Ruby Granger #25 Leaving all the books unread, chasing sponsorships instead

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But but but I thought she said she ALWAYS handwashed all her clothes. She does that in two minutes?!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
But but but I thought she said she ALWAYS handwashed all her clothes. She does that in two minutes?!
Her idea of handwashing is probably dumping all her dirty clothes in a tub of water and leaving them to soak until she remembers them

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Her idea of handwashing is probably dumping all her dirty clothes in a tub of water and leaving them to soak until she remembers them
Poor Blankney umm excuse me Ruby I would like to have a bath.
Ruby ok whilst your in there can you wringe my clothes out

• Haha
Reactions: 19
You would have a fair amount of washing to do if you changed outfits multiple times per hour. No way she could hand wash that amount and still have time to twirl.
If I limited it to two minutes a day there would regularly be rancid clothes in the washing machine that sat wet too long. Forget folding the sheets, there's no time in the schedule!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Now I had this sudden vision of Ruby soaking all her clothes in Bird and Blend tea cause it's so aesthetic (they all come out smelling vaguely like banana). Gotta use up all that gifted tea somehow!

• Haha
  • Sick
In regards to this recent video I loudly exclaimed ‘oh my’ when I saw the clip of that porridge….

The list of ingredients in it too….why rubix cube why

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Haven't been here for a while but I'm in a patreon for another youtuber and someone there has just posted that a studytuber "with a large following" has commissioned them for an academic planner. This is the studytuber's second one apparently, the first one sold out on the first day. Made me think of Ruby but thought I'd ask here as I can't remember whether she actually did an academic planner or just a crappy diary? (is there a difference? Is it just fancy phrasing?)

Reactions: 4
“Letters treat people as individuals. They operate as gifts. Not just correspondence, but made to be treasured and re-read."
In 2022 maybe, but that's only because there are much faster alternatives for communication. Back in Lewis Carroll's day, letters were a standard form of correspondence - he could hardly send a text or email! So I'm not convinced that letters did function as gifts. But maybe someone will disagree with that.

Edit: Just reread the sentence I quoted and noticed something else that's utterly bizarre - who the duck does laundry every single day! That makes no sense at all, why would she claim this! This is like, the routine video equivalent of nonsense poetry
Haha, it's all the outfit changes!

They're supposed to be stored in a cool, dry place. You're not supposed to store them in a hamper by a radiator in your swampy, condensation-filled bedroom like a bleeping lunatic.
😆 Thank you for reviewing these increasingly tedious videos. I didn't even bother to watch the latest one.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Team ”Lottie Parton is a Bad Friend is a Bad Title”

I know I said I’d eat a mugful of peas if it didn’t turn out to be Counting Backwards, but I’m going to hold off on the peas until we find out just how much of a self-insert Lottie turns out to be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
What's also hilarious is that I read a lot of childrens fiction (guilty) and I can't tell you how many books I've read which take place in a school and is about murder or 'someone going missing'. This book isnt original at all!

She's going to continue publishing under the surname Granger? It makes sense to keep all of her channels and her book under one alias, but over time lots of influencers refer to themselves under their real names again.
I also wonder if there is any copyright problem with her using the surname Granger when it actively alludes to Hermione Granger. That name is trademarked, as far as I can tell. Sure the surname 'Granger' on its own is not, but she uses/used it to refer to Hermione Granger.

Reactions: 25
She's going to continue publishing under the surname Granger? It makes sense to keep all of her channels and her book under one alias, but over time lots of influencers refer to themselves under their real names again.
I also wonder if there is any copyright problem with her using the surname Granger when it actively alludes to Hermione Granger. That name is trademarked, as far as I can tell. Sure the surname 'Granger' on its own is not, but she uses/used it to refer to Hermione Granger.
I doubt it unless she specifically mentions Hermione tbf, but if I were her I’d delete the rest of the ‘how to be like hermione’ videos off her channel.
Tbh she should have changed her channel name to Ruby Bones a long time ago before she started publishing stuff, I don’t get why she still calls herself Granger, it’s really odd.

Reactions: 26
I'm just gonna go ahead and suggest "Ruby Granger is a Bad Writer" as the next thread title...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
The "is a bad friend" part totally sounds to me like a book for toddlers that teaches them to be nice to others and not bully.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.