Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regency Inspired Outfits. I would love it if she thought of this because she watches Bridgerton, but can't admit this to her Insta followers!

Reactions: 9
This makes me wonder how she would pull off 60's fashion. I think clothes around that era would fit her better and since she loves antique stores and clothes, she could easily find/afford vintage pieces as well. Experimenting with make-up and hairstyles from that time would improve her appearance too, I think. Oh well 🥲
Could you imagine her in a Mary Quant style miniskirt though? Or looking like Twiggy? Far too much leg on display for our 10-year old Roobs! Would it look good on her? Probably? Would she ever do it? Probably not. When I think of the 60s I think of the Beatles, the Stones, youth revolution, rock music, mods, hippies, ... not Ruby Granger! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Regency Inspired Outfits. I would love it if she thought of this because she watches Bridgerton, but can't admit this to her Insta followers!
Nothing Regency about what she is wearing today, she's got the wrong period! Cardigans and massive collars are nothing like anything ladies in Austen times would wear 🤣 where is her empire line dress, silk shoes, pelise and reticule?

Picture 1 - outfit Ruby thinks is Austeneque
Picture 2 -Regency era dress

Screenshot_2022-04-09-11-33-16-57_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

IMG_20220409_113740.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I am officially old. I don't understand what the kids are wearing anymore, Dilophosaurus fashion is so hot right now.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.47.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.48.49 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I guess I don't really see the appeal with Miss Patina. I know the clothes are vintage inspired and old fashioned which appeals to Ruby but surely you could find actual vintage clothes for a lot cheaper at a thrift shop (without the ridiculous collars) and without contributing to fast fashion? But we know Ruby couldn't be bothered.

Reactions: 23
Ruby only likes Miss Patina clothes so much because they gift her free clothes of her choice. She's team whoever is willing to give her money to be on their team.

Reactions: 20
Maybe she’s not posting because sponsorships are drying up? (Because god forbid she film anything unless she’s getting paid.) I tried to investigate the other day, and it looks like Jack Edwards is gaining up to about 1,000 followers daily, while Roobee is gaining 20-30. She’s not managing to pull anyone new in and her fanbase probably aren’t converting to customers for companies.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Maybe she’s not posting because sponsorships are drying up? (Because god forbid she film anything unless she’s getting paid.) I tried to investigate the other day, and it looks like Jack Edwards is gaining up to about 1,000 followers daily, while Roobee is gaining 20-30. She’s not managing to pull anyone new in and her fanbase probably aren’t converting to customers for companies.
Tbh I'm really surprised she gets so many sponsorships. She's not exactly producing the most high-quality content, and her views have gone way down and have been going down for quite a while. Everything feels hastily thrown together and her videos all lack a coherent theme. If I were a brand she wouldn't exactly be high on my list.
I think she's just about lost all interest in youtube. However she is money hungry and that's continued to push her to sustain her channel. I wonder if she's going to take some time off after her dissertation and really think about what she wants to do with her life.

Reactions: 12
i guess a lot of you guys are like me - used to watch ruby for actual study motivation / study tube content and have grown to see her… failings? well i was wondering if there are any studytubers/booktubers that you guys would actually recommend that you enjoy the content of? i’m a student and could use the motivation 😂
I feel like a fossil between some of the tattlers, but if you're doing postgrad, I'd recommend Tara Brabazon. Not a studytuber, but an actual academic giving amazing advice for doing your PhD (and masters). She's Australian and has a great sense of humor. I regularly watch and re-watch her for guidance and motivation.

It's a sensible decision to do what's best for your recovery. The fact you're recognising the trigger and choosing to do something about it is a good sign. (y)

Ruby looks so dishevelled in this photo. It's quite shocking actually. I'd hate to imply that everyone needs to wear makeup or always dress in their best clothes, but when someone's posting content online you'd think they'd want to, idk, brush their hair or something. Compare that photo with some of Ruby's other content and the difference is striking. I know we've had this conversation before. but it really makes me question if her mental health's alright.
Her receding hairline. So sad. Needs nourishment and proper care. Bring back the fringe.

