Ruby Granger #30 A warm milky mug of applestoodle tea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
huh, i didn’t mind going to an all girls high school, and i think there exists some studies that show it can be a better learning environment for girls (however boys learn better in co-ed schools)
Well with Ruby apparently it turned into a lifelong fear of boys and anything pertaining to them lol

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Like seriously ? I know it will be dumb for some of you but I didn't think girls only ( or boys only) schools still existed in Europe. ( Just read the wiki page of E.L. James and where she went). It's almost scary to me, it'd be my worst nightmare.
they still exist. There is an all-girls-school in my town. But that's the only one I know of and I don't think there are that many at least in Germany. I can't imagine going to an all-girls-school. During my apprenticeship I had school two times a week and we were only girls/women in that class (because some jobs are more or less just for women; not because men aren't allowed but .. you know how there are jobs that are considered to be for women only) and I found it very stressful at times.
For a year or so we had, that was when I was a teenager, sport lessons/class?! (I don't know how you would call it in English) separated from the boys. It was just an experiment, but I never got the point. I hated sports in school anyway, boys or no boys.

Reactions: 4
I reckon she’ll be going camping with Unjaded Jade, she’s back in the Uk and has just gone to Scotland with her mum… would match up with who she’s previously spoken too but also use it as a chance to learn more about how to put casual magic on the Internet

• Sick
Reactions: 14
they still exist. There is an all-girls-school in my town. But that's the only one I know of and I don't think there are that many at least in Germany. I can't imagine going to an all-girls-school. During my apprenticeship I had school two times a week and we were only girls/women in that class (because some jobs are more or less just for women; not because men aren't allowed but .. you know how there are jobs that are considered to be for women only) and I found it very stressful at times.
For a year or so we had, that was when I was a teenager, sport lessons/class?! (I don't know how you would call it in English) separated from the boys. It was just an experiment, but I never got the point. I hated sports in school anyway, boys or no boys.
In a certain way it's so Ruby... Hidden in a only girls school, far from any horrible men except daddy Bones. No wonder why she didn't like uni !

huh, i didn’t mind going to an all girls high school, and i think there exists some studies that show it can be a better learning environment for girls (however boys learn better in co-ed schools)
I guess not better for every girl. Being only surrounded by girls would depress me. But it fits our local Hermione.

Reactions: 5
I went to a mixed school but PE (that's usually what sports class is called in the UK) was always separated into girls and boys, we also often werent allowed to play the same sports, boys usually played football and rugby, girls usually played netball and rounders. One time we played dodgeball with the boys and I hated it because of how much harder they could throw😅😅
It's funny but I think you can definitely tell when someone went to an all girl's school. I knew a girl once who was really nice but I wasn't surprised when she said she went to one, she just gave off that vibe😂

Reactions: 5
I went to a mixed school but PE (that's usually what sports class is called in the UK) was always separated into girls and boys, we also often werent allowed to play the same sports, boys usually played football and rugby, girls usually played netball and rounders. One time we played dodgeball with the boys and I hated it because of how much harder they could throw😅😅
It's funny but I think you can definitely tell when someone went to an all girl's school. I knew a girl once who was really nice but I wasn't surprised when she said she went to one, she just gave off that vibe😂
what vibe? the scared of men vibe? 😆

Reactions: 1
I want to file a complaint. My ads are full of office chairs now because of gossip_guy. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
what vibe? the scared of men vibe? 😆
I'm basing my conclusions on the 2 girls I've ever met who went to an all girl's school, but both of them kind of had this air of confidence and self importance about them (not in a bad way, they were both nice people) that meant you could just tell they didn't go to an ordinary school😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Another great comedic piece of writing from Ruby. I can, however, suggest how it be might be dramatically improved with just one quick edit (i.e., Ctrl+A, Del).

Probably should run the same edit on her current book.

Sorry for the edits - just had another idea. She could donate all her unsold planners to low-SES families over autumn and they can burn them to offset the rises in heating costs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
bye bye blakeney, move over natasha, Ruby has yet another new best friend :ROFLMAO: is this a viewer? she is definitely a new character we haven’t seen before in the Ruby cinematic universe
CD14A223-9D4A-4E9D-96F2-CE426552305B.png

• Haha
is she body checking with the video of her swayymming in the varry cald wattuh?

Reactions: 4
bye bye blakeney, move over natasha, Ruby has yet another new best friend :ROFLMAO: is this a viewer? she is definitely a new character we haven’t seen before in the Ruby cinematic universe
View attachment 1467562
We saw her recently, she went to drink tea with 3 new friends. I don't know where she found them though.
I don't know why she's befriending lots of new people lately. Maybe her management is asking her to become social..

