Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1058068

Then she humblebrags that the grade is much higher than she was expecting.

We know this is a lie. Ruby very clearly checked her grades off-camera. Her lies are confirmed by two things:
  1. Ruby always expects a First.
  2. She says she "JANuinely" was expecting a lower grade. This is one of Ruby's patented poker tells - if she says she 'GENUINELY' anything, it's bullshit.
So this footage serves no purpose other than for Ruby to brag about her high grades and pretend to be humble because she was only expecting a low First. She says she got a 74, but shows no proof and reads out no feedback.
Isn't it weird that only a few pages ago, we talked about how unrealistic her grades are and that getting these extremely high firsts is something that's unheard of in most English departments? Curiously, just like that, Ruby got a first again but this time it's not in the 80s, it's a 74. She reads here 100% and adjusts her grades (or rather, her lies) accordingly.

View attachment 1058475

She does some uncoordinated "yoga" while cooking her "food".
I have no idea how they did it, but somewhow Ruby and Blakeney have managed to make her kitchen area even uglier with all that grimy mess, the carpet Rooobe's using for her workout (which clearly has never seen a hoover), and the bits of newspaper glued to the kitchen cupboards. :sick:

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Isn't it weird that only a few pages ago, we talked about how unrealistic her grades are and that getting these extremely high firsts is something that's unheard of in most English departments? Curiously, just like that, Ruby got a first again but this time it's not in the 80s, it's a 74. She reads here 100% and adjusts her grades (or rather, her lies) accordingly.
Yup, and considering how much and how often she lies about how much she can get done in a day to fool impressionable kids into thinking she's better than them, I don't doubt for a single second that she'd lie about her grades.

I do wonder what Blakeney or anyone who knows her in real life thinks when they watch her videos and see that it's clearly full of lies and events from multiple days are crammed into one fabricated day. Do they call her out on it? Have they mentioned it in the past and gotten a tantrum in return? Is she up front with them about making tit up for views and praise? Or do they just roll their eyes and never mention it?

Reactions: 22
It worries me that Ruby doesn’t delete these comments, ever, but it’s way more disturbing that men like Dave (who I’m guessing is 44 and probably violating the terms of his probation by posting comments like this) think that they have some kind of right to post sexualised comments at all, but especially on a channel like Ruby’s. Anyone with even half a brain is going to watch a few of Ruby’s videos and realise quite quickly that she’s not at all well, mentally and physically. She’s clearly a young woman who is struggling with the transition to independent adulthood and with body image. There’s something that‘s just so damn nasty about taking that and thinking it’s in any way appropriate to post messages about how ‘sexy’ she looks.
And the fact that her young followers see her deleting critical comments and all jump to defend her, but have no issue with comments like this. If Ruby openly objects to constructive criticism but not to creeps like Dave and Penultimate, she’s going to get 13-year-olds thinking that it’s OK for middle-aged men to call young women sexy on the internet. She needs to take some responsibility and realise the kind of influence that she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
And the fact that her young followers see her deleting critical comments and all jump to defend her, but have no issue with comments like this. If Ruby openly objects to criticism but not to creeps like Dave and Penultimate, she’s going to get 13-year-olds thinking that it’s ok for middle-aged men to call young women sexy on the internet. She has to take some responsibility and realise the kind of influence that she has.
Absolutely. If I knew that my followers were mostly young teenagers and mostly female, I'd be extra careful about "sanitizing" my comments. I would not want to know that people like these are hanging out in the same online space as my followers. If she's fine with leaving these comments up on her profile, that's fine (although hypocritical considering that she's quick to delete anyone who criticizes her, even when it's in good faith), but imo she's doing a disservice to her audience.

Reactions: 28
The Oxford Master's that someone posted about, as it would align perfectly with Ruby's Victorian macademia aesthetics, has on average 83 applications a year, and accepts around 65 students: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/mst-english-1830-1914
There is a higher chance of getting into this programme, than into a BA at Oxford. But then, if she doesn't get a good grade on her dissertation (which I can see happening), she might not get the place after all. Perhaps she has a conditional offer and thinks her dissertation will be good enough to secure the place?
‘The Nineteenth-Century Child in Theory and Practice’, the perfect course for Ruby

Reactions: 13
While many British students know that Master's programmes are cash cows for the universities, which are way less selective in accepting students than for Bachelor's or PhD programmes, the wider public at home and abroad might be unaware of this situation. Hence people like Ruby can claim an Oxbridge Master's but the acceptance rate is much higher than for the undergraduate programme.
Plus she doesn't need to worry about an interview. And she'll have glowing letters of recommendation from tutors.

Reactions: 7
Plus she doesn't need to worry about an interview. And she'll have glowing letters of recommendation from tutors.
But then there's the inevitable stage where, after finally being accepted, she quickly realises that she's completely out of her depth and has to either fail out or drop out.

