Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we actually seen her ski? I mean, move across the snow in any manner besides still posing? Since her family is always filming for her, how come we haven't seen her going down a slope? Is this just another cosplay for her, another pretend identity? Because, when you think of how clumsy she is when she does gymnastics and how stiff she walks, I can't quite see her as being adept on skis, and skiing is pretty risky. I would like to see her hitting the slopes and see how she manages, tbh.
Good point. So far she has made sure to re-create a vintage ski poster, POV looking down from the lift (which honestly could've been anyone's skis) and mentioning in a comment that its been 8 years since she has been skiing. She also mentioned that she lost control and knocked into some people lol. My honest opinion is that she can not ski at all. Just like her ballet, gymnastics and surfing. Its all performative, photo-ops.

Reactions: 10
Increasingly, I don’t believe that it was a ‘traditional job’ - or at least, not in the way that most of us would understand it. I get the impression that Ruby probably wasn’t even being paid, but had offered her time for a few hours a week, presumably for something to put on her Master’s application to look like she actually did something with her year off. She’s been so shifty about this job. I completely appreciate that there’s a limited amount that she could share but she seems to have been working for at most three hours a day, for two days a week, for half a term. Maybe the holiday was pre-booked but I wouldn’t call what she’s been doing a job, it’s much more like voluntary work.
It's the reason why she also volunteered to do that social media "strategy" thing for the Emily Dickinson museum. A regular volunteer wouldn't have the access she had and she most likely made a donation as well. It was all probably in exchange for being able to add it to her masters application. A combination of wealth and nepotism just makes opportunities easier to access. Someone here said that everything she does makes her look good on paper.

Reactions: 16
I actually agree with this comment critiquing Roob's poem. However, wtf is Roob on about in her reply. Distinct? What? I like that someone has asked her to explain. Maybe its a spelling error?

View attachment 2012132
---
And it kinda pisses me off that she snubs her nose at the Prada storefront, when she is in Milan and Prada was literally founded in Milan.

Yeah and as I said the Galleria isn't an old church or a palace that used to have a different function and is now dedicated to shops (not that that would necessarily be so horrifying - buildings change function, all throughout history). It has always been a sort of open-air mall. It's literally considered one of the first examples of a mall, a dedicated space for shops and cafès. That doesn't undermine its beauty because it's what it was always supposed to be. Personally I like it even more than the Duomo. I used to walk through it every day for work and in the early morning when there are no tourists around it's wonderful.
She's just mad because instead of vintage libraries or bakeries (which, again, are still there: many of the shops in the Galleria have been there the whole time) there are also Moncler or Prada or Louis Vuitton and it doesn't mesh with her expectations.

Reactions: 20
Didn't Ruby used to watch the Duggars show (or a similar one) because she loved how "wholesome" it was?
I wish I was shocked but she's one meltdown away from being a Christian cult member.

Reactions: 11
It's the reason why she also volunteered to do that social media "strategy" thing for the Emily Dickinson museum. A regular volunteer wouldn't have the access she had and she most likely made a donation as well.
I don't think she'll have donated a penny, personally. She'd have been screaming from the rooftops about it if she had instead of refusing to confirm if she actually paid for anything herself when she was asked if it was sponsored.

I expect she'll have contacted the museum, talked up how she has 700,000 subscribers, is SOCH A HYOOJ AMMILY DICKINSON FAN and would love to visit and see everything the museum has to offer to show it to her huge following. They said yes and she got free VIP tours and $200 writing experience perks in exchange for advertising the museum. It was just an undeclared ad dressed up as a job and another opportunity she earned through privilege.

The only thing she'll have paid for herself would be flights and accommodation. That's another benefit of her privileged circumstances - the average person would never have a spare 2 weeks and £3,000 to blow on a museum visit to pad their CV. Plus she will have undoubtedly claimed back her flights and accommodation as business expenses since they were for "YEECHEEB WAAHRK".

