Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Posting so I donโ€™t have to watch the ads ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
---
Jesus someone has been on the sauce, why are there so many spirits ๐Ÿ’€?
Love how she had to mention that she called her BAST friend Blakeney before actually reading a few lines from her book ("yellow with splinters" what?!).
Also why did she leave she part in the video where she told Google home to stop the music? She did that twice.
I don't know why but her stumbling through the forest and getting slapped by tree branches is the funniest thing to me. Also Kudos to her for finding out that the tree is indeed an European beech. Which is of course know for being one of the rarest tree species in Europe and it's not at all common... No not at all! Queen of British trees who?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ruby's writing sample:

Alyssa would've opened it. If outside beyond the farm she hadn't heard the thunder. Thunder thick and heavy as smoke.
She fumbled. The devil had business on his hand.
Although not particularly superstitious, Alyssa trusted the poets, the myths, not absolutely, but vaguely in the way that you trust your conscience. So instead of opening the letter, she unlocked the cubicle and tucked the stack deep into her bottom drawer, knocking her knuckles so hard that they later stained yellow with splinters.

Just terrible. In lieu of any talent or any ability to write evocative description of foreboding weather, Ruby just rips off 'Tam o' Shanter' by Robert Burns and awkwardly shoves a line from it in where it doesn't make any sense, dumbs it down and makes it infinitely worse.

(The passage she's cribbing from, for reference:

The wind blew as โ€™twad blawn its last;
The rattling showers rose on the blast;
The speedy gleams the darkness swallowโ€™d;
Loud, deep, and lang, the thunder bellowโ€™d:
That night, a child might understand,

The Deil had business on his hand.)

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say this was an attempt at literary allusion rather than plagiarism, but it's a godawful attempt, and the borrowed quote feels so awkwardly shoehorned in a sentence too late. Her agent must be sweating bullets at the prospect of wading through another 300 pages of this tit.

And what's her fixation with characters injuring the skin on their hands in every story she writes? Hands are always scrubbed raw, picked to the bone or bashed to bits. Charting a trajectory of escalation, by the time Ruby finally gets something published, it'll be a story about the most productive girl who ever lived, who just happened to have lost both her hands in separate stationery-related accidents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
And the bleeping mess she made with the almond milk. Why even include that?
It's concerning how gross she says her desk gets in a week when she's the only person using it
Putting these together because the first point explains the second. ๐Ÿ˜

I found this comment among the ones saying that Ruby is living her best life ect. It will probably be removed but it was interesting.
This totally sums it up for me. I know it's meant to be a 'rainy' vlog or whatever, but Ruby's recent videos seem drained of life and colour. Knowing Ruby, she'll probably reply that JANUYUUARY IS MY FAYYVRIT MANTH and people need to 'normalise Januarys'.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I really did NOT want to see her jelly and custard creation. Especially her eating it while she talks so casually about nothing.
---
And she blames the yeast for her hot cross buns fail. If the yeast isn't active, that is her fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 8.28.01 PM.png

Rubes, you're on the video screen of your phone, not the "Facetime Call Ended" screen. She clearly just filmed something on her phone.

I won't be surprised if she "fake-calls" people to look like she has friends. What a creep. Her other friends are either way younger (her cousins) or way other (her parents' friends or family friends). I have a feeling most people in her Oxford's masters course will know her/ will have heard of her...I'm getting second-hand cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
View attachment 2081393

Rubes, you're on the video screen of your phone, not the "Facetime Call Ended" screen. She clearly just filmed something on her phone.

I won't be surprised if she "fake-calls" people to look like she has friends. What a creep. Her other friends are either way younger (her cousins) or way other (her parents' friends or family friends). I have a feeling most people in her Oxford's masters course will know her/ will have heard of her...I'm getting second-hand cringe.
Ruby mentioning her "BASST FRAND BLAKENEY" as much as possible yet never showing any proof that she was there is my favourite unintentional running gag in the Rubyverse. She looks obsessive at best, delusional at worst.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ruby mentioning her "BASST FRAND BLAKENEY" as much as possible yet never showing any proof that she was there is my favourite unintentional running gag in the Rubyverse. She looks obsessive at best, delusional at worst.
It does seem very possessive. Blakeney (voluntarily) spends time with Ruby so their friendship can't be that bad, but declaring someone your 'best' friend repeatedly comes across as very juvenile.

Reactions: 12
y78456467y45745645678676768656768747u - Copy.png

Ruby's delusional stans/alt accounts are out in full force and gaslighting people to defend her incompetence. Oh, and the classic "You're not allowed to criticise [blank] until you've done it yourself!" argument, that's always fun to see.

