Ruby Granger #23 Her workload‘s pure spuddle, let’s all twirl in a puddle!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t help but feel like this letter writing project might be either linked to, or inspired by her diss. It’s just so reminiscent of Lewis Carrolls letters to young girls. I’m fully aware of the controversy around his letters and the one thing that both sides seem to agree on is that he certainly idolised and was fascinated by the concept of girlhood and “children of eve”, I am absolutely NOT implying that there’s a sexual element to what Ruby is doing but do you think she might be writing all these letters to young fans as a modern comparison?
If this was the case that she actually planned to use them in her dissertation in some way, she would need to do an ethics form!

Reactions: 10
On the way, she says she's finishing listening to 'Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance' by Angela Duckworth on Audible.
Are you sure it wasn't called 'Grift'?

P.S. Love that you plotted the locations on Google Maps. 😆 True dedication.

Other thoughts -

-I wanted a new video, but this honestly annoyed me so much...just the endless repetition and lack of engaging content.
-Why on earth does she need to display clocks so frequently in her videos? Nobody cares what time it is! Who actually wants to see a ticking clock every ten seconds? I might as well just stare at my bedside table for a while.
-75% of Ruby's videos are ads at this point and it increasingly feels like she exists just to advertise gifted products.
-I never want to see another shot of a snack bar, ever. If I have a nightmare in which I'm chased down a rabbit hole by hundreds of Perkier bars with teeny-tiny legs then this will be 100% Ruby's fault. I will sue.
-Yoga while cooking, brushing teeth while reading...can she not just sit still for a minute?
-In the planner, it looks as though she's written ''Waitrose - milk and bloons''.
-Waterstones should be charging Ruby rent at this point because she practically lives there.
-I'd love to know more about her course and the modules she's taking because it sounds interesting.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Her clock looks like it's also an alarm clock, and she allegedly has it set for a little past 5. Are we supposed to believe she wakes up at 5 am? Didn't she film that video a few weeks ago where it was 10 or 11 am and she looked like she had just woken up?

Reactions: 4
Inspired by her ever receding hairline due to lack of nutrition, I photoshopped Rupert bald.
9D1AFDE5-DACB-40C1-8B07-5D79F50A1535.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Holy tit I almost mistook her tea pot for a bong...It's literally so dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Ok so I haven’t posted here in like a year (legit couldn’t be bothered to watch any more of roobee for the longest time) but I’ve recently tuned back in, and literally feel like NOTHING has changed. Kinda sad, but not surprising to see that she’s still doing the same routines; seemingly still struggles with food in some kinda way, and still has a weird obsession with childhood. Have we made any progression in the past year?

Reactions: 17
It's not like Ruby to make herself deliberately look "laid back" in terms of her academics, so her barely putting any content out about her dissertation, or where she's applying for masters or what courses she wants to do, or if she's going into work, makes me think she already has something confirmed and ready to just announce in a video at some point as she's acting way too smug and chilled about all of this to me, surely if she was struggling and feeling down about it, she'd be putting out bragging content constantly to make it look like she's got everything planned

Reactions: 24
She swills the tea around her mouth and attempts to chew it. She smacks together her lips in what can only be described as anti-ASMR while muttering nonsense about the tea.
AX -ellent recap.
Ruby trying to chew the tea was a ridiculous performance. I really want someone to take Ruby aside and tell her she’s being ridiculous, but it seems she will not listen if her deleting well meaning comments is anything to go by.

Reactions: 10
The Oxford Master's that someone posted about, as it would align perfectly with Ruby's Victorian macademia aesthetics, has on average 83 applications a year, and accepts around 65 students: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/mst-english-1830-1914
There is a higher chance of getting into this programme, than into a BA at Oxford. But then, if she doesn't get a good grade on her dissertation (which I can see happening), she might not get the place after all. Perhaps she has a conditional offer and thinks her dissertation will be good enough to secure the place?

• Wow
Reactions: 23
It worries me that Ruby doesn’t delete these comments, ever, but it’s way more disturbing that men like Dave (who I’m guessing is 44 and probably violating the terms of his probation by posting comments like this) think that they have some kind of right to post sexualised comments at all, but especially on a channel like Ruby’s. Anyone with even half a brain is going to watch a few of Ruby’s videos and realise quite quickly that she’s not at all well, mentally and physically. She’s clearly a young woman who is struggling with the transition to independent adulthood and with body image. There’s something that‘s just so damn nasty about taking that and thinking it’s in any way appropriate to post messages about how ‘sexy’ she looks.

Reactions: 29
The Oxford Master's that someone posted about, as it would align perfectly with Ruby's Victorian macademia aesthetics, has on average 83 applications a year, and accepts around 65 students: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/mst-english-1830-1914
There is a higher chance of getting into this programme, than into a BA at Oxford. But then, if she doesn't get a good grade on her dissertation (which I can see happening), she might not get the place after all. Perhaps she has a conditional offer and thinks her dissertation will be good enough to secure the place?
Eugh I feel like that could really be her ticket into oxford tbh

Reactions: 17
Eugh I feel like that could really be her ticket into oxford tbh
While many British students know that Master's programmes are cash cows for the universities, which are way less selective in accepting students than for Bachelor's or PhD programmes, the wider public at home and abroad might be unaware of this situation. Hence people like Ruby can claim an Oxbridge Master's but the acceptance rate is much higher than for the undergraduate programme.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.