Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
View attachment 1495207
"SYO GUD! MOIY NEW FAVOURITE!"
Haha, that screenshot never fails to make me laugh. What an expression!

If Ruby's 'pre-autumn' video was just a precursor to her Miss Patina collab then that's pretty dishonest. I can't see why else she'd make the video when it's clearly still summer. At least her weather-inappropriate outfit choices make sense now that we know it was for a photoshoot.

Reactions: 5

pineapplesandcheese

Her life looks so miserable to me. At 22 years old I wouldn't want to live like an orphan in a dirty, squalid Victorian boarding house.
Not once has she shown an aspect of her life that's inspired any sort of envy or positive feeling in me. You know, something that makes you think "wow, she's so lucky, I wanna live like her". Yeah her family is rich but she doesn't really use any of that money to actually enjoy her life, she just hoards it and essentially sits on it in her bedroom like a dragon. Their house is filthy and bleak, they live in the middle of nowhere, Ruby never goes anywhere, the food they eat is terrible, she has no friends, her Youtube channel is nothing to be proud of, she has no skills. I feel sorry for her
I'm definitely envious of how rich her parents are and how they went to Italy and Paris in one summer...but she doesn't really do anything with the material advantages she has. For example, she could afford to learn to drive and get a car, then she wouldn't be so isolated

theMoth

Chatty Member
is she struggling for content because why is deeping a Instagram post about biscuits? I knew she was a rich tea girl though
maybe she will be selling biscuits soon in her online shop. :ROFLMAO: she could use her iPad and pencil to make some biscuit stickers for Instagram Stories (and hasn't she a cricut? I remember her posting it on Instagram somewhere last year or so? she could even print her won stickers and sell them! I wish I had a printer like that. I love drawing on my iPad and designing and printing sticker would be great. And if Ruby even owns a printer like the Cricut, why doesn't she make use of it? aaaah she has so much opportunities und money for things that others have to save months!)

allthemyths

Hi me too haha
(not in terms of nationality, but in terms of native language)
Completely OT And so am I, hallöchen 👋 Imagine Ruby pulling a Jade and living in Berlin for some time. (Not that something like that would ever happen to her…)

• Heart
  • Haha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
At the risk of going off topic, Thatcher never wrote an autobiography. There is what is, in effect, an authorised biography, in the sense that she made it known to friends and associates that they had her permission to speak to her biographer [Charles Moore] and he agreed that it would not be published until after her death, and therefore never read by her. Those who spoke therefore knew she would not know what they said. I think that's a bout as far as you can go in marrying access to those with the real tea with a lack of pressure on them to please the subject.
I do own her autobiography, it was one of the main sources for my thesis about her foreign policy. It's titled Margaret Thatcher the Autobiography and it is written in the first person. But it may have been published after her death I'm not sure

Btw talking about reading books by or about despicable people, I probably strongly disagree with every single one of Thatcher's political views but I have not one but two books with her face on it on my bookshelf lmao and a couple more on my kindle reader about her and Reagan
(As I said I wrote my Bachelor's thesis on the Anglo-American relationship before and during the Thatcher era. I wanted to explore how the special relationship narrative contributed to the Brexit discourse as well but my advisor said it was too broad of a topic)

Chickpea9

]

To answer your question in short, yes I do. I say tor-tee-ya not -tor-til-lah, jalapeño not jah-la-peno. Why? Because that's how it's pronounced correctly. And asking if you pronounce Francis the same way you pronounce François is a silly question. Francis is an English name, François a French name. You don't pronounce Frances the same way you pronounce François😅
Those aren’t the questions I asked, but okay. You‘re obviously unable to defend what you said so I’m not going to labour the point any more

Griftwood

VIP Member
The fact that she spun her head when it hit 12...she could not be more predictable.

Ear age of 12, mental age of 11, physical age of 74.
I got 12 as well so it can’t be very accurate 😂 there’s another one going around that starts from a low pitch and goes higher, and I scored about 65 on that one 🤦 so who tf knows

timemoveson

Chatty Member
Still, I feel like Ruby just isn’t interested in that sort of shit (or politics at all for that matter) so I don’t know why she has so many books either written by or about tories.
She just has them to bulk up her “total books read” number IMO

bananapeel

I totally want to join this Tattle knitting group! I spend a lot on craft supplies from time to time, but always in a bulk order that I then use for months if not years. I wait for things to go on sale and buy what I need. Just checked my drawer and I've got 7 rolls of washi tape and they cost me about 4 pounds total?
Ruby's order was 50 pounds on sale. Imagine how much washi tape that is.

