Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby Granger #37 Writing Clueless Rhymes in Cloudless Climes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Ooh time for 💫✨engagement💫✨ definitely not at all repetitive 🙄

View attachment 2009409
Nooo this has got to be self-parody!

She’s entered her Dadaist era. ”You can still get one while you can x”

Or she could be referring to the fact that it’s physically possible to spend money on a pile of flimsy crap whilst you’re doing something actually useful, such as preserving fruits and vegetables in cans or jars. At this point, who the duck knows. Eat a meal, Roobee, your remaining 2 brain cells will thank you for it.

View attachment 2009365

edit: what is she looking at in this picture? It’s not the screen. It’s not the mug. Is there a pile of charity cash floating just outside the window?
I think she just wanted an excuse to dress in school uniform again.

Reactions: 3
If ruby was only doing her traditional job and it was something like spending a few hours a week helping in English lessons, why was she listed as a 'teacher,' ? I wouldn't have classified her as being one, maybe a teaching assistant at most but I felt odd with her being called a 'teacher '
She isn’t listed as a teacher. She’s on the staff list but so is everyone else, I’d guess it’s just something the school do to make it look like they have lots of academic staff. On a more practical note, state schools legally have to publish certain things online. I’m not sure if a staff list is one of those things (and independent schools aren’t subject to the same requirements as state schools) but I’d guess they do this because it’s sensible, and I think you have to have a staff list available for any inspections.

Reactions: 8
Erimentha Parker Chapter 21 - Sorry for the delay! Just a warning, this chapter kind of made me feel crap. It really highlights the whole golden child and forgotten one, as well as touching on using a teacher as a maternal figure not an actual parent. Very much reminded me of my broken childhood so maybe skip this summary if that might upset you.

Plot -
- Due to her horrific injury mum lets Ruby have the day of school. Usually Ruby would straight up refuse this but she is glad to have a day off from Kimberly
- Ruby and mum walk Nathan to the primary school. Ruby obviously does not care about her younger brother but is hoping she can go and say hello to an old teacher of hers
- Ruby and Nathan race to the end of the world. Nathan wins and Ruby pats him on the back, presumably while making a mental to do list of all the ways she could break his legs
- Ruby goes to tell Nathan a fact and he tells her not to. Mum then tells Nathan off for this, despite him being only 8 and probably always feeling inferior due to his parents praising his older sister and then forgetting he actually exists. I really hope this bit isn't based of Ruby and Martha.
- We get a small bit of background on Ruby's parents. They met at York university during exam season when Mum studied psychology and dad studied English.
- Ruby decides to go into the primary school to talk to her old teacher who she describes as a maternal figure she could tell anything to. Ruby lets the teacher know there has been some unkindness from other pupils. The teacher asks her to do hr best to get it sorted as she doesn't deserve to be treated this way and urges her to tell someone.

Quotes -
- Mum asks Ruby if she wants some Calpol - "I shake my head, "I read that you can become immune to pain if you take them too regularly. I'm not feeling dreadful and so would rather save them"
- "Nathan and I race to the end of the road, my plait bouncing on my back and my eyes streaming from the cold. He wins and I pat him on the back encouragingly, bending over in my laughter, unable to even pinpoint the source of my sudden joy"
- "Did you know -" I begin but Nathan cuts me off. "No more facts!" he laughs, pushing my shoulder slightly. I know he is joking but I am painfully reminded of Kimberly's words the weekend before last and fall silent. "Don't be mean, Nathan," Mum says sharply, noticing my withdrawal. "We love Erimentha's little factoids"
- "They met at York over a particularly strenuous examination season. It sounds terribly romantic and, despite being somewhat critical of the very idea of love, I have asked Mum to recount the tale many a time"
- "There is something rather unnerving about trawling through a field of children, knowing you are separate from them. I seem to blend in well enough amongst their coloured coats and know that my height could quite easily pass me as a year five but I am still cautious."
- "I turn around to see Mrs Luton. Nothing about her seems to have changed. She holds her hands together in front of her stomach and her head is tilted to the left, a smile peeking out from the corner of her lips. Even her clothes are the same. She's wearing her signature purple skirt with a thick khaki cardigan. Her over-sized glasses and slight wrinkles establish her as a maternal figure"

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Mum asks Ruby if she wants some Calpol - "I shake my head, "I read that you can become immune to pain if you take them too regularly. I'm not feeling dreadful and so would rather save them"
I mean you can’t become ‘immune’ to any analgesic drug, if she means you can develop tolerance to certain pain then yeah, but that’s definitely not true of paracetamol lmfao.

