Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Yeah, because sending money to under-18s wouldn’t look dodgy at all … That is another thing though, she didn’t specify any kind of age limit. Whilst money’s tight for everyone, if I were a parent and my kid suddenly got £100 from some random YouTuber I’d be … concerned.
Literally? 100% it was her management who told her to delete that. Nothing to do with making people feel ‘invalidated’

Reactions: 21

vwxyz

The irony is that Ruby doesn't even need to romanticize her life...it's already a fairy tale. Wealthy family, palatial home, beautiful countryside all around, lavish vacations, and no responsibilities at all. I feel this way about so many of these influencers -- they've all got plenty of good shit going on in their lives. It's losers like me who need to make a big deal out of a fucking cup of tea or the color of the leaves to get through the day.
That's very true. What really pisses me off is this fake privilege awareness that Ruby and many other influencers have. It's just fake modesty which they use for even more bragging.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
View attachment 1705905

Ruby hates spending money on things full stop 😂 I remember in one of her first year university blogs, she put 50p in the wrong tumble dryer and seemed disproportionately put out by it. Daddy Bones probably paid for the hotel in exchange for getting her out of the family home for a few weeks.
She just doesn't understand the value of money imo. She pretends that things like dinner at a restaurant or a book are sooo expensive and such a big deal for her, yet she always wastes money on performative things she doesn't need.
Even that $17 copy of Candide, as I said you can get classics for free or very cheap. The ebook costs less than 1 euro on Amazon. You can find the PDF online for free because it's no longer copyrighted, and you can get a paperback copy for like 5-10 euros. If your budget for books is $20 maybe you shouldn't get the one book that you can easily read for free or for very cheap?
And like, people are allowed to spend their money in whatever way they want. Maybe Candide is your favorite piece of literature and you're happy to spend $17 to own a copy that looks good. But at least don't complain afterwards about how expensive it was and that you could only afford one book because of that, because you'd look like an idiot who's incapable of making sensible decisions about their own money.

custosmorum

Chatty Member
OH MY GOD, I'm cringing. It's both sad and mad. You're in Boston on Halloween and, instead of at least going to a coffee shop or some event to enjoy the atmosphere, you decide to do a disturbing reading of the world's most well-known poem. Alone, in your room. Something you could do at home.

I truly don't think she's alright. It seems like she was so scared to go anywhere. There are almost no clips of the outside. The video looks like a cry for help.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Mummy Bones is blogging again!

"We were meant to just stop to let Lola have a run on the beach but as we walked down the stone steps towards the shore, I managed to slip and land on my back. I cried out in agony and my husband helped me up as I was sobbing and hobbling back up to the van. Lola's escape was cut short and she was packed back in too. But, we decided not to drive on to Ullapool as previously planned, as it was too painful to sit in the van being bumped about. We set up camp instead at the stunning Shieldaig campsite, right bang opposite Shieldaig Island. It was clear skies and sunny, so I braved a walk with my sore spine; some paracetamol starting to dull the pain and took in the peninsula and absolute beauty from wherever you looked. A hot shower later saw to my aches and pains for the time being and we walked Lola to the local pub for a delicious feast."

Another blog, another predictable accident. If all this woman's embellished/fictional disasters were real, she'd be dead a dozen times over and there'd be nothing of their house left standing.

• Haha

ammie

She has the resources and what not to help donate to a shelter or food bank...this £100 to five people is like a cheap MrBeast giveaway. It comes across as poor taste because who will she pick, there's no proof she's sending the money to a real person that needs it...not a single thought huh

Also her new video..."I hope to be a writer someday"

Anyone can be a writer? You just have to write. Whether you publish independently or through an agency you are a writer. Does she equate writer to being well known like the classic writers were?

Griftwood

VIP Member
I'm reading the comments on her latest video because they are better than her videos and more entertaining. I found this comment and the replies to it. The part I underlined is what makes me angry. "It's always been this way." Meaning that there are always people who are poor, who cannot afford essential things like food, heating and a beautiful home. So this person is basically saying that it's okay, that we cannot change it, that there is no need to address it. But even with Ruby's disclaimer (which I skipped like .. the rest of the video). you can't just discard that topic. People should talk about the gap between poor and rich. It's not something we should just shrug of like this person with my red underlining is doing.
If it's always been that way that there are poor people and rich people – maybe people who say things like this should think why that is and not just leave comments like this.

View attachment 1690145
Her fans are so fucking toxic. There was someone else in the comments saying she should just thank god for having made her rich and ignore the haters. (Heavily paraphrased lol, let me see if I can find the comment.)

edit: lol it was the same person 😂 Stay toxic, Yesica 😂😂😂

B18C1522-3BD9-4FD6-81C2-91E1797B76FA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick

DanBanks

There's also a word for homebody and momma's girl, and it's arrested development.
Sure, but what does it mean to be a "developed" person? Its definition has been very fluid over time. If we'd been having this discussion about someone like Ruby 60 years ago, the consensus would have been that Ruby should be married or at least engaged by now. Thirty, even 20 years ago, this thread would have been full of comments about how Ruby really needed to get laid more than anything else. So what are the milestones of healthy development today? Living on one's own? A social life outside of the family? A job? I've known people who have those things and who are still emotionally stunted disasters on the inside. Ruby just wears her stunting on the outside.

