Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How old is the pen pal Ruby has met up with. I know Ruby acts young, but her pen pal actually is a child... She is 21, almost 22 and about to graduate uni. Why is nobody telling her this is crossing the line to inappropriate.
I believe Diary of Andrea is around 18, I've watched a couple of her videos and whilst I don't remember her mentioning her age if I remember correctly she's been doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma (16-18) and is about to start university (or possibly is in her first year it's been a while since I watched). She's Norweigian so she must be on holiday over here.

Reactions: 7
I believe Diary of Andrea is around 18, I've watched a couple of her videos and whilst I don't remember her mentioning her age if I remember correctly she's been doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma (16-18) and is about to start university (or possibly is in her first year it's been a while since I watched). She's Norweigian so she must be on holiday over here.
Ah ok, she's a bit older than I thought then. Thanks. That is a slight relief.

Reactions: 2
Even if she is now 18, Ruby reckons they’ve been in contact for years 😳… if this was a bloke he would be 100% be getting accused of grooming, and rightly so tbf.

• Sick
Reactions: 29
christ, is andrea (latest instagram post) the child she's been penpaling with? if so... rubes..... why did you meet up with her
How old is the pen pal Ruby has met up with. I know Ruby acts young, but her pen pal actually is a child... She is 21, almost 22 and about to graduate uni. Why is nobody telling her this is crossing the line to inappropriate.
I looked on her Instagram and one of the posts was a birthday cake with '18' on it. So presumably, she's only slightly younger than Ruby? Looks a lot younger though!

Reactions: 4
Even if she is now 18, Ruby reckons they’ve been in contact for years 😳… if this was a bloke he would be 100% be getting accused of grooming, and rightly so tbf.
Rewbee sses her letters as a form of gift giving, just like Lewis Carroll's letter to children.

Oh, wait....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
The penpal is 18 but definitely looks younger (I had to go looking). But she's still at school whereas Ruby is about to graduate university. It's a huge experience gap - or would be, if Ruby acted like an adult.

Reactions: 7
I think my suggestion for a thread title missed out by only vote before...and as it is eternally relevant, I'm shamelessly going to renominate. :D

Ruby Granger #26: Ruby's Adventures in Blunderland

Reactions: 13
I'm guessing she's 18-19, based on a birthday cake post on her insta. Also am I the only one who thinks this girl looks eerily similar to Ruby?? She's like.... an alternate universe younger Ruby 😁 when I first saw the pics I had to double check what's going on hehe

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
This, 100%. It's creepy as duck, and if Ruby were a male influencer (or just a man in general), the obsession with children, having shrines to fictional kids all over her bedroom walls, having younger penpals and sending them gifts and arranging meetups would be instant red flags and have her instantly on a government watchlist.

Not content with just trying to retreat into childhood, Ruby's befriended a young girl who idolises her and dresses like Ruby dressed five years ago.

Screenshot_20220410-122126_Chrome.jpg

Parents need to protect their children from Ruby in the same way this child penpal protects her purse from the notorious charity thief stood next to her.

Screenshot_20220410-122001_Chrome.jpg

What level of creepy narcissism do you have to ascend to in order to limit almost all your social interactions to children, fans who blindly idolise you, people identical to yourself or some combination of the three? She needs all the therapy.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I just feel very odd about Ruby's recent post and the younger penpals. I'm wondering how many she has and what she writes to them about, does she have them to maintain her childishness? I just feel very off about her social interactions being restricted to younger people and there isn't anyone her age that that she really interacts with apart from a few other people than Blakney. Her last post made me think about her dissertation and a book I read about Lewis Caroll with his letter writing to younger children and how he preferred to interact with them than adults.

