Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meh, everyone should be able to experiment with their style while they can - you can still get away with it at university, not so much in a professional setting - and I'd rather have people wearing tailcoats in a casual setting than people wearing tracksuits in a formal setting. 😂 My problem is that tailcoat looks too large on her and it's clearly cut for someone with broader shoulders.

Reactions: 11
Ladies , thank you so much for the thread. I occasionally lurk here as I want to know the tea on her. I don’t really watch her vlogs, I only remember watching her Victorian morning routine and that’s it.

all of you really did a good job in shedding light about her as a person, but most importantly, this specific thread helps To motivate me to not become Ruby 😂 currently in the middle of finishing my postgraduate degree and seeing her procrastinating makes me motivated to not follow her steps.

i won’t be able to contribute much since I don’t really pay attention to her channel, but keep going ladies (and gents, if any!)
I was almost about to say what about the gents! Gent here 👋

Reactions: 5
Untitled567567.png

Unt5675467itled567567.png

Another staged shot of her suspiciously pristine planner, because Ruby really wants people to believe she's making a tonne of progress on her dissertation and being syooper productive!

This might be more effective if almost all her tasks from the day before weren't incomplete.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I know it's been said before, but I find her Year 8 printed handwriting so incongruous.

Reactions: 11
I recently stumbled upon MotherGrangers Instagram and didn't realise she was on there. This was from January and may have already been spoken about but I am new and may be useful for those that missed it.

These 2 images actually make me sick 🤮 Still trying to maintain the image of a child by posing like matilda, who is what...6 and a half in the story and is already way smarter than Rhubarb. She looks up to or should that be down to a role model of a quarter her age. Maybe she should focus on miss honey a little more or you know actually choose something a little more grown up. This picture suggests she dreams of being her one day on stage which is never going to happen... also the 2nd image of her and mother, she literally looks no older than 12, and it makes me feel quite uncomfortable for someone who is 21 to look this way, it's like she is purposefully going by any means she can to look like a malnourished victorian child.
Screenshot_20220215-182346_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220215-182340_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I recently stumbled upon MotherGrangers Instagram and didn't realise she was on there. This was from January and may have already been spoken about but I am new and may be useful for those that missed it.

These 2 images actually make me sick 🤮 Still trying to maintain the image of a child by posing like matilda, who is what...6 and a half in the story and is already way smarter than Rhubarb. She looks up to or should that be down to a role model of a quarter her age. Maybe she should focus on miss honey a little more or you know actually choose something a little more grown up. This picture suggests she dreams of being her one day on stage which is never going to happen... also the 2nd image of her and mother, she literally looks no older than 12, and it makes me feel quite uncomfortable for someone who is 21 to look this way, it's like she is purposefully going by any means she can to look like a malnourished victorian child. View attachment 1064687View attachment 1064689
Yeah, it’s impossible to know what’s going on behind closed doors and it can be very hard to help a loved one with a mental illness. However I do feel very uncomfortable with how much Mother Granger appears to enable Ruby based on the stuff she puts online.

Reactions: 25
View attachment 1064588
View attachment 1064590

Another staged shot of her suspiciously pristine planner, because Ruby really wants people to believe she's making a tonne of progress on her dissertation and being syooper productive!

This might be more effective if almost all her tasks from the day before weren't incomplete.
Again a half assed, sorry assthetic, shot of gross and stainy food leftovers next to vase of flowers. Great Ruby, you absolutely suck at your job. How can she not see how bad it looks.

Yeah, it’s impossible to know what’s going on behind closed doors and it can be very hard to help a loved one with a mental illness. However I do feel very uncomfortable with how much Mother Granger appears to enable Ruby based on the stuff she puts online.
Tbh I think she has done absolutely duck all with her life apart from being a mum (hence the name mothergranger), which is really not a bad thing in itself, but I sense she doesn’t really know what to do with herself now that her kids have grown up and therefore probably loves the fact that Ruby wants to cling on to her childhood as much as possible.

