Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hart301

The question is, why does she have to pretend to be a Master's student when she could actually be a Master's student? There is no reason for her not to go back to school...except for the fact that she probably didn't enjoy university. But I'm sure there's some situation where she could take relatively easy courses and get back into the student persona that she misses so much without actually having to work that hard. I think that would do her more good than anything. I can't see her ever holding a real job. It's academia forever or a lifetime of this aimless floundering and trips with her parents.
I'm honestly going on a limb here and think that she didn't really do well on her diss & her final grades were mid-tier overall. I know she posted her results but it's super easy to hit inspect element and fudge stuff for your viewers.
I also know that master's programs in the UK are only one year so she probably doesn't see it as worth it if she can only get a year's worth of content out of it. I know she def won't be going to America for school, but I honestly think Ruby would benefit from a flex program where they have some courses online and some courses in person. These are designed for working people ofc so she wouldn't have to venture out of the Abode too often.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

missmina

VIP Member
View attachment 1743204
View attachment 1743205
View attachment 1743207

Jesus Christ, she's been back home for 5 minutes and already it's the same gloomy shots from her bedroom prison window and shitloads of ads.

She can't even get this shit right - National Theatre at Home has been running for 2-3 years now, it hasn't just launched. Another thing Ruby only shows an interest in when it's free or she's being paid.

Meanwhile she's skipped Anti-Bullying Week entirely, even though she always claims that's the cause closest to her heart.
It might be my memory being shit but wasn’t her bedroom upstairs not on the ground floor?

SugahSweet

It's disconcerting that complete strangers have better ideas for a social media strategy than Ruby.
If Ruby had said she was going to travel the world for a year and do free internships somewhere, that would have been okay. Many people can't do that because they don't have the money.
I don't know what I find more shocking either. The way or that you can clearly see that she has no idea what a social media strategy can look like.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I may be a bit bias, as I live here, but I love Concord and all that it has to offer. She just totally missed the mark on everything. Yes, a lot of it is the time of year, as I have already said. It is past tourist season, cold, shorter days, people are busy with work, holidays, etc.. Harvest time is long over and we are busy putting away all our outside decor, closed pools in September, kids are in school or uni, it just isn't a time for this sort of thing. That being said, the area is beautiful, lush, green and busy during the spring and summer months. There are loads of places to tour, the Colonial Inn and some smaller, specialty places to eat in the center, along with several nice antique shops, gift shops, clothing boutiques, and, along with Concord Bookstore, there is also Barrow Bookstore, which is a used bookstore dealing with both used and antiquarian books. Apparently she missed out on this too. She must be blind. There is Artisan's Way....a nice arts and crafts store with beautiful pottery, baskets, paintings and other artwork. Lots of jewelry stores too. There are 2 cemeteries in the center, so you can see the very old tombstones and interesting engravings on them. You can go to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery (she called one that, but it wasn't it...lol....she got the wrong cemetery) and see the plots of Alcotts, Emerson, Thoreau and Hawthorne. Tour buses stop to all these places and there are also a lot of school day trips here during the season. It is clean, beautiful and fun. The local area, towns nearby, are also very beautiful, with some that are very woodsy with farms and massive mansions. Carlisle is one of the top 10 most expensive towns to live in, in MA, but you need a car to get there and appreciate the narrow winding roads and picturesque scenery. I am surprised she didn't film more of the center, inside the antique shops, the used bookstore. She even seemed very odd and nervous at the Concord Bookstore, though why she proclaims it the most beautiful one she has ever seen is beyond me. It is a very generic independent bookstore. That is it. Boston also has a lot more to offer, with beautiful museums, a rich history, the Freedom Trail, Harvard Square in Cambridge with all the bookstores and Longfellow's very luxurious home. Why luxurious? Because his work sold well in Europe while he was alive, as opposed to some of the other authors, who gained more fame after their passing. Again, so much history in this area. She just didn't care and used it as a platform to play.
Thanks for explaining. I have a relative who lives in Boston and his photos of the place look so different to Ruby's. When my grandparents went to visit they did the whole touristy Halloween thing in Salem. They loved it. :LOL: So I was hoping the dreary looking videos had more to do with Ruby.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
All of a sudden Ruby became so cryptic and mysterious, that all of us guessing where she is and noticing that she's become a bit off reminds me of the Marina Joyce mystery. Does anyone remember that? 🤪
Yes! I was thinking about the Marina drama the other day, randomly!

hart301

I am disappointed. Ruby shady? All right. We knew that bevor. But a prestigious museum like this? With this reputation?
Unfortunately, it's probably because US colleges (esp prestigious ones) are so money hungry & this is operated by the most money-hungry of them all (the board of trustees)

Reactions: 1

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
yeah lmfao, both the commenter and ruby are wrong. it's pronounced saoirse, not seersha or sorsha, it's somewhere in-between the two. it's basically impossible for ruby to ever pronounce it right anyway due to her non-rhotic english accent. she can't pronounce the R sound in the middle of the name.
The way Saoirse Ronan pronounces it it sounds like the vowel sound is a schwa both in the middle and at the end. But I'm not Irish so idk

M.veroni

“She must have had so much help with her dissertation because her comprehension, vocabulary and grammar leave SO much to be desired.
Is her dissertation actually somehow available? Maybe for students at Exeter or something? At my uni you could ask for disseminations to look at (from students, who graduated earlier) and get an idea how a dissertation should look like, or look for sources they used, etc.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
The B&B tour was from where she was staying in Boston, she's in Amherst now in a new B&B.

