Ruby Granger #34 Quoth the sparrow, "Waterstones"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course she read the Nutcracker twice. Without even realising it. 🤣

She also re-read Call Me By Your Name even tho 'its too sexually graphic' lololo

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Why has she counted the Book of Genesis? 😂 The entire work would be the Bible, surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why has she counted the Book of Genesis? 😂 The entire work would be the Bible, surely.
The Bible is a holy text, not a book you read from cover to cover so why she’s counting it idk 🥴 obviously a lot of non-Christians are interested in the Bible and study it, but she’s always had a strange obsession with it. Has to be another fake interest to make her feel more like the good Christian girls in her favourite classics

Reactions: 10
Sure, but when someone has such a large platform and regularly emphasizes how intelligent they are, you'd expect them to read more classics, philosophy, history... or at least to try to challenge themselves more. I occasionally re-read some Jacky Wilson (her historical fiction was my gateway into classics tbf) or other children's & YA stuff, but I'm not a productivity Youtuber passionate about education and self-improvement. If I knew i had to discuss the books I read each year for an audience, I'd definitely branch out more. If she read some non-fiction, uni stuff, a handful of kids' books, classics, maybe some popular BookTok stuff and some funny, trashy fiction would make these videos far more interesting ... though admittedly she at least tried to do that this year. Can't respect her take on Loveless though - it's *meant* to be centered around the main character's lack of romantic relationship!
I think Ruby could def pull off the children’s lit in an educational way. It’s just that she doesn’t really deep dive into any of the books that she’s read (except for Harry Potter) and it shows that the reasons she enjoys children’s lit isn’t because of the subtle differences between it and adult / YA novels, but because she relies on nostalgia & the ‘good’ feelings she used to have as a child. It doesn’t fit in with her channel whatsoever.

It’s like if a children’s toy channel was unboxing layers and layers of a package with nothing inside but packing peanuts. It‘s a waste.

Reactions: 7
I tried to watch the book video, stopped at like 3 minutes in when she said didn't like The Art of War because she "was surprised at how directly about war" it was..... 😐😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.