Ruby Granger #33 Goes on a boat, dresses like Captain Birdseye

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my experience, rich people are far more reluctant to spend money. I have a friend whose parents literally own 2 houses and when we were at a christmas market once she bought me a 50 p doughnut and then immediately sent me her bank details. Whereas my friends who aren't well off will buy me a £1 drink and not demand immediate repayment
Yes I also know people like that! But if they benefit from it, they spend money. for example for showing off or something.

Reactions: 10
In my experience, rich people are far more reluctant to spend money. I have a friend whose parents literally own 2 houses and when we were at a christmas market once she bought me a 50 p doughnut and then immediately sent me her bank details. Whereas my friends who aren't well off will buy me a £1 drink and not demand immediate repayment
God people like this are bellends, and the worst thing is, they’re absolute hypocrites coz they’ll happily accept you paying for stuff and won’t even think to send you any money after.

Reactions: 19
Ruby: "I love books syo syo moch! The acksperiance of reading a bock is warth annie cost! Physical books asspashally syo!"
Also Ruby: "It's HOW MUCH?! $17?! You're charging the average RRP of a new book for a new book?! HOW DAHHR YOO."

Ruby: "People shoddn't chyarge the wrong proice for thyings. Oiy think that's tyoo moch to ackspact peepol tyo pay and oiy dyon't agryee with it."
Also Ruby: "Please boiy moiy new nyotebock. It's flyimsy and cheap-lyooking and only has 80 pyages. It's £9. Also buy this crinkled ribbon. £6."
When I read her comment my mind went straight to the washi tape. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I haven't been able to catch up on the whole thread so sorry if this has been addressed but I just saw the youtube video from a few days ago where she recites Poe and it honestly creeped me out so much? not because of the poem itself or that she was doing it for Halloween, just something about the way she recited it, especially when she started knocking ferociously on the table, she came across as completely unhinged the whole way through. She also read it ridiculously quickly. Going to the USA alone is a lot to cope with when she doesn't even seem to like travelling in the UK alone, I wonder if her mental health is really suffering, she seemed very tightly wound

Reactions: 17
believe me pineapple this knocking creep the sh** out of us - it was a very very special horror for halloween

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
In her Boston YouTube video when she said that she visited the Harvard book store and it wasn't "the best" idk but it felt like she was trying to put herself "above" it somehow. Like it wasn't "literary" enough for her. Lol. Most bookstores located near campuses serve students and will most likely sell academic texts/textbooks so it won't just be the classics with fancy covers.

Also, I find it funny that she says that Boston isn't really a place for literary tourism when it's actually often referred to as the "birthplace of American literature" and there is even a map of Boston's Literary District online with all the homes of famous authors and other landmarks (but this is for someone who is actually into American literature and has more knowledge or interest in the city's history, references in books, and authors' lives. I also think I may have found the website she may have used to come up with her itinerary for her trip to Boston here. It's a very touristy website and all the book stores she went to are listed there.

She's only talked about Edgar Allan Poe, Louisa May Alcott, and Emily Dickinson, but there is also Sylvia Plath, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry David Thoreau, and so many other influential American authors who were born in or lived in Boston and other areas in Massachusetts throughout their literary careers. And since she did visit Amherst, I wonder if she'll mention that David Foster Wallace attended Amherst College. The thing about American authors is that you also need to have an understanding of the historical and social context in which they lived in order to glean a deeper and richer understanding of their work. It would have been nice if her literary tour had extended into something dealing with American history as well. In a 3-week period she could have easily fit in so much!

And I also wonder if she'll ever mention Emily Dickinson's letters and relationship with Susan Gilbert.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
In her Boston YouTube video when she said that she visited the Harvard book store and it wasn't "the best" idk but it felt like she was trying to put herself "above" it somehow. Like it wasn't "literary" enough for her. Lol. Most bookstores located near campuses serve students and will most likely sell academic texts/textbooks so it won't just be the classics with fancy covers.

Also, I find it funny that she says that Boston isn't really a place for literary tourism when it's actually often referred to as the "birthplace of American literature" and there is even a map of Boston's Literary District online with all the homes of famous authors and other landmarks (but this is for someone who is actually into American literature and has more knowledge or interest in the city's history, references in books, and authors' lives. I also think I may have found the website she may have used to come up with her itinerary for her trip to Boston here. It's a very touristy website and all the book stores she went to are listed there.

