Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I didn’t even catch this when watching her video, but tons of people in the comments are pointing out that South Dakota is not in the deep South of the US 😂🤦
I watched the whole video, but somehow missed this bit! Must have zoned out by the time we got to South Dakota. 😂

It's so weird how she seems to begrudgingly hop onto a trend two years after the fact. Remember when she "read" Miller's Song of Achilles? She seemed to have difficulty just reading it (not enough Sparknotes/ secondary readings for her to mooch off of like she does in her lit degree?) and made a huge deal out of it. For a bookworm you would think opening a book and aiming your eyes on some words would be second nature.
I've noticed this too. It's not unusual for influencers to jump onto book trends, but it's strange how Ruby leaves a long gap between the hype and actually getting around to reading it. I thought the CMBYN posts were never going to end lol. She also changes her mind about books - didn't Ruby dislike TSOA and then change her rating after other people said they loved it? That said, I liked lots of her summer book choices. The Go-Between is a great book.

Did Ruby ever mention reading The Secret History? It's long and I'm not sure she'd enjoy it, but it's the ultimate dark macadeemia novel. (P.S. no spoilers please! I've only read one chapter so far)

Reactions: 3
Just watched her old "anti-bullying" video about assumptions that people make about her, and what's even the point of it? All the assumptions are correct, and she confirmed them! And none of them are rude or bad, she just quotes someone's assumption like "you don't drink alcohol" or "you prefer one-on-one conversations", how is that even bullying?? It feels like she desperately wanted to be interviewed - you know, all of us sometimes imagine like we're being interviewed by David Letterman (or is it just me?). Guys... please beware of making the assumption that she doesn't know how to play chess, or she'll bully us with another video aggressively confirming this.

Wow, she is incredibly messy and aggressive in her new tiktok video. It's not her words but her facial expressions and her voice. She's trying to say something reasonable and prove that she doesn't care, but it's so obvious that she wants to rip out your heart and eat it.

"It doesn't bother me, I take it as a compliment"
View attachment 1451996

Anyone needs a new profile picture?

View attachment 1451998
View attachment 1451999
So much tension in her jaw she's gonna end up with a headache.

Ruby: "I AWLWHEYS enjoy wroiyting and it NAVVER feels like work."

Also Ruby:
View attachment 1452817

Shocking twist: I actually quite like her jumper.

Not shocking twist: She paired it with "kyoooo-lots" and brown boots and I'm like, what the fuck are you even doing? None of this shit remotely goes together.
Would it damage her brand to say "I love writing but I'm not in the mood to do so ALL the time. Sometimes I'd rather go twirl in a field or cloudbathe instead"?

Last edited:

bananapeel

Ruby: "I AWLWHEYS enjoy wroiyting and it NAVVER feels like work."

Also Ruby:
View attachment 1452817

Shocking twist: I actually like quite her jumper.

Not shocking twist: She paired it with "kyoooo-lots" and brown boots and I'm like, what the fuck are you even doing? None of this shit remotely goes together.
Oof yes I like the jumper too... Knowing her it's probably from Boden!

morganmichelle

It seems Ruby can not only misspell easy words, but can also misread or mispronounce easy words. I watched the first 6 minutes of her 'I created my own dream blabla' video and noticed there was a cut before 'sentinel' at 5:19 yet she still managed to mispronounce it. It's sen-tih-nal not sen-neh-tal. I'll never understand how she managed to pass her University exams.

Edit: The way she pronounces ambience hurts my ears. Yes it's the British English pronunciation but it's a French word, and that's not how you pronounce it in French. Didn't she take french at some point?? She should know how to pronounce words correctly.