Nothing Regency about what she is wearing today, she's got the wrong period! Cardigans and massive collars are nothing like anything ladies in Austen times would wear 🤣 where is her empire line dress, silk shoes, pelise and reticule?

Picture 1 - outfit Ruby thinks is Austeneque
Picture 2 -Regency era dress

View attachment 1181635

View attachment 1181634
She doesn't even like Austen, but now uses it everywhere.

I am officially old. I don't understand what the kids are wearing anymore, Dilophosaurus fashion is so hot right now.
View attachment 1181647View attachment 1181646
You win the internet today. This is perfection

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Took a bit of scrolling back on her insta.

View attachment 1181471
It's so weird, she obviously obsesses over her appearance (allegedly "loves brushing her teeth", posts a lot of outfits of the day etc.) yet she can't keep it together. Forget about her teeth, she looks worse than ever. She's falling apart at the seams and I'm really curious as to where her gap year will take her. For her sake I hope she'll be moving towards recovery but I doubt it.

Reactions: 11
She's falling apart at the seams and I'm really curious as to where her gap year will take her. For her sake I hope she'll be moving towards recovery but I doubt it.
The gap year isn't going to do her any good at all, I don't think. It'll be a repeat of her home regression during the start of the pandemic, but without any of the structure of uni.

She's been home a week and already she's dived straight back into her strange and childish habits, twirling around her garden playing dress-up while adult responsibilities go unchecked.

Her YouTube channel is all but dead, her Insta content has just been desperate ads for Miss Patina while she dresses up like a time-travelling Tory child again. Her mummy's been indulging her and acting as camera operator, and her only apparent social interaction has been with a very young penpal who is essentially a child version of herself.

Not that she acted like a normal human being at uni, but at least being forced into social situations curbed some of her weirder impulses a little. Now she's home for a year she'll go full retreat into childhood again.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her management must think she's ridiculous. I went on her managements instagram page and noticed that they feature quite a lot of their talent and Ruby just isn't anywhere to be seen in the photos. A lot of them seem to comment and engage with their management's profile and again, Ruby doesn't. She doesn't seem to have any business connections at all or be grateful for people representing her.

She baffles me. She has no other responsibilities now that she's back home from university, she can't even pretend she has stuff to do. And yet all we will probably get is a "study with me for 12 hours for fun" type of video.

Reactions: 18
Her management must think she's ridiculous. I went on her managements instagram page and noticed that they feature quite a lot of their talent and Ruby just isn't anywhere to be seen in the photos. A lot of them seem to comment and engage with their management's profile and again, Ruby doesn't. She doesn't seem to have any business connections at all or be grateful for people representing her.

She baffles me. She has no other responsibilities now that she's back home from university, she can't even pretend she has stuff to do. And yet all we will probably get is a "study with me for 12 hours for fun" type of video.
She’s still working on her dissertation, it’s due on May 5, but the fact that she’s keeping mum about it makes me think it’s not going well.

Reactions: 13
Has she ever said what she wants to do after her degree?
She'll take a gap year and afterwards she's said she wants to do a Master's but who knows
We speculated she only took a gap year because she applied to Oxford for her Master's again and they rejected her again

Reactions: 6
How old is the pen pal Ruby has met up with. I know Ruby acts young, but her pen pal actually is a child... She is 21, almost 22 and about to graduate uni. Why is nobody telling her this is crossing the line to inappropriate.

Reactions: 18
She'll take a gap year and afterwards she's said she wants to do a Master's but who knows
We speculated she only took a gap year because she applied to Oxford for her Master's again and they rejected her again
Oh... And after masters?

Reactions: 1
I wonder if she has a conditional offer and - due to dissertation anxiety - wants to wait until her results confirm it.

Reactions: 2
christ, is andrea (latest instagram post) the child she's been penpaling with? if so... rubes..... why did you meet up with her

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.