She seems to hate youtube, she knows at this point that she's not a real writer, and she knows how difficult a master's would be. She has some real issues she needs to work through but she won't, she'll keep up the ads and poor content. She could transition into cottagecore but I don't think she even has that many ideas.
Exactly, this is why I think social media is her biggest problem right now. She can't just be herself because she's hooked on having fawning followers who think she's a poet or some shit, and she likes getting free stuff. And it's her only income. So she's locked into putting on this act. I agree that she doesn't have good ideas---she doesn't seem to be naturally creative and even when she does try something different (like this misbegotten trip) she executes it so poorly and with such a lack of commitment and effort. She's well off. Without an online audience, she could have a really comfortable, happy life doing very little and that might eventually allow her to become a healthier person overall.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Ruby really should be more careful about safety. It's not good that people can just find out where she's staying just by googling. There are lots of creeps out there and you can never be too careful as a young woman travelling or living alone.
Especially when she keeps showing what park she keeps frequenting. To be honest if I were her I would pre-record stories and take photos and then post them once I have left the area.

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
View attachment 1750779

"£18.50 each because inflation isn't fun"

Get the fuck outta here with this lying bullshit, Ruby. These cheap-ass wastes of paper cost pennies to produce. Your management team intentionally chose the cheapest supplier possible, hence the endless defects, issues, lack of product variety, zero customer service and shitty, shitty product quality. Don't act like this is anything but you trying to grift your fans for as much as you can. This is a Poundland planner dressed up. It should not cost this much for any reason.
This is giving strong "it's one banana, Michael, how much could it cost? 10 dollars?" vibes

• Haha

theMoth

Chatty Member
omg the shoes! :eek: does she not have another pair with her? does she only own these shoes? especially combined with the trousers they look awful. Even I can see that!

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Yeah I think there's a reason she didn't eat in the evenings and it wasn't the cost.

As you've all said though, good on her for taking the plunge into solo travel, hope she gets some proper therapy and not some nodding dog that reminds her of her mother.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Ironically, "more rhetoric than truth" describes Ruby's writings so well. She always uses (or rather misuses) a lot of words to say nothing at all
Yes, exactly! And I'm sure the interviewers will have picked up on that. ''More waffle than wisdom'' 😝

''Lord Henry is a paradigmatic sophist and his epigrams are delightful'' will never stop being an unintentionally brilliant sentence. Other highlights include quiscent, intercept, carnal and abstract, precepts, and The Comparisons.

Ruby talking to the Oxford tutor like
It wasn't as good as I remember it being. That's not to say it wasn't good, but I remember it being better. It was still better than pre-autumn because pre-autumn is worse than proper autumn and proper autumn is my favourite month after spring. It's not that I don't like spring, but spring isn't as satisfying as autumn because it doesn't give you an atominal feeling, so this is why I think Call Me By Your Name was slightly better (but not a lot better) when I read it the first time. If I read it in winter it might contain less wisdom because November doesn't contain much wisdom, although December does because it's when Jesus was born. Perhaps if Jesus had been born in November he also would have contained less wisdom. The Bible is my favourite religious text because it's the only one I've read, but I think it's better to read it in the right season. The Bible is more impressive than Call Me By Your Name because it is old but still contains wisdom. It is far away but also nearby and eternal and new and old and better, except the parts that are worse, and I always skip those and read Little Women instead.

Oh by the way, what is BRINE? Is Brine a character in the Bible?

Interviewer: 😬😐😖

Ruby Granger #34 Betwixt! More rhetoric than truth, says the sparrow.

(I tried to put as many things in there as I could)
Lol!

Ruby Granger #34 Betwixt and Blend! Will The Raven ever end?

• Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
She just doesn't understand the value of money imo. She pretends that things like dinner at a restaurant or a book are sooo expensive and such a big deal for her, yet she always wastes money on performative things she doesn't need.
I agree, she knows the price of everything and the value of nothing, which is why she does stupid shit like this, simultaneously falling into a coquettish, "I'm aware I'm very privileged!"

Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 11.19.14.png

• Wow

opal73

VIP Member
At least when she was still in uni it would be somewhat understandable because she had exams, projects, papers etc. But come on Ruby, your whole life is youtube now. I'm in agreement she needs to do some serious soul searching; it's obvious she hates making videos and only does it to earn an income or she would put more effort in.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
What you're both saying makes sense, but I doubt it was a big deal to the Oxford interviewer. This might sound odd, but they encourage interviewees to ask about unfamiliar terms. There are a couple of reasons for this: the student might misinterpret the text and get the wrong idea altogether, or they might waffle their way through a vague answer rather than owning up to their lack of knowledge. The tutors say they're looking for students who can listen to feedback and respond to constructive criticism. As long as you're demonstrating your thinking skills it doesn't matter if there's a small gap in your knowledge. I think brine had little to do with Ruby's Oxford rejection, though it's probably her LEAST FYAVORUT word in the English language. 😅 I think the interview process went badly because...well...we've all read her Goodreads reviews. Imagine the interviewer asking Ruby to discuss her thoughts on specific works of literature and getting replies like -

1668090855068.png

1668090963845.png

1668090991043.png

1668091090163.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20

abcbabe

ok this new video is the most ridiculous and awkward thing i have EVER watched in my life. like what? she stands in the rain with an expensive camera?! also the dog barking in the background lol she could have refilmed those or edited it out.. i swear she is truly losing the plot now

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
What. Does This. Even. Mean.
She totally did not know what lucratively meant (which is ironic considering she doesn't move a finger unless it's lucrative in some way), thought it was a synonym for lavish or luxurious, and then scrambled to find a meaning that sort of related to the actual meaning of the word lucrative (even though lucrative doesn't mean expensive either lol) to make it seem like she does know what it means, the viewers just didn't understand what she meant.

• Haha

Griftwood

VIP Member
lolol the lady doth protest too much 😂😂😂

4E974C0D-6DD0-40FA-882E-DED5FA096EFB.jpeg

edit: ”parlour” is pronounced ”parlow” and Emily Dickinson’s parlow was ”lucratively decorated” 😂😂😂 Someone come get me, I’m not well 😂😂😂

• Haha