Last edited:

bananapeel

are interviews standard when applying to university in UK? or is it an Oxbridge-thing?
Here in Germany, at least at the not-private universities, you just enrol in the course you want to study and that's it. some ccourses require a certain grade, like medicine which has a very high numerus clausus, but there are other courses which require a NC but they aren't as high as for medicine. For some courses you need to show some work, especially in fields like art or design. But I just needed to enrol, show my university entrance certificate, pay for the semester and fill in some forms. I got a mug as a welcome present from the university shop. :D
Same process with my master's. That was even easier, because it was completely online due to the pandemic. 😃 (they send me my bachelor's certificate by mail because it was 2020 and no personal visit at the office was allowed). I could even apply for my thesis online. No actual paper required.
It depends on the degree and the university. Oxbridge always do interviews for their Bachelor degrees, Cambridge holds interviews for their PhD programmes too. But many British unis don't do interviews at all, they might ask for a research proposal, certain grades, but not an interview.

Generally speaking, popular UK programmes are more competitive than German ones (with the exception of medicine and a few other programmes) in the sense that they require higher grades and/or interviews.
Still, there is of course huge variety in standing between different British unis, and the same goes for Germany.

Lasagnacreamcone

Do you think her parents vote Tory? They seem like far left folk to me, but if Ruby said they are then I'm wrong.
Doesn't his dad have money in a fiscal paradise or something ?
I am not aware at all of the politic climate in Britain tho, I know Thatcher and Churchill were absolute evil and that's pretty much it. If ever a kind soul (lol) wants to do a very, very short resume that would be cool.

Reactions: 2

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I imagine it's also very hard to live independently in a place like that if you don't have a driver's license and a car. I know bc my parents live in a place like that and I don't drive. So when I'm at their house I constantly have to rely on them, my boyfriend or the shaky local bus system to get around, or I have to walk. I hate it and I'm glad I don't live here full time lol
Yeah that's a good point. There's nothing stopping Ruby from taking driving lessons during her gap year. It would be the perfect time to learn.

In other news, some lucky person is getting a free planner. I think it's funny that she's sending one to a student who's literally about to finish their time at school.

1660752503783.png

Last edited:

Elekktra

In her recent tiktoks she looked like a victorian Boy, but today she encompases the vibe of a middleage woman. How versatile of her!
i thiiink she only dresses weirdly at her parents' (So only for youtube and tiktok).😅
I think she dresses normal (Usuuually) when going out.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Ruby is also modelling the Villette Dress yet unlike the Granger dress this is more size inclusive as it goes up to a XXL which is apparently a UK Size 16, but according to the UK size charts the dresses aren't matching the equivalent size of what they should be.
1660989156300.png

1660989254216.png

theMoth

Chatty Member
The majority of the photos are links and when I clicked them the new page said: 'Oops! We ran into some problems. You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.' Why? Does anyone else have this problem?
yes I have the same problem

gisellejoly

Doesn’t autumn start on the first of August in the UK? In Ireland August is the first month of Autumn!

• Wow

xoxoxo13

VIP Member
The word 'spotty' just makes me think of Dalmatians (or underwear when your period is approaching)
did she say spotty because she's stupid and can't think of the proper word or did she say it to sound more child like?

SpidersWeb

😬
Her sister marrrrrrrfa (or however she spells it) will probably calm down, hold down a full time job, move out soon. By contrast Ruby will be wearing pigtails and nightgowns at 6pm, muttering to herself in the garden.

I think she should go on a residential writing course or something related to her craft. That way, she gets to write, spend time with fellow writers and also experience something outside of home and school/uni.
Marfa posted a video about having moved to Brighton. She seems to be struggling too.

Elekktra

Those three names could be combined into one insufferable name, leaving room for Hermione as the obvious middle name and Frederica in memory of the dead fly. Philomenttie Frederica Hermione Scapier. @Scapier88 here are our name suggestions & you can thank us later. 😝
I think she named her Aurora.
But don't trust me, you know my 💩 brain. lol
Which reminds me... Harry Potter was an Auror... 😆 A 2nd bad omen.😂

yayadumpling

idk of any other australians who DON'T pronounce it am-be-anss lol! the only ones who would pronounce it the french way would be those with english parents or people in the upper classes