Ruby Granger #27 Finished her studies, diss was a mess, now let her hide back in her room and regress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed this too! Almost all her food posts are sweet. When she goes to a cafe, it's nearly always sweet pastries, pancakes, etc. And the vegan snack bars are sugary too. I'm not saying cereal, yoghurt and fruit is a bad choice, but it's snoticeable how she rarely seems to have savoury food.

That pumpkin (?!) in shreddies looks vile.
both her and Holly G only eat sweets. must be an ED thing.

Reactions: 11
She's a reprehensible mess, and she really needs to do the right thing and quit YouTube.
Does anyone here think she'll quit YouTube soon?

Finally (sorry about double posting but there's so much to unpack here lmao), has she never heard of hedging techniques to make your statements sound less categorical?
"Perhaps no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."
Yeah, you'd think she might want to throw an 'arguably' into there. :p

I don't understand her all. How does she do draft upon draft and still not learn anything? In uni I occasionally would do one draft, but usually I would just write the essay and scan it for mistakes afterwards then submit. Usually got decent firsts without wasting weeks or sacrificing my social life.
It's sad that she prides herself on being amazing at reading and writing when she's evidently very mediocre. I guess she's just not very bright.
I think Ruby needs to study for all those hours to get good grades. Essay writing doesn't come as easily to her as she pretends. I'm guessing she's fairly rigid in her approach and looks for a formula to get good marks - perhaps starting with the marking criteria and then working backwards to incorporate everything. The result - an essay that feels robotic and stilted, but ticks a lot of the boxes.

I noticed this too! Almost all her food posts are sweet. When she goes to a cafe, it's nearly always sweet pastries, pancakes, etc. And the vegan snack bars are sugary too. I'm not saying cereal, yoghurt and fruit is a bad choice, but it's noticeable how she rarely seems to have savoury food.

That pumpkin (?!) in shreddies looks vile.
Just on this - I don't think this is necessarily the case for Ruby, but a lot of people (myself included) with ADHD really struggle with cooking. This means that a lot of what i eat is simple and therefore 'breakfast food' (porridge, eggs, sandwiches etc). So it might come across as preferring sweet foods when at least in my case, its just that i do not have the brain energy cook much (even making pasta sometimes tires me out haha)

Reactions: 15
There really is an author called David Handler, he writes mystery novels. I can kinda imagine ruby reading one, but I don't remember her ever mentioning any of his books. Ever.
I might be wrong tho
Her essay is about Lemony Snicket though. If she meant to talk about the other Handler, it'd be a pretty irrelevant addition to an unrelated essay about middle-grade fiction (not that that usually stops her).

Even if it were a case of her getting two authors she was familiar with mixed up in her head, you'd hope that she'd double-check and get things like this right considering she's been bragging so much about her "academic perfectionism" lately.

Does anyone here think she'll quit YouTube soon?
Zero chance. She's too invested in the hollow praise from adoring fans and the money she gets for lying and doing no work. She'll keep doing it until her audience is gone or she physically can't anymore.

Guys why is Ruby not as popular as before? It's strange that she failed to sell all her planners.

I don't follow her much, so i don't know what happened.

Do you think it's cause she used to have Harry Potter's content that she was more popular before?

Reactions: 3
People have pointed out her small portions and questionable eating habits in the past, and she always wags her finger and says she doesn’t show everything she eats in a day. But I truly think she does - she has such a fixation on food, about half* of the new video is dedicated to documenting her various teas, preparing ”food” (including ”breakfast” she made for Daddy Bones) and chewing gum (sorry but ew).

*the other half is bodychecking.

Reactions: 13
People have pointed out her small portions and questionable eating habits in the past, and she always wags her finger and says she doesn’t show everything she eats in a day. But I truly think she does - she has such a fixation on food, about half* of the new video is dedicated to documenting her various teas, preparing ”food” (including ”breakfast” she made for Daddy Bones) and chewing gum (sorry but ew).

*the other half is bodychecking.
Classic ED symptom being hyper-focused on food, preparing food, watching What I Eat in a Days, looking at recipes etc. When I was unwell I would just bake for my family, make them food all the time - it's so sad to look back on but feeding other people is such a red flag for a raging ED, it's almost like making the people around you eat more than you would ever eat yourself ... idk honestly EDs are so twisted
Also has many people have pointed out I think a lot of people with EDs mainly eat or crave sweet food, not sure what it is maybe the brain is deprived of nutrients and needs some instant energy in the form of glucose ..?

Reactions: 16
Guys why is Ruby not as popular as before? It's strange that she failed to sell all her planners.

I don't follow her much, so i don't know what happened.

Do you think it's cause she used to have Harry Potter's content that she was more popular before?
Lots of reasons, really.

Her controversies have mounted up over the past year and a half between taking money from charities, doubling down on the ED-baiting content, focusing on blatantly disingenuous ads (even her most hardcore fans had questions about her shilling the LG Gram despite never using it).

