Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title suggestion:

Ruby Granger #31 Feeling pre-autominal in heatwave August

Reactions: 12
I'm sorry but that filthy coffee machine in her tiktok has pushed me over the edge and I have to comment here. I can't believe she thought that would be an acceptable standard of cleanliness for an "aesthetic" coffee making video. Surely you'd give it a wipe down before filming it for thousands of people to see?! The baking tray she used for shortbread in her latest video also appears to be caked in grime, like actual three dimensional filth, not just discolouration. She seems like such an unhygienic person. Imagine rolling around in the dirt, barefoot, wearing your nightie, then climbing straight into bed.

Reactions: 29
I don’t get why Ruby can’t just film a video in one day, rather than over several days. She makes things so much harder for no reason.
Mainly because then she wouldn't be able to show herself waking up at FOIVE THARRTY, writing six books, reading twelve novels, doing yoga, jogging ten miles, "cleaning" her room, writing an essay, doing arts and crafts, baking a cake, using all her MYOST FAVOURITEST sponsored PRODUCTS, reorganising her bookcase, etc. Her entire fabricated lifestyle and what's supposed to be an enviable productivity routine are completely reliant on those fake timescales, lies and cobbled-together footage.

Without that, people would see just how lazy she is, how sad and dull her days are, and how little she accomplishes with her time. Even the "slow living" days like the ones in that new video don't happen for her in reality. She's not frolicking endlessly through fields and writing her memoirs in notebooks all day long having a romanticised life. She's not reading books all day in her garden. She likely goes in her garden for 15 minutes to film and take photos of her grimacing and twirling or pretending to read, gets bored, then holes away in her room for the rest of the day or sits on her phone in the living room latched onto mummy.

If she showed an actual day in her life, I imagine it'd be completely uneventful even by Ruby standards. Lots of staring into space, deleting negative comments from wherever she can, clinging to mummy for dear life and watching children's TV, the occasional rejection email from publishers, management emails and zoom calls about her disappointing sales figures, followed by tantrums, lots of crying about how life dealt her a bad hand because she couldn't stay 12 forever, and spending twenty minutes mindlessly transferring things from one Notion page to another to give herself a productivity placebo.

Her narcissism won't allow her to show a normal day for her because she craves the ego boost of feeling superior to people too much, even if it's all lies.

Reactions: 27
View attachment 1492138
Rubes is you ok??

View attachment 1492140
Apparently not. Why is that bed sagging so much? Why is her room so messy, and why is the camera at a "creepy webcam" angle? Aren't those covers way too warm for summer? And oh lord, she's wearing the same dress she laid in the dirt in...

Here are her "aesthetic" shots, for your viewing pleasure:
View attachment 1492143
A mug on top of a patch of dirt, out of focus. A ball on a stick, in focus.

View attachment 1492144
A poor cat running away just as Rupert the Ghost appears. Half the shot is blocked by foliage, the other by a truck (anachronism much?).

View attachment 1492150
Dry grass in case you haven't seen any this summer...

View attachment 1492151
Here Ruby gleefully rips a dandelion out of the ground, blows the seeds, then smugly deposits it in the most sociopathic manner.

View attachment 1492153
Close-up of her shoe, in case you're feeling masochistic I guess? Or this is pre-Autumn from the POV of an ant! What a genius, Ruby! 5 stickers for you.

View attachment 1492155
The lavender was so beautiful, now she's massacred it so it looks like a bowl of insect droppings.

View attachment 1492156
Even with her head cut off she really looks like a 50 year old woman here.

View attachment 1492164
She looks at her letters in contempt, with tight lips and an annoyed frown.

View attachment 1492165
The crooked shot is triggering my perfectionism. The mismatched furniture as well.
Why is there a couch outside? What if it rains?

A rushed, ham-fisted ad at the end. And then:
View attachment 1492169
Is Rubes ok? It's clearly still the afternoon here. She's actually delusional.