From 6:10-11:10, the wind is absolutely beating the tit out of her camera/phone mic. This is a recurring issue that people have mentioned before. Even Ruby must've thought it was a problem this time, because she's added subtitles from 8:55-9:10 (but in a true Ruby display of ineptitude, she didn't bother subtitling the other parts of this section that sounded even worst). At 10:10, the audio's completely distorted by wind and rain. But nope, it's just people's devices, Ruby would never make something that was lazy and of poor quality!

It sounds terrible, and there's no excuse for someone who makes their money as a content creator making sponsored videos full of advertisements - someone who keeps moaning that she's a perfectionist, no less - should be making videos that look and sound this bad after 7+ years of practice.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
View attachment 2081428

Ruby's delusional stans/alt accounts are out in full force and gaslighting people to defend her incompetence. Oh, and the classic "You're not allowed to criticise [blank] until you've done it yourself!" argument, that's always fun to see.

From 6:10-11:10, the wind is absolutely beating the tit out of her camera/phone mic. This is a recurring issue that people have mentioned before. Even Ruby must've thought it was a problem this time, because she's added subtitles from 8:55-9:10 (but in a true Ruby display of ineptitude, she didn't bother subtitling the other parts of this section that sounded even worst). At 10:10, the audio's completely distorted by wind and rain. But nope, it's just people's devices, Ruby would never make something that was lazy and of poor quality!

It sounds terrible, and there's no excuse for someone who makes their money as a content creator making sponsored videos full of advertisements - someone who keeps moaning that she's a perfectionist, no less - should be making videos that look and sound this bad after 7+ years of practice.
It sounds absolutely terrible. Its often jarring. She will be talking in her soft voice and then put down her mug while speaking and it makes an awful thump noise. Or classical music sound track that is fairly loud all of a sudden. Not to mention the edits to the voiceover audio where sentences overlap or cut off the final word. There is something wrong with the audio. Its often distorted by wind as you said. The levels are all over the place.
---
For some reason I really like this comment and reply from Roob. It seems kinda unhinged and random. I think there was a breakdown in communication or Roob did her usual half-arsed thing and ended up replying to the wrong comment.
roobs.JPG

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
That is so bleeping depressing that she has to do that to make people think she has friends. I feel like a lot of people are lonely and struggle at keeping in touch with friends during transitional times in their lives like post graduation. Why not be honest about it and maybe make some of your viewers feel better? No, she has to go out of her way to fake a video call that didn't happen to make people believe that she's still bestest friends forever with the person she lived with at uni.

Reactions: 13
That is so bleeping depressing that she has to do that to make people think she has friends. I feel like a lot of people are lonely and struggle at keeping in touch with friends during transitional times in their lives like post graduation. Why not be honest about it and maybe make some of your viewers feel better? No, she has to go out of her way to fake a video call that didn't happen to make people believe that she's still bestest friends forever with the person she lived with at uni.
I mean she probably did video call Blakeney (how awkward would it be if she didn't and her BAAST FRAND saw the video?), but just didn't film anything of it. I feel like she read on here that she does so many things of camera without any prove she actually did them and is now trying to generate prove. Again thinking that her viewers are as thick as smoke (thanks roobs) she just filmed herself looking at her opened camera app and called it a day.

Reactions: 16
I mean she probably did video call Blakeney (how awkward would it be if she didn't and her BAAST FRAND saw the video?), but just didn't film anything of it. I feel like she read on here that she does so many things of camera without any prove she actually did them and is now trying to generate prove. Again thinking that her viewers are as thick as smoke (thanks roobs) she just filmed herself looking at her opened camera app and called it a day.
Yeah, a big chunk of the video is her usual smoke and mirrors to try to show that something JANUINELY happened (or to hide the fact that it didn't), but she's just such an unconvincing liar for someone who lies compulsively.

She pulls one of her regular bits of fakery out of the bag in the outdoors segment. After a few spontaneous outfit changes on this "day", she goes outside, sets up a tripod and camera in the mud and films this establishing shot of herself awkwardly trudging around in the mud like an idiot:

y78456467y45745645678676768678056768747u - Copy.jpg

Then after wandering fields, yammering her utterly meaningless casual magic drivel about the weather, she claims she stood in the rain reading for so long that her camera battery drained completely. It doesn't take much familiarity with Ruby's lies, or with basic reality and common sense to know that that never happened. "My camera died" is a classic Ruby clichรฉ when she's unable to prove that something that never happened happened.