I'm guessing she filmed the weird TikTok meme poetry pantomime video a day or two ago and uploaded it today, then filmed the reply video today.
Yeah that makes sense her in her Youtube videos though it definitely shows the background of the Amherst B&B as it has that same brick wall feature in the background. Her videos never seem to be consistent though as they always seem to be released a few days after and never on the actual day themselves, apart from the Emily Dickinson Museum gig that she has got she doesn't seem to be doing anything else in Amherst as she hasn't uploaded anything about what she is doing etc. It definitely seems to be a bit of a boring holiday though as it feels like she isn't doing anything that is either interesting or exciting.

Last edited:

rattlebat

Has Rooby said what is she going to do with her masters degree? Has she been accepted into any programme?

berkeleymoon87

that's a word I would not associate with joy.

"This is partially and partially not a joke. I did indeed bring a teapot with me because I didn’t want to miss out on three weeks of loose leaf tea…" Don't they have loose tea in the USA? I've heard strange things about the USA, but I think even they have loose tea. USA is not on the moon or in another galaxy. But I've never been to the USA so I wouldn't know for sure.
This reminds me of that tiktok where someone from England said that us Americans don't have kettles because our electricity wouldn't be able to handle it lmao. And we definitely have loose leaf tea.

vwxyz

Has Rooby said what is she going to do with her masters degree? Has she been accepted into any programme?
Did she really say that it was her plan to pursue a Masters? Not that it would be a surprise to me (the role she plays would require her to do multiple PhDs), but I don't remember when she said that or if a Masters was a must-have for her.
I was about to write that she could actually benefit from that if only the university was far away from home so that she could only see her family every couple of months. But then I remembered that in my case, being far away didn't change anything. I had to figure out certain unhealthy things about certain relationships first and then the distance (whether that be a close or far one) didn't make a difference anymore ...

justanoddsock

Okay. Ruby just hit an all time low with this lackluster video of Concord and Salem. I mean, Concord and Salem, literary tour. Excuse me? Where is the freaking content?

She went to the Orchard House and considers herself privileged to have been able to take video and pics from Louisa's room. I have tons of pictures from there. They have no problem, so long as you are quiet and your phone sounds are not on. Too bad she didn't have any footage of May's room, the nursery, the parent's bedroom, the parlour where they held plays, the kitchen and dining room, Beth's piano, or Bronson Alcott's amazing library! Too bad she didn't share with her viewers that while Louisa May Alcott wrote Little Women here, the events actually took place at the Wayside, the "House of Authors" right next door, which she didn't tour. She could have also mentioned how Louisa wrote "Pot Boilers" to make money to finance the family, since their father was always off giving lectures and completely broke. They loved him, but as a provider he was useless. She didn't even show the School of Philosophy, which is right on the grounds and talk about how we still have philosophical lectures there every summer, known as the Summer Series. Nope. Just wanted to play Jo March with that ridiculous costume.

BTW Ruby, MacIntosh Apples are the most famous and most delicious apple in New England. Sorry you had to settle for it. Now she wants to eat apples to be like Jo March, even though she declares she doesn't really like them. Guess we know why you didn't feel good later. Two apples in a day for someone who never eats them mean trouble. lol

She never saw Sleepy Hollow, where the Alcotts, except for May (who died and was buried in Europe), Hawthorne, Emerson, Thoreau are buried. She didn't even mention that old burial ground right near where she stayed, knowing she got it all wrong. She didn't tour Emerson's House, The Old Manse (home to Hawthorne for 3 years and The Emersons), Concord Museum, which houses the entire library room from the Emerson House, which was moved from the original house across the street to the Museum, in tact, where it is safe from fire, because of all the rare objects. They recently catalogued it all with white gloves and photographing. Experts, mind you, not some clumsy like her. Concord Museum also has antique furniture, history of Concord and the Revolution, one of Paul Revere's lanterns, the desk, pencil, snowshoes and other items own by Thoreau. I mean, so much for literary tour.

Whilst sitting on her backside against that tree I could not help and laugh at how many people walk their dogs daily in this area and what happens at that tree. Also her comment on wanting to swim in that brook? That is a fall off gutter, where water and trash gather from the city. Sure...go take a swim in it, Ruby. Then she shows the boathouse from the Old Manse and sits there to read. Again, no information about its importance or that of the North Bridge. BTW, Rubes, that was where the river scenes were filmed in your favourite version of Little Women and we all got to stand on the bridge and sides watching it be filmed. The crew also went all around Concord Center and bought books and antiques for the movie props, as a kind gesture to the local businesses.

Then, after wearing that stupid costume that even Louisa wouldn't be caught dead in (I can't believe she lugged around so many ridiculous clothing pieces for this trip), she was off to Salem. Nothing about witchcraft trials or visiting the memorials, no touring the Witch House...just stood in front of it very awkwardly, didn't mention The House of the Seven Gables, and quickly ended the video. Most people are so full to the brim with information from tours and loads of interesting pictures and information from their trips, but everything seemed to just slip right by Ruby's blank mind. What a waste of money and time this entire expedition was!
I mean, we all know she has the money and business opportunities to potentially return to Massachusetts in the future if she wants to do any of these things.

Lutxy

Why would the BBC choose to sponsor Ruby? I thought there were strict rules on their advertising. The idea that they are doling out licence fee money to lazy YouTubers - especially for such a lame ass video - is rather annoying to me. There must be many genuine young creatives who need money to develop their talent or who would benefit from an organisation like the BBC sponsoring coaching or development opportunities as a better use of taxpayer money. I wouldn't even mind if they offered her some training in how to edit or develop content rather than just pay her to put out this kind of cr*p.
Well they worked a few times with Grace Francesca so it doesn’t surprise me anymore