-ABRUPT END-

What exactly is she trying to accomplish with this video? It was so jarring, so un-aesthetic, so un-relaxing. Production quality is the same as when she'd just started Youtube 7 years ago. There's no coherent theme, no continuity at all. Definitely one of the most confusing and entertaining Rube videos to date. I would actually laugh if I weren't so appalled by what I saw. She's truly the gift that keeps on giving.

She's definitely trying to copy the TheCottageFairy but fails miserably. For example, is like a a Ghibli movie in comparison. The lighting is so gentle, and there's some cozy recipes in there. After watching her videos I feel calm and loved.

While Ruby can fake being a smart bookworm, she can't fake being a good Youtuber. The proof is right there, in front of your eyes.

Edit: I apologize for the state of this post. It's almost as messy as the video itself..

View attachment 1492183
This top comment sums it up so well.

View attachment 1492185
The majority of the photos are links and when I clicked them the new page said: 'Oops! We ran into some problems. You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.' Why? Does anyone else have this problem?

Reactions: 7
The majority of the photos are links and when I clicked them the new page said: 'Oops! We ran into some problems. You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.' Why? Does anyone else have this problem?
yes I have the same problem

Reactions: 2
I know we make fun of Ruby but my god do I actually just feel sorry for her now. It's like watching someone lose touch with reality really really slowly and I can't look away lol

Reactions: 20
Doesn’t autumn start on the first of August in the UK? In Ireland August is the first month of Autumn!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Doesn’t autumn start on the first of August in the UK? In Ireland August is the first month of Autumn!
the meteorological autumn starts at 1 September, the calendar-thingy autumn around the 22 September (Germany). I think the same applies for uk and the whole world or northern hemisphere

I'm convinced she has some sort of issue with processing or producing written words. She gets too many of them wrong. And very easy ones too. "Sprig" has five letters. Like come on. It's a common word too.
I've wondered about this too. Not all the mistakes can be explained by autocorrect. Remember that uni assignment where she wrote DEPACLE instead of debacle? Ruby claimed later that she hadn't noticed it, but I don't think this is true. There's no way she'd submit such an important third-year assignment without checking first. Also, it formed part of an illustrated children's story, so the word was written inside a speech bubble (iirc?) in a way that's not easy to miss. This is just one example of Ruby's language errors - mistakes that you wouldn't expect to see from a native speaker unless they had dyslexia or a related problem. The pronunciation errors are slightly more understandable if it's a case of reading the word but not hearing it. Even so, they're very frequent and unexpected for a literature student.

I remember an educational psychologist telling me that children who read lots of books generally have better general knowledge than their non-bookworm peers, but Ruby's general knowledge doesn't seem that great either.

If Ruby does have a learning difficulty then she deserves some praise for doing so well at uni. That takes determination and hard work. On the other hand, I think her need to be seen as the Perfect Child Prodigy is stopping her from getting a diagnosis and accessing whatever help she needs. This is frustrating because I think a diagnosis could be beneficial for Ruby. Sadly, I don't think she's humble enough to accept one right now. I can totally imagine her getting defensive if anyone tried to suggest autism or dyslexia, for example. She'd see it as a massive flaw and a threat to her self-image.

Reactions: 23
I've wondered about this too. Not all the mistakes can be explained by autocorrect. Remember that uni assignment where she wrote DEPACLE instead of debacle? Ruby claimed later that she hadn't noticed it, but I don't think this is true. There's no way she'd submit such an important third-year assignment without checking first. Also, it formed part of an illustrated children's story, so the word was written inside a speech bubble (iirc?) in a way that's not easy to miss.
Yeah, there's no way she didn't think she'd gotten it right. She wrote it, illustrated it, filmed it and edited the footage of it, so she'd have seen it multiple times staring her in the face. Then when she got her feedback, correcting it, she said, "I misspelled DAPPACKLE?! (She checks her picture book and sees "depacle")...Ohhh nooo..."a TA-PACKLE!" How did I miss that?!"