She's only talked about Edgar Allan Poe, Louisa May Alcott, and Emily Dickinson, but there is also Sylvia Plath, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry David Thoreau, and so many other influential American authors who were born in or lived in Boston and other areas in Massachusetts throughout their literary careers. And since she did visit Amherst, I wonder if she'll mention that David Foster Wallace attended Amherst College. The thing about American authors is that you also need to have an understanding of the historical and social context in which they lived in order to glean a deeper and richer understanding of their work. It would have been nice if her literary tour had extended into something dealing with American history as well. In a 3-week period she could have easily fit in so much!

And I also wonder if she'll ever mention Emily Dickinson's letters and relationship with Susan Gilbert.
1667725140962.png

Missed crossover opportunity: playing Rory Gilmore reading Sylvia Plath's journals in Boston.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
After seeing some of her most recent videos I just can’t deal with this girl anymore. Sure, her hermione granger cosplay days were cringy and all but at least they seem more genuine than whatever poor-victorian-child-misunderstood-genius-poet-born-in-the-wrong-era-anne-shirley-wannabe tit she’s doing right now. Everything about her just screams performative. It’s got to the point where I can’t even hate-watch her for fun because I get genuinely annoyed lol

Also, for the love of god can she please stop using those mouse click sounds every 5 seconds

Reactions: 34
The fact that she took that falling apart book on the plane with her...it just screams pretentious.

So she also got annoyed that the bookshop in Boston didn't sell classics. She could have spoken to the bookseller there and asked for book recommendations around the area so she can actually explore new things. There's only so many classics Ruby...maybe poetry from Boston born poets?

Reactions: 16
So she also got annoyed that the bookshop in Boston didn't sell classics.
Surely Ruby should know that not every bookshop that she goes too sell classics. It is like she expects to find classics in every bookshop that she goes to when bookshops will only sell the books that are in demand as any bookshop will be hesitant to stock a book unless it sells well, is already in the book charts, is regularly asked for by customers in the store or if the book or author is of local interest.

Reactions: 4
@gossip_guy Roobee should hire you. At least her videos would be nicely edited and they would be funny, which would be two enormous improvements to the messy, boring and borderline creepy stuff she's sharing now.

In her Boston YouTube video when she said that she visited the Harvard book store and it wasn't "the best"
That's probably because she's implying that Waterstones is the best. Still running after a collaboration, apparently...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The deeper into this gap yah we go the more shame I feel keeping tabs on these updates. On the one hand, it's not like most people can have a big YT channel and following, and I appreciate that a lot of my disdain comes from class envy, but it just feels like her brand is beyond necrotic. In what world is it efficient to badger a small museum into letting you manage their instagram without fanfare for a few days? Dressing up on Ha-llo'we'iene' just to stay in your room? All the things she's done with Patina or Bard or whatever just feels like the same thing that any half-savvy teenage girl with social media could do with much less second-hand embarrassment involved.

It's really not my business to criticise someone for getting an income off having land, or having a media following, or being a model - God knows a lot more scummy people do that with greater success and less scrutiny, but I really hope Rubes just puts down the camera, reads for its own sake - if she wants to - instead of as a performance, and follows a goal that she can put her head down to achieving that has a well-trodden path. It just seems like everyone wants to be an celebrity as if it's not a completely nebulous, fleeting, non-salaried position, when there's so much pride and satisfaction, and self-respect, involved in getting an actual profession. To that end I hope she really does well as a teacher, trains/goes to school for it, and it doesn't end up just being some code-name for a half-assed influencer role she's got cooked up.

Reactions: 21
After seeing some of her most recent videos I just can’t deal with this girl anymore. Sure, her hermione granger cosplay days were cringy and all but at least they seem more genuine than whatever poor-victorian-child-misunderstood-genius-poet-born-in-the-wrong-era-anne-shirley-wannabe tit she’s doing right now. Everything about her just screams performative. It’s got to the point where I can’t even hate-watch her for fun because I get genuinely annoyed lol

Also, for the love of god can she please stop using those mouse click sounds every 5 seconds
Yes this!! I'd take a good old "How To Act Like Hermione in a Park in Boston" over whatever her current content is supposed to be tbh. At least the Hermione videos were weird but fun, now it's just weird!

Reactions: 12
@gossip_guy Roobee should hire you. At least her videos would be nicely edited and they would be funny, which would be two enormous improvements to the messy, boring and borderline creepy stuff she's sharing now.
I don't think even competent editing would make her videos watchable at this point, it'd just make it less embarrassing when she makes a paid, sponsored video full of laziness and errors.

