Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she always have to give such backhanded compliments? 😂 Even when there's not some dodgy undeclared sponsorship involved, she'll put "this wasn't the BEST cappucino I've had but still good!" on the screen. Most things you have won't be "the best", grow up.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Why does she always have to give such backhanded compliments? 😂 Even when there's not some dodgy undeclared sponsorship involved, she'll put "this wasn't the BEST cappucino I've had but still good!" on the screen. Most things you have won't be "the best", grow up.
Given everything we know about Ruby, I'd wager she sees it as a way to "prove" that she doesn't only use gifted products and can JANUINELY be critical of things.

Unfortunately that doesn't work when she's never, ever critical of gifted products or brands who pay her and just negs other products only to slyly slip in praise for gifted ones.

It also makes it incredibly easy to spot undeclared ads, too: If it's her "favourite", it's almost always an ad. If it's "not the best", it's not an ad (for the brand she's criticing, anyway). She's beyond predictable at this point.

Reactions: 14
Weird, as usual, that she keeps posting about Amherst and Boston, when, more than likely, she is now in Concord, probably either at the Colonial Inn or the Hawthorne Inn (a B&B), both within walking distance of the historic district and center. Of course, it is already dark out and there isn't a thing to do at night as all the shops close around 5pm. We also just turned the clocks back, so truly pitch black and not for walking around. This may lead to more dramatic readings and poundings on the table, in the dark, in the night, huddled in her room. It's going to be a fun last week in MA.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is one of the funniest Ruby quirks. I love it when she ranks the months. ''NovAMbar is my sevannth favorut month'' and so on.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also, it seems that nothing she experiences during that Boston trip is as good as what she does/tries/experiences at home: the bookshop in Cambridge is not the best, the Kombucha drink isn't either. Why did she go there if everything is so rubbish? If everything she does and has at home is so much better, maybe she could have spared some money (and reduce her carbon footprint) by staying in the Bones Manor? Apart from her reaction to the Dickinson's museum, she seems really condescending when trying new stuff.

Reactions: 15
I just find her 'reviews' of things unsubstantial. She never qualifies her comments with an actual explanation, it's usually just 'good' or not as good as something else. Any of her recommendations seem false because I know she's being paid for them (even if she says, "I'm not just saying that!").

Reactions: 18
Also, it seems that nothing she experiences during that Boston trip is as good as what she does/tries/experiences at home: the bookshop in Cambridge is not the best, the Kombucha drink isn't either. Why did she go there if everything is so rubbish? If everything she does and has at home is so much better, maybe she could have spared some money (and reduce her carbon footprint) by staying in the Bones Manor? Apart from her reaction to the Dickinson's museum, she seems really condescending when trying new stuff.
And I thought the USA was the land of the superlatives! I hope Trump doesn't hear Ruby's opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was nervous for her on the beach. If that location is a private historic site or part of a state park or something, I suppose it was fairly safe. But seeing her all by herself out there was giving me some horror movie vibes.
It was giving me pneumonia vibes! It looked absolutely freezing outside of the water, never mind in it. And she didn't seem to have brought a towel or anything.

Reactions: 5
How is she not super bored from doing absolutely nothing all day?

I know she claims to be doing "work" and "reading" but she would seriously find her life more interesting if she got a job and had a bit of a social life

Honestly, I know she's done well financially but her life is so dull

At least Holly Gabrielle is getting herself out there, going travelling, clubbing and being social! Which is so lovely to see!

Whats Ruby's excuse? Its just so depressing to watch

Reactions: 7
I actually had to unfollow Ruby on both Instagram and youtube. She can't be bothered to put effort in...I ain't going to support her. She has such an unhealthy mindset now.

Reactions: 7
I can't believe it. Ruby is so gracious to gift us money. Sadly I have no PayPal. But I could use this 100 bug. I have no warm coat for winter :)

Reactions: 4
Why didn't she just give it to one of the homeless shelters in Boston? A soup kitchen? Make a donation at one of the local charities or churches that have food pantries? Send it to people in Ukraine? WTF? With all her money has she literally never donated money to charity? Does she not have a clue as to how to get money straight to the people and not have to use social media? Because in this world, if you have a phone, time to browse through social media, can pay for the costs of such devices and upkeep, have a place to charge it up, you are not in one of the worst situations. Also......didn't she complain she didn't have enough money for books and dinner? This is nothing but a scam to people into thinking she is uber charitable. omg Someone just stop her. She gets worse every minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
How philanthropic of Ruby, who is currently on her fourth holiday of the year, to deign to think of us lowly peasants.

The audacity! The nerve! All to clear her privileged conscience, rather than any thought going into how she can *actually* help. It's another form of mindless busywork once again.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.