Ruby Granger #37 You can still get one while you can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh goody, another masterpiece about weather, it’s like she’s preparing for the Mediocrity Olympics

View attachment 2061915
Flowery nonsense crap.

Example:
The drifting mists..... drift. Yeah, we got that part the first time around. Why are you repeating yourself? No words? No idea what you are doing?
If the mist "skim away", wtf is "lingering there"? It can't. It already left. You said it skimmed away. Gone. Over. Finis.

She is still writing her ridiculous immature poetry. Nothing like this will ever get published. It is pure crap and nothing more. Did she ever take a creative writing class? Has she ever had anyone objectively critique her work? All she has here is a train of adjectives with absolutely no point. Poetry means something. It isn't about writing a bunch of words in a string leading one down into oblivion.

Reactions: 13
This is the whole ‘my first essay mark’ thing all over again - her acting like she’s being punished for ‘taking a chance’/‘experimenting’. No, Ruby, it just sucks. Your editor used the word ‘experimental’ as a euphemism.

Reactions: 56
I hope that book doesn't involve another weird friendship between an older school child and a younger one. Which GCSE student is interested in the disappearance of a NINE year old?

Reactions: 14
"Quite experimental"?

Amelie Dickason is the twalve year old Victorian ghost who comes to haunt the Drones household in Beddingtonshire. She leaves gifts of poetry and dead flies for the family, and helps the gifted daughter, Truby to fulfil her dreams of studying at Oxstead univarsity.

Reactions: 39
Her only techniques in her poetry are listing in threes and a bit of alliteration/assonance. She says absolutely fuck all.

Reactions: 19
I'm just waiting for the dark academia wardrobe, the setting up my light academia desk x 1000

Reactions: 20
Is she talking about the Lottie Parton one or has Penelope Peppermint also been scrapped?

Reactions: 12
Is she talking about the Lottie Parton one or has Penelope Peppermint also been scrapped?
I got the impression this was PANNALOPPEE PAPPERMANT, her Lemony Snickett ripoff. So she's pulled Lottie Parton because she got nothing but rejections and now her agent wouldn't even touch her next attempt. At what point is her agent going to cut their losses and ditch her?

Reactions: 16
Thank you for sharing your story with us here. I hope you’re proud of how far you have come and how much you’ve matured. You’re crushing it xx

Reactions: 16
Thank you for sharing your story with us here. I hope you’re proud of how far you have come and how much you’ve matured. You’re crushing it xx
Those of us who watch Ruby are often bookish people/were bookish introverted kids- I love this thread, we’re like a secret community of outsiders who prefer booktube to Molly Mae, it’s full of such interesting people Just wish we had someone better to look up to than Ruby!

Reactions: 25
I can't help but think whenever I see a picture of Ruby pre 2020, she looks so unhealthy now- gaunt is the best way I can describe it. I don't know whether that's her physical health or the mental toll of university, but I cant imagine Oxford will be good for her at all. I feel like you'd need to be pretty mentally healthy to cope with the workload (anyone remember how Eve Bennett, who's always seemed pretty well rounded, really struggled with mental health in her first year?)

Has Roob ever read and shared a review or response to The Secret History? I can't remember. Pondering it now because of her potentially entering her dark macadamia era

Reactions: 1
Hang on, but this bit is very original. “...we breathe, through these, our mizzled farts.” I wonder if this is about the rainy day she trapped Blakeney in the old van and force fed her kombucha.

Reactions: 19
What do we think her inevitable Oxford Lookbook style will be?

I guess her wardrobe will include: -

- straw boater hat
- crumpled blazers
- the Miss Patina coooooo-lotts
- the clumpy brown lace up shoes
- blouses with comically oversized collars
- tangled long hair

Reactions: 26
Don’t forget her old musty, crusty, dusty brown doc martens that should’ve been binned about 5 years ago ! No Ruby granger outfit is complete without those.

Reactions: 8
For someone who loves dark macademia, I'm surprised she doesn't write cursive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.