Her focus on her triggering food footage, toxic productivity and other thoughtless and damaging content has caused a lot of people to steer away from her.

Primarily, though, people grew up and she didn't. Her initial fanbase either got to the point where they were old enough to see through all her lies, or simply aged out of her content. They graduated, got jobs, and in most cases wanted relatable content that reflected their lives or provided something aspirational. Watching a privileged Tory in a state of arrested development twirling around her garden with no responsibilities or money worries isn't relatable, and no adult in their right mind aspires to be a child, or someone with the mentality of a child. Ruby is still making the exact same content she was in high school and hasn't grown or improved in any way. If anything, she's gotten worse. Her channel is just endless, recycled routines held together by lies and shoddy editing.

So she lost most of her core fans and won't attract more because she's a lazy, creatively stunted and technically inept creator on a platform where other people are putting in work and providing infinitely more interesting content. If people are looking for study-related content now, Ruby isn't where they'll go, because there's other people putting out more technically proficient and aesthetically pleasing videos.

She struggled to sell all her planners largely because of the above. Hers is a vanity project. A cheap scam meant to swindle naïve kids. It's overpriced, cheaply-made tat that only her fans will buy, and she has increasingly less of those to trick into handing over money.

But Ruby and her management also have no business aptitude whatsoever. They're trying to sell wildly overpriced, poor quality products to students on a budget during a cost of living crisis. It's not going to work. They release their planners far too late to be useful, so even the people who want to buy from her end up going elsewhere. And with every planner or product release, there's endless problems with shipping delays, manufacturing defects, and lies or radio silence from customer service. It's really bit the hand that feeds, and nobody with sense will buy from her twice after the last time they got screwed over.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I think a lot of her audience has started university as well, which makes it easier to see through her bullshit. It's easier to defend her weird quirks and unnecessary busywork when you are still in school. At that point, you may only know a handful of straight A students and some of them are a bit odd. But in university, you see most of the smart students just ... living a fairly normal life. Sure, they study a lot, but they usually also have friends, go to partys/clubs and work a job.
It turns out that aiming for 15 hour study days (where you spend five hours studying and ten hours doing god knows what) and only watching half an episode of Netflix have no bleeping impact on your grades.

Reactions: 29
It turns out that aiming for 15 hour study days (where you spend five hours studying and ten hours doing god knows what) and only watching half an episode of Netflix have no bleeping impact on your grades.
And gets you no closer to Oxford. The day that all the most prominent Studytubers failed to get into their universities of choice despite holding themselves up as scholastic geniuses and academic champions was the day most people will have seen that toxic productivity mindset for the sham that it is. The rest bitterly slinked off to other areas with their tails between their legs, but Ruby never moved on content-wise and only looked more like a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
And gets you no closer to Oxford. The day that all the most prominent Studytubers failed to get into their universities of choice despite holding themselves up as scholastic geniuses and academic champions was the day most people will have seen that toxic productivity mindset for the sham that it is. The rest bitterly slinked off to other areas with their tails between their legs, but Ruby never moved on content-wise and only looked more like a joke.
It was Ruby, Jack and Jade, right? Or am I missing someone?

Reactions: 6
It was Ruby, Jack and Jade, right? Or am I missing someone?
Yep, those three were all rejected from Oxford (multiple times in Jack's case).

Eve Cornwell apparently didn't apply to Oxford, but her first choice "dream university" was King's College London. She didn't get the grades needed and was rejected.

Lots of reasons, really.

Her controversies have mounted up over the past year and a half between taking money from charities, doubling down on the ED-baiting content, focusing on blatantly disingenuous ads (even her most hardcore fans had questions about her shilling the LG Gram despite never using it).

Her focus on her triggering food footage, toxic productivity and other thoughtless and damaging content has caused a lot of people to steer away from her.

Primarily, though, people grew up and she didn't. Her initial fanbase either got to the point where they were old enough to see through all her lies, or simply aged out of her content. They graduated, got jobs, and in most cases wanted relatable content that reflected their lives or provided something aspirational. Watching a privileged Tory in a state of arrested development twirling around her garden with no responsibilities or money worries isn't relatable, and no adult in their right mind aspires to be a child, or someone with the mentality of a child. Ruby is still making the exact same content she was in high school and hasn't grown or improved in any way. If anything, she's gotten worse. Her channel is just endless, recycled routines held together by lies and shoddy editing.

So she lost most of her core fans and won't attract more because she's a lazy, creatively stunted and technically inept creator on a platform where other people are putting in work and providing infinitely more interesting content. If people are looking for study-related content now, Ruby isn't where they'll go, because there's other people putting out more technically proficient and aesthetically pleasing videos.