It's also no coincidence that with anything she's ever done that she's ever claimed was work (Pumpkin Bread Activity, the museum thing, her teaching job, her JHAUN JAHRMAYNN transcription internship, etc.), she's been extremely cagey, avoided saying what she actually did, embellished wildly about the nature of her role and how involved she was or just outright lied about it.

She's never done even half a day's work in her entire life, but her CV says she's a CEO, teacher, researcher, voice actor, charity ambassador, social media strategist, lion tamer, deep-sea diver, the third person into space (when she was TWALVE!), inventor of the candle snuffer, first person to colonise Australia (WHAN SHE WAS TWALVE), founder of Unicef, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (AT TWALVE!!!), 17-time Poet Laureate, Emily Dickinson's ghost writer, recipient of the Victoria Cross for outstanding valour in combat, and god knows what else. It's all just fake jobs, sham vanity gigs created by her management or woefully low-effort, unimpressive projects that she's embellished beyond reality.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Erientha Parker Chapters 22 and 23:

Plot -
- Once back home Ruby finds she has received a letter from grandmama. She tells Ruby about her time at school and how she found a friend so Ruby can find one two if she takes the time to look.
- Ruby writes a list of people at school who are similar to her. It contains Ella (the girl two years younger than her with the mouse face), Simone (who likes geography) and her teacher Miss Solomon. After thinking harder she can think of more things such as she is similar to Ally because they both have hand sanitiser, her and June both use Stabilo swing cool highlighters and both her and Izzy don't like ice cream. The only one she can't find similarities with is Kimberly
- After lunch mum drives Ruby to the beach and she takes some photos. Then they go to get scones and tea from the cafe. Ruby buys a badger shaped tea light holder
- Turns out Ruby's father does exist as he is mentioned in this chapter! Only because Ruby reminds him he needs to put up a wind turbine in the garden.
- In the evening Ruby wants to watch a documentary on Calvinism and forces her parents to watch it with her. To be ultra productive Ruby knits at the same time. Ruby's dad comments on how lucky they are to have Ruby because she wanted to watch a documentary. Nathan is not mentioned so either they forgot to pick him up from school or just decided to leave him in the shed as he didn't fit into their family aesthetic.
- When Ruby wakes up she makes some notes from a weather book and spends some time wishing Kimberly won't do anything nasty today.
- On the bus to school Ruby listens to a podcast on farming in the seventeenth century. Ally is sat behind her and asks Ruby if she is feeling better and says Kimberly shouldn't have hit the ball at her

Quotes -
- "The corners of the paper protrude slightly, like bubblegum, so I use my forefingers to smooth down the imperfections".
- "I sit down at my desk and take out a piece of faux-parchment paper to compose a list. In John Agard's 'Book', I read that real parament was actually the product of dried animal skin and since then I have always made sure to specify that my parchment is fake!"
- "I gaze out of the window at the thinning hedgerows, so barren of leaves now that there are large holes poking through the thicket. it is like a collection of sticks gathered for a campfire, arranged carefully into extensive, climbing rows".
- [The leaves] "have formed the most magnificent array of colour - crimson, canary and dijon holding each other tightly in an effort to keep warm."
- "I spot a particulalry charming alder tree, its translucent canary foliage almost completely intact"
- "They intertwine as tough fingertips, the spindly twigs crossing over each other in what appears to be a child's pinky promise"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
It's still beyond hilarious to me that not only did Ruby (allegedly) proofread and edit this before publishing it, she was still editing it 2 years after release and that was the best she could do.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Plot -
- Once back home Ruby finds she has received a letter from grandmama. She tells Ruby about her time at school and how she found a friend so Ruby can find one two if she takes the time to look.
- Ruby writes a list of people at school who are similar to her. It contains Ella (the girl two years younger than her with the mouse face), Simone (who likes geography) and her teacher Miss Solomon. After thinking harder she can think of more things such as she is similar to Ally because they both have hand sanitiser, her and June both use Stabilo swing cool highlighters and both her and Izzy don't like ice cream. The only one she can't find similarities with is Kimberly
- After lunch mum drives Ruby to the beach and she takes some photos. Then they go to get scones and tea from the cafe. Ruby buys a badger shaped tea light holder
- Turns out Ruby's father does exist as he is mentioned in this chapter! Only because Ruby reminds him he needs to put up a wind turbine in the garden.
- In the evening Ruby wants to watch a documentary on Calvinism and forces her parents to watch it with her. To be ultra productive Ruby knits at the same time. Ruby's dad comments on how lucky they are to have Ruby because she wanted to watch a documentary. Nathan is not mentioned so either they forgot to pick him up from school or just decided to leave him in the shed as he didn't fit into their family aesthetic.
- When Ruby wakes up she makes some notes from a weather book and spends some time wishing Kimberly won't do anything nasty today.
- On the bus to school Ruby listens to a podcast on farming in the seventeenth century. Ally is sat behind her and asks Ruby if she is feeling better and says Kimberly shouldn't have hit the ball at her