Reactions: 12
Unfortunately she only posted her narrated version so I've transcribed the insanity:

"I swam out tharr in the mworning.
Sat my shyooes and jomper right down in front of the old pier and stripped down to my old swimsyoot.
The pabbles prickled moiy feet and oiy half-ran to the seafront.
But the wahhrtuh wasn't as cyold as oiy acks-packted.
Not tepid. Still cold.
Cold loike lammonade. Not tyoo intanse...in a NASS-essary syort of way.
Nyo waves this mworning - at least nwot awftah the farrsh stap.
I dock undernyeath, and my hahhr froze frays in the water. Around moiy head. Above moiy back.
And oiy'm ackshually pleeased oiy forgot my scronchie.
I swim farther. Dyeeper. The whhartuh neither wharm nor cwold anymwore.
Instad...loike ahhr - thahhr bot not.
I hold moy brath. And moiy hands yover moiy head to syee how deep it is.
(Not varry.)
Only johst about twaller than me.
Than oiy swam dyeeper still. Until oiy can see the pier cleanly.
The nasstling bahhrds fyocus. AVVERYWAHHR.
Nearly avvery spyoke and pillah. They sit near the whartuh in bonches.
Some floiy back to the beachfrohnt for croissants and tyoast.
The mattel sheets are loiyke filmstrips stratching twice around the strockcher.
And thyough they're opaque, they almyost look see-thryough.
Thin enoff, reflacktive enoff that you can awwlmyost believe that loight is shoiyning thryoo tham.
WHAT WOULD THOSE PICTURES SHOW?!
Thyose pictures that make up a myoment - a mammary - screaming flames orrr...quiet seaside plashah?
That one annual day at the seaside for Jacqueline Samuels or Buth-ollomyew Jyones.
That short London ascape. Slarthered in clotted cream--eye cream--ice cream--and bags of cockles."
When I got to the part in bold, I imagined I was reading an Olde Englishe text and it improved the experience. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight or maybe something from Chaucer...I think Ruby's found her niche. ;)

Ruby writing ‘I am lucky to be here, alive and breathing’ is such a sad thing to see as it sounds like she’s trying to convince herself of that. I really do wish she’d get offline and get the help she can easily afford.
I always think Ruby's 'inspirational' affirmations give that vibe. It's not her intention, but the tone is less upbeat and more 'depressed person trying to motivate herself'. Maybe I'm projecting that onto Ruby from my own experiences.

View attachment 1467562
Yes, this is the same friend who was at the tea event. Have no idea where they met.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I always think Ruby's 'inspirational' affirmations give that vibe. It's not her intention, but the tone is less upbeat and more 'depressed person trying to motivate herself'. Maybe I'm projecting that onto Ruby from my own experiences.
I don't think it's supposed to be depressing.
It's just the type of things people who love to go live in the wild say.
You know like "Be thankful to be alive, be thankful for the trees and stones and flowers.
Come smoke weeeds with us".
I think she's been reading that sort of things.

Reactions: 1
"Learn some very basic French." This is going to sound terrible... judging by her knowledge of Spanish.
I hope she'll know how to pronounce 'Poirot' then.

I hope that essay that's "due" after graduation is not her sample essay that she's sending to Oxford (sorry, can't read the word before 'essay' in the photo).
I don’t live in the UK, so please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems weird to me that she attended an independent secondary school and doesn’t seem to have a basic knowledge of French, Spanish, Italian or German. Even if she didn’t enjoy learning languages, she still had to do the classes…? I looked at her old school’s website and French is compulsory for Year 7 and 8, plus they also offer Spanish and German. Surely she would have retained the basics of French from her early secondary classes?

Reactions: 2
We saw her recently, she went to drink tea with 3 new friends. I don't know where she found them though.
I don't know why she's befriending lots of new people lately. Maybe her management is asking her to become social..
Perhaps her management recognise it's important for her to appear as a normal young woman in public with a few friends (who aren't the children of her parents friends or her slightly younger cousins) to prove she's not just holed up in her room for the duration of the year pretending to write books and act like a 12 year old schoolgirl.

I think she was pretty unpopular at Exeter, she also doesn't seem like the type to go out and make all these friends of her own. Unless she's suddenly decided to become less private about her life. I suspect apart from Blakeney and a few others, most of her new 'friends' are probably her fans and now that she and Blakeney have graduated, she's been dropped like a hot potato, no longer useful.

Reactions: 11
Perhaps her management recognise it's important for her to appear as a normal young woman in public with a few friends (who aren't the children of her parents friends or her slightly younger cousins) to prove she's not just holed up in her room for the duration of the year pretending to write books and act like a 12 year old schoolgirl.

I think she was pretty unpopular at Exeter, she also doesn't seem like the type to go out and make all these friends of her own. Unless she's suddenly decided to become less private about her life. I suspect apart from Blakeney and a few others, most of her new 'friends' are probably her fans and now that she and Blakeney have graduated, she's been dropped like a hot potato, no longer useful.
It's weird the situation with blakeney.
Cause Ruby wrote a long message about her being her BFF for life, and few weeks later she had a new BFF.
So i also think blakeney got rid of her once she no longer needed to live with her......

And about the new friends, Ruby has said before that she doesn't like socializing, and prefers to be alone.
So i agree that it doesn't seem like her own decision. Unless she wants to change....

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.