But her stupidity is so widespread and goes so far beyond language that a big part of me thinks she's just a massive dumbass who never improves any of her shortcomings because she never accepts that she got something wrong to begin with.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
she is using her pj has a normal dress, lying on the ground... maybe i am weird but i find this so disgusting bc then she will go back to bed with the same dress probably

1660318702743.png

another thing to add is, why in her last youtube video she is forcing to have a very British strong accent? I mean, there are times where I can not even understand what is she saying but in other videos her accent was quite different

Reactions: 15
she is using her pj has a normal dress, lying on the ground... maybe i am weird but i find this so disgusting bc then she will go back to bed with the same dress probably
Not to worry, at this point the dirty lawn is probably cleaner than her bed considering she hasn't changed her sheets in several months.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yeah, there's no way she didn't think she'd gotten it right. She wrote it, illustrated it, filmed it and edited the footage of it, so she'd have seen it multiple times staring her in the face. Then when she got her feedback, correcting it, she said, "I misspelled DAPPACKLE?! (She checks her picture book and sees "depacle")...Ohhh nooo..."a TA-PACKLE!" How did I miss that?!"

But her stupidity is so widespread and goes so far beyond language that a big part of me thinks she's just a massive dumbass who never improves any of her shortcomings because she never accepts that she got something wrong to begin with.
Looking at her constant grammar mistakes she probably does have dyslexia (not diagnosing her, she should probably get tested). It's sad because a lot of people who have dyslexia often feel less capable than others because of it. If she was diagnosed she could start making videos on it and how she's still gone on to pursue English and writing despite it. She'd probably get a lot more respect from her audience for being open about something like that and be more relatable rather than keeping up her current fake image

Reactions: 13
Looking at her constant grammar mistakes she probably does have dyslexia (not diagnosing her, she should probably get tested). It's sad because a lot of people who have dyslexia often feel less capable than others because of it. If she was diagnosed she could start making videos on it and how she's still gone on to pursue English and writing despite it. She'd probably get a lot more respect from her audience for being open about something like that and be more relatable rather than keeping up her current fake image
I seriously doubt she has dyslexia - we’ve seen enough of her handwriting, she’d be making a lot more mistakes. I think it’s more to do with her general sloppiness and overconfidence in her own abilities. She also has a very short attention span (she can’t even watch a whole episode of a TV show) and undereating wouldn’t help with that. So once she writes a post (or anything else, really), she probably doesn’t look at it again. She likes to go on about ”editing” her wahhrk, but I have a sneaking feeling she lets spellcheck do the heavy lifting and whatever isn’t caught by it, she just lets slide.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I think she could have mild dyslexia too. It might be part of the reason why doesn’t read much and tends to quit books a few chapters in as she probably hasn’t developed the skills to combat it. It’s less likely for dyslexia to be diagnosed in a child when the kid is performing well at school overall the way Ruby would have been.
There’s a youtuber called Emma Angeline (SarcasticFish) who is dyslexic and studied comparative literature at Kings College London. She’s extremely well read and has made a lot of videos about how she’s developed reading skills as a dyslexic person when it’s usually harder for them. I recommend her channel!

Last edited:
There’s a youtuber called Emma Angeline (SarcasticFish) who is dyslexic and studied comparative literature at Kings College London. She’s extremely well read and has made a lot of videos about how she’s developed reading skills as a dyslexic person when it’s usually harder for them. I recommend her channel!
I second this!! Been watching her videos for a few years now and she is one of my favourites!!

Reactions: 5
I seriously doubt she has dyslexia - we’ve seen enough of her handwriting, she’d be making a lot more mistakes. I think it’s more to do with her general sloppiness and overconfidence in her own abilities. She also has a very short attention span (she can’t even watch a whole episode of a TV show) and undereating wouldn’t help with that. So once she writes a post (or anything else, really), she probably doesn’t look at it again. She likes to go on about ”editing” her wahhrk, but I have a sneaking feeling she lets spellcheck do the heavy lifting and whatever isn’t caught by it, she just lets slide.
Just a speculation, she's sloppy with her social media posts and uni work but at the end of the day who knows. It could well be sloppiness/overconfidence too

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.