Quotes -
- "The corners of the paper protrude slightly, like bubblegum, so I use my forefingers to smooth down the imperfections".
- "I sit down at my desk and take out a piece of faux-parchment paper to compose a list. In John Agard's 'Book', I read that real parament was actually the product of dried animal skin and since then I have always made sure to specify that my parchment is fake!"
- "I gaze out of the window at the thinning hedgerows, so barren of leaves now that there are large holes poking through the thicket. it is like a collection of sticks gathered for a campfire, arranged carefully into extensive, climbing rows".
- [The leaves] "have formed the most magnificent array of colour - crimson, canary and dijon holding each other tightly in an effort to keep warm."
- "I spot a particulalry charming alder tree, its translucent canary foliage almost completely intact"
- "They intertwine as tough fingertips, the spindly twigs crossing over each other in what appears to be a child's pinky promise"
As if an eleven-year-old, however precocious, would say the words used in this book.

Reactions: 5
Ruby likes the boarding school setting. Why am I not surprised?

View attachment 2013018
Hmm, back on the YA boarding school murder mysteries... Is she back to the drawing board on Lottie Parton and ripping more stuff off?

This is another thing that always interests me about Ruby's self-insert, wish fulfilment writing: Her dad's always mysteriously absent, completely forgotten or banished from the family entirely.

In Erimentha she forgot that her dad was a character and in the synopsis of Lottie Parton, she'd divorced her parents and then sent her step-dad on an extended holiday seemingly so he didn't have to write any new fatherly scenes when recycling Erimentha's plot.

Given how all the other relationships seem to be exaggerated versions of her own family dynamics, it's a little odd to say the least.

Reactions: 22
I don't think she'll have donated a penny, personally. She'd have been screaming from the rooftops about it if she had instead of refusing to confirm if she actually paid for anything herself when she was asked if it was sponsored.

I expect she'll have contacted the museum, talked up how she has 700,000 subscribers, is SOCH A HYOOJ AMMILY DICKINSON FAN and would love to visit and see everything the museum has to offer to show it to her huge following. They said yes and she got free VIP tours and $200 writing experience perks in exchange for advertising the museum. It was just an undeclared ad dressed up as a job and another opportunity she earned through privilege.

The only thing she'll have paid for herself would be flights and accommodation. That's another benefit of her privileged circumstances - the average person would never have a spare 2 weeks and £3,000 to blow on a museum visit to pad their CV. Plus she will have undoubtedly claimed back her flights and accommodation as business expenses since they were for "YEECHEEB WAAHRK".

It's also no coincidence that with anything she's ever done that she's ever claimed was work (Pumpkin Bread Activity, the museum thing, her teaching job, her JHAUN JAHRMAYNN transcription internship, etc.), she's been extremely cagey, avoided saying what she actually did, embellished wildly about the nature of her role and how involved she was or just outright lied about it.

