Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ah Ruby is now modelling for her favourite brand.
A few items from Miss Patina look nice, but the clothes are clearly not for everyone. Not everyone can wear those big collars, long skirts/dresses, this whole vintage stuff. I would look ridiculous in them. and the material ... there are some cotton and wool clothes, but also polyester and ... spandex? and nylon? for a shirt? ugh, that sounds awful to wear.
why can't she at least do ads for sustainable fashion brands?

I think the closest translation in English sounds like it would be a ‘teacher’s pet’. Although teachers pets aren’t always academically ambitious, often they’re just general brown nosers who get their kicks out of sucking up to someone in a position of authority.
teacher's pet sounds cute. lol from your description does it fit the Streber image.

Reactions: 9
One of them is that she is a typical "Streber". That's a German word which cannot be translated into English without losing some of its fine nuances. It's a person who is extremely ambitious at school, but mostly because they crave short-term validation and praise from teachers. They don't necessarily have a specific goal for which you have to be extremely ambitious (such as becoming a doctor), they just love being the teacher's favourite, and to achieve that, they will tell tales, correct their peers, and use fake kindness to get on.
The fact that she is like this gets extremely evident if you watch her older videos or if you read Erimentha who is the perfect example of a Streber.
I think there is a word medical students use called a "gunner" for someone who is quite ruthless in their pursuit to be the best and willing to throw others under the bus by refusing to share notes, tattling and sucking up to the teachers. It's not quite the same as Streber, but in the same category.

Reactions: 7
See? She makes so many spelling mistakes it's unbelievable. Sometimes when I'm writing in English I make mistakes with things that I normally know too, maybe I use the wrong preposition or forget the -s for the third person. But it's a foreign language for me and as natural and it may be for me to write in English sometimes you slip up anyway. I can't imagine making so many tiny mistakes in my native language when writing short, easy words, and having a university degree too.

Reactions: 16
I have an auditory processing disorder that causes me to have difficulties with pronunciations and spelling, but not with reading. It's a bit awkward as I'm getting a language degree 😅 although I am considering making TikToks/videos on how I manage to get good grades despite studying exactly what I most struggle with. APD is a lot more than what I just explained, but wanted to share as it could very well be that Ruby has issues with auditory processing as well.
this has to be peak stupidity. I can't stand summer but surely prancing around in synthetic clothes layered on top of each other is not going to bring autumn any faster? was this for a miss patina photoshoot because I don't know what the theme is, if not BO 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 14
she mentions Blakeney in her latest story and thanks her for the "best belated birthday present". But she doesn't tag her but reminds us all that she still is friends with her.
Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 14.20.54.png

Reactions: 8
Untitled5745.jpg

Move over art critics, Ruby's coming for your jobs (jokes, we know this lazy clown's never going to get a job).

She loves this painting because the background's grey, but the hat is red. With those astute skills of critical analysis, it's easy to tell why she got a First in her English degree.

"I visited with the team from Miss Patina, whose clothing I've been wearing for years." Yes, because they sent you all those clothes for free in exchange for advertising them. This is another advertisement, you're supposed to declare that tit.

To the person who asked what we dislike about Ruby, this is right up there for me. Taking money from charities, exploiting the holocaust for her own personal gain, building an entire brand on promoting dangerously toxic habits, glorifying and encouraging ED habits and refusing to acknowledge it or admit fault is all top of the list. But this is right up there: The endless, compulsive lying and undeclared ads as she chases more free tit she doesn't need.

She can't just say "Here's an ad for [insert brand here] and here's what they do" or "I've worked with Miss Patina in the past and they've gifted me lots of clothes, so it was nice to work with them again". Instead she just can't stop lying her ass off, neglecting to mention brand relationships in breach of ASA rules and every gifted product has to be her favourite because she thinks lying and heaping glowing praise will get her more free stuff.

she mentions Blakeney in her latest story and thanks her for the "best belated birthday present". But she doesn't tag her but reminds us all that she still is friends with her.
View attachment 1495185
When I saw that it was Bard 'n' Bland tea, my first thought was that Ruby just grabbed some gifted teas from her free tea stockpile to make-believe Blakeney didn't just cut ties after graduation and then completely forgot all about Ruby's birthday.