She struggled to sell all her planners largely because of the above. Hers is a vanity project. A cheap scam meant to swindle naïve kids. It's overpriced, cheaply-made tat that only her fans will buy, and she has increasingly less of those to trick into handing over money.

But Ruby and her management also have no business aptitude whatsoever. They're trying to sell wildly overpriced, poor quality products to students on a budget during a cost of living crisis. It's not going to work. They release their planners far too late to be useful, so even the people who want to buy from her end up going elsewhere. And with every planner or product release, there's endless problems with shipping delays, manufacturing defects, and lies or radio silence from customer service. It's really bit the hand that feeds, and nobody with sense will buy from her twice after the last time they got screwed over.
Thanks.

I noticed she doesn't post much... except routines.
So i guess that doesn't help her...
And she doesn't do anything popular either.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 1250703

"First-person middle-grade narratives are engaging and intimate, however, no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."

I...don't know where to begin. Ruby makes a grand, declarative statement about first-person middle-grade narratives, then concludes her sentence by veering off to talk about unrelated third-person novels.

The author of the Lemony Snicket books is Daniel Handler. Ruby didn't just keep getting it wrong in her video. She got it wrong in multiple written drafts of her essay.

David Handler (whoever he may be) is apparently both a man and the world's most engaging and intimate third-person novel, according to Ruby's garbled English.

This is just the first sentence and there are multiple major errors. And she says this was the latest draft, meaning it was still in this much of a mess after several revisions.

She also goes on to announce that the book that she wrote for this module, 'Penelope Peppermint and the Silver-Tipped Octopus', fills a gap in the children's literary market. I guess that's possibly true; I don't know of any other novels for kids about an insufferable 12-year-old Tory girl and an octopus stealing from charities, so she'll be the first.

I may be wrong here, but at this point I genuinely think she's trolling us. She's angled the camera so we can clearly see what she's written on the page, and she definitely knows what we say here on Tattle. Part of me thinks she's written something below average and nonsensical on purpose just to show to the camera so she can aggravate us even more. But who knows, I might be wrong, and with how bad her ED is getting I'm surprised she can even string a sentence together since her brain is probably the consistency of the canned pumpkin she eats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Sorry this is so off topic and possible TW? I haven't yet figured out how to hide text so you've been warned lol.

well, curiosity got the better of me.. I wish I hadn't. At 4:28 my heart actually skipped a beat because of how slim her legs are now. She actually triggered me again... Yes it's my own fault for clicking on her video, but I didn't think she had gotten any worse in the few months I haven't watched her videos. I don't understand how her family isn't saying anything? Or maybe they have and believe Ruby's excuses? Ruby is going down a very dangerous rabbit hole.
I'm sorry you got triggered by Ruby!! I'd say she's doing this deliberately by wearing black tights which make her legs look even smaller. If you watch her videos from Exeter from last fall/winter (I wouldn't recommend lol) she's wearing a skirt and black tights exclusively everytime she films herself running and walking. This is absolutely deliberate. :mad:

I may be wrong here, but at this point I genuinely think she's trolling us. She's angled the camera so we can clearly see what she's written on the page, and she definitely knows what we say here on Tattle. Part of me thinks she's written something below average and nonsensical on purpose just to show to the camera so she can aggravate us even more. But who knows, I might be wrong, and with how bad her ED is getting I'm surprised she can even string a sentence together since her brain is probably the consistency of the canned pumpkin she eats.
The narrative voice sounds like her, though. I'm half-surprised she didn't begin the essay with HELLO IT'S RUBY. 😆

• Haha
She takes herself too seriously to troll anyone. She’s also not all that smart. Remember, she wrote Erimentha. She also consistently puts out content where the scripting (such as it is) is absolutely inane. And while she may be aware of Tattle, I doubt she lurks here all that much - why would she, when her comments are a much nicer place where she gets endless praise and validation?

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Her latest IG post feels like she's mudding up the weight loss time-line again.

Reactions: 2
I don't think she's that smart or organised tbh. She's clearly so thin-skinned and narcissistic that she wouldn't go out of her way to intentionally make herself seem stupid to her entire audience. She relishes the praise and the façade of being a gifted child genius too much.

Her editing and the blurring of sensitive documents, information and people's faces is so wildly inconsistent that I think it's much more likely that she simply didn't realise she left that essay page visible, or didn't realise there was anything wrong with what she'd written.

Reactions: 20
I don't think she's that smart or organised tbh. She's clearly so thin-skinned and narcissistic that she wouldn't go out of her way to intentionally make herself seem stupid to her entire audience. She relishes the praise and the façade of being a gifted child genius too much.

Her editing and the blurring of sensitive documents, information and people's faces is so wildly inconsistent that I think it's much more likely that she simply didn't realise she left that essay page visible, or didn't realise there was anything wrong with what she'd written.
Good point, I'm probably wrong tbh. It's just a ✨ fan theory✨ at the moment 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.