Ruby Granger #34 Quoth the sparrow, "Waterstones"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could go on and on about how bookshop owners do not want people sticking anything in their books, not new books, not used. It leaves creases, discoloration, breaks tight bindings, etc.. Notes from strangers is just plain creepy. I would not want to receive one, feeling like someone is watching me as I open the book and stalking me, nor would I have any idea what kind of person is receiving a note I would write. It reeks of the lonely stalker syndrome and the older Ruboid gets the cringier she becomes. Charity and kindness is not supposed to be advertised. You don't wear it on your sleeve and hope for a bunch of people to thumb you up or comment on how wonderful and sweet you are. You do it with humility and respect. This is exactly why I really dislike her. Not dislike, but hate. I hate what she does and I dislike her performances, lack of ethics, self-absorbed attitude. It makes my stomach turn. She will never work in a soup kitchen unless she can film it. She will never give money unless she can turn it into an ad. She will never gift someone something unless she can flip it into a social media reel. Her family, herself, all are a bunch of inconsiderate pretenders.

Reactions: 44
Look guys, more of the exciting content that we've come to expect from Ruby! This woman is obsessed with condensation - why?

1669223877866.png

I could go on and on about how bookshop owners do not want people sticking anything in their books, not new books, not used. It leaves creases, discoloration, breaks tight bindings, etc..
And germs from the money that everyone's handled.

Surely the people buying stuff in Waterstones aren't the ones who need financial assistance to buy a book? I mean...they're already in the bookshop so it's safe to assume they can afford whatever they're searching for.

I'm sick of Ruby's 'random acts of kindness' BS. She's not Amelie Poulain. There are more sensible ways to do charity.

Reactions: 32
First, giving away money for the followers in need and now leaving banknotes in books? Maybe Ruby has realized how privileged she really is and that others do not have the money to buy extra books and have 4 international trips a year. Is this some twisted way of getting rid of that gnawing feeling on her conscience?

Reactions: 8
First, giving away money for the followers in need and now leaving banknotes in books? Maybe Ruby has realized how privileged she really is and that others do not have the money to buy extra books and have 4 international trips a year. Is this some twisted way of getting rid of that gnawing feeling on her conscience?
Nah, it's extremely unlikely she gave away a penny. An Insta story saying she's giving away money is no proof she did it, and she very likely just took the money out of the book immediately after filming herself putting it in.

This is the person who spent a year desperately lying, making up tall tales, dodging questions and deleting comments to get out of giving back charity money she took and didn't need. She shows every day just how greedy she is and how little scruples she has when it comes to getting more cash. There's no way she's giving away money willingly.

This is just more of her performative smoke and mirrors to make people think she's VARRY KOIND AND JANNAROSS (while getting paid for it).

Reactions: 16
Does anyone remember when Ruby was still at Exeter, she left unwanted planners lying around campus for other students to find? Have I just imagined that? I swear it happened. 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Her 'acts of kindness' are just performative nonsense and she is only doing them for people to gush about how kind she is. I don't know if this is going to be her new thing since it's obvious that she isn't so clever now that she's left uni and she's needing the praise elsewhere.

If Ruby actually cared she would be donating money to a charity that bought books for children and she would be giving out her planners for free to schools to help people but she's justifying paying nearly £20 for a planner.

The fake freckles are more obvious as well and seem to be darker and just look she's got dirt on her face.

I have been wondering if Ruby even knows herself as a person as she's been playing the Ruby Granger character for so long. I was wondering about this as she's so obsessed with acting like a fictional character such as Hermione Granger or Jo from little women or that she pretends to be someone else and it really suggests a lack of a sense of self to me especially as she clings into aesthetics and childhood.

Reactions: 19
Does anyone remember when Ruby was still at Exeter, she left unwanted planners lying around campus for other students to find? Have I just imagined that? I swear it happened. 😅
You didn't dream it, this actually happened! Only she didn't give away planners, it was her crappy notebooks and some rambling Christmas cards, and she chose the peak of Covid to leave random packages covered in her germs and saliva all over campus for people to pick up.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
You didn't dream it, this actually happened! Only she didn't give away planners, it was her crappy notebooks and some rambling Christmas cards, and she chose the peak of Covid to leave random packages covered in her germs and saliva all over campus for people to pick up.

Haha that's right! I thought it wasn't a dream. 😂 Superspreader Ruby handing out Coronavirus to anyone silly enough to pick a damp Ponkin notebook off the pavement. *Actually she wrapped them, but that's even more disappointing somehow. Imagine getting a nicely wrapped present and finding a manky notebook inside. Depressing.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Look guys, more of the exciting content that we've come to expect from Ruby! This woman is obsessed with condensation - why?

