Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Does anyone else think her voice sounds lower pitched than usual in the new video (apart from in voiceovers)? I swear the music in that ancient clip of her writing her name with a quill at the end of the video is lower too. Roobee's shoddy editing strikes again?

Reactions: 4

TheTatler

In her latest tiktok she is having a campout in her garden, but she can't think of a book where characters go camping and she is having to ask her to followers to comment for a book to read that involves the characters camping.
I just checked her Goodreads profile, she has 764 books on her TBR, surely she has a lot of options!

• Haha

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of Rupi Kaur's poetry, but she's Instagram famous and writes about women's issues, so maybe that's why Ruby is keen to recommend her book.

vwxyz

I just read the plot summary on Wikipedia of call me by your name (I haven’t read the book or seen the film) and didn’t Ruby use the exact words from the first sentences of the summary in one of her recent videos?
Okay but how can someone be THAT stupid? I get that influencers (including our not so naive and innocent Ruby) are all fake to a certain extent, but come on, make the tiniest bit of effort at faking, please. Copy your friend's summary, but don't copy from the most popular online encyclopedia

Griftwood

VIP Member
Same - does anyone know where it's from? It'll probably be somewhere stupidly expensive and out of my budget, knowing Ruby, but I'm holding out hope haha
She says in the video that it was her mother’s and is from 30 years ago.

bunnys

Sorry if this is off-topic or anything, but would anyone have any other study youtubers they'd recommend? I liked the "cosy" sort of atmosphere of old StudyTuber videos, and I always like revision tips and days in my life and that sort of thing. Most of the UK StudyTubers have aged out or are unrelatable so I'd love some good recs, thanks guys xx

dodadedo

She was speaking about going to America but not heard anything else, not sure when it was kind of her surfer/beach girl asthetic that she had -or did I make this up? Wonder where she was wanting to go in America and what she'll think of it?
She wanted to go to visit the homes of her MOST FAVOURITEST AUTHORS EVER like Ahmily Dackansan and NaTHAYneeyal Hawthan and Hahman Malval

• Haha
I check Tattle and find we're all arguing about ambience. 😂
Sorry to be quoting your post, I’m too lazy to go back. 🥴 Where is this energy for words like karaoke or bungalow though? If one, why not all? All languages borrow from other languages and adapt them to their own pronunciations. Japanese is a big example of this (and the one with which I’m probably most familiar with), they adopt a lot of loanwords and pronounce them according to their syllable structure (e.g. bike —> baiku, cake —> keki).

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
she's definitely saying it wrong I think, I'd say it like etty-kut. I remember a teacher saying he would never begrudge anyone for saying long words wrong as usually it means you've only read the words and never heard them said out loud which is fair but Ruby has had such an expensive education it's odd that she gets words like percent and foliage wrong
Also in this day and age you can learn how to say pretty much any word you want on the Internet lol. There's really no excuse to the amount of words and names she mispronounces in her videos

Lasagnacreamcone

Ah yes, Commander Vimes' famous 'Boots' theory of socio-economic unfairness, as described in Men At Arms:

"A really good pair of leather boots, the sort that would last years and years, cost fifty dollars. This was beyond his pocket and the most he could hope for was an affordable pair of boots costing ten dollars, which might with luck last a year or so before he would need to resort to makeshift cardboard insoles so as to prolong the moment of shelling out another ten dollars.

Therefore over a period of ten years, he might have paid out a hundred dollars on boots, twice as much as the man who could afford fifty dollars up front ten years before. And he would still have wet feet."
Yes that's exactly it thank you so much !

Hey guys, I read the thread but don't post but just looked up Ruby's dad and goodness me, how many companies does this man have!?
I believe he has six..? I think. I don't want to look into it to much bc it kinda feel like doxing but also that would be kinda funny if someone here discovered some dark shit about him and we'd make the news and all.

Last edited:

LurkTwice

Just googled 1 pound to INR. 50 £ is 4800 rupees. At her age (not that many years ago!) I used to spend that much amount in two months approx. Her content promotes heavy consumerism of vintage and aesthetic things which a normal person wouldn't even need in real life. How many people is she gifting Christmas cards to? 5000?
from my own experience of buying the odd washi tape in the past, they’re usually like £1-£2 each depending on where you buy from, especially if you’re getting them from a small business. How many bloody washi tapes is she buying?? Who actually needs that many???

dodadedo

Does she say culottes strangely to anyone else or do all Southerners say it like that? I've only ever heard it pronounced as cu-lots but she says coo-lots
Older post I'm replying to but- am Southerner. Can confirm, she's just a dickhead.

• Haha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
They really don't live in the 'middle of nowhere'! It's one of the most affluent and beautiful areas of the UK. [and major commuter belt for London, particularly for media and TV people] This just shows how misleading it is to rely on what is shown in Ruby's videos if people really believe this.
I guess, it looks like there's nothing and no one around when she goes on her walks lol that's what I mean by middle of nowhere