"Blakeney is JANUINELY still moiy frand, avveryone! Look, she sent me something oiy alraddy gat for free and stroggle nyot to be repulsed by avvery toime oiy need to advertise them! She knyows me syo whal!"

Untitled568545675676uioouio9-0578979-098789989805467479]8090=-7675.jpg

"SYO GUD! MOIY NEW FAVOURITE!"

• Haha
Reactions: 23
regarding undeclared ads: what's the law in UK? In Germany you have to make sure that the social media post contains to word "Werbung" or "bezahlte Werbung" (ad/paid ad) if you got money for showing the item or if it's part of a partnership with a brand. I don't know the exact rules because I don't take part in any partnerships (and my blog and all my social media accounts are too small and insignificant).
but there were some influencers that got sued for not declaring a paid ad.

Reactions: 7
View attachment 1494643

It looks like they've let her do a photoshoot for their autumn line because they couldn't get anyone else to model their more ridiculous looking child's clothes for adults, with their comically oversized Harry Hill collars.

View attachment 1494638

View attachment 1494639

Of course her renewed fake obsession with it being autumn all year was just a precursor to something she's being paid for, and it shouldn't come as much surprise that the first time she visits and names an independent book shop instead of one of the Waterstones brand, it's because the Miss Patina photographer took her there.

View attachment 1494682
View attachment 1494645

Even less shocking is how she can't pose for photos without looking like a robotic alien fresh off the spaceship, gazing dead-eyed at the confusing world around her, or handling books like she has no clue what they are or how they work.

She also can't help herself and since this is a sponsor partnership, naturally she starts lying about how Miss Patina is her favourite place to shop, even though every single item she's ever had from them was gifted, half of which she just resold at practically full price on Depop. She loves them so much that she can't even say their name properly, it's always "MissPAH...teenah" when she says it.
The picture where she is in a brown long skirt with glasses really gives me Agnan ( the teacher's pet in Le Petit Nicolas/Little Nicholas in english)'s vibes. This character IS a male Ruby: learns everything by heart without thinking, throws temper tantrums when he's not the top of the class or things don't go in his way, the only place he wants to be is school, attention wh***, hypocritical and ready to lie. Except Agnan is a 8yo boy.
But it's SO Ruby it's scary !

I must tell you, watching this video when it's still 27°C at night (and 10°C more during the day these past days), with the distinct smell of nearby forests on fire since WEEKS, it has been an experience for sure. And I consider myself lucky enough to live in one of the coldest places in France right now, still far from the fires but in the warmth of the night, you can still smell them and when you suffer from asthma like I do... Well, let's say I've known better summers.

Ruby saying it's pre-Autumn isn't even tone deaf at this point, it's straight up delusional.
There's fires at few kilometers of my town and we're currently in rather severe water restrictions right now. I know that some years august can look like a september but she needs to think before posting a video like that... 2022 isn't the year for that. If I'm not wrong, two years before the summer was more rainy and she could say that it was like a pre autumn. It's just SO stupid regarding of the current news.

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1495207
"SYO GUD! MOIY NEW FAVOURITE!"
Haha, that screenshot never fails to make me laugh. What an expression!

If Ruby's 'pre-autumn' video was just a precursor to her Miss Patina collab then that's pretty dishonest. I can't see why else she'd make the video when it's clearly still summer. At least her weather-inappropriate outfit choices make sense now that we know it was for a photoshoot.

Reactions: 5
Haha, that screenshot never fails to make me laugh. What an expression!

If Ruby's 'pre-autumn' video was just a precursor to her Miss Patina collab then that's pretty dishonest. I can't see why else she'd make the video when it's clearly still summer. At least her weather-inappropriate outfit choices make sense now that we know it was for a photoshoot.
I loved it so much I made it my profile picture:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
There's fires at few kilometers of my town and we're currently in rather severe water restrictions right now. I know that some years august can look like a september but she needs to think before posting a video like that... 2022 isn't the year for that. If I'm not wrong, two years before the summer was more rainy and she could say that it was like a pre autumn. It's just SO stupid regarding of the current news.
This is one of the problems with Ruby. She lives in such a bubble of privilege that so much of her content come across as utterly tone-deaf, even now. I for one can’t want for her content this winter - lots of saying how lovely it is when the weather is cold, lots of sitting in her room in December with the windows wide open whilst huddling in a blanket and saying how lovely and aesthetic it is to be cold, lots of using winter as a reason to shill more overpriced hot drinks whilst munching on whatever free food she’s been gifted, and a thirty-minute ‘what I got for Christmas‘ video that was HOIGHLY, HOIGHLY requested.

