattress and a duvet cover for the duvet. Perhaps she's putting that extra British sheet in?
Any Britons who can shed light on this?

View attachment 2196897
Sorry for my ugly drawing.
I actually think there's a generational difference with this. It seems more of an old person habit. My grandparents had the extra sheet, but I just have the fitted sheet and duvet cover with no extra layer. I find it uncomfortable to have too many sheets! When it gets hot I don't bother with the duvet at all and just have a light sheet. I'm English btw.

I’m all for flights of fancy, but this is just madness. Who has the time (or indeed, the inclination) to name their individual skin cells? And why would you?

I mean, I scratched my arm just now and said goodbye to Gary, Dave, Colin, Pamela, Janine, Ermentrude (don’t ask) and Clive, it was heartbreaking but their memory will remain with me like a beautiful dream …
Knowing Ruby, she wouldn't just name them, she'd rank them from favourite skin cell to least favourite skin cell. ''Ermentrude is my fyavorat skin cell...''
---
I need this on a t-shirt asap.
I want it on everything - mugs, fridge magnets, tattoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Have we already suggested this monstrosity for the next thread title?

Ruby Granger #39 We don't name and remember our skin cells

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ooo another title suggestion:

Ruby Granger #39: Skin cells? More like we’re losing brain cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This extract gave me goosebumps, and not in a good way. Someone mentioned in this thread that Ruby would write a compelling psychopath and I can't unsee it, especially in the paragraphs where she talks about the body/ body parts. :sick:

View attachment 2196783
"It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again. And I think there's something beautiful in that." - Buffalo Ruby, journal extract, 14/05/1991

I return to the land of roobs for the first time in months and the very 1st thing y'all do is make me read this with my own eye ball cells.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
“I dipped into the valley and suddenly there was stillness. Air, mud and a silent river drifting solemnly towards the sea. It passed beneath me, under the rocks and through the veins of the earth."

For some reason this make me think of being out hiking and needing to squat somewhere private to do a quick wee 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
About the sheet Ruby put on the between in between the duvet and the bedsheet: I've noticed how some Britons put an extra sheet under the duvet after that has been put in a duvet cover. Continental Europeans usually just have a fitted sheet on the mattress and a duvet cover for the duvet. Perhaps she's putting that extra British sheet in?
Any Britons who can shed light on this?

View attachment 2196897
Sorry for my ugly drawing.
I think most Americans do this too! All of the sheet sets I see sold at the store I work at and the ones I use have a fitted sheet, top sheet, and duvet cover. My mom always told me it was to keep the duvet cleaner since it is harder to wash, but it is also nice to sleep just under the sheet when it is really hot at night.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know why Ruby seems to be in such a hurry to get something sent off to her agent?
Can her agent keep rejecting her if Ruby produces another piece of work that's not good?
It just seems bizarre to me that she seems to be in a hurry like sometimes you don't feel inspired and that's okay.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone know why Ruby seems to be in such a hurry to get something sent off to her agent?
Can her agent keep rejecting her if Ruby produces another piece of work that's not good?
It just seems bizarre to me that she seems to be in a hurry like sometimes you don't feel inspired and that's okay.
Because it was her gap-yarh plan to get published, and she’s only got four months to go.

I know we've discussed the 'open tabs' tiktok but I didn't see it until just now. She really thinks she so quirky and cool for having a variety of open tabs. Her teeth and hairline are not looking too healthy.

1685154422389.png

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I know we've discussed the 'open tabs' tiktok but I didn't see it until just now. She really thinks she so quirky and cool for having a variety of open tabs. Her teeth and hairline are not looking too healthy.

View attachment 2198613
I do wonder if going by Ruby's standard if I am cool and quirky for the several hundred I have at the moment on my laptop (essay writing at the moment). That makes me feel slightly less chaotic with them!

Her hairline is going back progressively and it still shocks me when I see photos like this or when you see the hair at the sides thinning. It's like her hair is slowly coming off her head and she's looking like an old doll especially with the fake freckles. I do almost miss that silly fringe that she had as it at least covered her forehead and it wasn't just her hair all at the same length with split ends.

Do you think that Ruby has actually noticed these changes to her hair or is seemingly oblivious to it. I'm just wondering as I feel like I would know as I am very particular about my hair. But I do wonder if Ruby doesn't care too much as she is just scruffy and the fact that she gets complimented just for breathing for her young fans and told her hair looks nice, so she's more likely to focus on the praise.

Do you think that Ruby has actually noticed these changes to her hair or is seemingly oblivious to it. I'm just wondering as I feel like I would know as I am very particular about my hair. But I do wonder if Ruby doesn't care too much as she is just scruffy and the fact that she gets complimented just for breathing for her young fans and told her hair looks nice, so she's more likely to focus on the praise.
I have so many tabs open too and I'm even using Discord in my browser lol. As for her hair, I think she doesn't notice it. Just like she doesn't notice stains on her clothes. Like you suggested, she's a bit scruffy. Personally, I think side swept fringe/bangs would suit her face shape. Especially with the rest of it in an updo. Her teeth are becoming quite discoloured. Obviously that could just be a natural side effect of drinking coffee etc, but if I was making a living out of social media, I would have my teeth whitened a bit every now and then. I mention the teeth just because I do think there is a bit of a health issue going on with them.

I wonder if the gap year has made her depressed. She mentioned a couple of months ago she was struggling with her mental health and even though she’s never been a social butterfly it’s probably been the loneliest year of her life. The Oxford acceptance might be a bit of a sticking plaster but what’s she going to do after finishing her masters?

Reactions: 11
I wonder if the gap year has made her depressed. She mentioned a couple of months ago she was struggling with her mental health and even though she’s never been a social butterfly it’s probably been the loneliest year of her life. The Oxford acceptance might be a bit of a sticking plaster but what’s she going to do after finishing her masters?
I do think that it has as she did seem really lost without studying and with her whole life is being centered around education she was feeling a bit lost. I do think that it was common for those leaving university and education, I did anyway. I think that most people get around it by having a job and filling up the time but Ruby spent the time 'studying,' random things online for the sake of learning.

I think that part of her struggling as well as I think that she still is even with the Oxford acceptance is the fact that she might not have achieved as much as she wanted to do before university. She is desperately trying to get a book written and become a traditionally published author. I think that she expected that she would leave university, work on a book for a few months and then she would have it published for Christmas last year and now, punished before university so she can say that she's accomplished something and stand out with her peers.

She's floundering in her writing and she's had to go on several holidays to help her with the writers block or she's trying to create writing perfection by handwriting some scenes than just typing. She doesn't look that happy when she's speaking about her writing and it's almost like something that she has to do to fill the time than out of actual enjoyment.

Reactions: 18
You could see that coming from a mile away. People here called it the moment she announced she was taking a gap year. She had nothing in her life other than school and no interests other than being a student, it was obvious she would struggle having nothing to do all year

Reactions: 11
guys you're forgetting that her daily to-do lists are to ponder world peace, she's keeping busy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
You could see that coming from a mile away. People here called it the moment she announced she was taking a gap year. She had nothing in her life other than school and no interests other than being a student, it was obvious she would struggle having nothing to do all year
I think that is to simplistic. There is nothing wrong with being a perpetual student. Lots of people never leave uni, they just go from one course to the next, collecting degrees like the Cullens collect high school diplomas. It's a booming fringe subculture. But Ruby doesn't actually enjoy studying any more than she enjoys writing. I think she mentally outgrew the granger lifestyle years ago, but she is too emotionally stunted to try new things and meet new people that she clings onto it even though it no longer serves her as a person. And that's why she is so meloncholic all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.