Ruby Granger #36 Pumpkin Bread Activity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah she will be doing her Master's at Oxford University.
Tbh I refuse to believe it until she states it outright. It's mind-boggling, this girl has the functional literacy of a newt and she's not even afraid to publicly flaunt it several times a day

Reactions: 26
Sadly if she does get into Oxford it appears/seems with the evidence we have that getting a first & spending time & money buying your lecturers presents is all it takes (obviously I allude hete to my perception that this is brown nosing). If she does get into Oxford my perception that it is a discriminating educational establishment will be forever smashed. Yet another preconceived notion will have bitten the dust.

Reactions: 15
Well many people have mentioned it’s quite easy to get accepted for masters at oxford. Even easier if you choose less popular course.

Well many people have mentioned it’s quite easy to get accepted for masters at oxford. Even easier if you choose less popular course.
As I said my perception is shattered. Actually maybe
only a select few can afford this. The rest of us will be paying back loans until we're 78 😕

Reactions: 12
I mean, you can adjust the odds a bit by being strategic about your choice, sure, but I'd expect that you'd still have to demonstrate at least some critical thinking skills, and whatever she's put out there these past few months has been just painfully embarrassing 😬

Reactions: 11
I'm not surprised, I was thinking 70/30 she'd get in considering her background and Exeter transcripts. It will be interesting to see how much she's challenged. I'm ready for more content that takes her out of the Bones manor.

Reactions: 9
I’m hoping the staff at oxford will be at least a little bit more critical and demanding of her

Reactions: 22
Sadly if she does get into Oxford it appears/seems with the evidence we have that getting a first & spending time & money buying your lecturers presents is all it takes (obviously I allude hete to my perception that this is brown nosing). If she does get into Oxford my perception that it is a discriminating educational establishment will be forever smashed. Yet another preconceived notion will have bitten the dust.
If by some miracle she gets in, it'll be the worst thing that could happen to her.

She won't have the benefit of Exeter's grade inflation to boost her grades and she won't have Blakeney there to do half her work for her.

Exeter have set her up to expect an easy ride. At Oxford, she'll be held up to a much higher standard than she's used to and will have to be far more reliant on independent thought and critical ability, which she's completely incapable of.

This is someone who cries on the internet when she forgets to order one of the required textbooks and has to made so with a (gasp) audiobook version. She cries on the internet when she doesn't get the grades she thinks she deserves. She moans about how her mental health is suffering because she has to work 3 hours a day, 3 times a week. She'll cave under the pressure of Oxford almost instantly.

Failing at Oxford or having to drop out will be a far bigger blow to her ego than never getting in. At least if she's rejected she can just never mention it ever again.

Reactions: 29
She’ll also have to live in Oxford (aka not in her regressed child room) and the seminars and tutorials will shine lights on every gap in knowledge and critical analysis and thinking weaknesses. Using lots of words, and wrongly, will be challenged and ripped apart. Candles won’t be permitted in college and if they saw a woman with a beret pulled down like a beanie lighting a candle in the quad as she twirled round spouting magenta green, she’d be asked to leave. Maybe she should get a place if only to show her what life is really like, how she is a very small fish in a big pond, how intelligent people can be, how even at Oxford there will be more diversity than she’s ever been exposed to and how (gasp) average she is. (Though if she does, I will be pretty shocked as I have a colleague who used to lecture in medieval English and it was harsh and hard and so full on).

Reactions: 32
i really want to read erimentha parks book to know exactly what's written in it, and also i feel like i would have great fun reading it, but they don't sell it here and i could not find epub for zero money anywhere on the internet... that sucks, because i am definitely not going to order it with international shipping lol.
i read an ebook version of it bought on amazon.

No bleeping way is this book real, actually convinced she’s trolling even writing that thinking that’s acceptable💀

Her even attempting to write children’s book is so weird to me her only frame of reference is her weird fantasy about her own childhood which as a pretentious little middle class child was far from the average childhood… if she wants to actually write a successful children’s book she’s going to need to actually interact with kids.
that is my favorite quote . i snorted coffee every where.

Reactions: 1
If by some miracle she gets in, it'll be the worst thing that could happen to her.

She won't have the benefit of Exeter's grade inflation to boost her grades and she won't have Blakeney there to do half her work for her.
Didn’t Ruby and Blakeney visit Oxford together not long ago? I seem to remember some pics possibly from that weekend when they read books in the camper van. I did wonder then if B had possibly also applied to Oxford, which would be terribly awkward if one gets in and one doesn’t …

Reactions: 7
Didn’t Ruby and Blakeney visit Oxford together not long ago? I seem to remember some pics possibly from that weekend when they read books in the camper van. I did wonder then if B had possibly also applied to Oxford, which would be terribly awkward if one gets in and one doesn’t …
I thought they visited Cambridge, Blakeney lives near there apparently

Reactions: 10
Send thoughts and prayers to her agent, whose inbox is now likely being clogged with AI-generated novel drafts about precocious Tory girls being bullied with Ruby’s name slapped on.
Don't worry about Struby Danger's agent. I'm sure the AI version will be a welcome improvement. The protagonists can't sound any more robotic than Erimentha, surely?!

'HALLO this is Strudel Ranger and I am a female child with perfectionist traits. I am the narrator of this epistolary novel.'
---
the functional literacy of a newt
Lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a look on Blakeney's LinkedIn and it's amazing to see how much she has done in comparison to Ruby while she was at university, she's worked while doing a full time degree and she volunteered ect, and is working, and really seemed to make the most out of uni and got a first, while Ruby regressed into a child over her time at uni.

Does anyone remember when Ruby ran out of her house when vlogging when home alone as there was a noise? I'm trying to think of my strangest Ruby moments, it's that or the cabbage porridge. What's everyone's?

Reactions: 19
I had a look on Blakeney's LinkedIn and it's amazing to see how much she has done in comparison to Ruby while she was at university, she's worked while doing a full time degree and she volunteered ect, and is working, and really seemed to make the most out of uni and got a first, while Ruby regressed into a child over her time at uni.

Does anyone remember when Ruby ran out of her house when vlogging when home alone as there was a noise? I'm trying to think of my strangest Ruby moments, it's that or the cabbage porridge. What's everyone's?
Frozen peas for me (i'll update if i remember more)

Reactions: 9
Honestly her getting into Oxford will give her a big dose of reality, I’ve said it before but they’ll be a lot of students in her class much older than her with more experience and talent. She’s going to crumble being such a small fish in a huge pond.

Reactions: 16

Her as the dead body in a nightgown lying in the middle of her backyard did me in.

• Haha
I was watching her new video and I was deeply amused because I was commiting the very cardinal sin (watching videos in bed before sleeping for hours) that Ruby was so ashamed of. Girl, get a grip. She has such a guilt complex. The Pope would be proud.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.