View attachment 1754714
I can't tell if the dark stuff where the glass connects to the wooden window frame is just grime or mouldy sealant.. cause mould loves these wet spots if they are not wiped daily.

Reactions: 2
Acts of kindness Ruby could do:

Donate food and supplies to a homeless shelter or food bank
Donate books to a library or school (her home library has enough books)
Donate supplies to a school
Volunteer somewhere where she isn't being paid for it
Donate her clothes rather than sell them on Vinted for extra cash she doesn't need
Donate those heated blankets she was rambling about

There's so much she can do like putting £5 in a book is just so performative. She also has plenty of space around her countryside manor she could set up some stuff for wildlife (or did she abandon her cottagecore aesthetic once the pandemic eased it's restrictions).

Reactions: 30

Donate her clothes rather than sell them on Vinted for extra cash she doesn't need

There's so much she can do like putting £5 in a book is just so performative. She also has plenty of space around her countryside manor she could set up some stuff for wildlife (or did she abandon her cottagecore aesthetic once the pandemic eased it's restrictions).
Yes, those are great suggestions! She basically does nothing every day, so if she really cares about kindness, what's stopping her from volunteering a few days a month?

OT: I don't want to make this about myself, but with my local Food Not Bombs chapter we feed around 30 homeless people hot food once a week.
I'm not saying Ruby has to do the same thing, but I used to be scared of strangers and now those "strangers" are my fellow cooks and friends with the same values 🙂 Chatting while cooking is fun, and just hearing a simple "thank you for the food" from our "clients" makes me happy, knowing we are making a difference and that we #canbekind without expecting anything in return 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
”mockyumantaries, if you didn’t know, are my fyayvourite kind of comedy” - two things:
1) your favourite ”comedy” is The Simpsons, because that’s all you ever actually watch
1.5) no one could have known this, because you never once indicated it until you got paid
2) my favourite comedy (I can’t decide, but then again, I’m an adult, and I’m allowed to like multiple things, including things I’m not sponsored by) is either Roobee’s fake freckles or her tragic receding hairline 😂😂😂

EC7EE819-92FD-443D-A0E2-AF23C64CF355.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, those are great suggestions! She basically does nothing every day, so if she really cares about kindness, what's stopping her from volunteering a few days a month?

OT: I don't want to make this about myself, but with my local Food Not Bombs chapter we feed around 30 homeless people hot food once a week.
I'm not saying Ruby has to do the same thing, but I used to be scared of strangers and now those "strangers" are my fellow cooks and friends with the same values 🙂 Chatting while cooking is fun, and just hearing a simple "thank you for the food" from our "clients" makes me happy, knowing we are making a difference and that we #canbekind without expecting anything in return 🖤
That's so lovely! Being kind without expecting anything in return is the best way to truly be kind but I feel like for Ruby if she's not being praised for it then she doesn't see it as something worth doing which is just sad since she has the potential and resources to make an impact.

Reactions: 12
”mockyumantaries, if you didn’t know, are my fyayvourite kind of comedy” - two things:
1) your favourite ”comedy” is The Simpsons, because that’s all you ever actually watch
1.5) no one could have known this, because you never once indicated it until you got paid
2) my favourite comedy (I can’t decide, but then again, I’m an adult, and I’m allowed to like multiple things, including things I’m not sponsored by) is either Roobee’s fake freckles or her tragic receding hairline 😂😂😂

View attachment 1755984
This is her fifth ad for THE BBC OIYPLAYAH WHAAHR YOO CAN WATCH CONKON AARTH in just over a week. Every single thing she posts is an ad of some kind. It's ridiculous.

Get a bleeping job, Ruby, you talentless parasite.

Reactions: 18
Untitled79898465675645.png

Also, there's apparently no better way to advertise a product than to have it obscured by a hazy film of dust, grime, fingerprints and god knows what else that have been building up on her laptop screen seemingly since she bought it. She got paid for this ad. What a dirty little swamp goblin.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

It's only really kind if it's not being posted

Reactions: 5
View attachment 1756298

Also, there's apparently no better way to advertise a product than to have it obscured by a hazy film of dust, grime, fingerprints and god knows what else that have been building up on her laptop screen seemingly since she bought it. She got paid for this ad. What a dirty little swamp goblin.
Can someone explain to me why, even after all those years – and especially after those last completely disastrous years – with Ruby Bones, I am still surprised at her absolutely disgusting laziness? At her childish, arrogant refusal to do the absolute minimum to show at least a little respect for what she is paid to do? Must be my hideous adulthood.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.