Ruby Granger #34 Quoth the sparrow, "Waterstones"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly it’s easy to look at Ruby and question how the hell somebody ends up like that, but then you see her mum’s BS and it just…makes sense 😬

Reactions: 16
Now I know I'm not "little miss sustainable" like Ruby is, (hence why my broke ass is on Shein in the first place) but...I can't believe the girl that's constantly preaching about sustainability is doing ad's for a brand that is on Shein.
simple retro shein.png

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I like how even in the promotional videos for her planner launch, she tips her hand yet again to reveal how she never uses these planners herself.

She claims to use the PONKUH PODTIBBTEE planner herself every day. And yet despite theoretically having months and months of filled-in planner pages to show off, she only ever shows the same few completed pages over and over throughout the year whenever she shows her planner.

Sure enough, the page she shows in the launch video is a page she's shown before.

View attachment 1752191

Back in July:

View attachment 1752239

She never flicks through to show a few consecutive complete pages, because she never uses it.

They sent her a big box of planners. A few will go to her internet friends so they can show them off and advertise them for her, but the rest will sit in her room, she'll pull one out every month or two, fill in a page for a lazy promo photo and then throw it away and break out a new one next time so she doesn't reveal how easily they fall apart with minor use.

View attachment 1752280

In one of the main promo photos on the website, she's just dumped a random crumbling candle with a hair on it atop the planner for some reason, and it looks like she's just left a sweaty hot dog on it. This is supposed to be a professional photo.
She's been doing this long enough to know how to take a decent picture and yet this is another thing ruby refuses to improve. It's your job, Ruby! Put some effort in it ffs.

Reactions: 11
She's been doing this long enough to know how to take a decent picture and yet this is another thing ruby refuses to improve. It's your job, Ruby! Put some effort in it ffs.
And it's even worse considering this is her only involvment in the company. All she does now is advertise planners during product launches. She doesn't design them, she has no part in the logistics or customer service and she doesn't even run the Insta account any more.

All she does for the company she claims to run is post a few photos every now and then, and the most she can be bothered to do is gloomy shots of her windowsill and photos of planners with random household crap dumped on top.

She's unfathomably lazy.

Reactions: 14
Ruby has posted an ad for a book on her TikTok and in the caption says "The Keys to Kindness will be released on the 10th of November", i.e. two whole weeks ago. The TikTok is also "ideas for things to do in a bookshop", as if a bookshop doesn't already have a purpose. She also recommends leaving money in books as a gesture of kindness but if the person doesn't find it before they get to the till, I feel like this could cause difficulties for the shop workers?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Ruby has posted an ad for a book on her TikTok and in the caption says "The Keys to Kindness will be released on the 10th of November", i.e. two whole weeks ago. The TikTok is also "ideas for things to do in a bookshop", as if a bookshop doesn't already have a purpose. She also recommends leaving money in books as a gesture of kindness but if the person doesn't find it before they get to the till, I feel like this could cause difficulties for the shop workers?
How is she so out of touch with reality? Like seriously, how is it even possible to brain like this? She's made it clear that SHE can afford to leave money in books for random people (who already have enough money to buy books) but god forbid she contribute money to an actual charity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
"KOINDNASS IS THE MYOST IMPWORETANT THING IN THE WARLD," said by someone with no real-world perspective who only engages in "kindness" when she's getting paid to pretend to.

If kindness was so important, why didn't she insist on advertising this book about kindness for free? That'd be pretty kind of her to do for the author/publisher. But nope, Ruby clearly thinks money is the most important thing in the world, since that seems to be all she cares about.

And it's an ad for a product she hasn't used, like they all are - she says she "can't wait to read more of it". Why not read the whole thing before agreeing to advertise it, Ruby, so that you can be sure you're not endorsing a steaming pile of problematic tit? Nah, Ruby sees cash on offer and just eagerly snatches it without question.

She films herself putting £5/$5 in a book as an act of kindness, but since this is Ruby we're talking about, it's a given that she took the money back the second she turned the camera off. She claims to be picking a book recommendation off the shelf to pay for any the counter for a stranger to have, but the footage conspicuously just shows her taking a book to the counter, so she either just bought it for herself or took it to the counter for a price check to get footage and then left.

Her idea of kindness is to litter the books that people want to buy with unsolicited scraps of paper with Hallmark card platitudes scribbled on in her gibberish handwriting. This means nothing to strangers, Ruby. Instead of buying a book that you like and then having it sit on a counter until someone finally comes along who wants it, why not buy a selection of new releases and donate them to your library? Libraries are drastically underfunded, and this would help them and enable countless borrowers to read them. Why not donate money direct to charity instead of pretending to leave $5 for someone to find who probably doesn't need it?

It's incredible how she gets stupider, more incompetent and more greedy with every passing week.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
How is she so out of touch with reality? Like seriously, how is it even possible to brain like this? She's made it clear that SHE can afford to leave money in books for random people (who already have enough money to buy books) but god forbid she contribute money to an actual charity.
This person we're talking about asked her followers to send her a message on Instagram if they could use some money. It's hilariously clear the concept of charity and how to do it properly is utterly foreign for her

Reactions: 19
This person we're talking about asked her followers to send her a message on Instagram if they could use some money. It's hilariously clear the concept of charity and how to do it properly is utterly foreign for her
To be fair it's pretty impressive how someone can find so many ways to make donating money as controversial as a warm diet coke on a hot July's day in South Carolina

• Haha
Reactions: 20
And given the timing of that ill-advised £100 Paypal gifting thing, it looks incredibly likely that she did it as part of this ad campaign to prove how #kind she is before she quickly taking it down and lazily putting the actual ad up 2 weeks late.

Reactions: 10
For me though it's the fact that she'll charge £18.50(?) to school kids for those crappy planners. Charge what you want, but what gets me is that she cited inflation as the reason why they're so expensive like she couldn't as the leader(??) of her company have a more affordable pricing strategy in the midst of a recession. Like, of course inflation uggh is such a pain!! But for all this dirty damn inflation, she would have gone on holiday for 4 weeks instead! Or ordered a Venti latte today instead of only a grande!

Reactions: 14
And given the timing of that ill-advised £100 Paypal gifting thing, it looks incredibly likely that she did it as part of this ad campaign to prove how #kind she is before she quickly taking it down and lazily putting the actual ad up 2 weeks late.
I wonder if she sent money to some followers in the end

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.