Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ruby has uploaded again and it's a tour of a vintage writing desk and set up- though it looks like a primary school desk to me with how small it is, anxiously waiting for Gossip Guy's review!
Haven’t watched the video yet, but it looks in some of her recent content like she’s moved the old school desk from the lounge into her own room, right in front of the door? She’s hoarding all this junk in her room so she never needs to leave it.

Reactions: 16
I am genuinely concerned about her new video.

1. Why is she keeping the desk behind her door? it looks so out of place and extremely cluttered! She could be sat in her desk writing when someone could come into her room and hit her in the back with the door.

2. This is a childhood desk that she is actively using. Her regression is making me more and more concerned.

3. The amount of old things she has is also making me concerned for her. Maybe i shouldn't be so concerned but I am.

Reactions: 23
Does anyone else think her voice sounds lower pitched than usual in the new video (apart from in voiceovers)? I swear the music in that ancient clip of her writing her name with a quill at the end of the video is lower too. Roobee's shoddy editing strikes again?

Reactions: 4
what the duck is a highly decorative Easter egg?

why is her idea of organizing just adding more clutter?

I want to get her therapy.

Does anyone else think her voice sounds lower pitched than usual in the new video (apart from in voiceovers)? I swear the music in that ancient clip of her writing her name with a quill at the end of the video is lower too. Roobee's shoddy editing strikes again?
her mom was filming, so maybe she couldn't go full Hermione

Reactions: 10
I am genuinely concerned about her new video.

1. Why is she keeping the desk behind her door? it looks so out of place and extremely cluttered! She could be sat in her desk writing when someone could come into her room and hit her in the back with the door.

2. This is a childhood desk that she is actively using. Her regression is making me more and more concerned.

3. The amount of old things she has is also making me concerned for her. Maybe i shouldn't be so concerned but I am.
Their house is huge, why doesn't she set up a "writing room/office" somewhere?🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I'm skipping through the video and saw how she sits at her desk where her iMac is. BUY A F*CKING OFFICE CHAIR! I switched to my office chair yesterday, because it still was in my old room at my parent's house and I couldn't sit on the kitchen chair anymore (took my a few years to realise that). My old office chair is not that perfect (it's "Skruvsta" by IKEA) but I can adjust the height. btw Does Ruby know that she can change the position of the screen so that she doesn't have to crane her neck?

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 18.37.06.png

someone in the comments pointed out that her voice sounded different:
Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 18.45.53.png

My throat would be soar too if I would constantly overextend my voice. apropos soar throat: Had Ruby covid yet? because when she's out in London or elsewhere where a lot of people are, she isn't using a mask (I know it's not mandatory anymore, but I and a few other people I know still wear a mask while shopping or in certain situations and I still haven't got covid, but that might also be because I'm still very much "hiding" from big crowds). Maybe covid is scared of her or something. 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
It is lower! I just put the outro music side by side. Whole video is slightly lowered pitch, too. Odd?

Another note:

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 12.49.26 PM.png
10:26 Ruby shows off the chair then smacks it against her closet door without even a flinch

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I hate to be unnecessarily nitpicky (hahaha who am I kidding I love it) but how impractical are some of her storage methods. Hang on let me get out my ornate velvet-lined easter egg. Oh but first I have to take my typewriter off the desk and put it on the floor by the door.

side note if anyone is interested in a genuinely nice vintage desk set-up video I recommend checking out adventuredenali on youtube

• Haha
Why does she keep a photo of The Bridge of Sighs under her desk? At first, I thought she was in it, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced she keeps it for inspiration/manifestation purposes. Will she ever give up her dream of attending Oxford?

Screenshot (561).png

Reactions: 8
Why is she wearing a jumper and fully opaque tights in most of this video? It can't have been filmed in the past two weeks or so, surely.

Reactions: 8
not her still keeping up decorations from HP with JK Terfling being at an all time low.. also why is the quality 480p max?? the hands shots are fine but with the wider ones you can barely see wtf is going on, or is it all a ploy for it to feel more antique/vintage

Reactions: 7
Another note:

View attachment 1498254 10:26 Ruby shows off the chair then smacks it against her closet door without even a flinch
maybe she is used to smack furniture against furniture. I'm that kind of person that smacks things into other things or drops something. I then say to my (concerned) husband when he hears me smacking things "nothing happened!". sometimes I say this up to three times a day. :ROFLMAO: I'm a bit clumsy and Ruby seems like a clumsy kind of person too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
so she's now got her typing desk and also a handwriting desk...could she not just idk move the iMac whenever she wants to write and have the vintage desk in another room (like the 'snug') or something? She's going to be smacking into the chair every time she opens her bedroom door
Also she just invented a new word "antiques and vintages and things like that"
"I always fall in love with things from Europe" omg I haven't watched the news today as been on a train for most of it but I wasn't aware the UK had changed continents

• Haha
Reactions: 22
How many sponsored body-checking clothing stories are we going to get from Ruby now on Instagram because of this? I reckon that they'll be a vintage clothing video from her soon because of this or she'll be going on about how much she loves vintage fashion trying to get another sponsorship again as she's greedy.