If she had any trace of self-awareness and was willing to poke fun at herself, that'd be a start, but she's entirely self-serious for how ridiculous she is. I think that's why her TikTok videos feel especially bizarre: She has no sense of humour, so when she keeps trying to recreate TikTok memes, she just comes off like a malfunctioning Victorian animatronic that museums scrapped for being too scary to show to children.

The only fun of watching her content now is poking holes in the lies and roasting the bizarre incompetence. Ruby would never allow someone to put an active lie counter or outfit change counter on-screen.

Untit80980l657566568586747564564567876575675668776ed.jpg

Oh look, no Vlogmas again this year. It's "so stressful" that Ruby will never do it again. Apparently she's done it twice before years ago, but near as I can see she skipped multiple days and then gave up early on, so she's applying the same logic to "completing" Vlogmas as she does to reading books.

So her book club was apparently too stressful for her, so she bailed. All she had to do was read one book a month and talk about it once a month. She claims to read hundreds of books a year. It should have been easy.

Now Vlogmas is too stressful. All she has to do is film and edit 10 minutes of footage a day in December of things she'll be doing anyway. She puts the bare minimum of effort and time into editing. She has no responsibilities or work. She has nothing but free time. This should be a cakewalk.

Imagine saying with a straight face that being paid ridiculous amounts to do almost nothing a few times a month is "too stressful". Imagine saying that after all the times she's claimed that none of her fabricated accomplishments feel like work because she enjoys them all.

Ruby, it's okay to say "I bailed on my book club because I realised after one Zoom call that I wasn't the smartest person there". It's okay to say "I don't want to do Vlogmas because all my daily videos are stitched together from many days of footage to make them seem busy and productive, and I can't do that with Vlogmas because it's too much work". You can say "I'm too lazy and don't want to do anything". Honesty is an option. And if it's JANUINELY too stressful to put in less than the bare minimum required to be a YouTube content creator, then that's as good a sign as any that it's time to retire from the internet.

If she thinks one monthly, low-effort obligation a month doing something she claims she loves is too damaging to her mental health, or 10 minutes of "work" a day is too much stress, she will never survive in a real job.

Reactions: 24
At least when she was still in uni it would be somewhat understandable because she had exams, projects, papers etc. But come on Ruby, your whole life is youtube now. I'm in agreement she needs to do some serious soul searching; it's obvious she hates making videos and only does it to earn an income or she would put more effort in.

Reactions: 21
I think it is going to be very interesting to see what she comes up with after January. She did a lot of travelling over the past several months. With that over in a week, what is next? She mentioned learning to drive, but who cares. I hope she does, I doubt she does, and no one needs to see it anyhow. When everyone is going back to school will she be doing any kind of decent work? Or is she just going to huddle in her room, dress up as Emily Dickinson, and retreat back into her childhood, yet again. Probably. She never really made the most of her social media and opportunities. She tries out every "aesthetic" and yet really doesn't have a nice channel, Instagram or TikTok on any of them like other influencers have done, and succeeded in. Her life is too boring to do a Vlogmas, so I am not surprised that she doesn't want to try it again. I can't imagine her doing anything. I can't see her in retail because she wouldn't know how to handle nasty customers and would quit saying she was being bullied! I can't see her being a teacher and controlling an unruly class or having to deal with parents, spending nights correcting papers, going to committee meetings and having very little say on anything. Even if she tried to teach university level, she needs to have a Masters and a PHD, but she hates research and will always find another professor, another student, smarter than herself, so she won't last that either. And yes, she can't handle most everyday things, so she certainly can't handle the big ones. She pretty much ruined the possibility of a safe and private life in a cottage when she blurted it out, showed photos and everyone figured out exactly where it is. She will be under her parent's roof well beyond her 40th year. What a burden she is.

Reactions: 10
Why is she posting about the sunset in Boston on her TikTok when 1. She has already included this in her Youtube video and 2. She isn't even in Boston. It honestly just feels like this whole trip is surrounded by mystery because we don't know what she was really doing at the Emily Dickinson Museum as they haven't posted any details about why Ruby was working with them and Ruby has hardly shared anything about her trip apart from her recent Youtube video and even then she wasn't selling Boston as a destination for people to go to.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Untit80980l657566568586747564564567876575675675675668776ed.png

"This KYOMBYOOCHAA which oiy paid fwore isn't as gyood as RAMADDY KYOMBYOOCHA!"

In an absolutely shocking, completely unpredictable turn of events, Ruby doesn't like the kombucha drink she had to pay for nearly as much as the brand which gifts her all their products.

Where's the ad declaration when you're giving positive endorsement to Remedy products which you're regularly gifted, Ruby?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.