Ruby claims she read so long while filming that her camera died, so there should be plenty of footage for a time-lapse of her reading, yet there's suspiciously no footage at all. Interesting... And if there were any doubt, Ruby tangles herself in even more lies.

y78456467y457456467865678676768678799056768747u - Copy.jpg

"But I did get some clips on my phone!" Ruby adds, because she needs some kind of flimsy explanation for why she has:

A.) No footage of this magical, VARRY PRODOCKTIVE rain-drenched readathon that she claims JANUINELY happened.
But B.) Several more shots of her pissing around out on her walk when her camera was supposedly dead.

First she does her usual bad trick of showing the exact same shot as earlier, but with herself walking in the other direction. She does this in most of her videos. This was clearly filmed on her camera mounted on a tripod and was blatantly filmed earlier anyway, yet Ruby claims it was filmed after.

The identical shots are easy to spot and highlight how staged her videos are, and it just conjures the hilarious image of Ruby aimlessly trudging back and forth, slipping across the same 20 foot stretch of mud to play pretend for the camera while claiming she's living in the moment.

y78456467y4574564678656786767684564567876868990567997768747u - Copy.png

She then tosses in a bad snippet of her reading aloud from the wildlife book. It sounds terrible, thanks to lashing wind and a mangled fake accent. But conspicuously, the book she claims she'd been stood in the rain reading for long enough for her battery to die only has a few spots of rain on it.

She adds in a couple of vertical aspect ratio shots of birds that were likely filmed on her phone.

y78456467y45745646786567867676867876868990567997768747u - Copy.png

But then she can't resist including some footage of herself yammering about the rain again. In footage that was clearly filmed on her usual camera.

All of this blatant stupidity and transparent lies would've been easily avoidable. All she had to do was simply not claim she sat out in the rain reading for hours when it clearly didn't happen. She didn't need to repeat the same establishing shot, either, like she always does. It doesn't look anything but stupid and lazy, and viewers aren't going to be scratching their heads wondering how she got from point A to point B without it, especially with how little sense the rest of her videos make in their depiction of time and logistics.

But she just can't stop lying to try to make herself seem impressive, and she can't be bothered putting any effort into making her lies believable, and it catches her out every single time.

Reactions: 12
That image of her reading this lovely old book in the rain and getting the pages wet caused me physical pain!

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I say bring on the Oxford vlogs. There'll be so much for us to unpack ๐Ÿคฃ Nearer the time we should set up a 'Ruby vlogs Oxford' bingo card.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I say bring on the Oxford vlogs. There'll be so much for us to unpack ๐Ÿคฃ Nearer the time we should set up a Ruby vlogs Oxford bingo card.
Day 1: "It's important that we romanticise everything about Oxford University."
Day 2: "It's important that we normalise going home on your second day at Oxford University."
Day 37: "It's important that we normalise spending your first month at Oxford University at home in another county."
Day 46: "Oxford University is keeping us from learning."

• Haha
Reactions: 34
does anyone know what her parents do? cause my working class arse is jealous of her family home ngl they seems rich

Reactions: 6
does anyone know what her parents do? cause my working class arse is jealous of her family home ngl they seems rich
Her dad is a derivatives trader and I think her mum was an aromatherapist or something at one point

Reactions: 3
Dad works in finance (options broker), her mum used to work in specsavers but i guess she quit because their dad got wealthy. They are very well off bit as far as i can tell her parents arent really posh, her cousins and grandparents houses seem very ordinary and shes mentioned shes the 1st person in her family to go to university.
Iโ€™d say her dad is definitely one of those lucky people who bought a house in London in the 80s/early 90s for next to nothing then sold it for a million in the 2000s. They moved to their current house from London when Ruby was 7 I believe.
its mentioned on here that her dad has illegal offshore accounts, not sure is there is proof or not?

Reactions: 13
Dad works in finance (options broker), her mum used to work in specsavers but i guess she quit because their dad got wealthy. They are very well off bit as far as i can tell her parents arent really posh, her cousins and grandparents houses seem very ordinary and shes mentioned shes the 1st person in her family to go to university.
Iโ€™d say her dad is definitely one of those lucky people who bought a house in London in the 80s/early 90s for next to nothing then sold it for a million in the 2000s. They moved to their current house from London when Ruby was 7 I believe.
its mentioned on here that her dad has illegal offshore accounts, not sure is there is proof or not?
This is his business on companies house. Iโ€™m not an expert on this sort of thing so perhaps others could offer a bit more insight, but it seems to me like the family is bleeping minted.

59994ED4-EF63-4910-8E3A-F07E4C0B2A36.jpeg
When you look at the sort of money he was making and the amount of tax he was paying (and this is from 2005, so the value back then wouldโ€™ve been a lot higher), itโ€™s easy to see why he made the decision to set up in a tax haven instead ๐Ÿ˜‚.

ETA does anyone know why you canโ€™t see any of the accounts past 2007?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.