Last edited:

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
I'm definitely envious of how rich her parents are and how they went to Italy and Paris in one summer...but she doesn't really do anything with the material advantages she has. For example, she could afford to learn to drive and get a car, then she wouldn't be so isolated
Exactly. Of course I wish I had the money they had but I don't actually envy the way they live, because they don't seem to use it for anything other than for travelling this year and drowning their daughters in gifts that end up under a bed gathering dust lol

morganmichelle

View attachment 1452864

Oversized jumper paired with culotte trousers (or "kyoooo-lots" in Rubyspeak), brown boots and a random oversized scrunchie on her wrist the same colour as her sleeves.

It's just a fashion disaster.

Speaking of Rubyspeak:

View attachment 1452870

Ahh, yes, everyone's accent naturally changes from their normal accent to some improvisational jazz version of human speech filtered through the vocal stylings of fictional children throughout the day. I often ping-pong back and forth between sounding like Queen Elizabeth and Danny Dyer. It just happens, everyone does it.
Ok, you guys. Remember when I said a certain outfit was her worst one to date? I've changed my mind... THIS is the worst outfit she's worn to date, despite me actually liking that jumper (in July?!).

• Haha

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Update: on her 'Granger lifestyle' Pinterest board, she has this book:

View attachment 1511158
May I nominate Ruby Granger #31: At home again: a Victorian children's book
as the next thread title?
This book encapsulates way too much of what she's been displaying: moving back into her childhood room, obsession with white Victorian sanatorium dresses, childhood, reading children's books...
Omg please. When I saw "At home again" I nearly pissed myself

• Haha

figgypud

Chatty Member
Erm, yes, correct. That is indeed my opinion and clearly others agree with me but what do you want me to say here lol? It seems like you expected people to back you up and now you’re upset that they didn’t?!

I’ve thought this for a while to be honest. I didn’t want to speculate because her mum comes off as being very sweet on camera, but something has gone very wrong with Ruby and the way she clings to childhood is worrying tbh. There must be some sort of very strange family dynamic going on there.
I do wonder whether, because Ruby has been in therapy before, her family appease and enable her so much because to them it's better than the alternative of her being extremely ill. Of course that's no good in the long run and I wouldn't call her completely "well" but I can see it.

pineapplesandcheese

For a year or so we had, that was when I was a teenager, sport lessons/class?! (I don't know how you would call it in English) separated from the boys. It was just an experiment, but I never got the point. I hated sports in school anyway, boys or no boys.
I went to a mixed school but PE (that's usually what sports class is called in the UK) was always separated into girls and boys, we also often werent allowed to play the same sports, boys usually played football and rugby, girls usually played netball and rounders. One time we played dodgeball with the boys and I hated it because of how much harder they could throw😅😅
It's funny but I think you can definitely tell when someone went to an all girl's school. I knew a girl once who was really nice but I wasn't surprised when she said she went to one, she just gave off that vibe😂

Saskia69

Chatty Member
In today’s video she boasts that she has made a weekly reset routine that viewers can download. Can anyone advise what an “accompliment” is? 🙈😂
“update revision notes”… is she planning to channel Holly G even more with her own tutoring venture? If not, edit that to”BIN revision notes”!

mooncat

Oh wow, you're right. It's as though she heard us talking about her childlike fashion sense, so now she's gone in the opposite direction and is trying to look as old as possible. Seriously, she manages to look every age except her own. 😅 First we had waifish Victorian urchin Ruby, then it was Alice in Wonderland/Matilda/Anne of Green Gables cosplay Ruby. Then there was the appearance of Edwardian Beret Child Ruby. We made it through the endless autumn of the autominal red study shawl. There was a brief glimpse of hope with the white dress in Italy, but now she's fully looking like someone's grandmother at an antiques sale, and it's as if she's skipped from infancy to old age without ever having a normal period in between.

Lol yes, that was Ruby at her peak Hermione phase. 1:27 to 1:29 kills me. ''So you come to terms ----scrunches face--- ---unhinged whisper---- with what it is about.''
Don’t know if this is an England thing but why would you learn a whole paragraph by heart (if that’s what she was doing, already forgot tbh). It seems highly ineffective so it’s absolutely something I could see Ruby come up with. When I was learning languages in school (in Germany) we were doing those transfer kinda exercises and spontaneous speaking so we could adapt to unexpected scenarios. Feel like what Ruby is doing there gets you good grades but nothing beyond it