Getting accepted would probably be the worst thing for her. At least if she got rejected, she could just never mention that she applied. If she goes, celebrates that she was finally vindicated by Oxford and accepted at last and starts vlogging, she's on the hook to either see it through or drop out and look like a failure.

And, of course, there's no shame in taking a shot at something and realising it's too much or not suited for you. But given how Ruby builds herself up as the perfect, gifted, child genius, getting her ass handed to her by Oxford University won't do her any good.

Reactions: 20
AX -ellent recap.
Ruby trying to chew the tea was a ridiculous performance. I really want someone to take Ruby aside and tell her she’s being ridiculous, but it seems she will not listen if her deleting well-meaning comments is anything to go by.
I haven't seen the video yet so I don't know the full context here, but this idea of Ruby chewing tea reminded me of what I used to do when I was heavily restricting back in the day. I would sometimes pour myself a glass of milk and instead of drinking it, I would eat it with the tiniest teaspoon available. It would take quite a bit of time and since milk has at least some nutritional value, to my malnourished brain it seemed somewhat like a meal (logic...). I don't know if that was what she was doing, or if it was just some lame attempt at comedy, but yeah - I guess it's something to think about.

But then there's the inevitable stage where, after finally being accepted, she quickly realises that she's completely out of her depth and has to either fail out or drop out. Getting accepted would probably be the worst thing for her. At least if she got rejected, she could just never mention that she applied. If she goes, celebrates that she was finally vindicated by Oxford and accepted at last and starts vlogging, she's on the hook to either see it through or drop out and look like a failure.
And, of course, there's no shame in taking a shot at something and realising it's too much or not suited for you. But given how Ruby builds herself up as the perfect, gifted, child genius, getting her ass handed to her by Oxford University won't do her any good.
It might sound a bit m a l i c i o u s of me, but I kinda want to see it happen, because it could actually be her rock bottom. She would have to really think things through and make an adult decision - does she truly want to continue fooling herself and her audience, or would she rather come clean and start a new chapter, authentic and mature? And besides, knowing Ruby, even if she leaves Oxford, she will eventually find a way to twist the whole situation in her favour (she could say, for example, that she's still grateful for this short time at Oxford, that it was her dream come true, that it allowed her to see things from a different perspective, etc., etc.), so I wouldn't be too worried. I just really want some change in her life, for better or for worse - her content and life have been painfully stagnant for quite some time now, and starting a Master's at a different uni would be a perfect opportunity to grow (or if that doesn't work out, it would at least grant us a change of scenery :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Even after six+ years of making videos for mass consumption as her primary source of income, the self-proclaimed queen of research, preparation and hard work has never bothered improving her filmmaking skills in any way. She never learned the incredibly basic filmmaking technique that a soundtrack is supposed to compliment the visuals to help tell a story, or at least tonally fit what we see onscreen.

Grieg's Morning Mood would've better fit the 'waking up in the morning' scene. Flight of the Bumblebee would've better suited the 'I am rushing around being productive' vibe that Ruby tries to fake with her overreliance on timelapse footage to give the illusion of busyness. Chopin's Funeral March would've accurately conveyed the death of creativity and Ruby's career prospects as it happens before our eyes.

The tiniest bit more effort would make a major difference. But nope, Ruby's just slaps the same four instrumental songs on at random, regardless of the footage, because any more effort than that would be too much for her.
For real! I mean, I'm definitely not surprised that her soundtrack isn't more versatile, since she is our ✨routine queen✨, but I'm so sick of this repetitive music - she practically ruined it for me (not that I was particularly fond of these specific pieces before - I generally prefer faster and more energetic/powerful music - but it still irks me so much)... There's so much beautiful music to be discovered, and I really wish she included expanding her music taste in her goals, especially since she's so determined to learn something new every day.

Even after six+ years of making videos for mass consumption as her primary source of income, the self-proclaimed queen of research, preparation and hard work has never bothered improving her filmmaking skills in any way. She never learned the incredibly basic filmmaking technique that a soundtrack is supposed to compliment the visuals to help tell a story, or at least tonally fit what we see onscreen.
I, too, am baffled by her lack of improvement when it comes to filmmaking and video editing, and it's not just music - as many of you have pointed out on numerous occasions, the horrible sound quality, awkward cuts, and repetitive format make her look unprofessional. Also, if memory serves me correctly, I think she's worked with Skillshare before? This is a partnership she could actually benefit from, but I guess this is yet another instance of Ruby being Ruby and refusing to take advice from the objectively more knowledgeable and experienced.

