Ruby Granger #27 Finished her studies, diss was a mess, now let her hide back in her room and regress

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve noticed some of her videos recently have not begun with the usual “ HALLO ITS RUBEEE” and is now replaced with silence and captions usually starting with “of course … I had tea/stole more money from charities etc”. It seems this “oF cOuRsE” is the new hallo it’s rubeeee.

RIP HALLO ITS RUBEEE :(

EDIT:

The footage of her galavanting through a field wearing shorts gave me a fright. Either the shorts are meant to be that style or her legs have shrunk a lot - I’m leaning more towards that. The leg holes look like she could fit two of her thighs in one, they look so thin and those shorts make it really good obvious :/
Truly is the end of an era!

Reactions: 9
I wonder why she hasn't learned how to drive? It's not like she isn't able to afford lessons/a car/insurance etc

Reactions: 11
I wonder why she hasn't learned how to drive? It's not like she isn't able to afford lessons/a car/insurance etc
It's because driving a car is something most adults do. She would much rather have mummy and daddy drive her around everywhere. That way, she can continue to pretend she is a child.

Reactions: 22
New video is out and I'm already raging. The deadline for her diss was a few days ago wasn't it? So why is she talking about working on her diss?? It's clearly just recycled, old footage since she's too lazy to make actual new content.

Also:

View attachment 1250269

GIRL WHAT IS WE DOIN???????

View attachment 1250270

Shreddies with canned pumpkin, soy 'mylk' and what looks like a few pellets of sweetcorn ridden faeces in the middle. I truly am repulsed.
As many of you know I work in a care home and I'm sure I saw something that resembled that today
I'll let you decide where I saw it

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Why does Ruby keep saying things like "comes in useful" (I'm sure she said this in a video a few weeks ago) or "comes in so handy" (most recent video)?

Come on, Ruby! I thought you were the most studious bookworm, surely you can do better than "comes in so handy".

Screenshot_2022-05-07-21-15-17-83_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Reactions: 4
U5684535767856754580966386455.png

"First-person middle-grade narratives are engaging and intimate, however, no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."

I...don't know where to begin. Ruby makes a grand, declarative statement about first-person middle-grade narratives, then concludes her sentence by veering off to talk about unrelated third-person novels.

The author of the Lemony Snicket books is Daniel Handler. Ruby didn't just keep getting it wrong in her video. She got it wrong in multiple written drafts of her essay.

David Handler (whoever he may be) is apparently both a man and the world's most engaging and intimate third-person novel, according to Ruby's garbled English.

This is just the first sentence and there are multiple major errors. And she says this was the latest draft, meaning it was still in this much of a mess after several revisions.

She also goes on to announce that the book that she wrote for this module, 'Penelope Peppermint and the Silver-Tipped Octopus', fills a gap in the children's literary market. I guess that's possibly true; I don't know of any other novels for kids about an insufferable 12-year-old Tory girl and an octopus stealing from charities, so she'll be the first.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
41BEF439-3455-49DF-8E2B-A3F8D09CBE6F.jpeg

This shot made me wipe my phone screen, thinking the filth was on my end. Nope, just Rubella forgetting that she said she OYYLWAYSSS DIS-IN-FACTS her laptop.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
"First-person middle-grade narratives are engaging and intimate, however, no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."

I...don't know where to begin. Ruby makes a grand, declarative statement about first-person middle-grade narratives, then concludes her sentence by veering off to talk about unrelated third-person novels.
Also the first sentence (first-person middle-grade narratives..) is such a bold claim I'd want to see a source for that. Smells like plagiarism to me..

Reactions: 12
Also the first sentence (first-person middle-grade narratives..) is such a bold claim I'd want to see a source for that. Smells like plagiarism to me..
You're not supposed to make wide claims like that in an essay. Especially an undergrad one.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 1250703

The author of the Lemony Snicket books is Daniel Handler. Ruby didn't just keep getting it wrong in her video. She got it wrong in multiple written drafts of her essay.

David Handler (whoever he may be) is apparently both a man and the world's most engaging and intimate third-person novel, according to Ruby's garbled English.

This is just the first sentence and there are multiple major errors. And she says this was the latest draft, meaning it was still in this much of a mess after several revisions.

