Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know French as a second language and was too self-conscious to speak it when I went to Paris lol (I once bought a roast chicken and the bewildered shopkeeper asked me where I was from after I switched to my Canadian English to talk to my brother... anyway). I would genuinely like her to try, it'd probably be good for her to give it a go
Trying to speak your target language with native speakers is absolutely terrifying in general lol but it's also a necessary step if you want to become proficient in a language. Plus it's all in your head anyway. The people you're talking to are more likely to be impressed than judge you. And even if they do judge you who cares, learning a new language is hard, nobody just wakes up one morning having become fluent in a new language.

Reactions: 13

I'm not even sure if this video is related to the thread because I've not watched it but I saw her name and had to share it with you guys!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I know French as a second language and was too self-conscious to speak it when I went to Paris lol (I once bought a roast chicken and the bewildered shopkeeper asked me where I was from after I switched to my Canadian English to talk to my brother... anyway). I would genuinely like her to try, it'd probably be good for her to give it a go
Paris is a rough place though. People will genuinely judge you for every. thing. you do. I have relatives and friends there and from my experience, most parisians feel extremely entitled just because they live there. Teenage girls are the worst, I wish I couldn’t understand them sometimes. As a non-parisian in Paris, your confidence will probably go 📉 very quickly. That’s why I think Ruby wouldn’t last long if she tried to live there and speak the language. But then she thinks she is the GOAT, so who knows…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

I'm not even sure if this video is related to the thread because I've not watched it but I saw her name and had to share it with you guys!
I thought it was nice (this girl actually seems to do stuff with actual friends, work on her writing, and Roobee was just a brief mention in a busy day - like actually busy, not just busywork busy).

The she said she was listening to Soff-John Stevens 😾😾😾 and it all went down the drain.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Trying to speak your target language with native speakers is absolutely terrifying in general lol but it's also a necessary step if you want to become proficient in a language. Plus it's all in your head anyway. The people you're talking to are more likely to be impressed than judge you. And even if they do judge you who cares, learning a new language is hard, nobody just wakes up one morning having become fluent in a new language.
This is so true, I struggled for a longggg time with these thoughts when I was speaking my second language, but the worst thing that has ever happened when I messed up a word or sentence was the person I was speaking to laughed, thought it was cute, corrected me and instantly moved on lol. Plus, I’ve spoken to plenty of people who could barely speak English and I’ve never once judged or looked down on anyone for butchering a word or sentence (apart from Ruby lmfaooo) so it’s pretty unlikely that anyone would do it to me, and if they do, they’re just ignorant 🥴.

Reactions: 12
I thought it was nice (this girl actually seems to do stuff with actual friends, work on her writing, and Roobee was just a brief mention in a busy day - like actually busy, not just busywork busy).

The she said she was listening to Soff-John Stevens 😾😾😾 and it all went down the drain.
Seeing her imitate Ruby and her entire weird, fake Emma Watson vocal style down to a tee is really sad considering this girl seems to have far more going on in life and is undoubtedly much smarter. Hope she ditches Ruby like a bad habit and does her own thing.

The brief mention of Ruby did confirm one thing though: Ruby lied her ass off/massively embellished about going to the Bard 'n' Bland "event" with "foive frands". This girl took her best friend (who didn't know Ruby) and mentions that at the event, she met Ruby and two of her friends. So that's five people total, and Ruby's just inviting child viewers and claiming their best friends/chaperones as her own.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Lmao, the only thing that is honestly part of Roobee's ~*aEstHetic*~ is just her desperate, endless need for constnt academic validation
Screenshot_20220803_210002.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18

The thumbnail looks like someone pasted a colorized picture of their great aunt in October 1913 into a photo they took with their friend in summer 2022

• Haha
Don’t know if this is an England thing but why would you learn a whole paragraph by heart (if that’s what she was doing, already forgot tbh). It seems highly ineffective so it’s absolutely something I could see Ruby come up with. When I was learning languages in school (in Germany) we were doing those transfer kinda exercises and spontaneous speaking so we could adapt to unexpected scenarios. Feel like what Ruby is doing there gets you good grades but nothing beyond it
I went to high school in England and did GCSE Spanish, although parts of the course were modified/cut out because it was during lockdown, and the government said we didn’t have to do the official exams. Personally in my class, learning a whole paragraph by heart was seen by teachers as the desperate option, and it wasn’t encouraged. In Year 9 (students around 14 yrs old i think) we did a year of Spanish to get a feel for the language if we wanted to do it at GCSE, but we still had to do a Spanish end of year exam, so people who weren’t going to study it further would try and memorise a paragraph just to make ends meet and get a decent grade from the exam. However, what I also remember is my friend memorising a generic paragraph that she thought would work, only for the exam question to be different which basically ruined her answer because it had nothing to do with the question, and she couldn’t salvage it because she had no actual knowledge of the language. So based on that I’d also say that learning a paragraph just to get a good grade is risky because you can never guarantee the question in the exam, and as far as I’m aware in GCSEs and A-Levels the exam boards make up new questions for every year

Reactions: 6

She seems nice, and a her video is a lot more watchable than Ruby's, but have you noticed how many of these studytubers/vloggers seem really privileged and middle-class? That's not a dig at anyone. I just think it's noticeable. (Yes, I am making an assumption about this person's life lol).

Ruby's insta stories - she just can't help herself.

1659569892561.png

In fairness, she did post about 5 books that weren't kids' stories so maybe I'm being overly harsh.

Reactions: 12
Has anyone else noticed Ruby hasn't updated the description of her youtube channel in like two years?

'My name is Ruby and I'm a 20 year old university student..'

My name is Ruby and I'm a 22 year old university graduate who thinks I can write, still living in my parent's massive house with no real plans' would be a more honest description

Reactions: 22
“Not tepid, still cold. Cold like lemonade, not too intense…….in a necessary sort of way” - Ruby Granger, the brightest writer of her generation.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yeah but also, Paris.
French is my first language and I went to Paris when I was 10yo and a waiter made me cry because he couldn't understand the way I was saying "beurre".

• Sad
“Not tepid, still cold. Cold like lemonade, not too intense…….in a necessary sort of way” - Ruby Granger, the brightest writer of her generation.
Sometimes I think that her accent lets her get away with writing like this bc if I, an American, read this out loud I would get dragged by everyone in the comments lmao

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.