She's never done even half a day's work in her entire life, but her CV says she's a CEO, teacher, researcher, voice actor, charity ambassador, social media strategist, lion tamer, deep-sea diver, the third person into space (when she was TWALVE!), inventor of the candle snuffer, first person to colonise Australia (WHAN SHE WAS TWALVE), founder of Unicef, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (AT TWALVE!!!), 17-time Poet Laureate, Emily Dickinson's ghost writer, recipient of the Victoria Cross for outstanding valour in combat, and god knows what else. It's all just fake jobs, sham vanity gigs created by her management or woefully low-effort, unimpressive projects that she's embellished beyond reality.
Maybe it just still hurts because I actually had to sit down and finish doing my taxes for 2021 before sending the file to the tax office, a task I hate because it's so boring and confusing (think Bernard in Black Books attempting to do his accounts. That's me getting my tax forms sorted) But I really can't see her sitting down and filling in a tax form, that would be waaaay too grown-up for her! Only adults file taxes.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe it just still hurts because I actually had to sit down and finish doing my taxes for 2021 before sending the file to the tax office, a task I hate because it's so boring and confusing (think Bernard in Black Books attempting to do his accounts. That's me getting my tax forms sorted) But I really can't see her sitting down and filling in a tax form, that would be waaaay too grown-up for her! Only adults file taxes.
Oh, she definitely won't be doing it herself, but she has an accountant either privately or through her management. Probably a friend of her dad's for maximum tax loophole shenanigans. I think she's mentioned in older videos having to email someone with details of her expenses for something YouTube related.

Reactions: 12
Oh, she definitely won't be doing it herself, but she has an accountant either privately or through her management. Probably a friend of her dad's for maximum tax loophole shenanigans. I think she's mentioned in older videos having to email someone with details of her expenses for something YouTube related.
Exactly, if her dad already has offshore companies (for tax avoidance), I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Reactions: 7

Plot -

Quotes -
So, reading these quotes LostGhosts so generously provides, I realized that she relied too heavily on similes (everything is like something) to make her sentences literary. And most of the time, those similes don't work because either the comparison is just weird or so very obvious that it borders on tautology. Now, her current writing is literally the same, except she avoids using like or as or whatever. So now she writes more ambiguously but with the same level of incompetence and unearned confidence. And I must admit I take her to be my inspiration for continuing to learn foreign languages. This girl is fighting for her life when she is using her native tongue, I am allowed to make mistakes with my English and German.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thanks @LostGhosts for your summary of Rube's autobiography sorry I meant novel. She obviously thinks herself quite the novelist. Message to Rubes if you're sniffing about here. No, Rubes, no (imo) you're not a very skilled writer. Your descriptive passages are pathetic and really aren't too far removed from the sort of stuff I wrote in year 6, 7, 8 or 9. My mum kept a rather pretentious poem I wrote at age 10 all about the colour red. Sadly it reminds me of your current efforts. Your writing is too try hard and you are, imo, decidedly more dumbass than genius.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So, reading these quotes LostGhosts so generously provides, I realized that she relied too heavily on similes (everything is like something) to make her sentences literary. And most of the time, those similes don't work because either the comparison is just weird or so very obvious that it borders on tautology. Now, her current writing is literally the same, except she avoids using like or as or whatever. So now she writes more ambiguously but with the same level of incompetence and unearned confidence. And I must admit I take her to be my inspiration for continuing to learn foreign languages. This girl is fighting for her life when she is using her native tongue, I am allowed to make mistakes with my English and German.
I feel like similes are very dangerous to use in writing because they can take your piece straight into insufferable pretentiousness territory very easily if you use them too much or if they are too complicated. Like imo similes should feel effortless and far between. Sometimes with bad writing you come across similes that really feel like the author sat there for 15 minutes thinking of that particular image, and then was very proud of it and smiled to themselves as they wrote it down, and it immediately makes me roll my eyes lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
There's another clip of her running/twirling in the garden in the snow, god help me

Reactions: 11
She decided to make what remains of the cottage she and Jade stayed in after the gas explosion her wallpaper. How creative and prodigy-like!

-.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.