Ruby Granger #35 Hello, it's Flu-bee!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @coffeehead for this title, commemorating The Great Consumption of 2022/23, which led to our productive queen being *gasp* unable to complete her Goodreads goal for 2022!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Thank u for the new thread. 😊 Love the title.

In the previous thread, Ruby did the following:
  • had a productive flu
  • visited some notorious Christmas lights
  • read a disappointing number of books
  • made a video listing the books.
  • she's still throwing shade at Sun Tzu.
  • created extra work for the bomb squad by leaving parcels in public locations.
  • wore the world's ugliest outfit - the brown shorts refuse to die.
  • wrote a poem about Santa being shot. Why the violence Roobee, why?
  • more sponsorships and weird collabs including a surprise tv appearance for ''the girl, the pox, the vole and the shorts.''
  • (The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse)

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Appreciate the recap StatusWoe :)
Im looking forward to seeing what Roob gets up to this year. Her latest vid makes me feel that she is still stuck in 2022 and hasn't quite accepted that its now 2023 and her gap year is over. Time for the traditional job and update on her Masters application.

Reactions: 11
Ruby Granger 2023-
  • Still performative as ever and continues to pretend to read large amounts of books (at least half of which are children's novels)
  • Still has the absolute worst fashion sense ever
  • Her Dolly Lottie Parton book really didn't work out
  • Still living in her cluttered childhood bedroom
  • Hasn't changed her sheets in months
  • Apparently is starting work at a "traditional job" this month as a teaching assistant, which we're 95% sure is her old school Piper's Corner
  • Plans to apply for her master's so she can be a student again (most likely Oxford, but there's a lot of doubt she'll get a place)

Reactions: 22
Thank u for the new thread. 😊 Love the title.

In the previous thread, Ruby did the following:
  • had a productive flu
  • visited some notorious Christmas lights
  • read a disappointing number of books
  • made a video listing the books.
  • she's still throwing shade at Sun Tzu.
  • created extra work for the bomb squad by leaving parcels in public locations.
  • wore the world's ugliest outfit - the brown shorts refuse to die.
  • wrote a poem about Santa being shot. Why the violence Roobee, why?
  • more sponsorships and weird collabs including a surprise tv appearance for ''the girl, the pox, the vole and the shorts.''
  • (The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse)
a new thread title so soon? Ruby Granger #36: the girl, the pox, the vole and the shorts

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Since nothing is happening, let me share a totally OT Roobee moment I had yesterday.
Background: 1) I’m trying to finally finish Special Operation and Peace by That Russian Guy. 2) I have a cat who needs to be medicated daily for 5-6 weeks and we’re on day 8, no one’s loving it.

So, long story short, I got rather badly bitten by my PARFACKT little angel yesterday and had to go to A&E (walking distance and next to the supermarket). I brought a book, expecting to have to wait all evening. Fun fact, cat bites are apparently super dangerous and my tetanus wasn’t up to date, so they took me in past an entire waiting-room-ful of sneezy coughy people, and I got my shot and antibiotics and was out of there in five minutes flat. Elated, I decided to do a little food shop since I now had all this time - but alas, once I got all my groceries, my backpack could no longer accommodate my book (it was between the book and 2kg of potatoes lol). I had to walk home holding SO&P, but no one saw me (it was dark and there were no people anyway) and ofc we can’t have that, so I took a very Roobee photo for my insta stories that prominently featured said book. Felt like a bookish child genius and an unspeakable fraud all at the same time, which I imagine is all in a day’s work for little miss bookwahrm.

She’s really not been posting much. I imagine the impending ”traditional job” is quite anxiety-inducing after being holed up in her childhood bedroom for so long.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Painstakingly watched her new video on the books she "read" (but didn't actually) in 2023 to write some comments for the thread...
- She starts off by telling us that she wanted to read 220 books and only "read" 117 books. Funny that she blames this on her few days of flu - even though she's had half a year of basically doing nothing to spend on reading. I would maybe believe this comment if she showed us some kind of reading log/schedule rather than just telling us about her Good Reads page.
- As always her pronunciation and grammar is awful. I cringed when she pronounced Sun Tzu as "Sun Shuewee" and then proceeded to make herself sound particularly thick by saying Art of War was too much about war for her.
- The more you watch of her the more obvious her lying tells are. She darts her eyes to the side, overly raises her eyebrows and does a weird "i'm so passionate about this" smile thing (good example at 6 min mark). :sick:
- Her analysis of texts always feels really basic (when she speaks about Cicero's letters). She still behaves like she's in high school rather than someone who has spent years at university and wants to do a master's degree. I think the multiple jump cuts in one sentence really don't help her with this!
- Overall, she doesn't say anything useful/interesting about the books she's "read" so this is basically just a glorified "look how clever I am!!" video. Which fails when the majority of the books she reads were intended for teenagers/children. In typical Rubeee fashion, she justifies her love for children's books with a C.S. Lewis quote...not saying there's anything wrong with reading these books but I hate that she tries to justify it/make it sound "academic".