Reactions: 14
I'm kinda bored so here's a compilation of some of the most atrocious best outfits proudly wore by Roobee through the years, also some pieces of the well known collection "I never wear denims, I don't like that". I note that Ruby goes from the boarding schoolgirl to the grandma with sometimes a more 80/90s mom look ( that one is too rare sadly) inspiration. The one where she seems to pretend playing tennis is rather nice tbh, just like the one with the orange and cream striped tshirt. The coral jacket with a floral skirt would be if not wore with birkenstock, wich look like grandpas sandals ( I said what I said, sorry birkenstock fans, these are like the Ugg boots, overrated.)

I didn't include the black tube dress as it's probably not Ruby's choice.

Now I hesitate about making a compilation for mommy granger and daddy bones, it's not everyday you see an older Sirius Black.
roobster fashion 3.jpg
roobster fashion 2.jpg
roobster fashion 1.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm kinda bored so here's a compilation of some of the most atrocious best outfits proudly wore by Roobee through the years, also some pieces of the well known collection "I never wear denims, I don't like that". I note that Ruby goes from the boarding schoolgirl to the grandma with sometimes a more 80/90s mom look ( that one is too rare sadly) inspiration. The one where she seems to pretend playing tennis is rather nice tbh, just like the one with the orange and cream striped tshirt. The coral jacket with a floral skirt would be if not wore with birkenstock, wich look like grandpas sandals ( I said what I said, sorry birkenstock fans, these are like the Ugg boots, overrated.)

Now I hesitate about making a compilation for mommy granger and daddy bones, it's not everyday you see an older Sirius Black.
View attachment 2010319View attachment 2010320View attachment 2010321
In pictures 26 & 28 Ruby seems to be wearing the sane cardigan. I assume in picture 28 she's wearing it buttoned d9wn the back. In which case maybe she just 0ut it on to take the photo as surely she didn't actually go around like that?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
In pictures 26 & 28 Ruby seems to be wearing the sane cardigan. I assume in picture 28 she's wearing it buttoned d9wn the back. In which case maybe she just 0ut it on to take the photo as surely she didn't actually go around like that?
God I can't unsee it now... I didn't even notice!

fashion! Looking good and feeling fine
---
Some of these meals remind me of what was being cooked up in the Granger studio flat during her uni days (albeit with a 90% reduction in portion size). I could definitely imagine her still plating these up for her long suffering parents if she weren’t so lazy

Attachments

Last edited:
I mean you can’t become ‘immune’ to any analgesic drug, if she means you can develop tolerance to certain pain then yeah, but that’s definitely not true of paracetamol lmfao.
UGH she’s definitely one of those twats who complains about their SPLITTING HEADACHE but wouldn’t dare put CHEMICALS into their body in the form of pain 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 18

You can see the sharp decline in her outfits. She looked so much better when she didn't cosplay Anne of Green Gables everyday

Reactions: 11
It's funny that they're all food-themed spicy novels lol.
99-096769.jpg

I like that after like 4 pages of nothing but Wattpad-level smut, there's just Polar: The Titanic Bear and The Famous Five: Five on a Treasure Island in there randomly.

And even more hilariously, the covers all line up. The Famous Five kids apparently just discovered something about themselves gazing upon these majestic buff men, while The Titanic Bear's eyeing up shirtless dude with a "Well, hello there..." look of curious interest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 2010847

I like that after like 4 pages of nothing but Wattpad-level smut, there's just Polar: The Titanic Bear and The Famous Five: Five on a Treasure Island in there randomly.

And even more hilariously, the covers all line up. The Famous Five kids apparently just discovered something about themselves gazing upon these majestic buff men, while The Titanic Bear's eyeing up shirtless dude with a "Well, hello there..." look of curious interest.
This basically shows that Roobee's fan base has moved on (to smut) while she has not.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
UGH she’s definitely one of those twats who complains about their SPLITTING HEADACHE but wouldn’t dare put CHEMICALS into their body in the form of pain 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yeah lmfao, the types who think that they’re somehow stronger and more resilient than other people because they refuse to take one 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't remember which video, but in one of her bag tours doesn't she mention that she carries pain for her friends but never takes them herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I KNEW SHE WOULD REFERENCE MONT BLANC BY SHELLEY, I'm mad at myself for not calling it earlier in the thread 😂

Reactions: 7
I don't remember which video, but in one of her bag tours doesn't she mention that she carries pain for her friends but never takes them herself?
it’s petty but it’s such a bugbear of mine 😂 like why is she taking the moral high ground over me because I won’t deny myself pain relief

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.