I'm just wondering what her year off is going to do to Ruby, I think she is regressing more. I want to know why she is so interested in being childlike and if there is a certain cause, I'd just love to have a psychological deep dive done on her and see how she works. Used to have a sweet spot for her when she started university but I just find her just unpleasant these days, makes me wonder why I idolised her really.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I just feel very odd about Ruby's recent post and the younger penpals. I'm wondering how many she has and what she writes to them about, does she have them to maintain her childishness? I just feel very off about her social interactions being restricted to younger people and there isn't anyone her age that that she really interacts with apart from a few other people than Blakney. Her last post made me think about her dissertation and a book I read about Lewis Caroll with his letter writing to younger children and how he preferred to interact with them than adults.

I'm just wondering what her year off is going to do to Ruby, I think she is regressing more. I want to know why she is so interested in being childlike and if there is a certain cause, I'd just love to have a psychological deep dive done on her and see how she works. Used to have a sweet spot for her when she started university but I just find her just unpleasant these days, makes me wonder why I idolised her really.
Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. The age difference between Ruby and the penpal isn't too big imo, but even so, it's strange to seek out friendships with 'fans' rather than peers. It's like Ruby needs to be seen as the one with the knowledge/intelligence and she can only get this validation from younger people - older people wouldn't care, or they'd see through it. I do wonder how many penpals she has, and if they're younger than this person, because that would be definitely be crossing into inappropriate territory.

Also, it's bad enough to appear childlike when you're twenty, but it'll only become creepier the older Ruby gets.

Reactions: 18
Ruby spent 4 years at uni though, so if that girl is still in school then there’s at least a 4 year age gap. Idk, I think that’s a lot at that age although it gets less as you get older

The oddest thing about all this though is that Ruby has heard all this criticism before, and she still doesn’t think to herself “maybe this is something that shouldn’t be on instagram” 🤔

Reactions: 15
Their relationship is either creepy or harmless depending on how you look at it. Ruby's post seems harmless but if I said, "18 year old Norwegian student travels to UK to meet popular 21 year old YouTuber who befriended her whilst she was still a minor, has been writing letters to her for years and has helped promoted her channel" you'd think differently to "two university students, aged 18 and 21, spend day in London together".

We can't know exactly what their relationship is like but we do know that Ruby was as an adult contacting this girl whilst she was still under 18. We also know that Ruby seems to want more children as penpals, perhaps because the current ones are becoming adults who are less adoring of her but there is always the possibility of something more sinister.

Ruby does not appear to be in very much contact with any of the YouTubers she claims as friends prefering the company of people who adore her or who she can manipulate (including her parents). We can choose so see her as a damaged girl with an eating disorder and possible OCD but we also have to consider that she is manipulating everyone to follow her narrative. Pity play is common in female narcissists and Ruby is certainly trying to get pity (unwell, bullied, homesick) whilst also getting seemingly angry at anyone who is doing better or getting better grades than her. She has a very self-centered world view, most of what she does seems to be to try and get people to think she is a good person (vegan, shopping secondhand, supporting charities) but the truth of the matter is you know she doesn't really care about any of it.

Maybe everything is perfectly fine but if Ruby does something bad at some point it's not like people can say there weren't any warning signs.

Reactions: 16
TW: ED Sorry to be OT here but am I the only one who found Ruby's latest reel slightly alarming? Has it already been discussed on here? I've had dear friends who have suffered from different EDs, and legs like this – looking thinner and thinner and this fragile, almost like sticks – I've unfortunately seen many times before. Due to private circumstances, I haven't been reading here in a long time, but I am genuinely shocked. So no good news on this front? How can her parents not see this?

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest "Ruby Granger is a Bad Writer" as the next thread title...
For the thread title suggestions - much in the spirit of Rooby herself, I'm offering you an old, recycled thread title idea of mine (see above). Somewhat lazy, I know, but hey, at least I didn't set it to "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy".

Reactions: 14
Thread title suggestion:

Ruby Granger #26: Uni is over, her diss is a mess, time to go back home to mum and regress

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Don’t worry, everyone. This visit from Ruby's young penal was clearly only arranged for the filming of Ruby's next video, "Lewis Carroll episstolarly morning Routine *productive* (dissertation diary 5)".

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.