Reactions: 17
I think it's mean and childish to constantly pull shots from her videos and make fun of her face. I think if someone took a picture of you while talking you'd look ridiculous too. Let's not become the bullies Ruby already thinks we are
I was saying about the yellow raincoat thing she was wearing…

• Haha
Reactions: 15
For real! I mean, I'm definitely not surprised that her soundtrack isn't more versatile, since she is our ✨routine queen✨, but I'm so sick of this repetitive music - she practically ruined it for me (not that I was particularly fond of these specific pieces before - I generally prefer faster and more energetic/powerful music - but it still irks me so much)... There's so much beautiful music to be discovered, and I really wish she included expanding her music taste in her goals, especially since she's so determined to learn something new every day.

I, too, am baffled by her lack of improvement when it comes to filmmaking and video editing, and it's not just music - as many of you have pointed out on numerous occasions, the horrible sound quality, awkward cuts, and repetitive format make her look unprofessional. Also, if memory serves me correctly, I think she's worked with Skillshare before? This is a partnership she could actually benefit from, but I guess this is yet another instance of Ruby being Ruby and refusing to take advice from the objectively more knowledgeable and experienced.
It's definitely laziness. Youtube isn't a hobby for her, it's become just something she can do to make money. A chore. She can't be bothered to truly come up with original content. As far as music, how many times has she added dance of the sugar plum fairy? It's all repetition and awkward cuts. Maybe if she put more of an effort in she would actually grow her audience. But no, she'll fade eventually.

Back on the topic of the MSt in English, it does look full of things Ruby would love:
- explore describe the physical features of printed books
- analyse how the meaning of a text is shaped by its medium (print or manuscript)
- Theatre, Performance, Performativity
I wouldn't be surprised to learn she's planning to apply

Reactions: 16
Back on the topic of the MSt in English, it does look full of things Ruby would love:
- explore describe the physical features of printed books
- analyse how the meaning of a text is shaped by its medium (print or manuscript)
- Theatre, Performance, Performativity
I wouldn't be surprised to learn she's planning to apply
She'll have already applied since the deadline is passed. I doubt she'll mention it unless/until she gets an offer. And that'll be seen as proof that the BA admission tutors made a mistake.

Reactions: 21
I saw this in the comments and checked out their profile. 1. The British style of dressing (I don’t think so) 🥴 2. Do we think we’ve found Roberta’s Ass-ay writer?
09636A34-4AA8-47D8-9AA1-01C9DCE9DCA3.jpeg
BFD2E2DF-5CC1-48A4-AD20-69194C9AB159.jpeg

• Haha
It’s true that she should’ve had NordVPN listed as an ad in the title of the video?
At a minimum, I believe she needs to either include a very clear 'AD' in the thumbnail or in the title, not necessarily both.

But the rules require that if a video contains advertisements, the influencer makes it crystal clear to a potential viewer before they click on it. If the bare minimum doesn't make it clear, it ain't good enough for the ASA.

The only mention of this video being an advertisement is the text in the thumbnail.

Untit79878led.png

White text on a pale background doesn't exactly stand out at a glance (hell, even her descriptive 'campus & cafés' text blends into the background) but it is there.

Ruby mentions that the video is "sponsored by NordVPN", but the ASA advises against using that term as a main signifier of advertisement content, since it can be too vague a term. She also waits until a minute into the video before saying it. She includes NordVPN in the description, but just includes a product link/discount code 'Since it's NordVPN's birthday', with no mention of the video being/containing an ad for it.

Ruby also inserts the NordVPN usage into her vlog as though it's part of her daily routine. Everyone here knows that it's not and she's just lying, and it muddies the waters more and makes it less clear to newer viewers that it's an ad when Ruby's pretending she uses this service all the time.

It's definitely debatable how clear it is, and it's kinda subjective - some might immediately spot the 'AD', some might not, and some might immediately realise it's an ad she was paid for upon hearing 'sponsored'. I'd probably give her a pass on the NordVPN sponsorship thing, even if she did only manage to do the vaguest of bare minimums to declare it.

The shoehorned Perkier ad though is indisputably an undeclared ad for a gifted product in breach of ASA rules. The fact that they're both in the same video just shows what a lazy, dishonest tit she is.

Last edited:
But then there's the inevitable stage where, after finally being accepted, she quickly realises that she's completely out of her depth and has to either fail out or drop out.

Getting accepted would probably be the worst thing for her. At least if she got rejected, she could just never mention that she applied. If she goes, celebrates that she was finally vindicated by Oxford and accepted at last and starts vlogging, she's on the hook to either see it through or drop out and look like a failure.

Just wondering, how would Oxford feel about her being on YouTube / social media and spending so much time dedicated to that considering their “no working rule” (have no idea if this applies for masters)
I know it’s not super strict but if her grades start falling would they be able to turn it against her?
she certainly won’t get the special treatment she does at Exeter for it if she did get in... would she be able to cope with not feeling special

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.