• Sick
Reactions: 25
I'm currently playing the video game Marvel's Midnight Suns and coincidentally, there's a section where Captain America, Captain Marvel and Blade take part in a superhero book club and discuss Son Shooweeyay's The Art of War.

It's hilarious that a bunch of comic book superheroes in a video game have infinitely more to say about the book and how it can be applied to general modern conflicts and everyday life than self-proclaimed bookworm and alleged real-life human being Ruby.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ruby heading into her plans for the new year:

20230106_125044.jpg

And what is she wearing there? Surely not jeans?!? I wonder whose those are since she doesn't own any.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She’s really not been posting much. I imagine the impending ”traditional job” is quite anxiety-inducing after being holed up in her childhood bedroom for so long.
She’s included shots of Wuthering Heights a lot recently, so I’m guessing that her ‘traditional job’ has something to do with that book. English Lit teaching assistant maybe?

Reactions: 8
She’s included shots of Wuthering Heights a lot recently, so I’m guessing that her ‘traditional job’ has something to do with that book. English Lit teaching assistant maybe?
Perhaps she'll be the professional curator of the family's landfill of a home library, teaching mummy her ABCs in her downtime, arranging home lectures for family "frands" and sending Martha a £2,700 late fee for a copy of an Ian McEwan book that she forgot she had in her possession.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I hope that Ruby won't be LARPing as Cathy (or God forbid Heathcliff) anytime soon if she's on a Wuthering Heights kick.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The same posts about her walking in the mist is getting rather boring Also, I feel like her teaching job might just be an online tutoring thing which is why it's only a few days a week and she seems to be doing everything from home.

Reactions: 9
I hope that Ruby won't be LARPing as Cathy (or God forbid Heathcliff) anytime soon if she's on a Wuthering Heights kick.
I'll predict that 1. she pretends she's rereading it and 2. she likes the stuff when Cathy I is a child but none of it after.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The same posts about her walking in the mist is getting rather boring Also, I feel like her teaching job might just be an online tutoring thing which is why it's only a few days a week and she seems to be doing everything from home.
Currently picturing Ruby sat on a Zoom call with some unfortunate Sixth Form student fan for a paid tutoring session.

Ruby: "Syo...tyoodyay wee aree gyowing tyoo bee larrning about Wothering Hoyts, which is a tryooly acksquisat bock which oiy have JANUINELY rad manny toiymes. [Ruby pretends to have internet connection issues so she can quickly research the book on Sparknotes and then parrots that information to the student.]"
Student: "Sorry, quick question: You said "in lieu of" as though it means "in honour of", but I think that actually means "instead of"? Also, "Emily" has no letter "A" in it, how come you keep calling her "Ammily Brawntyay"?"
Ruby: [Pulls the plug on the computer, cries for several hours to mummy over this horrific bullying experience, then calls in sick for the next 6 months of tutor sessions.]

It honestly wouldn't shock me if Ruby went into a teaching session with an earpiece while she made Blakeney hide in the bushes outside to Cyrano all of Ruby's lectures for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It honestly wouldn't shock me if Ruby went into a teaching session with an earpiece while she made Blakeney hide in the bushes outside to Cyrano all of Ruby's lectures for her.
Laughing at that image. Think Mission Impossible only...boring. :LOL:

@Griftwood hope you're recovering now! Don't worry, I think you're still a safe distance from Flubee behaviour.

Speaking of That Russian Guy, I always think this is funny:

1673035965247.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Perhaps she'll be the professional curator of the family's landfill of a home library, teaching mummy her ABCs in her downtime, arranging home lectures for family "frands" and sending Martha a £2,700 late fee for a copy of an Ian McEwan book that she forgot she had in her possession.
i had a sudden flash back to ruby and blaney and their "library Cards|" for borrowing each others books and scanning the card with a hairbrush ?! am i remembering this right......?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
It seems Roob is unable to make content when she isn't studying or at 'school'. Its like her head is empty of all ideas. I believe she is struggling at the prospect of having to hold down a 'traditional job'. Jade is pretty cringe but she has moved on with life and grown with her audience. Ruby seems.....stuck or something.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if for her new job she might be working in Holly’s tutoring business if that’s still a thing.

Reactions: 7
I've noticed that Ruby never talks up the Brontës, even though the sisters and their writing would seem to be perfectly aligned with her online image and purported interests. How does a supposed lover of literature, Victoriana, and moody atmospherics routinely ignore the Brontës? Too violent? Too sexy? Whatever the reason, I get the feeling she's not a fan, so it'll be interesting if she has to do some kind of academic instruction on Wuthering Heights.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.