Reactions: 22
Tbh I think she has done absolutely duck all with her life apart from being a mum (hence the name mothergranger), which is really not a bad thing in itself, but I sense she doesn’t really know what to do with herself now that her kids have grown up and therefore probably loves the fact that Ruby wants to cling on to her childhood as much as possible.
Yeah I agree! I also find it weird that she calls herself “Mother Granger” online given that’s her daughters pseudonym and that her Instagram is set to public? It’s almost as if she wants her daughters fans to see her and follow her too, which feels a bit weird given Ruby’s followers are mostly school / uni kids

Reactions: 24

These 2 images actually make me sick 🤮 Still trying to maintain the image of a child by posing like matilda, who is what...6 and a half in the story and is already way smarter than Rhubarb. She looks up to or should that be down to a role model of a quarter her age. Maybe she should focus on miss honey a little more or you know actually choose something a little more grown up. This picture suggests she dreams of being her one day on stage which is never going to happen... also the 2nd image of her and mother, she literally looks no older than 12, and it makes me feel quite uncomfortable for someone who is 21 to look this way, it's like she is purposefully going by any means she can to look like a malnourished victorian child. View attachment 1064687View attachment 1064689
Eh, I don't think the second picture is that bad (I mean, it looks bad, but because Ruby's mask is weirdly placed and it looks like she's talking). If I went with my parents to the theater or the auditorium and they took a selfie it would probably look like that too.

Guys, how do you all know so much about tailcoat etiquette?!

I am British, middle class, grew up in the Home Counties and have genuinely never heard of half this stuff or seen anyone wear a tail coat unless it’s on TV 😂 What is this world I’m apparently missing out on 😭
Off topic 😀 but I used to work in a world where that kind of stuff was considered important. I would have to spend hours poring through Debrett’s to work out what people’s titles were and what would be the correct order in which to announce them at dinner and who should be served first and so on. It was interesting but there does come a point when you wonder what you’re doing with your life working out whether a Bishop should be served before a Baronet.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Guys, how do you all know so much about tailcoat etiquette?!

I am British, middle class, grew up in the Home Counties and have genuinely never heard of half this stuff or seen anyone wear a tail coat unless it’s on TV 😂 What is this world I’m apparently missing out on 😭
Haha, same here. I've been reading this going 'wow I don't think this knowledge has reached County Durham' ;)

Reactions: 10
Thread title suggestion (not very good, but I'm bored):
Perhaps we're all mad here, but not nearly as mad as to eat up all the impossible things Ruby force-feeds us

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Meanwhile, the bookclub is dead.
Disappointed but not surprised ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thread title suggestion (not very good, but I'm bored):
Perhaps we're all mad here, but not nearly as mad as to eat up all the impossible things Ruby force-feeds us
It could also be "believe," as that's what the original quote says. Either way, I can't wait for others' title ideas (and for a new Ruby video...).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
This is something I can't fathom: Why on earth wouldn't Ruby address the reason why she hasn't participated in HER bookclub since July? It just really looks bad on her part because she's supposed to be a booktuber / studytuber? Imagine if Jack Edwards ran one and suddenly vanished...It's just bizarre.

Reactions: 26
This is something I can't fathom: Why on earth wouldn't Ruby address the reason why she hasn't participated in HER bookclub since July? It just really looks bad on her part because she's supposed to be a booktuber / studytuber? Imagine if Jack Edwards ran one and suddenly vanished...It's just bizarre.
I mean it's not THAT hard to say that she is busy with her thesis and other... stuff. People would have understood.

Reactions: 23
I think it's rather simple: instead of addressing the problem at hand, Ruby usually prefers to avoid taking accountability and instead keeps running away from it. We saw it with the Holocaust controversy, her planner business, her eating habits, and on many more occasions. Deep down, she's either terrified of how many things she's behind with (the book club included) and is frozen in panic, which leaves her fans perpetually disappointed and confused, or she genuinely couldn't care less. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: 19
It's her standard M.O.: Ignore the problem until it goes away, and only address it when it becomes too big to ignore.

Her book club seem to have just made excuses for and largely put up with Ruby's long-term vanishing act and word of it hasn't made its way to her comments sections.

Most of her fans aren't aware that she even has a book club, let alone that she ghosted it, so Ruby isn't addressing it because nobody's talking about it in public.

Plus at this point, anything she says to address it aside from "I lost interest because I wasn't the smartest person in the room and this wasn't the ego boost I wanted" would be an obvious lie.

She claims to read multiple books a week and shows herself wasting whole days on mindless procrastination and busywork, so any "I've been too busy to read a book a month and host a single Zoom call" excuses wouldn't fly.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.