I find the story in the gallery to be bizarre especially as it's a school uniform she is wearing especially with the wrinkled socks and shoes. She looks like a boarding school girl who has bunked out of school for the day and run away into town and is in a gallery. Do other people not see the childhood regression or is it just us?

I'm trying to find out if there is a particular reason that I don't like Ruby. I don't know if I am feeling jealous because I would like to become a writer and all she has the freedom to take the year off and to write all of her 'books' and perhaps the amount of money that she has. She's never had to work a proper job and deal with the public, and she got to spend so much time studying. I did spend a lot of studying -particularly as I was going about university with undiagnosed dyslexia and I was doing the long days to compensate with how much I struggled, but I was also working 30 hours a week and coping with my life- my marks were slightly lower than Ruby's ones. I am not jealous of the life that she has and I feel that I'm actually an adult and can function somewhat normally in society, unlike Ruby who seems to be detaching herself from it.

Not sure if that is the main reason I don't like Ruby, does anyone has any reason? Not sure if when it comes to Ruby that because she annoys me, I 'm bothered by everything.
I used to like her but then I read comments on here and started to see how fake and pretentious she is, whilst pretending she's not. Also there was a photo of her as a child which gave me chills, she looked almost demonic. Angry most definitely. I really don'r believe she reads any of the books she claims she reads, her review FFSs always sound like something she's read elsewhere and the the same adjectives repeated over and over, whatever book it is she's reviewing. Her precious attitude when she reads out loud makes me want to slap her. All this repetitive looking out the window in her ruddy nightdress has become so boring, as has the candle lighting and views out of her bedroom window. It's a shared driveway FFS! Is she a prisoner in her bedroom? Sadly I think she is but it's a prison of her own making. And the bottom sheet on her bed continually trailing on the floor, it looks like it's also actually half way down the bed, so she must lie directly on the mattress. Does she not see any of this? Or that mucky mark on the door? I would have thought she would notice these things when she edits her videos and do something about them, it's not like she's got anything else to do! And that brings me to the final irritation, the obsession with productivity. What exactly is she producing or creating? Pratting about the garden in a Victorian nightdress eating plums, making tea and lighting candles. What is productive about any of that? It's just pretentious fakery. I wonder what the neighbours in the central part of the manor or the east side think if they look out of their windows in the early morning and see this waif in her nightie floating around in their neighbours garden? The central bit is, or was, up for sale, not sure if it's sold now or not? I thought when she went to France that it really would be a new beginning for her and that her European trips had inspired her to venture out into the world, but no, she's back in her ruddy bedroom without any apparent focus, aim or intention. I feel sorry for her because I think she must be ill to not be able to take advantage of all the opportunities she has but at the same time she irritates me because she pretends to be a role model and she really isn't. I'd have more respect for her if she was honest about her mental health, eating disorders, fear of leaving home etc., because I know she's not on her own there and speaking up would help others and might help her too. I also wish she would use her own ruddy name, Ruby Bones and stop this Granger nonsense.

I see Ruby has a large number of postage stamps but she will have to use these within the next six months as they will become unusable as the postal service is going to be using a new barcode system to replace the traditional stamps. So the one that she was showing in the video will become unusable as it is using a left-facing profile face of Queen Elizabeth II but if the stamp is a special collection one then it can be used.
https://www.nationalworld.com/lifes...s-old-style-stamps-unusable-next-year-3796993

It is just me or has she made the video private because it isn't in her uploads anymore: Update she has reuploaded it in HD.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
so she's now got her typing desk and also a handwriting desk...could she not just idk move the iMac whenever she wants to write and have the vintage desk in another room (like the 'snug') or something? She's going to be smacking into the chair every time she opens her bedroom door
Also she just invented a new word "antiques and vintages and things like that"
"I always fall in love with things from Europe" omg I haven't watched the news today as been on a train for most of it but I wasn't aware the UK had changed continents
As if Europe isn't a whole continent with lots and lots of completely different countries

Reactions: 21
I hate to be unnecessarily nitpicky (hahaha who am I kidding I love it) but how impractical are some of her storage methods. Hang on let me get out my ornate velvet-lined easter egg. Oh but first I have to take my typewriter off the desk and put it on the floor by the door.

side note if anyone is interested in a genuinely nice vintage desk set-up video I recommend checking out adventuredenali on youtube
Yeah, and also her list-writing is so exaggerated it gets impractical and wastes so much time. Like, why do you make a list with all the things you want to put in a desk? Just move the things into the damn thing already. This is just giving her placebo productivity feelings, but doesn't make any task easier.

Reactions: 20
Her precious attitude when she reads out loud makes me want to slap her.
I can't stand that either.

You made a good point about it being a shared driveway. Imagine being her neighbours and seeing this girl wandering around in a nightdress and bare feet, eating plums straight from the tree and muttering to herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.