She gets away with a lot because her audience is so young and/or uncritical (another thing that winds me up is the number of comments that call her a ‘girl’ - erm, nope, she’s an adult woman) but I can totally see her tipping over into ‘let them eat cake‘ territory. Influencers in general are going to find themselves treading an increasingly thin line over the next few months, I think, and Ruby’s no exception.

Reactions: 15
I'm lost for words at this outfit. It's been sweltering all week. How is she not collapsing in a puddle of sweat?
View attachment 1494116

This indescribable moron really wore a thick, layered child's school uniform to wander around London during a heatwave.
I wonder if it is part of the Miss Patina photoshoot? Only because there are no creases on the back from when she would have been sitting in the train/car on the way to London…?

Reactions: 1
Was literally coming on to say bless Ruby is on a school trip
At least she took the high-vis jacket she would wear for visibility/safeguarding to allow her mummy and the teachers to spot her off for the photo.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think she looked nice (but Christ she have be boiling) at the miss Patina photo shoot because she was actually styled properly for once so there was a cohesive theme, fit and colour to all the outfits usually when she wears miss patina she’ll shove some white tights and a cardigan on and call it a day so it’s actually quite nice to see her looking put together

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
I think she looked nice (but Christ she have be boiling) at the miss Patina photo shoot because she was actually styled properly for once so there was a cohesive theme, fit and colour to all the outfits usually when she wears miss patina she’ll shove some white tights and a cardigan on and call it a day so it’s actually quite nice to see her looking put together
I’d say I hope she picks up some pointers from this experience and is able to put together better outfits (sorry, AHNSAHMBLAYS) in future, but we all know she’s incapable of learning, so…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
regarding undeclared ads: what's the law in UK? In Germany you have to make sure that the social media post contains to word "Werbung" or "bezahlte Werbung" (ad/paid ad) if you got money for showing the item or if it's part of a partnership with a brand. I don't know the exact rules because I don't take part in any partnerships (and my blog and all my social media accounts are too small and insignificant).
but there were some influencers that got sued for not declaring a paid ad.
I'm sure people have already answered but, it's the same. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to posts and ads, but I have a friend who was a data analyst for cosmetic companies and she was responsible for collecting data in German and English. She once told me about undeclared ads, the law of adding 'add/paid ad' etc. into your post/video/story and how it has to be big enough to read; so it can't be tiny and barely legible.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure people have already answered but, it's the same. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to posts and ads, but I have a friend who was a data analyst for cosmetic companies and she was responsible for collecting data in German and English. She once told me about undeclared ads, the law of adding 'add/paid ad' etc. into your post/video/story and how it has to be big enough to read; so it can't be tiny and barely legible.
Yeah, it has to be clear that it's an ad in an Instagram post, and if it's a YouTube video, it has to be clear to viewers that it's an ad before clicking on the video.

The Sixteenth crowd (like Ruby, Jack Edwards and Eve Cornwell) are some of the worst for intentionally avoiding doing this. They all only put a tiny 'ad' in one corner of the video thumbnail, usually white text on light background, so it'll be practically invisible. Eve just doesn't bother at all, even though her newer videos are more ad than content. Ruby is awful for the white text on white background, or hiding gift declarations in as small a font as she can in Insta posts.

Ruby also seems to conveniently forget that the rules consider receiving a gifted product as a payment. Even if she wasn't given cash, a box of snack bars constitutes a payment, and every time she waves a snack bar at the camera, she’s supposed to declare it.

There's also a general rule that if there was an ad/sponsorship relationship with a brand that an influencer needs to declare that going forward when mentioning the brand/product for a reasonable period of time (I think it's 12-18 months?) even if that future post wasn't paid. Ruby never does this.

Reactions: 14
Ruby has uploaded again and it's a tour of a vintage writing desk and set up- though it looks like a primary school desk to me with how small it is, anxiously waiting for Gossip Guy's review!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.