Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please tell Ruby that changing her VPN location to Canada does not count as leaving her bedroom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
So she is now taking pictures of "Children's fruit tea" another way of Roobee trying prolong her childhood in her mind. Just grow up already! I wonder if she will buy some and treat us to another "tea with ruby". Pour it into her broken, dirty ass mug and proceed to chew said tea on Camera to say its tastes like Banana!

Screenshot_20220214-195439_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So she is now taking pictures of "Children's fruit tea" another way of Roobee trying prolong her childhood in her mind. Just grow up already! I wonder if she will buy some and treat us to another "tea with ruby". Pour it into her broken, dirty ass mug and proceed to chew said tea on Camera to say its tastes like Banana!

View attachment 1062543
To be fair, banana is probably one of the few flavours she knows any more. Banana, Manilife, oats and frozen blueberries. Oh and peas, frozen ofc.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Can someone please tell Ruby that changing her VPN location to Canada does not count as leaving her bedroom.
"But even if yoo spand 95% of your life on the grounds of your seclyooded manor home, Nord V.P. Anne is still EESANSHULL.

Nord V.P. Anne helps proTACKT your serverware agyaynst long-distance hacksters who try to break into your computer memory to take control of yyooour gigabots, overclock your keyboard and steal your entire mainframe!

Nord V.P. Anne will relocate your hard drive to a different V.P. Anne address so that your computer desktop is safe from theft! And I should kyow - I JANuinely use it AVVERY day!

Syo dyon't delay! Buy a box of Nord V.P. Anne tyooday!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
When it is easier to het a master's place offer at Oxford, why didn't they accept Jack Edwards?
You can say much about him, but he clearly has more sense of literature than Ruby. When she does get a place and he not, it would be unfair....

Just a random thought the night before an exam... wish me luck.

Reactions: 24
When it is easier to het a master's place offer at Oxford, why didn't they accept Jack Edwards?
You can say much about him, but he clearly has more sense of literature than Ruby. When she does get a place and he not, it would be unfair....

Good luck!

P.s. I agree, Jack annoys me but you can tell he actually reads books and enjoys them.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
why, why, why everytime she tries tea she does make that horrible sound!? can't stand it... and in my country this is so unpolite omg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1062543
The ridiculous thing is that she just could get any standard rhubarb and custard tea. Her tasting buds must have shrunk into oblivion from those frozen peas, she won't be able to tell the difference anyway (and, as she likes to reminds us, banana tea tastes like banana!). But no, she's choosing Children's tea because she's so quirky and unique!! And not creepy at all with her obsession about children!

Reactions: 6

I just hope unlike him, that she has the sense and self-awareness to not just apply only to Oxford in a ridiculous display of arrogance, and then vow to apply again if she gets rejected. Her whole reflecting on the rejection video, where she shows at least SOME self-awareness, would be worthless if she just pulls a Jack.

Best of luck on your exam!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Even if he could easily cover the costs and had recommendations in the bag, he'd still need to provide a great personal statement, a portfolio of work and a research proposal.

His Masters rejection video made it seem like he'd focused entirely on his YouTube channel, the StudyTube podcast, his stationery company and his book as reasons that Oxford should accept him. If anyone at Oxford admissions sat through that podcast which made everyone involved look like pretentious dimwits, or his videos which are endless cringe, puns, and passive-aggressive digs at Oxford for rejecting him, they'd immediately see that he's not a great fit.

His sole reason for attending Oxford for a Masters seemed to be to prove them wrong for rejecting him at undergrad. He didn't apply elsewhere and didn't seem to have any reason or passion for actually studying at Masters level. That likely shone through in his personal statement and his supporting material/proposal likely confirmed that he wasn't suited for Masters-level education or even particularly interested in academia.

He's more outgoing and articulate than Ruby is (not that that's a high bar), but he still has all the same inherent issues, just not to the massive extent that she does. Ruby might be a little smarter about being able to bullshit about why she wants to study for a Masters, but I think she'll be hit by the same problems and her portfolio and proposal likely won't look as great under the more discerning eyes of Oxford Masters admissions.

I imagine she's also aiming to try to recycle her dissertation as her Masters project, too, which might be why she insisted on wasting time with manuscript scavenger hunts - to prove that she's ready for the big leagues. They'll see through that tit.

Good luck with the exam! You've got this!

• Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1062543
Did she buy these? £4 for 10 teabags? That is crazy.

Reactions: 7
Isn't that kinda messed up though? They're fine with (wealthy) students vlogging to a large online audience how amazing/unique/dark macademia/whatever being a student at Oxford is (which is implicit advertisement I guess?) but someone who needs to work to support themselves is off the table?
Something to consider is that vlogging can be flexible and students should be able to do it in whatever free time they have. With a regular job, the student will need to be there for fixed hours and it won't be easy to get time off to catch up on uni work. So maybe that's one difference?

Reactions: 10
posted this on the jack edwards thread too and thought of posting it here, as ruby is mentioned.

Reactions: 7

Acceptance rates vary from course to course. Although they are on average higher than for BA programmes and PhD programmes, some courses are more competitive. The English literature MSt 1900-present has on average 193 applications and 65 places; the English and American Studies programme has 60 applications and 8 places. So even if highly qualified people apply, some won't get a place. Someone like Jack Edwards or Ruby would then easily miss the boat. Ruby is actually safer in the Victorian programme she's interested in... But even there, 18 applicants on average don't secure a place, and she could well be one of them.
Good luck with the exam!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ladies , thank you so much for the thread. I occasionally lurk here as I want to know the tea on her. I don’t really watch her vlogs, I only remember watching her Victorian morning routine and that’s it.

all of you really did a good job in shedding light about her as a person, but most importantly, this specific thread helps To motivate me to not become Ruby 😂 currently in the middle of finishing my postgraduate degree and seeing her procrastinating makes me motivated to not follow her steps.

i won’t be able to contribute much since I don’t really pay attention to her channel, but keep going ladies (and gents, if any!)

Reactions: 13
GOD that tailcoat is so bleeping horrendous it makes me want to scream. i can only imagine just how musty it smells too🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.