She also goes on to announce that the book that she wrote for this module, 'Penelope Peppermint and the Silver-Tipped Octopus', fills a gap in the children's literary market. I guess that's possibly true; I don't know of any other novels for kids about an insufferable 12-year-old Tory girl and an octopus stealing from charities, so she'll be the first.
Penelope Peppermint just sounds like Peppermint Patty from the Peanuts

Btw, no wonder she made seven drafts of her thesis. If she still gets this author's name wrong in how many drafts she's done by now I'd say seven drafts is not enough to do a good job

Reactions: 15
Yeah, it's a blanket statement that has no hope of being true.

To claim that every single first-person middle-grade narrative ever written is engaging is one hell of a claim.

And you might be able to make a case for all first-person middle-grade narratives being technically intimate (at least compared to third-person) by virute of the perspective being more direct. But Ruby doesn't even draw that comparison, she just outright states that they're all intimate with no further detail and then changes the subject entirely.

If this is the level of tit she gets a pass on, Exeter University has a lot of explaining to do.

Reactions: 20
Finally (sorry about double posting but there's so much to unpack here lmao), has she never heard of hedging techniques to make your statements sound less categorical?
"Perhaps no popular third-person novel engages readers as intimately as David Handler."
There, already sounds better imo. Though it's still such a bold and subjective claim I don't know why you'd want to expose yourself like this in an undergrad essay.

Reactions: 17
View attachment 1250703

I can't get over just how untalented she is at writing. What we see in this screenshot is just so badly written for a final year uni student. I knew her fiction was terrible, but being able to write excellent fiction is a talent. Essays on the other hand, she should be much better at them than she is. Writing flowing, well structured essays is a skill Ruby should have, considering she's completed 4 years of essay-based courses at uni AND the fact she paints herself as an avid reader. Writing well usually comes naturally to people who've been devouring books since before they can talk like Ruby claims she has done.
I don't understand her all. How does she do draft upon draft and still not learn anything? In uni I occasionally would do one draft, but usually I would just write the essay and scan it for mistakes afterwards then submit. Usually got decent firsts without wasting weeks or sacrificing my social life.
It's sad that she prides herself on being amazing at reading and writing when she's evidently very mediocre. I guess she's just not very bright.

Reactions: 26
Her sentence also doesn't really make sense logically to me?
Why the however? In the second part of the sentence you're just comparing third person novels to Lemony Snicket's novels, another third person narrative. The fact that first-person narratives are engaging and intimate doesn't really contrast with Lemony Snicket's novels being more engaging and intimate than third-person narratives normally are.

Reactions: 17
Sorry this is so off topic and possible TW? I haven't yet figured out how to hide text so you've been warned lol.

So guys, you know how Ruby is so obsessed with coconut milk? Soz if anyone has mentioned this before I found tattle, but I googled coconut milk calories and the first link told me this: 'Coconut milk and cream are sources of healthy fats called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). Several studies have found that consuming MCTs promotes weight loss by decreasing appetite and increasing energy [...]" It seems she manages to live off of tea and small portions because all the coconut milk she consumes probably keeps her feeling full🙄

Edit: I decided to watch her latest video because, well, curiosity got the better of me.. I wish I hadn't. At 4:28 my heart actually skipped a beat because of how slim her legs are now. She actually triggered me again... Yes it's my own fault for clicking on her video, but I didn't think she had gotten any worse in the few months I haven't watched her videos. I don't understand how her family isn't saying anything? Or maybe they have and believe Ruby's excuses? Ruby is going down a very dangerous rabbit hole.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1250703

There really is an author called David Handler, he writes mystery novels. I can kinda imagine ruby reading one, but I don't remember her ever mentioning any of his books. Ever.
I might be wrong tho

Reactions: 6
The way Ruby and Martha have both turned out is a real advert for private schooling 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Has she ever eaten anything salty on camera in any of her videos? Why is she always eating cereal and yogurt and fruit and smoothies and sweet vegetables. Her teeth are gonna fall out.
I noticed this too! Almost all her food posts are sweet. When she goes to a cafe, it's nearly always sweet pastries, pancakes, etc. And the vegan snack bars are sugary too. I'm not saying cereal, yoghurt and fruit is a bad choice, but it's noticeable how she rarely seems to have savoury food.

That pumpkin (?!) in shreddies looks vile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.